• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Legends of Nyrvasta [OPEN]

DVationz

Sleepless Gamer
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Legends of Nyrvasta
The Official Thread

"Kiana, where are we?"
"I'm not sure Kail. I don't recognize anything that could tell us where we are."
Two mages stood on a beach of ivory sand. Directly ahead of them was a dense forest. The sounds of the ocean lapping at the shore was peaceful, but the silence from the forest was eerie. The two mages exchanged glances before heading into the forest to investigate more. As they pushed their way through the underbrush the sound of the ocean waves dissipated, replaced by the disturbance of shrubs and grass they were walking on. "Do you feel that Kail?" Kiana stopped for a moment, "There's something radiating a large amount of arcane power ahead of us. It could explain why the forest seems empty." Kail nodded in understanding and slowly unsheathed the sword that clung to his side. Carefully the pair moved through more underbrush until coming to a clearing. The outer edges of the clearing was empty and in the center stood a stone structure with a large glowing crystal. Kail put his sword away and the pair walked up to the strange structure. "What is it Kiana?"
"Some sort of font... it seems to be drawing in the magic around us and focusing it into this crystal. What it does after that I'm not quite sure..." Kiana removed one of her gloves and held it up toward the crystal. "Let's find out what this does in full."

While Kiana analyzed the crystal, Kail had gathered firewood and started a small fire. While he waited he took the time to make the pair a small meal of fresh ocean fish and some of the provisions from the ship. Kiana joined him shortly after the food was done, taking her share of food and sitting down beside Kail. "So, what's that thing do?"
"It's a magic battery. It stores magic that it draws in that can then be used in the surrounding area for... well, whatever magical purpose you give the stored magic. That's not all though, from what I could gather, I think this is just a fragment."
Kail gave her a curious glance, "A fragment?"
"Yeah. It's a small piece of a bigger crystal. As to how it fragmented, where the other fragments may be, or anything else about it, I don't know."
"Huh... so does that mean-"
"Yeah. We've discovered a foreign land. It's time for us to head home and prepare for a bigger expedition."
"Finally! I've been getting bored of all these historical expeditions turning up with nothing."
"I know how you feel. I've been itching for a new mystery."

3 weeks later...

"Hey, look guys, the guild masters are back!" A crowd of mages looked to the entrance of the guild hall to see Kiana and Kail walk through. They all started to cheer to which Kiana silenced them.
"Everyone, we've got some great news. My brother and I found us an expedition."
One of the mages spoke up, "So what's the historical artifact we're looking at now?"
Kiana smiled, "We aren't looking at an artifact. We're looking at an entire foreign land." The quiet murmurs between the guild members were brief as Kiana continued. "We found a magic crystal that acts like a battery, what's more is that it's only a fragment. Meaning there are more as well as a mystery to uncover. We're going to launch a large scale expedition to explore the uncharted land and discover all there is to be found. Which means it's time to recruit some outside help. I'll be speaking with a few of the other guilds to see if we can get some easy help that way, but I want to recruit freelancers as well. If we're lucky they'll even join the guild. We've got quite a bit of work ahead of us as the Moon Rose guild so let's get to work!" The crowd cheered once more as an adventure was about to unfold.

In this rp there will be two roles, each of which brings something to the table. There will be the MCs, being the mages who will do the majority of adventuring, and the supporting characters who will provide some diversity to the game through pm collaboration with me to add ideas into the story. I will be accepting up to six mage characters and up to seven supporting characters. However, I will be starting the rp when the six mages have been recruited.

At the moment I don't have a cs, so please be patient with me there, but I have some guidelines in regards to character concepts. Firstly, as should be standard knowledge, god-modding and "over powered" abilities will not be allowed. I'm willing to compromise with tweaks, but if a solution can't be found you either scrap that ability or you won't be accepted. Secondly characters will be accepted based on two factors, the more important one being quality writing. I want to give everyone a fair chance to make a character so do your best when you think about what you want your character to be.

Q: What are things to think about for our characters now without a CS?
A: You can decide on a few things. Are you a new recruit to the Moon Rose guild? What kind of magic do you use (assuming you're a mage)? What theme will your character give off? Any type of magic will be allowed, but keep in mind that your abilities should be within that theme.

Q: What kinds of supporting roles are there?
A: Like I said, supporting roles will be doing some collaboration work with me as the time comes. Your role can range anywhere from being a smith of some sort, a researcher, or a non-mage adventurer. Mages are powerful, but even they get tired after so much spell casting and fighting.

If you have any further questions or you are interested, feel free to let me know and ask. I'm more than open to suggestions and questions.

Accepted Mages: [Limit of 6 slots currently.]
1.) Laeretia Balsalor Dovinique Dovinique
2.) Clara Maylene Xcelgamer Xcelgamer
3.) Avar Wintersun dae mec dae mec
4.) Ve'emet Ka Vells _Line 213 _Line 213
5.) Sarai saturn x sin saturn x sin
6.) Adonis Fann twotonedsaint twotonedsaint

Accepted Supporter Characters: [Currently No Limit]
1.) Minerva Smith BasilOwO BasilOwO

Last edited:
Possibly interested! ^^

Also, I got a slight hint of Xayah and Rakan cinematic vibes from that intro lol.

