• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ♞Legends of Leohain♞ (Medieval High Fantasy - Main - CLOSED)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Untitled1_20210222124306.png
Interacting with TheCrowKing TheCrowKing and sraes sraes
The tiefling girl's eyes started to glimmer with excitement at the healer elf's promise of magical discussion later. And they were another pyromancer to boot! Even if it wasn't their main subject of study, the thought of getting into lengthy discussions and lesson tickled her fancy greatly. "I'll hold you to that!" she beamed.

She could hardly believe she was hearing the words and tone spewing from her suddenly cold and harsh brother. With a firm heel stomp to his toes, she reprimanded him again, hushed enough that it wasn't easily overheard but still loud enough to tell that she was raising her voice in protest, "Anziium Petrichoras! Have you not an ounce of tact in that nutrition-deprived, bookworm-infested skull of yours!! Is that any way to talk to an ally, let alone a potential friend?!"

Turning back to Helewys who was altogether seeming to keep composure rather well, she apologized profusely. "I am SO sorry, dear Hel. Please forgive my brother's rudeness, he seems to be in a rather cranky mood at the moment -- I'm sure he meant no offense to you or your profession! You absolutely do not have to answer anything that makes you uncomfortable!" Creaking her neck back toward her petulant sibling, she gave him a tense, shadow-cast smile that he would know all too well meant that her fuse was lit. "Isn't that right, Anzi?"

'I swear to the fires of the hells below, if he blows our chances of making allies here, he's going to wake tomorrow to his posterior doing an impression of my cooking,' she screamed internally.

🔱 Helewys deGrey 🔱
Interacting with: TheCrowKing TheCrowKing Caligena Caligena Open
"Now Fara, there's no need to apologize for your brother. I'm sure he said exactly what he intended to say." Helewys waved away the woman's words, a polite smile on their face that was a stark contrast to the glare that had never left Anziium. Nudging their plate out of the way - no longer feeling particularly hungry - they leaned forward and assumed a mocking mimicry of Anziium's pose. Chin on steepled hands. "I had wanted to wait until everyone could be present so it wouldn't have to be repeated over and over but if you are that desperate to know I guess I won't - how'd you put it? - 'selfishly keep the information to myself.'"

Focusing on the man in front of them, they let his callous words stoke the flames of their annoyance to banish the shadows that loomed at the edges of the memory. Anger was easier to deal with than despair.

"There were twenty or so of us that ran when we heard that the battle mages were being rounded up and killed - about a dozen of which were magic users, mostly healers from the Center like myself. The rest were those of their families that could be found in time: spouses, siblings, parents. Children. One or two split off to go elsewhere but the rest of us had no where safe to hide so we headed in this direction; there had been some rumors that this was where Shatter Roar and Lady Thelind had fled and it seemed as likely a place as any to find refuge. We were too slow, though." They gave a shrug as if to say 'what can you do?', loosening the tension in their shoulders. "The people that rose us down where all mounted, heavily armed. We outnumbered them two-to-one but it did us little good after having fled on foot for several days with little food and even less rest - although, to be fair, even fully rested I doubt we would have fared well against them. They slaughtered the whole group, mage or not, with only a few casualties."

"And if I appear well, that is only due to luck and the sacrifice of one of the 'lowly' healers I was traveling with. Otherwise I'd be just as dead as all the others." They added, a trace of the sharp anger they felt finally breaking through the cold recitation at the last.

Last edited:
ROTORMUTH. -- interacting with @____
✯ ⇨ the gator was unsure how to deal with all that had been shared. With the knowledge of the hounds and the new kennelmaster, all Rotormuth could do was think. His thoughts followed him to breakfast, where his stomach grumbled rather loudly. Embarrassed, the gatorfolk put his hand against his scaled stomach, though clothed, and turned his snout downwards. Last he needed was attention drawn to him. He heaved a sigh and sat down, scooting up onto the seat from his stumpy legs. Rototmuth's long tail curled around the feet of the chair. He noticed the spark of light and smiled, just slightly, and turned his muzzle back down towards the table. Man, he was starving.

BASITE. -- interacting with @____
♔ ⇨ Basite had caught the very ends of the meeting, hearing about the kennelmaster and the demonstration. He huffed through his nose and followed the group, lagging a bit behind as to not get in the way. He would hate to get bumped into. He crossed his arms as he plotted behind, brows tensed in a brooding expression, dark eyes following the silhouettes of everyone as they disappeared into the dining hall(?). He ducked his head into the doorframe, finding enough room to settle in. He headed over to a more spacey room and sat on his romp, deciding to brood there and think over today. The thought of the kennelmaster and the dogs. He knew that had bad news scribbled all over it. Sending a spy, he had overheard in passing conversation, was a bad idea, too. Not that Basite had the best of ideas.

♔ ⇨ The thought of his herd came to the forefront of his mind. He shook his head to try to will the thought away--he was no longer a part of a herd. He was a loner. An outcast. A monster, and that's how he would always remain. He was nothing more, nothing less.

♔ ⇨ The brightness of a light came into view and, much like a horse, he spooked, stumbling back a moment and rearing, hitting his head off the ceiling before dropping. He covered his head and immediately turned to leave, narrowly missing the albino tiefling who was too preoccupied with their cat to notice the spooked and rather fucking embarrassed centaur fleeing.

VESANIA. -- interacting with @____
✟ ⇨ Waking up in a cold sweat, the albino shot up in his bed. He was sure he was late for something, but that thing never came to mind quite yet. He heard his cat purring, and slowly Ves relaxed, a pale tattooed hand combing through her soft fur. Stretching out, Twinkie chirped up at him before curling back up, pulling her face under her paws. The tiefling chuckled and leaned down to give her a small smooch before he sat back up and swung his feet over the side of his bed. Upon feeling the cold floor, the albino's feet shot back up and his surroundings suddenly came to him.

✟ ⇨ He was not at home.

