• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Let's create a story...

Bullet

Eye for an eye
I just recently returned to roleplaying after a few years break, and I am hoping to start a new (or a few new) RP storylines to fulfill my RP cravings. Any type of partner is fine, not picky about that. I do have a few preferences, though.

• I am not a fan of one-liners. I understand some people feel the need to if they are having a conversation, but there are plenty of details and narrations that can be added, as well as character thoughts. I like detail in my dialogue. This helps develop the character and give them a realistic feel, and helps immerse me in the story, and hopefully my partner as well.
  • With the above in mind, I want a paragraph minimum responses, though preferably I'd like 3 paragraphs, though I understand that isn't always a possibility.
  • Grammar and spelling. I'm not asking you to be a great literary novelist, just reread what you write to make sure it makes sense. I'm patient, I can wait a little longer.
  • I also need a patient partner. I work during the day, so I can normally do several multi-paragraph replies during the evening if i'm not bogged down with too many RPs. I do reply at least once a day, so if that is too long a wait, sorry. :S

Aside from that, I am flexible, open to plot developments spurned by my partner, and will participate in near any type of RP (aside from Fandom), so if there is a really odd RP you wanted to try out, I'm all ears. Let's create a story! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Bullet said:
I just recently returned to roleplaying after a few year break, and I am hoping to start a new (or a few new) RP storylines to fulfill my RP cravings. Any type of partner is fine, not picky about that. I do have a few preferences, though.
  • I am not a fan of one-liners. I understand some people feel the need to if they are having a conversation, but there are plenty of details and narrations that can be added, as well as character thoughts. I like detail in my dialogue. This helps develop the character and give them a realistic feel, and helps immerse me in the story, and hopefully my partner as well.
  • With the above in mind, I want a paragraph minimum responses, though preferably I'd like 3 paragrpahs, though I understand that isn't always a possibility.
  • Grammar and spelling. I'm not asking you to be a great literary novelist, just reread what you write to make sure it makes sense. I'm patient, I can wait a little longer.
  • I also need a patient partner. I work during the day, so I can normally do several multi-paragraph replies during the evening if i'm not bogged down with too many RPs. I do reply at least once a day, so if that is too long a wait, sorry. :S

Aside from that, I am flexible, open to plot developments spurned by my partner, and will participate in near any type of RP (aside from Fandom), so if there is a really odd RP you wanted to try out, I'm all ears. Let's create a story! :smile2:

Hello~ I'm interested in making a story with you. I mean if you're okay with waiting until tomorrow (since my last final is tomorrow). I have two stories in my mind that I've been just wanting to roleplay out. I mean I'm already writing them on my own, but it's really fun to create a more complex story with another person's input.

If you are interested these are the two stories that I came up with.

1. Sort of influenced by the story of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

https://www.rpnation.com/threads/a-monster-in-all-of-us.70081/

I already sort of created a thread a long time ago, but it sort of died out. This story is too complicated to simply summarize it into a couple sentences so I just sent you the link to the RP which has most of the info.

2. Inspired by some really interesting/amusing myth about the London Bridge I heard

I haven't been able to develop this story as much as I have wanted to since I started writing it only recently. The basic synopsis is this:

London Bridge is falling down

Falling down, falling down.

London Bridge is falling down,

My fair lady

It was a tune that all children and adults knew and loved. It was made into a game, was hummed quietly when one was bored, and was even taught in primary school. But no one knew why the song was even made...or what it was about. No one, except one man. The Watchman.

(Basically the myth was about how the London Bridge song was about the actual construction of the old London Bridge. And the myth mentioned how certain elements of the song suggested that the queen had ordered a mysterious constructor to bury children in to the London Bridge as it was built. I am not saying that it is a realistic thing, but as a person who was reading at a 3 in the morning I suddenly had an urge to write a story based around it. So my story is about two orphan children who were part of the "London Bridge Piper Case" [many young children between the ages of 6-18 were mysteriously disappearing during the night, especially the noble children which symbolize the gold and silver mentioned in the original lyrics of the London Bridge is falling down song]

London Bridge is broken down,

Broken down, broken down.

London Bridge is broken down,

My fair lady.

Build it up with wood and clay,

Wood and clay, wood and clay,

Build it up with wood and clay,

My fair lady.

Wood and clay will wash away,

Wash away, wash away,

Wood and clay will wash away,

My fair lady.

