• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Let the Lady Lead (1x1 Search)

Necrefiri

The Ashen One
5f081911cb742a401b4715560f96cfe39efa8181.gifv

If you look below you'll see four plots that have a running theme of stronger female roles.
By all means this doesn't mean I want them to be paired with a push over male counterpart and have them dom someone or a juvenille child character looking for mom.
Just wanted to try something a bit different with a leading lady that's a bit rougher around the edges or mature and aware of the world she lives in.
Below are some details to preferences. Check out the two plots and see if either applies.

Hey there I'm in what you'd call my late twenties so please no one under 18 .
I prefer female roles they're just what I'm more into and comfortable with, however i don't mind doubling up on occasion if it aid's the plot and seems feasible.
I'll always share side/background characters of varying genders and sexualities.
semi lit and lit is where i'll be falling.
Although to be completely transparent my post length varies depending on interest in the plot and set up as well as if there is a lot for the character to do or if they're just talking.
Hrmm i believe that's it for those details.
P.S. faceclaims are flexible and I use both kinds.

Plot 1 - As the tables are turned
I've always wanted the chance to play around more with my female Knight/Mercenary. I originally pulled her together for a Castlevania rp but decided i could modify her a tad for an original. My thought was perhaps a happy accident that winds up with a bit of unrequited love. She takes a job as a mercenary and unfortunately her patron has set her up for trouble as the merchandise he claimed was stolen had instead been confiscated by the king. She's caught and left without aid as the merchant is long gone. Quick thinking and charming negotiation has the 1 year prison sentenced shortened to 6 months of unpaid service in the king's guard. Due to recent unfortunate circumstances, a new king was appointed and he was unwed which caused an influx of potential queens to the castle. More bodies meant more threats and as such a new personal guard was just what was needed especially when she could blend right in. Circumstances led the two to spend time together, while duty forever weighed on her mind his was left unclouded and he began to realize how much more he preferred the guarded servant to the frivolous ladies who'd come to hope for attention. But six months are over faster than one might imagine and he has a feeling she'll be quick to go galloping off when her sentence ends. ((a rough idea that can be modified.))

dongho-kang-remake.jpg

Plot 2 - All Hail the Queen

From a wild warrior to queen of a kingdom. Her father was lowly chieftan when it all began. Their home was the front line against the invasions of that she civilized people called the wilds. At first the goal was simply to repel and preserve their ways of life for it was what the gods expected and their king demanded. Many were lost but within a years time they'd learned the ways of their neighbors and held their lines firm. Her father received a vision from the gods that their lands were meant to grow. They'd been patient and thus were deserving of an expansion. The king of the wilds did not agree. But as luck would have it their succession was a fragile construct. If a line proved itself to be weak and lacking the support of the gods then the people believed it was time for a shift. Her father entered the arena with the king and exited as the king, now wielding the power to pursue the new lands. As his eldest we fought by his side leading the men of Argor having been awarded the title of chieftan. They forced fear into the civil ones to where the kings of two worlds met to negotiate. Her hand was offered and accepted without the womans knowledge. At first she was bitter but then she realized the potential of fufilling the goal her family had set but upon her arrival she realized she'd been wed to a chicken with little more vision than a tadpole in a puddle.

It seemed to gods heard their followers displeasure in her dreams. The desire to hold the reigns of her life within her hands again was fufilled in form of a new threat from the east. Her coward of a husband had no desire to display his mastery of the sword but the queen was all too happy to prove why it was she deserved the title without the pedigree to support it. She led the forces of her kingdom to battle and secured victory. Those at court feared her fearsome nature and though her to be a beast sent by the devil. But those who fought beside her realized that there might just be some value to the ways of the wild. She was honorable, brave and looked everyone in the eye regardless of their origin. Though she survived many opponents on the field of battle her husband was defeated by an infection gained from one too many bedfellows in the queens absensce.

She returned a respected victor in the eyes of the people and the military but very much unwanted by the nobility and royalty who thought she had no place among them. She'd gone from being the kings shield to being the queen with a sword firm in her hand and daggers directed at her back. The ways of the kingdom still foreign and new. She'd just protected her new home and now she stood to lose it from those who wished to have it back for themselves. The battlefield of court is far different from the one filled with mud and grass. Opponents were unclear. Agendas ever changing. Though she hated to admit it she needed someone as this was to be the first time she wasn't sure she could stand on her own.