✟ ⇨ Where he was, he did not know, but panic set in. He stood up despite the blood rush dropping to his toes and the woozy feeling he gained. He marched for the door despite the fact that his limbs felt heavy. Tired. He stumbled and put his hand on the wall to recuperate before he shook his head and let himself settle down. He remembered where he was. Umbra Keep. He was safe. He had Twinkie, he was safe. Ves ran a hand through his hair and turned his attention to the tray that was set just inside his door. Water and clothes. Scoffing, Ves tossed the shirt and pants over his shoulder and grabbed the water, drinking it down like he had not had a single droplet of water his whole life. He might not have from where he grew up.

✟ ⇨ The albino returned to his bed, tempted to curl back up, but instead he slowly picked up Twinkie and held her like a child in his arms, then headed out of the room, cautiously glancing down the hall. "Hello?" He called out.

✟ ⇨ Deciding to investigate the sounds of people talking, the albino tiefling noticed a bright light and a few loud voices. He grumbled to himself, looking down at his cat, whom was purring away in his arms, kneading at his tattooed flesh. He smiled and gave her another kiss and headed into the room. "Mornin' everyone!" He greeted.

Last edited:

♞Robert, Great hall, Silvyr Sleipnir Sleipnir

Silvyr stood by patiently as Robert groped for words, still and attentive with soft blue eyes. Do you believe dreams sometimes have meanings, Silvyr? Those were his lord's words. He looked away, jaw set, and considered this for several moments. One hundred little moments from his life rolled through his mind as he considered those words: Moments in battle, moments at home. He recalled scenes of war, standing tall and proud with sword and shield in hand. He recalled dry grass on fire. He recalled lifting his sword and cutting through the very flames, and how the edge of his blade seemed to hold the blaze upon it, and fighting with it. "I don't see why not," he replied thoughtfully. "Among us stand all kinds of warriors wielding all kinds of magic. Who's to say a dream couldn't hold significance? ...What have you seen?"

Robert was relieved, somewhat, that his friend had not dismissed him. "...I have many strange dreams, but... Before all of this, I dreamed I was standing in a field. Around me were four brothers, an auroch, a hound, a snake, and a gryphon." He nodded to the three banners which hung over the doors that lead from the great hall. They were adorned with the black bull of Thoigard on the right, the golden snake of Saphia on the left, and between them the white dog of Anan. But no banner held a Gryphon. "The first three were easy enough to decipher, I'm afraid I know of no family that has a gryphon on their banner... I... Believe it could have been an omen. The dogs mouth dripped with foam, sickness. I felt as though they want something of me but I don't know what." The frustration in his quiet voice was evident, "But perhaps it was just a dream and I'm looking too deeply into it... I am not magically gifted like my sister or mother, I'm barely fit to rule. Perhaps the gods made a mistake... Sent the dreams to the wrong head."

Anziium
Interacting: Caligena Caligena sraes sraes
Mentioning: infectedmouth infectedmouth

Enough was enough.

Immediately rounding on her the very moment her heel connected with his toes, Anzi’s unamused frown upturned in a tight-lipped smile, his extended canines threatening to poke through as he spoke. “I do believe both of us are very much so aware that I am by far more confident in my words between us. What comes from my mouth is what I fully intended to be spoken, so don’t get yourself caught up on your assumptions that I’m demented.” At the current given moment, he cared very little if anyone overheard him, it wasn’t any of their business anyway. “Instead of stuffing my gullet with cupcakes and focusing on delightful light shows, I’m actually furthering our knowledge on the common enemy through the relation of a first-hand experiencee. If the elf is that disturbed by answering a series of questions, perhaps they should remain as a mere guest of Umbra Keep, rather than an ally. Now, if you’d keep your bovine feet to yourself, then perhaps you’d absorb something through that thick skull of yours.”

Serrated tail lashing about his chair legs, the fed-up tiefling’s gaze shifted to rest upon the elf in question, turning irritable at the very obvious set-up of mimicry. If it was that important to share with the entirety of the Keep, then why not have conveyed such when the war room was amassed? Awaiting nothing short of a grand enlightenment, he rose a brow at the encounter.

"That's all there is to it, hm? Healers simply being cut down as they were, due to their lacking abilities. It doesn't seem much different than any other instance. No wonder you had little desire to share during the meeting, as there isn't much to your experience outside of basic slaughter; it wouldn't be much help outside of eerie storytelling." Not very surprised the tale had led to little to nothing towards their knowledge, he offered a sympathetic snort. "A pity though, that among all to survive such a massacre, it wasn't your senior. If anything, a senior healer would have been more useful to the cause than those below them. Yet, people tend to make rash decisions during the middle of combat, putting those above themselves despite little return in outcome in the long run.”

With a shake of his head, he rose from his seat, grasping Fara’s shoulder a bit tighter than he should have. Seeing as this breakfast, as well as this chat were absolutely pointless outside of childish chatter, he saw no such point in intermingling when he could be far more productive elsewhere. “You two enjoy your meal. And Fara-” He dipped his head closer to hers. “Mind having a plate for your brother why don’t you, seeing as I’m so nutrient-depraved and mad? I know you're quite skilled at stuffing food down your gullet, therefore, I’m certain you can handle it-” Gracing her shoulder with one final squeeze, he took his leave, rolling his bronze gaze as he found the exit, certainly paying no mind to the cheerful yet oddly-pigmented tiefling rolling in.

Jonako
Interacting: Open
The soft winds swirled about the inner folds of the forest, gently caressing the silken strands of grass that had yet to be claimed by humanity. The area was pure, radiating with health unlike the distant lands around them, choked in the blood of war. Birdsong echoed throughout the clusters of trees, sharp tunes varying among them, none like the last. One jay would start up his own tune, only to pass it down to a sparrow who would bestow it upon another, they relishing their peace and serenity. The air was rather pleasant, fresh flowers blooming in place of those withered by the previous winter. Bird song had returned, the once barren branches erupting in new growth; the forest was no longer dead and hollow. Game would be emerging from their dens, new life tailing behind them as they strode amongst the green undergrowth, blissfully unaware of society’s issues until the world’s most intelligent inhabitants brought war to their meadows and hills. Pity it would be, but for now, it was a place of splendor in these woods, a fine place to rest one’s soul.

