• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ♞Legends of Leohain♞ (Medieval High Fantasy - Main - CLOSED)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
:bishiesparklesl: Faralynn - interacting with TheCrowKing TheCrowKing and open :bishiesparklesr:

Snug in her bed, gleaning softly, Fara stirred at the faint knocking of a handmaiden at her chamber door but was eager to dismiss it as she fell back into slumber, curling the blankets tighter around herself as the chill of the early morning Icewane air nipped at her skin. Her hair stuck out of the top of her bundle of linens and furs like some kind of ridiculous flame lit on a lumpy candle. She had always hated the early morning, they reminded her of the smell of manure when she'd have to go out and start her morning chores on the farm, chief amongst them milking Lechette, the family cow.

She had been privileged enough to this point to never have to rough it in the wilds if she didn't want to - every so often the family would go on camping trips - but these past couple days of travelling far away from home and sleeping in a pup-tent she and her brother had brought along, had... taken their toll on her rest, to say the least. When they finally made it in safe to the Umbra Keep the night before last, Fara made sure to try her hardest to catch up on all the lost hours of sleep.

Sleep that her brother made well and sure to very rudely interrupt. The harsh jostling jolted the girl awake in a flurry of panic and blankets. She tried to turn away and roll over away from her assailant toward the wall, murmuring blearily and trying to shut her eyes again.
"Buzz off, Anzi, I'm tiiireeddddd-"

About this time was when the torrent of now less-than-room-temperature water poured onto her face, interrupting her whining and sending her into a state of shock. Had he seriously just done that?! The thunk of the bowl dropping with a clunk against her skull after the last droplet had spilt was what really sent her into a frenzy, though.

"ANZIIUM, YOU PUTRID EXCUSE OF A HORSE'S BACKSIDE, I'M GOING TO FLAY AND SALT YOU ALIVE, SO HELP ME ANCESTORS--" Fara shrieked at him, a flare of heat blasted from her, causing her doused hair and sheets to begin to literally steam with rage. She bolted upright in the bed, grabbing the bowl and hurling it blindly at him, her hair still plastered to her face from the involuntary washing. Furiously wiping the hair and sleep out of her eyes as the bowl clanked harmless to the floor after impacting the wall near Anzi, she fumed as he explained briefly what was going on and then extricated himself from the room before she could retaliate any further.

Now thoroughly in the most foul of moods, she irritably whipped the covers off her and swung her legs over the edge to get up and angrily do her daily routine of taming her mess of hair and making herself look decent. After double checking to make sure everything was proper in its place and taking a moment to compose herself, she made her own way to the war room, all the while plotting her sadistic revenge on that ass hat. Giving a tentative greeting curtsy to the monolith of a centaur standing post outside the door, she squeaked her way inside and inconspicuously took the open seat immediately next to her brother, giving him a cold, deathly sidelong glance as she rested her weight in the chair. Even as infuriated with him as she was, at least he had saved her a spot, which she noted were not in great supply anymore as the others present had all arrived considerably before her. She made sure to take a good look at all those present, taking note of their appearance and demeanor, but not engaging with any of them yet unless they did so first.

Noticing the cupcakes and seeing that many other were already enjoying some, she grabbed one herself, biting into it. Her eyes widened at the decadent taste, and she swiped a second one to enjoy later in meeting, still having not finished the first. She didn't seem to take any particular shame in this, though, as she leaned toward her brother and hushedly whisper to him, wiping away a smear of frosting from the corner of her mouth.
"What all did I miss so far?"

Silvyr at first made no move, except letting Robert lift his chin and, subsequently, meeting his eye. "And I you, my lord," he told him earnestly, throwing his arms around him when Robert pulled him into a hug. After a few long moments, he took a breath and pulled away. "...But we've more pressing matters to attend to. Lives hang in the balance, and it's our duty to protect them, is it not? We can have tearful reunions later." He gave Robert a warm smile and a nod. "Let us see to our brave companions now! We mustn't continue to impede such an important meeting."