So I mentioned both in the introduction skit as well as one of the questions that there will be more guilds than the Moon Rose guild. So if you're inclined to join as one of those various guilds' members allow me to tell you their names and a brief description of what they excel in...

Moon Rose Guild: A guild that welcomes mages of all sorts. Although their focus is primarily on ancient history and mysterious phenomenon, they're willing to tackle any kind of job with some exceptions. The co-founders and leaders of Moon Rose are the twin siblings Kiana and Kail.

Iron Wolf Guild: A guild full of battle hardened mages and warriors alike. Many of their members have fought in conflicts around the nation and are no strangers to combat. They pride themselves on their undying will to live for the next battle. Their leader is Kargras, an older man who was once a famous battle mage.

Dragon Hoard Guild: A guild of merchants and treasure hunters. Although they may not be as skilled in combat as the other guilds, they're easily the richest. Their members have keen eyes for valuables and a knack for problem solving. Their leader is Ashryn, a woman who's wealth is as questionable as her age.

These three are the major guilds involved in the expedition. If you'd like to be part of a different guild you're more than welcome. All I ask is that you give a brief description of what they do and who their leader is like I've done above. No assassin's guilds though, assassins don't organize in a publicly recognized group. In additon we're going for an anime feel here, so lets see those beautiful faces of your characters!
Dovinique Dovinique BasilOwO BasilOwO Zariel Zariel Xcelgamer Xcelgamer twotonedsaint twotonedsaint

• Name:
    Title:
    Nickname:
    Affiliation: (Are you part of a guild? Are you a freelancer?)
    Weight:
    Hair Color:
    Eye Color:
    Magic Focus:

Physical Description:

Skills/Talents: (These are not your magical abilities. These are skills such as tracking, cooking, medicine, etc.)
    Weapon of Choice: (Mages in this world aren't helpless stick holding children. Most mages travel on their own unless they're part of a guild and thus know how to fight with actual weapons.)
    Magical Arts: (Up to a max of 10 unless you've talked to me about an idea. You'll get more later.)

Background:

Code:
    Name:
    Title:
    Nickname:
    Affiliation: (Are you part of a guild? Are you a freelancer?)
    Weight:
    Hair Color:
    Eye Color:
    Magic Focus:

Physical Description:

Skills/Talents: (These are not your magical abilities. These are skills such as tracking, cooking, medicine, etc.)
    Weapon of Choice: (Mages in this world aren't helpless stick holding children. Most mages travel on their own unless they're part of a guild and thus know how to fight with actual weapons.)
    Magical Arts: (Up to a max of 10 unless you've talked to me about an idea. You'll get more later.)

Background:

Last edited:

• Kiana.jpg
    Kiana Erwynn
    The Shadow Trickster

Basic Information
    Affiliation: Leader of the Moon Rose Guild
    Height: 172.72 cm || 5'8"
    Weight: 79.8 kg || 176 lbs
    Hair Color: Brown
    Eye Color: Brown
    Magic Focus: Shadow Magic
    Advanced Information
    Physical Description: Kiana has a small and lithe frame, allowing her to dodge and weave around enemy attacks as well as squeeze into smaller spaces. Her long robes and baggy clothing make it easy for her to move and are more breathable. She has her left arm wrapped up in bandages at all times, though it is unknown as to why. She simply had it wrapped after an expedition and has kept it so since. Although her hair covers one eye, she has no issues seeing and this look makes her popular among many of her guild members and the public.

Skills/Talents
    Researcher - Kiana is curious at heart and as such has become an excellent researcher in the fields that pique her interest. She has an easier time discovering ancient relics and deciphering old or unknown scripts. In fact, this is how she learned shadow magic.

Night Owl - Kiana gets absorbed in her work often times staying up well into the night. She doesn't grow tired until much later in the night and can get much more accomplished.

Quick Thinker - Delving into old ruins and forgotten places often hold danger just as old and forgotten. You've got to be quick to react to dangers and Kiana has learned just that.

Field Medic - Although she's not a true medic, she knows enough of the trade to treat simple wounds and to slow down more severe injuries. You should probably still see a trained medic however.