The queen can be paired with just about anyone . . .
A servant
A noble
A Ambassador from a foreign nation
A foreign king
A prisoner of war that was once wild but assimilated long ago to the civil kingdom
A fellow wild one who came to the new kingdom as her aid
A family member of the former king
tumblr_nk1n47NQlR1tdy0nco1_500.gif
369d2cdf11855bb9ac3728c14e694ab3fd5a9bbf.gifv

Plot 3 - Something Wicked This Way Comes

In my concept a powerful witch from older times is brought back to life by her modern coven sisters in hopes she will tip the balance in their favor again so they might not only best the humans but also become the supreme beings. They believe this elder witch will be particularly helpful as the mission she died pursuing is the very same they intend to reignite. What they do not realize is that as it has happened many other times in history details were lost to time. For in fact the elder witch only wished to bare her teeth sharply enough to stop the slaughter of her own kind and have the chance to secure equality and peace for her kind and other mythics. Back then she achieved her goal and declared an end to the war of witches. But her second in command had other ideas. They'd come back from the brink of extinction and gained power unlike they'd ever known. The second believed they shouldn't simply be equals but rather rulers. She was livid when the Elder called upon the witches to lay down their malice and be merciful. It was then the second took things into her own hand. The one the elder trusted her most betrayed her , striking her down and in her death the war waged on for years. it was only by a struck of luck that the removal of the elder caused such a division in the ranks that the seconds plan fell to pieces not too long after.

After she is brought back the elder quickly begins to realize the modern world is all that she hoped it would be as it seemed all the races were living peacefully, albeit there was the occasional skirmish but it was far from the genocide she’d grown up to combat many ages ago. Unfortunately it seemed this present needed protection. So the elder took it upon herself to keep the balance even if it meant her own coven seeking to return her to the grave so they might summon the true supporter of their cause, the elders right hand. The fight would be a difficult one as many she appealed to for help didn’t believe her, after all the historical texts labeled her a villain. Who would trust a villain and risk their life by their side ~

The person could be an old immortal familiar of the witch, a witch hunter , a human with magical blood, we can discuss details. In any case i’m flexible on working from this concept of a misunderstood ancient witch trying to do good while everyone believes she’s bad news and shouldn’t have been resurrected in the first place.
tumblr_pr5t7bRoTB1uh7jb6o5_r1_500.gifv

Plot 4 - Winds from the West

The concept is as follows A queen who has seen her kingdom begin to fall apart because of the king she is forced to sit beside. Originally she was the royal and he was the noble but little by little he and his supporters stripped her of all the power she held and so eventually the kingdom she wanted to take shape was a far off dream and she didn't even have the power to protect her own subjects from their king.

Fearing in time the entire kingdom would fall into ruin and war she decided to invite trouble to her front door step. Believing any change would be better than the current future. Anonymously she began to send letters to the fallen son. A warlord mercenary who had amassed quite a force during his wanderings through the kingdoms. She relied on the rumors that he was an honest man , while harsh at times he was honorable and one of reason. The kind of person she thought could heal what was broken.

So the plot would either begin in the middle of the war / conflict / negotiations or it could be when the warlord has won the war and is walking into the castle to sit on the throne.

My idea was that the queen would reveal she was the spy/ correspondent and that her only request in exchange for aiding in overthrowing the king was to be able to leave the kingdom so she could pursue a more simple life elsewhere. As the throne has shown her how fickle it is.

As for why she isn't allowed to leave , we can go the route that the warlord sees her as a permanent threat, since she was able to help secure a quick surrender but could quickly rile up rebellion if she doesn't like what he does or he respects her thinks she's clever for having accomplished so much with so little power or really simplify it and do a corny love at first sight , she can't leave when they've just met and he's finally interested in someone and having a future beside waging war.

This plot can be tweaked quite a few different ways, this time her power isn’t brute force like the other plots but rather, her insight, intellect and political know how.
jXPKH_St0bQlMLN6aDnjPUkC6u2N4unf6lZ-K3oK615DisN3a432OCmvM1SrkLsAja7xwnN518dst5bH_tV7WA-1UPgWahPt2GHZndAno99PavH0gH6elFwvn7mrR89YfP405G08Tu4IuL4rMyMyveE

* message me if you like the concept of a strong female lead but didn't see a plot you like I'm still mulling over other ideas and just haven't posted the full plots just yet.

Last edited:
Plot 2 sounds like it can get very interesting, if you are still looking I would like to plot it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back