A peculiar, black cat had thought so, at least. Paw pads torn from his travel, it was a relief to find a safe haven like this one, the other creatures growing a bit timid as he entered. Fearing for their own safety, the birds grew softer in their choruses, watching the stranger until he lifted his eyes to them. The feline was beyond the capability to hunt, flanks too thin as he wheezed from the effort of keeping himself moving. His singular, amber eye drew over the creatures, dipping his head before padding to a clod of deteriorating, fallen leaves beneath a maple. Ever so gently, the tom manipulated his body into a small ball, having nosed under a few leaves to keep off the slight chill. Yes, here was a nice place to rest, away from it all, only to start again tomorrow. Velveteen ears catching the songs around him as they grew again in volume, his eyes slipped shut in exhaustion.

It was not often the small cat would dream, but during this nap he just so happened to. Delighted with the distraction, he took in the landscape, it a breath of fresh air to be in somewhere new. Though it wasn’t real. Leaping upon a boulder to view the area, the feline suddenly froze, ears perking upright upon his skull. There was a noise, a familiar one that tugged at his pelt, driving him to set forth in a rapid pace, near darting towards it. Paws thudding the earth as he raced forward, the cat came to a sudden halt, presented with a gaping chasm. Head swiveling to locate the noise, the voice again, his eyes were drawn to the opposite side of the chasm to a figure. Though blurred, the figure was easily recognizable. Judging the chasm’s expanse, the cat had no way to reach the receding figure. It was here the dream faded to black, an inky darkness that eventually came to an end with a cold plop of water.

Removing his head from his curled-up side, the black tom’s mistmatched orbs flicking around his unfamiliar surroundings, ears lying flat against his head as dew from the taller grasses dripped upon him. Ah, that was right, he had rest for the night after having been interested in this location. Despite the thick cluster of forest that surrounded him, there was a most obvious hub of magic within the area, he almost certain it to be located with the stone fortress just over the hill. Lifting a swollen paw, he drew his sandpaper tongue across himself so that he might wash the water free from his coat before heading that way. While the individual he sought most likely wasn’t within the fortress’s walls, there was a high chance there were people there that might aid him. And so, he went, traversing the distance between him and Umbra Keep.
Unwilling to fully expose himself, the familiar kept to its furry form, stalking the exterior of the Keep. His assumption was correct, the magic held within its confines prickling his itchy skin the closer he got. Not yet committed to enter the facility, he circled the structure, hunting for any signs of life from the ground windows. It wasn’t until a bright flicker of light exploding behind one set of windows caught his attention did he dare to edge closer. Drawn towards the strange light that emitted from what would be the dining hall, the tom leapt upon the sill, either forepaw touching the cool surface to observe the interior’s occupants.

Interacting with TheCrowKing TheCrowKing and sraes sraes
Retrospectively, she couldn't say she should have expected anything different, but for some reason Anzi's backlash cut her to her core. Fara suddenly felt as if she was in the midst of a hurricane of overwhelm-ment in a flash, tripping and stumbling over her words, "I-...! Wh-! B-b-..." She couldn't even finish an entire sentence, the poor girl was so flustered at his retort. The pink of her face flushing a much deeper shade of red, partially out of anger and indignity, but more so of hurt and shock. Shirking back in her seat, she piped down considerably, her spirits seeming to have been dashed like a kitten caught in the splash of a rain puddle caused by a passing carriage.

She remained still in her seat, brows sinking and turning up toward the middle. A frown tried it's best to stay from her lips but it eventually began to creep in little by little. Her food remained untouched as she looked into it guiltily. In that quick flash, that brief exchange of words carved into her perhaps deeper than he might have intended.

As her brother stood to take his leave and lean in to give some final words, her gaze couldn't meet his, instead focusing on the middle distance past his ear as he whispered his parting jab. With a swish of his bladed tail he crept away from the table, leaving Fara in her seat staring at the air he had just occupied. Tears began to well up in her eyes as her face scrunched downward into a furious frown. The shame of it all, to be humiliated in front of a new person, someone she had high hopes of befriending, to be scolded for what she thought was a called-for reprimand as if she was still a bratty child being told off by her father, and then of all things, to call out her out on her gluttony - it left her enflamed and simply aching with shame.

Just as a tear would have been about to escape her water eyes and roll down her cheek, it steamed away, she bringing a robe sleeve up to wipe away the residue. Turning her head away from her company so as to try and obscure it, she blinked furiously, facading a terse smile and her eyes fluttering upward in an eyeroll.

"A thousand pardons, Hel, I seem to have caught some soot in my eye from the spell, excuse me for just a moment-" she quickly bullshitted to cover for herself as she also stood from the table and headed off in the furthest direction from Anzi, heading toward the doors to the flower garden with a brusque determination to get away from the situation. Quickly searching for an isolated spot of solace, she spotted a statue in the corner that offered shade from the morning sun and obstruction from view on the side opposite the door. Walking over to that spot with a fervor, she ungracefully plopped herself down on the still dew-laiden grass behind the marble decoration piece. The grass underneath her and her rear gradually began to dry as the tiefling girl curled up into a ball, hugging her knees to her chest and cursing her brother quietly while staring teary daggers into the ground.

🔱 Helewys deGrey 🔱
Interacting with: TheCrowKing TheCrowKing Caligena Caligena Open​

"Lacking abilities?" Helewys straightened up indignantly at the slight against the healers, their glare darkening. There was certainly no longer any trace of politeness to their expression as they stared Anziium down, only a smoldering anger. "Just because there were no battle mages present doesn't mean that we were lacking anything other than weapons and the opportunity to use them; our abilities had little to do with it." They bit out. "I apologize that the soldiers didn't drop their battle plans at my feet before retreating but some knowledge is better than nothing - I don't see you contributing anything other than a bad attitude so far so I don't see what you have to complain about."

Any other retort was cut off, however, by his next remark.

It wasn't as if that very thought that someone else surviving would have been more useful hadn't occurred to them several times in the last week but to hear it spoken aloud by a perfect stranger? Absolutely infuriating.

Mouth snapping closed at the callous dismissal, it was only the thought of how they would appear to Lady Thelind and Shatter Roar that let Helewys hold onto their restraint by the chipped edges of their fingernails and not dump a platter of eggs directly over Anziium's head. It was a hard won fight, though, and by the time they'd unclenched their jaw enough to speak again he was already out of his seat and leaving as if he thought that they were just going to sit back and let his remarks go. Especially when, as much as she tried to hide it, Fara was looking hurt and on the verge of tears at whatever he'd said to her before flouncing off.

