Leo Kingston

Malikai

What's The Story Mother?
Leo Kingston

"Being a hero is more difficult than it used to be.  You have to be a lot more conscious of what you're doing and saying at all times.  That's why I've taken to smiling through it all.  It makes everything a whole lot easier to deal with. "

Name: Leo Kingston

Hero Name: "How does Signal Shock sound?  I think it sounds okay..."

Appearance: 

80b449356d2c36c0d5fe038f7853cf45.jpg

Appearance: Leo is deceptive in how he looks.  At first sight one might guess that he doesn't have a lot of muscle mass, due to how tall and skinny he appears to be, however Leo is surprisingly well-toned.  The next thing that usually surprises people is how light his hair color is.  From far away, it looks as if Leo has pure white hair.  Of course, upon closer inspection, you can tell that his hair color is a light yellow color.  Leo likes to try and mix up what he wears on a daily basis, however he's a particular fan of his multicolored sweater.  Though that's for more personal reasons.  Leo also has two rings on each of his hands that used to be what controlled his powers when he was younger, however they've become far obsolete now.  Leo still has some light scarring from the incident that happened when he was a child.  He also bears the tattoo of the Ryu-Clan on his right arm, however it has been changed slightly to be a more peaceful dragon as is reminiscent of Ryuuga's teachings.

Race: Human, Caucasian

Height: 5,06"

Weight: 134 lbs.

Debut: Chapter 1

Personality:  Leo looks at the world with a lot of hope and optimism.  Even during some of the darkest times in his life he's been able to keep a smile on his face and say that it will get better.  This doesn't mean that he outright ignores the horrors that might be happening around him, as he's been noted to have shed tears due to what's happened more than a few times.  Of course he's always quick to cover these tears and fearful emotions with a smile after years of being trained not to show weakness by his mentor.  Leo likes to have fun where he can and this includes when he meets and talks to people.  Always trying his best to be as friendly as he can to them and help them out with whatever they might need.  This of course leads him into some dangerous situations as well, which is when he starts to get serious about his work.  Leo can go from fun and games to seriously competitive in a flash.  Whenever he gets in this competitive mode he becomes much more confident and brash with his thinking, thus leading to him being pushed into even worse situations.  Fortunately Leo has never found himself in a situation where he can't back up his words with his actions.  Leo is also quite loyal to the Heroes Association and helping people in general.  Put in his own terms,

"If I'm not helping others than I'm not living out my full potential."

Group: Heroes Association

Class: 

Rank: "Near... 7.  I think.  They kept praising me and it was hard to follow what they were quite saying."

Abilities:

Super Abilities: Leo's powers all stem off of one basic one that he's most proficient with.  The power of electricity isn't by any stretch of the imagination a rare power, it's the way that Leo is able to use his power that makes him as proficient as he is.  Leo has complete control over electricity and it's various functions.  To the point where he's still trying to figure out all that he can do with his power.  At the moment, the following is what he's found out he can accomplish:

• Basic Electric Attacks
  • Channeling Electricity
  • Moving Electricity
  • Electric Dive Bombs
  • "ELECTRIC UNLEASH!"
  • Riding on the Rails of an Electric Train
  • Tapping into Electrical Systems
  • Looking into the Electrical system and the living/nonliving beings connected with it.
  • And likely much more.

Of course this also means that he can use this same electricity power to be able to tap into other more complicated features.  These features include:

• Energy Field Creation - This essentially is similar to force fields and it leaves a lot that you can truly do.  There's the basic force-field functionality but then there's also more complicated maneuvers such as trapping explosions, cutting off air to fire, creating stronger shielding around skin, and much more that Leo has yet to find out about.
  • Nerve/Neural Impulse Control - Using electricity shocks throughout his system, Leo is able to massively impact the way his body's nerve system works.  This includes how much pain he can feel, increasing his senses, and even increasing his muscle density to make his hits hit even harder.  Of course these changes take a lot of focus to keep up, and Leo has only been able to keep up one of these for around ten minutes during an infamous battle against a Demon King.
  • EM Spectrum (Some) Control - Leo, with a lot of work and concentration, can tap into the EM Spectrum.  This allows for him to be able to control Radiation, Gamma, Radio, and many other types of rays to their different features.  This however does require quite a bit of concentration on Leo's part and he can never go big with this power.  For example, even though he can create radiation, he would never be able to create radiation on the level of several atomic bombs as he would likely die before he finished.  He could however load a room full of radiation or some smaller feat.