Seia, meanwhile, turned her head at Krow's violent reaction, leaning back in her chair after grabbing a roll of bread. "Oh, enough of that, now," she told him at his stammering. Her expression shifted some at his mention of necromancy, though, and she sat up, then leaned forward on the table. She tossed her dark eyes across the room, looking for an indication that others might have heard him. The lady looked rather suspicious. She frowned and shifted back around to look at Krow. "Hey, keep your voice down, yeah?" she said quietly. "Don't... do that. Don't talk like that in front of people. Necromancy, that sort of stuff isn't table talk, you hear? Keep that to yourself. Someone'll have your head for it if you aren't careful."

With the lack of contribution towards the boisterous conversation slewn around the table, one might think the tiefling to be deaf or otherwise touched in the head. Conversations took place all around, but rather than toss himself into a cluster of strangers to converse, he’d rather sit and people-watch; it was far easier observing people to learn about them, rather than approach. At least, in his mind it was. Thus, he spent much of his time doing such, flicking a dry eye over the various flavors of individuals here.

Around the point of Fara’s arrival, he ultimately tuned out the surrounding chaos, giving up upon the endeavor. Grey cheek resting upon his palm, he stared rather blankly at a wall past one of the other individuals upon the far side of the table as he awaited the start up of this meeting. It mayhaps come across as a death glare to those unaware of his RBF, but he couldn’t quite help that.

“You look right as rain this morning.” He murmured under breath, not so much bothering to redirect his glazed expression to his surely irked sister. Frankly, he was a bit surprised she didn’t full out cause her own little scene as she joined them. Instead of instigating such a bother, he rolled his eyes, recounting what he’d witnessed. “Outside of a fae falling upon their ass, the silver-haired woman speaking to herself, and the...what I suppose to be a reunion of a lost lover of Lord Robert’s? Nothing too specific, I’m afraid.”

Krow, still petrified, just nodded his head. He swallowed thickly and stood up, looking around nervously. He hadn't meant to say that much, it just kind of slipped out. Hopefully, no one would make much of it. Krow picked up his chair and sat back down, trying to pretend that his feathers weren't visibly ruffled and that he hadn't just messed up. Or the fact that there's no other places to sit so he had to sit next to a girl that he definitely feared.
Now that the little scene between Lord Robert and Silvyr had wrapped up along with his own, Krow cleared his throat to gain the attention of the others.
"Now that we're all here how about we get this meeting underway?"

Interacting: Sleipnir Sleipnir everyone, open

Interacting with: DovahBeat DovahBeat

Moz was silent most of the time, listening and eating all the food he stuff in his mouth until he saw the whole confrontation with Krow and the Silvyr. Moz almost choked from trying to laugh with his mouth full. But luckily he swallowed it.

Moz chuckled and nudged on Krows shoulder, "Today ain't your lucky day, ain't it?"

What Fara found useful of the information he’d provided was up to her, entirely so, considering he found its usefulness slim to none. Quite honestly, maybe he had pushed for their arrival a bit too early, as casual conversation carried on. Frowning a bit to himself about such, and the realization that maybe he had gone a bit overboard in the means of waking his sister when there wasn’t much point in hurrying to be early, Anziium exhaled a soft, pent up huff. Well, they were most certainly off to a great start.

“Make certain you don’t stuff too many of those down your gullet, there might be others wishing to have some.” He’d murmur her way before ultimately standing from his seating. If it would be some time before they truly began the meeting, he wouldn’t mind stepping away to freshen up, a headache already brewing behind his eye. “I’ll return soon. Pay attention in case the meeting starts before I return.” If she were going to follow him into this mess, hopefully she could at least do that.