Build it up with bricks and mortar,

Bricks and mortar, bricks and mortar,

Build it up with bricks and mortar,

My fair lady.

Bricks and mortar will not stay,

Will not stay, will not stay,

Bricks and mortar will not stay,

My fair lady.

Build it up with iron and steel,

Iron and steel, iron and steel,

Build it up with iron and steel,

My fair lady.

Iron and steel will bend and bow,

Bend and bow, bend and bow,

Iron and steel will bend and bow,

My fair lady.

Build it up with silver and gold,

Silver and gold, silver and gold,

Build it up with silver and gold,

My fair lady.

Silver and gold will be stolen away,

Stolen away, stolen away,

Silver and gold will be stolen away,

My fair lady.

Set a man to watch all night,

Watch all night, watch all night,

Set a man to watch all night,

My fair lady.

Suppose the man should fall asleep,

Fall asleep, fall asleep,

Suppose the man should fall asleep?

My fair lady.

Give him a pipe to smoke all night,

Smoke all night, smoke all night,

Give him a pipe to smoke all night,

My fair lady.[2]

Anyhow, so two of the children who disappeared during the case are reincarnated during the time period when the new London Bridge is being built. (Great Fire of London btw). And the same incident is about to happen again, and it is in their hands to get their revenge for what happened in their past lives, and stop this event from recurring.

Yup that was long. So sorry.

Child Sacrifice Theory:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/London_Bridge_Is_Falling_Down#Child_sacrifice_theory

Last edited by a moderator:
Atsuko said:
Hello~ I'm interested in making a story with you. I mean if you're okay with waiting until tomorrow (since my last final is tomorrow). I have two stories in my mind that I've been just wanting to roleplay out. I mean I'm already writing them on my own, but it's really fun to create a more complex story with another person's input.
If you are interested these are the two stories that I came up with.

1. Sort of influenced by the story of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde
I'm patient, and understand if a reply takes a day or even a few days. It's no issue for me. :) Though I only see 1 story mention, haha. Perhaps it was cut off?

Bullet said:
I'm patient, and understand if a reply takes a day or even a few days. It's no issue for me. :) Though I only see 1 story mention, haha. Perhaps it was cut off?
Yah sorry. Accidentally pressed tab and then enter heh.

Bullet said:
@Atsuko: The story about the London bridge sounds very interesting, I would love to do an RP based on that.
Yay. So we're doing the rp here right? I guess I can create my character tomorrow after school. I think the main characters we would need is the Watchman (comes way later), an 15 year old boy (past) 17 year old girl (reincarnation), and 13 year old girl (past) 21 year old boy (reincarnation), and then we can make more characters as the story progresses.

Atsuko said:
Yay. So we're doing the rp here right? I guess I can create my character tomorrow after school. I think the main characters we would need is the Watchman (comes way later), an 15 year old boy (past) 17 year old girl (reincarnation), and 13 year old girl (past) 21 year old boy (reincarnation), and then we can make more characters as the story progresses.
I figured we could create a new thread specifically for the story. Now the boy reincarnates into the girl and vice versa, correct? Just wanted to be clear on it. I read what you posted; very good. I sat wishing there was more to read!

I'm interested in shaping up a science fiction sort of story, how does that sound?

TheCreator said:
I'm interested in shaping up a science fiction sort of story, how does that sound?
Shoot me a PM and we can go over it. :)

Mobius said:
https://www.rpnation.com/threads/mobiuss-got-some-plots.80287/
Do any of those sound interesting?I think it would be a lot of fun to roleplay with you.I normally reply two chunky paragraphs,but if I'm given enough I'm capable to reply with more and I like a challenge.

Let me know!
The pirate and captive storyline piqued my interest. Send me a PM?

NOTE: I'm going to put a hold on new storyline requests for the moment. I received a lot more replies than I thought I would. I'd hate to accept a roleplay request and be unable to reply in a timely manner due to pending engagements. Thank you for stopping by regardless, and hope to RP with you eventually!

Bullet said:
I figured we could create a new thread specifically for the story. Now the boy reincarnates into the girl and vice versa, correct? Just wanted to be clear on it. I read what you posted; very good. I sat wishing there was more to read!
Yes. And thank you! I intend on editing it more, and adding more to the first chapter. Oh and could you create the new thread and PM me the link? Thank you! I look forward to roleplaying with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back