"No, I'm sorry for upsetting your brother so much." They weren't, but they were displeased that it had affected Fara when she'd obviously been in such a happy mood just before. "I'll be sure to talk to you later when we've more time." They assured her, waiting until she'd taken her leave before grabbing a handful of dried fruits from the table, stashing them away for later, and making their own way out of the dining hall with a distracted nod to everyone remaining behind. Their appetite was well and truly ruined but they would need the energy regardless if they were to finish healing themself later. Or they would make good projectiles to throw at Anziium's head - either way.

Tracking him down was luckily only a matter of asking a nearby servant where he'd headed and then they were on their way to the stables, the metaphorical stormcloud around them only growing with every step they took.

"What in the name of the gods is your problem?" They all but growled, throwing the stable doors open with far more force than is necessary even as their eyes scanned through the darkened interior of the stables for the source of their ire.

Last edited:
Seia sighed and closed her eyes for a minute, then just nodded. "Yes. Fine," she told him, somewhat begrudgingly. "I'll teach you. But if you open your mouth about this again, I'm stopping. No second chances, alright? You can't talk. We can't afford that." She turned away from him then, still looking over her shoulder at Krow. "Anyway... we'd best get to the others before they get suspicious."

"All we can determine," Silvyr began quickly, "Is that these dreams were sent to your head, Robert. I used to think I was some mistake or joke myself -- and yet it was the very things I thought cruel which delivered me safely back to your side. Give it time, and see what comes of it." Silvyr wouldn't pretend he had the authority to interpret dreams. He most certainly didn't. What he did know was that the imagery was unsettling. "...I'd keep it in mind, but I believe I can be of no help just yet."

♞Robert, Great hall, Silvyr Sleipnir Sleipnir Jonako TheCrowKing TheCrowKing
Robert nodded, "Half of me hopes you're wrong, but there is a part of me that knows it's just... So blatantly obvious. There's no running from it." His attention was caught by the commotion down the table, despite Faralynn leaving quietly he could still sense the hurt that Anziium had caused, he frowned, wondering if he ought to go to her. "...I do hope our little rebellion doesn't fall apart before we get started."
There was anger and tension too, but it slipped out of the hall with Helewys and Anziium. Robert sighed, eyes wandering to one of the windows, where an inky shadow was peering in "...It seems we have a visitor." Robert watched, for a moment before standing. Cats were not an uncommon sight around the keep, there were several he knew of that wandered the halls keeping the rodents at bay, but this cat was new. He didn't leave the table without an offering, a small piece of egg from his barely touched breakfast. The little lord eased up to the window, careful not to startle the cat, he pushed open one panel of the window. "Here kitty, I wont hurt you, would you like to come inside?"

♞Shatter Roar/Thelind, Great hall♞
Shatter roar was about to get to his feet when he overheard Anzi and Fara's exchange, but Thelind placed a hand on his arm, and gave him a stern look.
"We can't have in-fighting, not now."
"They are siblings, siblings fight. They will be okay..."
The lionfolk huffed, "If he's trouble I cannot guarantee I'll be able to refrain from giving him a thump on the head... Though the way Helewys followed him out I don't think I'll need to..."

Jonako
Interacting: Hawke. Hawke.

There were several parts to the familiar’s visual inspection of those seated at the dining table from his position in the window sill. The initial was quite simple, although the most heartbreaking, given the one individual he was searching for wasn’t seated amongst them. A soft, defeated sigh would escape his furry chest at such disappointment, paws sliding down and off the glass panel. To say he was upset was an understatement, but he had to remind himself it wasn’t a complete loss. The demonstration of magic amongst so many would have to indicate such individuals weren’t in favor of delivering mage’s heads to King Kester. And that meant there was a possibility they could be allies. With such realization, the feline settled himself down entirely upon the sill so the sun’s rays might warm his ragged pelt during his observation.

Of course, he managed to view the little spat that had went down on the far end of the table, he lazily flicking his tail in amusement as the bulky lionfolk’s temper flared; Funny how so many catfolk had that in common. As for the elf, he had interacted with quite a bit before. The tieflings were something a bit more rare, at least in his experience, but none of them appeared particularly pleasant. As for the reptilian folk...the race appeared to be….interesting; something he wasn't used to. The handful of humans he wasn’t much worried about either, they simple creatures really, they just occasionally get spooked and attack what they don’t understand. Therefore, he wouldn’t have much paid them any mind, not until an approaching figure cut through his line of vision.

Instantly drawing his feet from under himself, the cat eyed Robert heavily, he not having paid much attention to him before now. Tail coiled tightly around his paws, Jonako’s uneven gaze lingered over the young lord’s face for a few moments before dipping towards the piece of an egg. There was a brief pause where he mulled over his decision, ultimately raising and extending a paw towards him in exchange and remaining such way. His fur wasn’t bristled, he wasn’t baring fang, simply waiting there, paw outstretched.

Last edited:
Krow SkaldMentions: Sleipnir Sleipnir (seia) Those in the dining hall (briefly)
Krow swallowed thickly but nodded. He couldn't mess this up, he needed to learn necromancy - even if Seia terrified him. He then hesitantly followed after her into the dining hall, feathers still ruffled and tail flicking uneasily. Upon entering, he glanced around, seemed like a commotion had just wrapped up? Does he dare ask what was going on?
Probably best not to.
He took a seat, and started serving himself, then tucked into it quietly. He was still obviously uneasy, even as he ate. At least he was no longer falling asleep.

L7Yw0rE.png
Silent QuillMentions: Hawke. Hawke. (thelind, Shatter Roar) Those in the dining hall
(got ooc acceptance for this charrie)
During all the commotion in the dining hall, a new person entered unnoticed and approached Thelind and Shatter Roar. "Sorry I'm late, I was... preoccupied. Did I miss anything important in the meeting this morning? I see we've got a lot of... Interesting refugees here."
He then took a seat next to Thelind, pulling down the hood hiding his face.