Physical Abilities: Physically speaking, Leo isn't too special.  He's got quite a bit of muscle on him, but not enough to rival bodybuilders.  He has a fair amount of endurance, but it isn't much compared to a professional runner.  Of course, this problem can be fixed with one of his powers above.

Special/Unique Abilites: Leo spent many years training under the arm of a former Ryu-Clan Lead Elder known as Ryuuga.  Ryuuga taught him in the ways of both the Ryu-Clan and also the special ways that Ryuuga had been teaching himself to fight as well.  This leads to Leo knowing a form of the Ryu-Clan fighting style 'Dragon Fist,' known instead as 'Dragon Soul.'

Dragon Soul has the ferocious combative style of 'Dragon Fist' but also features a variety of moves that require more concentration and calmness to perform.  This concentration is to build up the spirit or 'Soul' of the fighter to increase his or her attacks to become even more powerful.  Such as seen with a 'Soul' powered 'Dragon Fist' move below.  This is a fighting style that Leo doesn't use often, but he pulls out on occasional fights.  Leo also combines his electric powers into 'Dragon Soul' to power it up even more.  The big downside to using 'Dragon Soul' over 'Dragon Fist' is that 'Dragon Soul' requires more of a build up for some of the heavier hitting moves and could be bad to use against fast hitters.

4c581b9ee37d17526d2c9433c7c09acdc4106ff0_hq.gif

Partner(s): Leo's various encounters has led him to find friends with various people and animals.  At the moment, these are some of the closest partners he has:

il_570xN.42122660.jpg

Goliath - Goliath is a dog that Leo had found was being tested under a group of travelling criminals.  The criminals had given the dog enhanced hearing and a set of nasty metal teeth, and were constantly abusing the dog.  Leo was able to intervene and send the criminals to jail as well as make friends with Goliath during the process.  This led to him quickly adopting the Great Dane and keeping him around as a close friend.

spirit_fighter_by_laurabevon-d5i6ox9.jpg

Ryuuga - Ryuuga was Leo's mentor for several years and become an extremely important figure in his life.  Ryuuga was a former elder of the Ryu-Clan, but quit the group as he realized how the group had become much more barbaric then what the original intention was.  He went off and began to train four different pupils.  As of today, Leo has no idea where Ryuuga currently is.

DziewczynaAnime.jpg

Olivia - Olivia is Leo's neighbor across the hall.  She has a deep fascination for nature, and loves to care for Goliath when Leo has to go on missions.  Olivia has repeatedly shown signs of disinterest in Leo himself however and prefers to not be around him or anyone else if she can help it.

Backstory: Leo grew up in an average family household.  Truly they would have fit into what society considered a "Normal Family."  There was Leo's mom, Athena.  Leo's dad, Harry.  Along with Leo's two younger sisters, Serena and Ana.  Truly they were the envy of all their neighbors on the block.  Even as he grew up Leo knew how lucky he was to have such a happy family.  It's what allowed him to grow up with an ever present smile on his face.  In fact it was his parents themselves that encouraged that he show his smile all the time, as it managed to warm the heart of nearly everybody they met.  Leo didn't have any powers for years upon years.  That all changed when he was eight, and his school decided to take a field trip to the world's largest power reactor, 'The Kinwa Power Generator' about 20 miles out from City-22.

The-Great-Pyramid-A-Giant-Power-Plant-from-the-distant-past.png

"The Kinwa Power Generator"

'The Kinwa Power Generator' was unique in just how much power it actually channeled throughout the entire complex.  The record for the most power it had ever generated was during one night in which heavy experiments were conducted in City-22, causing 'The Kinwa Power Generator' to overclock at an astounding amount of 51,387 MW in under three hours.  Thus the field trip was about showcasing the sheer impressive architectural and engineering capabilities of the power plant.  At one point during the tour, the workers at the power plant were given clearance to showcase what happens when they overclock the power plant.  During this showcase they decided to test out the radioactive features that had been in development for quite some time.  Leo had decided to look for where there might be a restroom while the experiment was going on, and due to a large security error Leo found himself in the power plant's main generator.  The showcase was set to go and Leo was instantly taken over by the pulsing radioactive waves and electric shocks of an overclocking power plant.