Deftly winding his way through the crowding of bodies, making most certain not to press up against anyone, the tiefling finally managed to work his way towards the exit to excuse himself. Gaze most generally resting below eye-level, he would come to the acknowledgement that the centaur had yet to find himself within the company of the others. His bronze gaze had caught sight of the massive hooves remaining within the doorway, only just now glancing upwards to truly look at their appearance. To say that they looked a bit of a mess was an understatement, their hair matted and beyond tangled, even their fetlocks a muddy disaster. For a centaur, that’s certainly…..a bit unheard of. He thought briefly, not fully aware that he was still staring at the man in question until, well, he did and very much so ashamedly quickened his pace down the hallway. The tiefling would make it several feet before he stopped himself, knowing that if he chose to walk away without an apology, it would come and bite him in the ass at a later date. And thus, he sheepishly made his way back to pardon himself for his oogling.

“Exscuse me….” He began, pausing only to move himself to stand in such a space that a hoof wouldn’t be meeting his sternum if all went poorly. “I...would like to apologize for my rude manners in terms of...staring. It wasn’t my intention to do such-” If the centaur hadn’t noticed his rude behavior moments ago, this was sure going to be far more awkward than it already was. “It was certainly rude of me, but….well...I couldn’t help but notice the state of yourself, the tangles and mud, I mean! I-uh...well, I was merely going to ask if you are wounded or something of the likes to not be able to tend to yourself. Surely, it's uncomfortable for you….?” And it was here he was going to most certainly die in an equine-related accident.

Interacting with: infectedmouth infectedmouth

Last edited:
Rotormuth. — interaction with Hawke. Hawke.

Warren’s?” Rotormuth spoke when he noticed Shatter Roar was looking at him. He hummed in amazement and ran a claw along a line, gentle not to scratch anything. “Is it carved or burned? How did you get it?” He asked, watching as Judy hopped off his hand.

She went to the line that the gator was tracing and began pecking at his claw, then found a slightly more interesting thing to peck at—a shaving of wood that was sticking out just a little too dangerously close to her owner’s index finger. When he realized what she was doing, Rotormuth shooed her from the spot and pulled her back towards his chest, quietly scolding her for possibly damaging the table. He put his other hand back to where it was, hand resting close to himself. Woodworking had always amazed the gator, and seeing a map, usually so intricately made on paper, etched into the wood, was amazing to him. He was stunned.

Rotormuth’s grandfather was into woodworking, and his wood shop was gifted down to his father—unfortunately the man never used it and left the shop to turn dusty and get filled with cobwebs. It sent shivers down Rotormuth’s spine now if he wanted to step foot in that shop. Instead, he decided to study the woodwork in his home from his grandpa. The necklace he kept in his bags was of his grandpa’s, too.

Or both,” he quietly came to a conclusion, finger pad running across the smoothness of a fire burner.

Basite — interaction with TheCrowKing TheCrowKing .

Basite had not noticed he was being stared at at first when he originally moved, until he glanced down to the one passing by. Then, he noticed, the being rush away, legs moving swiftly to avoid the centaur, most likely. It was fine, he figured, crossing his arms and stomping a back hoof; dried mud came off the hoof and fetlocks, landing on the pristine floor. He was used to being stared at—both for being such a massive centaur, and for his rather unlikely appearance. The centaurs he grew up with were very clean and tidy, always wearing some sort of garments and jewelry, their horse half ever so shiny and their hair always combed back into a ponytail or cut very short. His family in particular was very strict with how he and his siblings were to wear their hair.

But Basite was an outcast now, no longer cast in his herd’s specifics. He was a monster to them, and he was fine with that. He tensed his fists as he pulled his crossed arms away from each other, to his sides. As soon as those thoughts of what his herd had done, the Tiefling had returned to apologize. Or whatever it was they came back to do. Either way, the moment the being spoke to him, Basite felt his skin crawl and he rolled his eyes before he faced them, brows set and mouth straightened into a scowl. He inhaled slightly, grinding his teeth before he stopped.

I would like to apologize for my rude manners.