Anziium
Interacting: sraes sraes

A brief hesitation on his part had led to him doubling-back down the corridor until he found the nearest door that would lead to the exterior of the Keep. Frankly, he had little to no desire to sit in the foreign bedroom, twiddling his thumbs amongst his stacks of notes in wait for another call to gather. He’d much rather gain as much distance between himself and the other guests for now, do something to blow off the steam that had built up from his nerve-grating sister and that useless elf.

Where she thinks it’s her duty to chastise me constantly is beyond me. She acts as though I’m a bratty child needing special attention to behave appropriately amongst guests. I was perfectly fine before she had to interfere, pushing. All she is is a sibling, nothing more; one of several at that. And even then, what significance does that title hold to me? Sister is nothing more than a word to me. With nothing tied to it, what does it matter? She’s no different than everyone else here, a stranger I feel nothing towards.

His own feet had managed to guide him towards the occupied stables he had first viewed upon their initial arrival. Given he had spent the last two or so months at a near stranger’s home, the sights and sounds had a bit of familiarity to it, so perhaps that’s why he sought it out. With the only other options being to return to the table and apologize or spend his hours reading meaningless texts, he chose to gingerly enter the stables. Softly shutting the door behind him, Anziium idly made his way through the central aisle, glancing about the variety of mounts until he came to his own. Funny how he felt more towards Soot than any of his family members. Probably due to the fact she doesn’t push unlike some people. A faint frown downturned his lips at such a thought, he turning to carry himself towards the stable’s storage in search of grooming supplies. He had come out here to forget about that little spat afterall, forget about Fara for a little bit.

In the few moments before the door burst inwards, Anziium had shed a few layers of his more drooping garments, securely placing them on pegs above the muck. While it might have been a good idea, his lengthy hair still hung past his waist as he poked around the array of supplies. There were a handful that he had deemed what he was searching for, but those spilled from his hands as Helewys made their entry.

“Fuck.” The tiefling muttered, kneeling to scoop up the tools one by one, his features curling into disgust the moment he recognized their voice. “What the hell do you want? I’m in no mood to converse with you further-”

fi0UxYA.jpg
The road to Thoigard wasn’t as pleasant as the Noble assumed it was going to be. There was rain, so much of it that the horses struggled to trudge through the mud, and to make matters worse, there was barely any light even though it should have been an ample amount. The grip on her reins tightened, her nails digging into her skin. Her stallion was beginning to grow tired, and with the stronghold a good ways off, she’d have to take a break somewhere unless the road grew solid further ahead. With a soft heave, the hooded figure signaled for her mount to press on, through the trees.

As the pounding of hooves beat against the soft ground, the rain began to pour even harder, as if warning her not to press on. Lightening roared, the darkness around her consuming both creatures as something tackled the maiden to the ground. With a grunt, she pushed her stallion to safety, pivoting her center of gravity to land on her feet. ‘Youve got to be kidding me.’ In front of her laid another hooded figure, perhaps bandits? There was only one, and she wasn't carrying anything of value. The figure lunged at her again, attempting to nick her side with his bladed weapon. As the maiden side stepped out of his range, the rest of his entourage emerged from the trees. A battle commenced, the female being able to do so much before growing tired of their games. With a raised hand, the alchemist summoned her glyphs, casting forth a large silver pole that stuck itself into the ground. As if on cue, thunder seared through the silver, cracking the ground below them, setting fire to the flora around her, and emitting a loud explosion far off from the stronghold. Blood splattered across the alchemist, to her dismay.

Quickly, before other creatures came, Adelaide mounted her steed with a swift motion, her companion dashing across the land as fast as possible. ‘Ugh...my clothes.’ After nearly an hour of horseback riding, the Noble arrived at the strong hold. Luckily, the path cleared the moment she left the edge of forest, a blessing on her part truly. Panting, the soaked figure moved her mount closer to one of the men at the stables who was busy with his tools. Without hearing what the previous person had said, she slid off her steed, Adelaide didn't even have time to open her mouth to request his help when he spoke first.

“What the hell do you want? I'm in no mood to converse with you further-”

She...didnt need this right now. Perhaps he would be better later. Shaking her head disappointedly as she led her stallion to a different stable, allowing him to settle in and rest for the rest of the day. Her horse stuck its head in the pile of food available, obviously famished and in need of recovery. Her mood was already sour, especially with what happened back at the woods, and now with this idiot a few stalls over. Adelaide decided that she also needed to take a nap and perhaps shower, but most definitely needed to fill her empty stomach. The maiden began to make her way to the stronghold, hoping the stable boy would at least attempt to apologize to whoever he was talking to. His directed anger could be felt from where she stood, but it wasnt her problem. Food, just food. She needed sustenance.

Interacting With: No One

Last edited:
🔱 Helewys deGrey 🔱
Interacting with: Anziium TheCrowKing TheCrowKing
Although the interior of the stables were relatively dark compared to the cloudy sunlight outside, Helewys' eyes quickly adjusted as the clattering of tools falling to the ground a few stalls into the building drew their attention. A familiar mare peered over at them from nearby - perhaps wondering why her new elf friend had suddenly appeared, or just curious why they no longer smelled like blood as she'd become used to - but Helewys paid the horse no mind. They had something else to deal with right then.

And that "something else's" mood didn't seem to have improved whatsoever after storming away from the dining hall if his dismissal was anything to go by. Well good, neither had theirs.

"Is that so?" They asked with a calm demeanor letting the stable door fall closed behind them, cutting off the faint morning sun backlighting them and keeping them somewhat obscured. With the dimmer light returned it was obvious to see that, despite the calmness of their voice, they were pissed - their golden eyes flashing with the temper that they'd tamped down earlier in the dining hall as they spotted the irate tielfing. "Well it's just too bad that I don't give a damn about what you're in the mood for, then, isn't it?" Striding forward with barely restrained tension, they ignored the richly dressed woman walking past in the opposite direction - another new face amongst a sea of them that morning - too focused to note more than that she was moving under her own power despite the blood on her and thus didn't need their immediately attention. Stopping nearly toe to toe with Anziium, they drew up to their full height and looked down at him with a glare. "You and I need to have a talk."

