• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Let's Chat!! (OOC)

Light level steampunk. A middle ground between swords, magitech, and modern guns. Flintlock, Muskets, Semi Automatics, weak automatics (Like maybe a machine pistol)

No weapon type is definitively better than another

Pretty much as long as it's not OP, I'll allow it

Light level steampunk. A middle ground between swords, magitech, and modern guns. Flintlock, Muskets, Semi Automatics, weak automatics (Like maybe a machine pistol)

weeeell i would figure that someone with a machine pistol would outperform someone like my sword w/ no-offhand character 9/10 times but thats another discussion :lennymeh:

weeeell i would figure that someone with a machine pistol would outperform someone like my sword w/ no-offhand character 9/10 times but thats another discussion :lennymeh:

Ok, so what I'm hearing from both of you is that I'm allowed to make an ancient god who duel wields rocket launchers, cool-cool :P

weeeell i would figure that someone with a machine pistol would outperform a character my like sword w/ no-offhand character 9/10 times but thats another discussion :lennymeh:
Then allow me to lay it to rest now.

Pistols back then were very weak and had long reloads. You also have to aim, steady, and keep count of a finite amount of bullets that can't just be made anywhere like an arrow can and who's recoil makes sustained fire wholly inaccurate. If you have moderate armor, like anything above steel, machine pistols are only useful with a headshot.

Plus, with a sword, once you close the gap you have the definitive advantage. Multiple styles allow you to be as unpredictable as you need to be. Since guns back then used ball ammo, swords can deflect them with ease. If you have something like iaijutsu, you could deflect every bullet that comes from a machine pistol

This is the anime version of iaijutsu (which is what we're using), in a hilariously simplex cartoon samurai_animation_by_tomisaburo-d4fi4at (1).gif

Automatic Guns can't use magic rounds nor can the gun be enchanted. Only the bullet. Speaking of that, the only way to induce different elemental effects is to use different types of bullets, requiring you to reload. With a sword or bow, you can cast a different spell on the same quiver of arrows and the same sword for different effects, and without the gunpowder and being made from natural resources instead of mass produced, they catalyze magic a lot easier. This is the art of spell blade

You can't recover a piece of ammo after you've used it like with a bow, meaning you'd have to carry more in a dungeon. Since this is a machine pistol and they fire fast, you'd have to at least quadruple the amount you'd have to carry with a semi automatic pistol

There you go. Why a sword can beat a machine pistol in this RP

Then allow me to lay it to rest now.

Pistols back then were very weak and had long reloads. You also have to aim, steady, and keep count of a finite amount of bullets that can't just be made anywhere like an arrow can and who's recoil makes sustained fire wholly inaccurate. If you have moderate armor, like anything above steel, machine pistols are only useful with a headshot.

Plus, with a sword, once you close the gap you have the definitive advantage. Multiple styles allow you to be as unpredictable as you need to be. Since guns back then used ball ammo, swords can deflect them with ease. If you have something like iaijutsu, you could deflect every bullet that comes from a machine pistol

This is the anime version of iaijutsu (which is what we're using), in a hilariously simplex cartoon View attachment 385640

Automatic Guns can't use magic rounds nor can the gun be enchanted. Only the bullet. Speaking of that, the only way to induce different elemental effects is to use different types of bullets, requiring you to reload. With a sword or bow, you can cast a different spell on the same quiver of arrows and the same sword for different effects, and without the gunpowder and being made from natural resources instead of mass produced, they catalyze magic a lot easier. This is the art of spell blade

You can't recover a piece of ammo after you've used it like with a bow, meaning you'd have to carry more in a dungeon. Since this is a machine pistol and they fire fast, you'd have to at least quadruple the amount you'd have to carry with a semi automatic pistol

There you go. Why a sword can beat a machine pistol in this RP
*Begins slow clapping and wipes a tear off my face*

ah, my character is waaay too unskilled to do something like deflecting bullets lol but yeah in a dungeon scenario it would work out better, i always typically imagine things in a duel scenario by default

Whoag, we've already got enough people for two groups of five. o,o

*slowly peeks in*
I must say, this is the most hilarious OOC I have ever seen.
Out of curiosity, how full is the proverbial room that contains the people in the RP?

*slowly peeks in*
I must say, this is the most hilarious OOC I have ever seen.
Out of curiosity, how full is the proverbial room that contains the people in the RP?
not sure if they set a limit or not, although I do recommend waiting until Kylesar1 Kylesar1 says something because I'm an unreliable source of information :3

I was just wondering if the RP was ‘full’ or not.
You seemed to have just the right amount of people already.
e454f4645ec013883e665d905d9a0ed076102be9e70929c273b0a4640f78eb48.jpg

are we going to have a discord for ooc later or we keeping it all in thread?
I may have to get us all in a separate thread where I can talk to you all without having to tag you all individually. It's impossible to remember everyone's names

I may have to get us all in a separate thread where I can talk to you all without having to tag you all individually. It's impossible to remember everyone's names
Could just create a PM.
Good way of keeping everyone together xP

Could just create a PM.
Good way of keeping everyone together xP
I will
I don't know if it'll be of everyone who said they're interested or of the people who actually made a CS.
Regardless, it may not be today, though we're starting the RP tonight

Noble Scion Noble Scion
K KodomoYamiya
Birdsie Birdsie
BackSet BackSet
@LunarShines
Tyler Roedenski Tyler Roedenski
Raku Raku
Wick Wick
Rantos Rantos
Morgrim Morgrim
SleepySloth SleepySloth
@flowiestfire
Silver Wolf Silver Wolf
Loony_Bin Loony_Bin
Raider dog Raider dog
Melon Bomb Melon Bomb
The Mechanist The Mechanist
BackSet BackSet
Castello Castello

This is FUCKING INSANE! HOLY SHIT

This is EVERY SINGLE PERSON who expressed interest in the RP. A number this big may run some people away, but I'm happy as hell
Aye, but I'd say 40% will vanish and 30% will drop, then 20% will get busy and the remaining 10% no longer sustain the RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back