Basite had not heard that in a while, and he relaxed before stiffening again. Usually it lead into ”but,” and something insulting. Something that made Basite want to kick their stomach in and stomp them into the ground into paste. He crossed his arms again, glaring down at the tiefling as he heard them speak, explaining why they were sorry. And as he guessed, it lead into where he thought it was exactly going.

What’s it to you? Did not realize I was supposed to look posh and well-kept.” He grumbled, shuffling his stance and leaning on one side, as the hard surface was still messing with his hooves.

He couldn’t wait to be on grass again.

What in the nine hells are you doing? Why did you have to stop and escalate the situation when you could have just let it slide under the rug, never to be brought up again? He certainly should have, given the body language the centaur was presenting. Briefly finding it a smarter chose to curl his tail around his leg, far from range of the supposed ally, Anziium dipped his head to further prove he was here to apologize more than anything.

“It wasn’t any part of my intentions to deem how well-kept one’s appearance should be; it most certainly isn’t any business of mine. I was merely inquiring about your condition because I felt as though you might be uncomfortable and needing assistance.”

Being ever so perceptive of bodynature, he took note of the shuffling of the male before him. Now, while Anziium was lacking in the department of memories from his past, he could at least related this observation to something more recent. In the months he was recovering at his family home, physical labor was something that helped alleviate his mind of the trauma, something to do with his hands and zone out of his unhealthy mental state. With the Aravyre family’s income coming from the production and distribution of warhorses, there was more than enough work to occupy him.

Going out on a limb, he inclined his head towards the mud-caked hooves that danced uneasily across the hard flooring. “At the very least, your hooves are ailing you. Whether you are to admit that or not. Therefore, it isn’t farfetched that other discomforts might be troubling you.”

Krow shot Moz a glare and swatted him away from touching his shoulder.
"Don't touch me, and leave me alone. I don't need to hear it from you." He snapped before turning his glare towards the table.
He was not in the mood to be teased, especially about this particular subject. Might as well rub salt in the wound and remind him of his inability to fly.
"Can we just start the meeting now?"

Interacting with: Mep2Mep Mep2Mep , everyone, open

Moz chuckled at Krows little outburst, 'Your gonna be a fun one,' Moz thought to himself.
"Aight, you hear the man. Let the meeting start." Moz said.
Moz was more of a listener then a talker, maybe it has to do with being a spy and thief. But at some point, he might have to speak at the meeting at some point.
But right now, he's letting Krow do most of the talking probably tease him once or twice.

Interacting with: DovahBeat DovahBeat , open to anyone

:bishiesparklesl: Faralynn - interacting with TheCrowKing TheCrowKing and open :bishiesparklesr:

Fara offered nothing but a scathing huff and eyeroll for Anzi's comment about rain, the on-the-nose word play of it certainly not lost on her. As for the retaliation of his heinous sin, he may have been anticipating, maybe even bracing for, and that was precisely why she would hold off on exacting it. The best revenge was one unexpected, after all, so no, she'd safely bank that away for another time. The briefing however, caused her to raise an eyebrow, casting a glance out of the corner of her eye at the faeling in question, followed by a return to neutral as her eyes whipped to the one with the silver hair, and finally her face scrunching up in a subtle mix of confusion and awkward discomfort at the supposed lover's reunion. It wasn't that she necessarily had a problem with it, it was more that the prose and flourish of it all seemed perhaps a bit distasteful to be so open and flamboyant about it all, given the current reasons they were all there.

Shrinking back into her seat at her brother's comment concerning the cupcakes, she took another, now ashamed bite, with a bit of a frown pressing down the corners of her mouth in a pout. She knew there would be others that wanted some which is why she took the second - so that she wouldn't have to tread on toes later just to have another bite when there were less available - they were delicious after all.

She looked up at the unicorn-ed man as he rose from his seat, tossing a hearty eyeroll his way. "All that fuss and we aren't even starting yet..." she whined quietly to herself, hoping he wasn't completely out of earshot yet as he took his leave. "But fine, I'll keep my ears tuned, just don't take ages," she hissed. Sulking a bit more about the words her sibling left her with, she popped the rest of the first baked good into her mouth and folded her arms, scanning the room at the rest of those her brother hadn't mentioned yet.