"I'd ask if you parents didn't raise you well, but obviously you sister is polite enough so it can't be that." They immediately began wanting to give him no time to interrupt and, although they had no true desire to step into whatever family squabble Anziium and Fara were having, they couldn't help the thick coating of disapproval their words took on at the end when they remembered the barely disguised pain on Fara's face before she'd run off. Whatever the issue was hurting your family that way seemed callous. "So I have to reiterate, what is you fucking problem? Because in case you don't remember we are all here to fight a common enemy and yet all you seem interested in doing is being an unmitigated bastard for no discernible reason."

Reaching out without thinking, they poked a finger against his chest to emphasize the sharp words with a sharper jab.

Last edited:
♞Robert, Great hall, interacting with Jonako @TheCrowKing♞
Robert tilted his head to the side, a bit like a curious bird."Oh? you shake?" he set the small offering of egg down near Jonako, taking his small paw gently in a hand. "You must be someone's pet, if you're so well trained." Able to get a better look at him now, Robert noticed the cats ragged appearance and frowned. If he was a pet, he had been lost a very long time or his owners did not take very good care of him. "You poor thing, are you a refugee too?" Robert gently scratched between the cats ears, "Perhaps your family isn't far, we have quite a few refugees here, come on, you can come inside. Perhaps our vet will see you, too." He stepped aside a bit to allow the cat the opportunity to come in.
The great hall was not nearly as illuminated now, as Fara had left the area and most of the lights had fizzled out, the remaining ones seemed to flicker a bit sadly as if reflecting their creators mood. But the fireplace offered enough light to see, and it was warm, dry, and inviting compared to the cool, crisp air of Icewane.

Most of the servants had dispersed by now, moving onto other chores as breakfast began to wind down, save for a few badger and mousefolk bustling around, dodging the feet and hooves of larger creatures as they cleared unwanted plates and wiped down unoccupied places at the table. Golden light began to filter in through the windows, casting light on the many rather dusty tapestries that lined the walls of the great hall. They depicted great battles, legends, and the founding of house Warren.

Tarquin (Human guard), Stables/Great Hall Entrance, interacting with Adelaide ThisAsian ThisAsian
Tarquin stood at attention just outside of the hall, he was a young and scruffy thing. Barely a man but too old to be considered a boy anymore. Compared to the other guards who simply leaned at their posts, barely paying attention or even sleeping he was very enthusiastic and eager to please, especially so because today was his first day on the job. And he got a little excited when he saw Adelaide. "Halt! who goes there! state your business." He puffed up his chest and strutted forward like a very proud rooster trying to show off how big he was. Though Tarquin was not big, he was very small and not at all intimidating. Fake it til you make it, right?
Adelaide could have pushed him over just by breathing his direction, "What business do you- uh- What do you want, woman?"
He didn't hear it, but the other guards snickered mocked him quietly.

♞Thelind/Shatter Roar, Great Hall, interacting with Quill DovahBeat DovahBeat

"Don't worry, you didn't miss too much." Thelind assured the young catfolk. "Though that information you gave us was very helpful, well done."

Shatter Roar however, squinted at Quill, "Busy, were you? I wonder with what young Silent Quill could have been busy with..." He leaned forward across the table a bit, resting his chin on a paw. His tone was chiding, but not angry at Quill. If anything he seemed amused at him.
"That's enough now, Shatter Roar." Thelind said, placing a hand on Quills shoulder. "I'm sure our friend has only been doing his job, right, dear?"
She knew of course that Quill's stealing was not something he could really help, it was compulsive and she had given up trying to help him break the habit. It was just something that could not be undone. "Why dont you take that hood off? You are among friends here."

♞Creature, stables/inner courtyard, Basite infectedmouth infectedmouth
Overgrown claws clicked against the cobbles as a slender, dark form slipped through the gate. At first, it was only to escape the fury of a guard and to perhaps find a safe place to rest. But that was interrupted when his ears began to ring, a maddening, awful noise that made him rub and scratch at his face. He knew that noise, he knew it, he knew it, He knew it. He needed to kill, he had to kill the source of the noise to make the noise stop, to end his suffering. He shook his head and bared his teeth in an ugly snarl. He slipped behind a stack of crates, scanning the courtyard for the source of the awful, horrid noise but it seemed to come from everywhere!

TAGS: Caligena Caligena Hawke. Hawke.
MENTIONS: Faralynn, Creature

VES - BASITE

Ves had taken a seat by the time Fara had left, and he was reaching for some breakfast when Twinkie wiggled out of his arms. The tiefling made a noise of displeasure when she managed to slip through and took a run for it for the door, squeezing past someone's feet. Groaning, Ves rose to his feet and gave chase, complaining about not being able to eat, and how fast she was moving. Twinkie occasionally stopped at doors to sniff, but as soon as Ves got close, went running again. He was nearly out of breath.

"For a fat cat," Ves huffed, "you sure do move fast."

Twinkie spared a glance back at the albino before resuming to move quickly. She pawed at a door, and Ves hesitated and went to pick her up to bring her back, but she swiped at the door again and looked up at him, pleading. Confused, Ves let her out, and she continued on her trek, this time through a garden. Much more confusing for the albino, considering his bad eyesight and the fact that she nearly blend in with the bright colours. He instead decided to attempt to listen for rustling and any other noises she may make when he heard sniffling.

"Twinkie?" He hissed, as if trying not to be heard - which was a very, very rare occurrence. "Twinkie!"

The cat chirped before going silent, having found Faralynn. She rubbed up against the tiefling's side and purred, finding one of her hands to lightly bat at. She meowed until she got attention. Ves stumbled in, finding Twinkie and sighing in relief. He muttered to her about having to try to find her, and her running off from him, when he stopped mid-sentence upon seeing the crying being. The albino stopped in his tracks before clearing his throat.

"I can, uh, I can leave, if- if you want- um." He bounced on the balls of his feet.

---

Basite continued his fast pace, not noticing the cat running underneath him and he nearly tramping it, with an albino chasing after. He pushed out to the inner courtyard, slowing to a stop and stomping his hooves, tensing and untensing his hands. He needed to get a hold of himself. This was not the Outlands anymore, things were going to happen and things were going to spook him. He paced in a circle, grabbing his hair and running his fingers through it, trying to relax.