Weapon of Choice: Dagger
    Spells

Magical Arts
    • Shadow Mimic - Conjuring up shadows, Kiana makes an identical copy of herself. This copy cannot interact with anything physically, however it will cast the same spell as Kiana so long as it has not been destoryed. These spells are weaker than the original casting from Kiana herself. In addition Kiana can use this mimic in tandem with her Shifting Shadows spell by swapping places with her mimic.
    • Hate Spikes - Using her own shadow as an origin point, Kiana sends waves of shadowy spikes from the ground to rapidly strike targets in front of her. The spikes continue even if they hit a target until they've reached a max distance of 10m away from her.
    • Shifting Shadows - This spell requires Kiana to have a Shadow Mimic to be currently active in order to cast it. When using this spell Kiana trades places with her mimic almost instantly. By doing this she can avoid dangerous situations or sneakily approach enemies that would otherwise detect her.
    • Puppet Master - Using her own shadow as an origin point, Kiana reaches forth and grabs the shadow of an enemy. Upon grasping their shadow, she can control them like a puppet doing whatever she commands them. However, this spell renders Kiana immobile and unable to cast any of her other spells. In addition she cannot force her enemy to cast their own spells, assuming they can cast spells. If there is no light to cast shadows, this spell is useless.
    • One With Darkness - Focusing the magic within her body, Kiana can melt into the darkness around her. She is unable to do anything within this state until she returns to a physical form. While she is in the shadows she is undetectable and can move anywhere the shadows touch, resurfacing at any of these points.
    • Dark Visions - Using one of her Shadow Bolts Kiana can afflict an enemy with blindness. This blindness is not normal however, as the afflicted will see the world differently. It will seem to them as if they were in a nightmare in which their friends are now foes. Stronger willed enemies can see through this spell craft however and will break free from it. Those who do not attack their allies.
    • Shadow Bolts - Kiana conjures upwards of 12 projectiles that originate from her shadow. These projectiles fly outward from her position and towards up to three targets of her choice. Targets hit by these shadow bolts can subsequently be afflicted by her Dark Binding spell. The more of the individual projectiles that hit a single target, the longer the binding will last, maxing at around four seconds.
    • Dark Binding - Kiana focuses a large projectile in front of her, sending it forth after a few moments. If an enemy is struck with this projectile they are immediately immobilized for six seconds. This projectile is slow moving and easy to dodge if noticed in time.
    • Curse of Shadow - To be revealed.
    • Maiden of the Shadow - To be revealed.
    History
    Ever since she was young Kiana had been facinated with stories from the past. Hearing the legends of the world and the rumors of power long since lost excited her. As she grew older her fascination with these tales became obsession. She sought to discover the truth behind the legends and uncover lost knowledge. Together with her brother she trained to become a mage and go on adventures in search of the history she so longed to uncover. When they had become full fledged mages Kiana had discovered an old temple secluded in the mountains near their home. Together Kiana and Kail explored its depths. Although they didn't find any real threats, Kiana had found something that piqued her interest. Old scripts that took her some time to translate. Ignoring the warning the scripts spoke of, she delved further into the temple and found a curious scroll. Upon first glance it was completely illegible, she had never seen characters like the ones upon the page. However, after some time staring at the paper it all became clear.

Immediately, as if clearly understanding the forgotten scroll was a trigger, immense magical energy consumed her. The overload of magic sent her body into pain so great that she should have passed out. She screamed, wishing for the pain to end and when it ceased she knew she had done something she couldn't undo. The scroll was legible now, as if she had always known the language written upon it. At first she couldn't tell what was wrong. She hadn't been maimed, nothing came out to attack her, and she could still sense the magic flowing within her. She looked herself over and immediately noticed along the entirety of her left arm were black tattoos of rune marks. Although she couldn't quite decipher their exact meanings, she knew it had to do with whatever just happened to her. She attempted to conjure up a fire to light up more of the area with no avail. Perplexed she tried again and again she failed. She had trained in the art of fire magic, yet she couldn't cast the most basic of fire spells. She focused upon the magic flowing in her and realized it wasn't the same flow she had before. Whether her newfound power was a dangerous blessing or a curse yet to be realized was a mystery, but there was nothing more she could do about it now.

Last edited:
Laeretia-Balsalor.jpg

Laeretia-Balsalor-Name.png

"Don't you dare giving up on me, we're gonna live for another day."

• Name
    Title
    Nickname

Affiliation

Weight
    Hair Color

Eye Color
    Magic Focus

Laeretia Balsalor
    The Snowlight
    Tia
    Iron Wolf Guild
    163 cm - 5'4''
    55 kg - 121 lbs
    Dark Golden Brown
    Chestnut Brown
    Holy

Last edited:
Just real quick, I’m new to RPN and I don’t exactly know how to work code, mind filling me in on that please?

Cara Maylene
The Starry Knight

images - 2020-08-12T100641.411.jpeg
"...Let me guess, Kail got injured again?"

• Nickname: Lucky
    Affiliation: Treasurer for the Moon Rose Guild
    Height: 6'2" | | 192 cm
    Weight: 200 lbs | | 90.7 kg
    Hair Color: Blonde
    Eye Color: Green
    Magic Focus: Zodiac

Attachments

• images - 2020-08-11T165043.825.jpeg
    images - 2020-08-11T165043.825.jpeg
    58.2 KB · Views: 1
Just real quick, I’m new to RPN and I don’t exactly know how to work code, mind filling me in on that please?
as Dovinique Dovinique said you can do it manually and the cs skeleton is simply the info you need. However if you want to add any code I suggest going to the BBCode Center for the basics. I don't use the advanced stuff since they reworked the coding cause I'm a dumb coder baby lol

Dovinique Dovinique I love your character and the story you've written for her. Very well crafted and accepted.
Xcelgamer Xcelgamer Loving the twist of being a child of a different guild's members. Can't wait to see what ideas you've got for the other zodiac signs too, accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back