♞Robert - War Room - interacting with Silvyr Sleipnir Sleipnir
Robert pulled himself away from Silvyr, albeit a bit reluctantly. "Yes, of course," He said, clearing his throat and standing, "This was a bit tone deaf, I should have had more self control."
He then returned to his seat next to Sybella, his face a bit flushed. This was not appropriate behavior for a lord, was it? what would his father have said to him? 'nothing, he would have turned a blind eye' Robert thought.
His father was a kind, loving man who wanted nothing more than for his children to flourish and be happy. But he was also a lord, with lordly things to do, and he rarely got to spend time with them. But what Robert wouldn't give to have him there, to offer some sort of wisdom for him. At these thoughts Robert once again lost his joyous demeanor and sank into his chair.
"...Yes, I agree with krow, I believe we've roused everyone willing to be here."

♞Shatter Roar- War Room - interacting with Rotormuth infectedmouth infectedmouth - everyone ♞
"Burned, I think, it's very intricate, you can even see the rivers here, and the mountains." He traced the lines with his claw gently. They were indeed a bit blackened, and when Shatter lifted his claw there was a bit of black at the end. "Or perhaps it's filthy and I've just run my claw through years of dirt and grime." He chuckled, giving Rotor as much of a smile as the catfolk could manage. "It was already here, Lord Robert has so graciously allowed us to use his war room to plan our rebellion, and this table has seen many wars"
Krow spoke then, dragging his attention away from admiring the craftsmanship of the table. "...Yes... I suppose we should get on with it, hmm? Is everyone ready? Listening ears on?"

{interacting with Caligena Caligena }

She overheard the talk about necromancy which was a common theme in her world but from the looks of it wasn’t the tastiest of topics. Nevertheless she was glad about it. A necromancer in the ranks; As foul the black art can potentially be had it’s place among the magical world and deserved its place in this fight.

Just as she had bitten into the pastry in delight she quickly swallowed, trying to hide the almost sickened expression on her face. Food certainly doesn’t satisfy the way blood does now.
It had been ages since she was in a social gathering with others not of her kind. Much less with people she was somehow supposed to cooperate with to defeat the incoming inquisition. The scents in the air. She could feel the blood flowing in everyone that would draw breath. She could almost taste the warmth in the air. Warmth that no longer pulsed within her but how she longed for immensely.

she brushed the crumbs from her lips but before putting the bitten cake back on the tray turned to the tiefling sitting close by and offered it to her jokingly “You want this?” Luna hadn’t immediately noticed her already having her fill of the sweets and chuckled. “Perhaps you dont..”
she closed her mouth inconspicuously as it was a commonly uncomfortable sight to most.

Before going any further she shifted her gaze up towards those getting the meeting started. The noise in the room slowly dissipating. She then returned her gaze at the tiefling while jest-fully faking a serious glance.

Last edited:
:bishiesparklesl: Faralynn - interacting with RavenSong RavenSong :bishiesparklesr:

The tiefling's attention was pulled from her survey of the crowd as she noticed the lady of deathly pallor next to her try and initiate conversation. She perked up a bit, swallowing the last remnants of crumbs in her mouth before turning to the woman with a courteous smile - one she would notice contained some longer than average canines similar to her own. "Come again?" the reddish-skinned woman asked, not genuinely asking for a repeat, but rather stalling for time as she processed what it was she had only been half-paying attention to. Before the woman would be able to actually repeat what she had said, Fara would continue as if she had heard her that first time. "Oh, n-no thank you, I've got another," she explained, holding up the emergency backup cupcake and chuckling awkwardly, before setting it back down onto her lap.