It was then the centaur heard clicking, and he stopped, perking up to listen. "Hello?" He spoke quietly.

code by low fidelity.

L7Yw0rE.png
Silent QuillMentions: Hawke. Hawke. (Shatter, Thelind)
Quill subtly tensed as Shatter Roar all but called him out on his thievery. He should've known better than to allude to such things to them, considering how often they've worked together.
"That is my business and my business alone, if you don't mind me being so blunt, Shatter Roar." He tried to cover for himself, voice coming out confident to those around and unfamiliar with the bipedal feline, but had the slightest nervous waiver one could pick up if they knew him.
Then Thelind reminded him that he could take off his hood, which was probably a good idea if he didn't want to arouse suspicion from the residing Lord. If he appeared as a friend, he'd be less likely a suspect for theft.
"Right, thank you, Thelind." and with that he pulled off his hood, revealing nicked ears and a bit of a cowlick on the top of his head from the slightly longer patch of fur there.

(Krow is OFI if Seia is done with him :>)

Anziium
Interacting: sraes sraes

Anziium had yet to cast even a brief glance Helewys’s way, focusing much more on picking bits of hay from between the bristles of the brushes that had slipped from his grasp. While it had became obvious he had issues playing nice with others, he at the very least had respect for not damaging property. And thus, he was ensuring each tool was in top shape despite his inability to keep them from hitting the floor. Careful to gather each and return them to their proper place -as it was obvious he wasn’t about to do what he came for-, the tiefling finally turned to eye up his approacher. To say he had figured they’d remain in the Keep would most definitely be a lie; he had tread upon someone that had a bit more grit to them than he had figured. And he was about to learn how he had been sorely mistaken.

Unlike Helewys, his eyes no longer burned with the same hateful intensity, something more along the lines of absolute exhaustion. What harsh words came from their mouth didn’t bother them in the slightest, he finally coming to face the elf entirely, not that it mattered much; Helewys hadn’t come to have a conversation, but inform him of his foul behavior, just as Fara had.

Good to know. He thought briefly, rolling his bronze orbs once before they settled for taking inventory of the variety of mounts that rest in the stable, essentially tuning out the mage entirely. At the very least, until the sharp jab of a finger found its way against his chest. If he had been paying any attention to their rant, he might have seen it coming, but alas, he didn’t.

A viscous recoil sent the tiefling a half foot or so back into the storage supply, pinpricks of disgust traveling across his body from the site of the contact. His horrified expression lasted a beat, two, maybe three before he harshly cracked a slap across Helewys’s hand. If the elf wanted his attention, they had certainly grabbed it, full-force. “Touch me again! Touch me again and you’ll have something more to cry about besides hurt feelings!” It was an instant flick of a switch, Anziium’s attitude and hateful self returning just as easily as it appeared.

“Listen here you damn Knife-Ear, what issues lie between Fara and I are none of your or anyone else’s concern! If you came here to tread into business that doesn’t involve you, you’ve come barking up the wrong tree. Or what-- Is it to make me take back what I said about your feeble group of healers?!” He spat out a humorless laugh before glaring at them with a disgusted sneer. “What are you good for? What about you is above and beyond that of a more experienced healer? Where does the common sense that experience is leagues above youth go over your head; what doesn’t make sense? You know I'm right.” A visible shaking, whether it be from rage or other issues have taken hold his form at this point, yet he just couldn’t keep that damn mouth shut.

“How disappointed your friend must have been when they realized they made a mistake that wasn’t worth their own life-”

Jonako
Interacting: Hawke. Hawke.

As Robert took hold of the tiny limb extended his way, the ragged feline’s intelligent eyes surveyed his face, searching for any indicator of cruel intent. Given that he hadn’t ended the fire mage on the spot and he’d actively attempted to feed him, the cat hadn’t much seen him as a threat at that point. The scratching atop his filthy head was certainly overkill.

Rather pleased with his own assessment of the redheaded individual, the tom offered a faint rumble of appreciation as he soaked up the gentle brushing of his fingers. Standing from his previously sitting position, he dipped his head to lick up the tidbit of egg before coming over to paw at Robert with a slightly mischievous glimmer in his eyes.

One second the young lord was staring at the raggedy excuse of a cat on the window sill, the next he was fumbling up to perch upon his shoulder. No claws sheathed themselves within his flesh, neatly tucked away as not to harm him. As he came to sit, his light weight was little to no burden upon his shoulders as the tom chirped at him, almost as if to say he was fine with being brought inside.

Interacting with: Ves infectedmouth infectedmouth

Fara's gentle sobs had gradually faded to little more than residual sniffling and wiping the leftover tears off with the sleeve of her robe. It was a shame she had gone through the trouble of making herself look presentable this morning, because the rouge concealer she had applied to her cheeks to hide her blemishes and freckles had all been washed away by tears, and then further wiped from face to sleeve to the damp greenery next to her. Her legs splayed into a crisscross seating now, she idly plucked at individual strands of grass, splitting them with her nails and peeling them to keep her hands busy - when a small and fluffy creature came prancing up to her.

The unexpected sight of such a delightful looking friend at such a moment snapped her out of her sulking stupor for a moment, only to stare and utter a single word.
"-Cat."

They chirped in response as if to affirm her suspicions. They were indeed, a cat. Said friend-shaped tabby began to clawlessly bat at the shreds of grass that dangled from her pinched fingertips, and she happily obliged and sprinkled them softly through the air. The feline hopped on hind legs and swatted the floral confetti, bringing an adoring smile to the seated tiefling's face. Sliding her knees back up, she hugged the bottom of her robe's skirt to the underside of the arch of her thigh. Resting the side of her face on her knee to happily gaze at the critter, she offered a hand which Twinkie gleefully and poignantly rubbed her face against.

Fara was in the middle of scritching the backside of the tubby cat when the lanky albino who had rounded the corner of the statue finally spoke up, startling her. She had been so caught up in playing with the animal that she hadn't even noticed the approach.
"O-oh! No no, you're fine, I'm not doing anything of importance..." she stammered, quickly withdrawing her hand to Twinkie's chagrin, who had decidedly not finished receiving attention yet. After a few heartbeats, she continued, "Truth be told, I would appreciate the company, if you're offering."