It was a few seconds into the overclock before one worker noticed how there was somebody who had gotten stuck inside the power generators and he quickly told everyone to shut the showcase down.  Leo was rushed to the hospital featuring a nasty case of what was surprisingly only some second degree burns.  As he was taken in for treatment they quickly noticed how his body was reacting badly with the machinery in the hospital, and that was his first showcase of his move that would later call, "ELECTRIC UNLEASH!"  As he let out a giant wave of electric energy, shutting down the hospitals machinery for around five minutes.  

It was quickly realized how Leo was unstable with his powers and he would likely continue to be so.  His family was forced into giving Leo up to Heroes Association officials so they could take care of him in a secure area away from where he could hurt anyone.  This also meant that Leo had his name changed to what he uses now, (To this day he still hasn't found out his original name as the HA officials had gotten rid of it on accident) meaning that he wasn't able to find where his family had gone off to live.  Leo was still held under Heroes Association supervision for the next year, until a man known as Ryuuga came forth to train Leo's destructive power.

Ryuuga began the training process with Leo and three other pupils he had found while searching across the globe and began forming them into true heroes.  Ten years passed and Ryuuga's pupils had nearly reached the end of their training.  The two most notable were Leo and Percy.  Percy had the power of controlling air and wind and was a perfect combatant for Leo to face off against.  Just as their training was nearly done,

It's been redacted, can we not let anyone know of this?
Of course, such a tragic event must be hidden.

, Ryuuga gave Leo one last bit of advice, "Always use your power to protect others.  Fight for them and not to prove something to yourself."

Leo ultimately would forget these words except for the part about protecting others.  With this small piece of advice, he joined up with the Heroes Association in the hopes of being able to do some real good in the world.  It wasn't long before he rose through the ranks to A-Class thanks to his immense power and his training with Ryuuga.  As he continued to work with the Heroes Association he went on various missions and worked with all different kinds of heroes.  Making various friends as he went on his way.  On one mission he met Goliath, and on another he met his personal hero since he first got his powers, Shakkana "The Woman With The Electric Heart."  Leo would later get a job as a waiter to help pay for what his hero salary didn't give him as sadly the hero executives never raised his pay grade above a C-Class hero.  Leo would continue his adventures as a hero, and even through some of the darkest times.  What he didn't realize was that all it would take is one death to truly change the world...

Last edited by a moderator:
@Colleen McJavabean or @ChimpMan I'm going to be trying to revamp this character sheet,  simply because I feel itit's not descriptive enough.  I'll tag you once I've done so so that you can check it off again, but I just wanted to let you know.

Just so you know, I'm still not done as I plan to explain in much greater detail his powers and his history.  The only reason that it's so bare-bones is because I didn't feel like going into too much detail at first but now I think I have more patience for it.  It should be done sometime later tonight.

I love it. The level of detail that you give Leo is phenomenal. I apologize I didn't respond sooner. You'll see why in the OOC. Amazing work, like always. 

I love it. The level of detail that you give Leo is phenomenal. I apologize I didn't respond sooner. You'll see why in the OOC. Amazing work, like always. 

Thanks,  I'm glad I have a character that can be at a more even level with how much detail everyone else has.

I like it, a lot! Though one thing I'm confused on: Leo's name wasn't originally his name and Leo Kingston was a name given to him by the heroes association?

I like it, a lot! Though one thing I'm confused on: Leo's name wasn't originally his name and Leo Kingston was a name given to him by the heroes association?

Wow, I can't believe I never saw this.  Sorry for the REALLY late response, but yes.  The idea being that it would separate him further from his family, for motions that the Heroes Association would call forming somebody into more of a superhero.  After all, the best kind of superhero is the one with nothing to lose.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back