Absently complying Twinkies pleading demands again, she stared at the cat in particular, marveling her coat with a soft smile that then turned upward to her new company with a squint against the rising sun. "Are they yours? This cat, I mean. They're terribly friendly."

🔱 Helewys deGrey 🔱
Interacting with: Anziium TheCrowKing TheCrowKing
Eyes narrowed, more and more frustration poured into Helewys' voice as it became very obvious that Anziium wasn't even bothering to listen to them. They'd seen more than enough people staring through them as if they didn't exist to recognize the look and it set their teeth on edge. Perhaps it shouldn't have been so surprising given his utter lack of manners earlier but it still irked them to their core - what they were saying was important if they were going to work together damn it all - and their words ended on a near growl of anger. It wasn't their words or their tone that finally got the tiefling's attention, however, but the irritated stab of their finger.

Though they couldn't have said why the jab - meant to be more annoying than painful - would have sent him jumping back as if they'd shoved a hot iron poker against his skin.

For a brief instant the look on his face froze them in place with their outstretched hand still hanging in midair where it had made brief contact with him, a touch of worry breaking through the haze of their anger. Then their hand and inhibitions were both slapped viciously aside as Anziium broke loose of whatever thought had caught him in its grip, vitriol practically pouring from him as he sliced open damn near every sensitive point Helewys had in the backlash.

"How disappointed your friend must have been when they realized they made a mistake that wasn’t worth their own life-”
They saw red: any misgivings they might have held now well and truly gone, they stopped holding back.

Grabbing a fistful of his shirt they kept him from moving long enough to slam a fist directly into his face, following the momentum to slam him back against the nearest stall door with enough force to send the horse inside spooking back away from them with a shrill whinny. Practically nose to nose with him they hissed, "I'm getting damned tired of you sharpening your tongue on people you don't know the first thing about you ill tempered piece of shit. They're all dead and all you can do is bitch about me not being up to your oh-so important standards? As if your opinion of me matters?" Derisive, they looked down at him with a sneer every bit as disgusted as the one he'd given them. "You ask what I'm good for? I'm good for keeping people alive - I may not have been a senior healer but I am damned good at my job. What are you good for other than alienating everyone around you, leaving your own sister in tears as you run away to hide?"

"If you are going to act like a petulant child maybe you should have just stayed at home."

♞ Creature, stables/inner courtyard, Basite infectedmouth infectedmouth infectedmouth infectedmouth

A low, rumbling growl sounded from behind the crates, the horse man was in the way! He snarled, creeping forward. The dog was thin, with thin wiry fur that was mottled grey-brown. It was a strange and ugly looking creature compared to many of the strays that wandered the hold and the surrounding villages. He stalked towards Basite with wild eyes and a snarling mouth that dripped with foam. This was no stray looking to get a scrap from the centaur.

Robert, great hall, interacting with Jonako TheCrowKing TheCrowKing

"Oh-" Robert hadn't expected the cat to jump onto his shoulder, "Well, I suppose this is alright." The young lord didn't seem to be worried about getting any sort of disease from the mangy looking cat, although perhaps he should. He was too kindly to leave such a poor animal outside like that. He moved to the table then, careful not to let the cat fall. "You're safe here, and among friends." Robert promised the cat as he took his seat again, as if he thought that he could understand what he was saying. 'A silly notion' Robert thought, there was no way that the cat understood him.

♞ Thelind/Shatter, interacting with Quill DovahBeat DovahBeat

"Well, that's good. It would be impolite of you to steal from our new friends." Thelind said, she noticed that Quill was tense. "Shatter Roar was only prodding you, son. You needn't worry, we know you'd never steal from refugees, right?" Thelind knew that she would likely be asking the young catfolk to empty his pockets later, but most of the refugees had very little, so perhaps he would be less inclined to steal.

TAGS: Caligena Caligena Hawke. Hawke.
MENTIONS: Faralynn + Creature

VESANIA + BASITE

Twinkie bat at Fara's hands and purred, rubbing up against her fingers as she scratched and pet her. She enjoyed this attention, even if she got loads of it from who owner, who had just noticed the sun and moved to the shade. He didn't care much about his body, but he sure cared about not getting burnt or worse...even though he never wore long shirts or actively attempted to protect his fragile skin. Twinkie flopped down on the ground and stretched out, purring even louder and meowing for Fara to keep petting her.

"I- oh, yes. Yeah, she's mine. She just decided to leap out of my arms, had to chase her down, I-" he huffed, slightly leaning down to put his hands on his knees before he decided to sit down finally. "I'd love to hang out. Needed to talk to someone, especially after waking up in a uh..... what'cha call this? A stronghold? Keep? Castle? One of 'em fancy words. I'm Vesania, Ves for short, and her name," he pointed a tattooed hand to the cat, "is Twinkie."

He stretched his legs out and leaned back, putting pressure on his hands as he enjoyed the garden's quiet for a moment before he broke it yet again. "Sorry, ah, what's your name again?"

--

Basite slowed to a stop, tail flicking quickly as he glanced around. He uncomfortably shifted his hooves, hands coming up to his chest to play with the loose strings as concern and fear began to set in. He would like to be anywhere but here at the moment. The centaur turned in a slow circle, unknowingly putting his hind towards the creature stalking him. "Hello?" He called again, waiting for someone to reply. "This isn't fuckin' funny, you best show yourself."

Silvyr watched in mild amusement and definite endearment as Robert approached the cat and proceeded to feed it, interact with it -- even let it climb upon his shoulders. Indeed, these were the things that Silvyr was so fond of regarding his lord. He said nothing until Robert returned, though, and then offered the cat a gentle scratch under the chin. "Still good with cats, I see," he noted with a fond, teasing tone. "Good. I'd be worried were you not."

Seia too re-entered the room, but she seemed mostly uninterested in the hostility. She only glanced across the scene and made herself a plate of food to tuck into. It was excellent -- she'd have to give her regards to the cooking staff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back