She extended a dainty handshake offer toward the woman, figuring she may as well get herself acquainted with the others around her one person at a time. "Name's Faralynn, by the way. Pleased to meet you, and can I just say I adore your hair, it's such a lovely shade of white." While the compliment was genuine, she did also insert it intentionally, hoping to put her rusty people skills to practice.

Basite — interacting with TheCrowKing TheCrowKing

Basite reared his head back a moment, his hands coming up to his hips- er, his withers. “You’re right,” he spoke with a gruff voice. “It’s none of your business.” He leaned down just slightly to be relatively level with the Tiefling.

However, it was nice to hear that someone cared. Someone was worried. He faltered for a moment, the tense muscles in his arms and chest relaxing, shoulders slightly drooping and a longing look crossed his face; though as quickly as he relaxed, he immediately went back to being tensed and leaned back once more, crossing his arms and shifting his weight once more. Being an Outlander taught the centaur many things, and one of them was to never trust. And he sure as hell was not about to let himself trust someone he just met, especially one studying him so closely. He felt intimidated under the wandering eyes, putting his front hooves together and shuffling his back. Basite decided he’d rather have not woken up today, and would have preferred to hear the plan from one person than multiple people.

The centaur heard Shatter Roar speak, and he flicked his attention to the room before looking back down at the being in front of him. “My hooves are fine. Why do you bother anyway?” He bickered before turning around and promptly pushing the Tiefling into the room with his rump, smacking him with his tail as well.

If the Tiefling did not immediately move, he would kick him. And hard.

(Basite possibly kicking Anzii can be powerplayed if wanted, Crow.)

Rotormuth — interacting with Hawke. Hawke. , open

It is very gorgeous,” Rotormuth spoke, taking one final note of a detail on the map.

It was then, upon seeing the catfolk smile, the gator’s own maw opened when Shatter rose his claw, seeing the black on the tip. He lifted his own hand to check his claws to see if the black had left any residue on his, and once he deemed his claws clean enough, he put his hand under his jaw to listen to the meeting begin.

A half-step backwards was nearly taken as the conversation seemed to escalate to levels of discomfort neither of them wished to wade through. The Tiefling’s gaze would instantly avert towards the flooring below them, unwilling to meet Basite’s at eye-level. Anziium had most certainly stepped out of bounds with his inquiry, he realizing that now that he’d went and put himself in such a position.

Thankfully enough for the scholar, Shatter Roar’s call to initiate the meeting was enough to draw away Basite’s focus, even for a moment. He wouldn’t need much encouragement to worm out of the conversation, albeit ushering himself along at a quicken paced once he was nudged by the former conversation partner. “Think nothing of it. I won’t broach the topic again.” He muttered as he crossed the threshold back into the room, face absolutely aflame with embarrassment. Whereas Fara wasn’t too grand at chatting, he was above and beyond that, so much horrifically worse.

Finding himself slinking back to his previous seat at the table, he completely and utterly ignored the seemingly polite conversation she was holding with another woman. Instead, he rest his cheek within his palm, trying his damndest to hide his flushed face until the warm tint left his cheeks. That was absolutely the most mortifying attempt at conversation I think I ever had. He internally groaned, wondering what had gotten into him. It wasn’t normal for him to jump into a conversation unless explicitly spoken to, and now he knew he should keep it that way.

interacting with: Robert, Hawke. Hawke.

Oh, Sybella was certainly thrilled to be given this chance to ramble. No, she didn’t know anything about interior decorating, or what really made a keep nice and beautiful and homey. But boy, if she wasn’t about to spout as much nice-sounding nonsense as she could. Of course all while believing she was saying anything of worth. In fact, all uppity with her eyes closed and a finger wagging, it took her a few seconds to actually notice that Robert wasn’t paying any attention at all.

The noblewomen furrowed her brow, looking incredibly befuddled at this display of…. affection took place. She glanced around to see if anyone else seemed as baffled as her, but no. It looked like it was mostly just her. She sputtered for a moment, feeling like someone ought to stop this. Robert, as a Lord, should know that such scenarios breed the idea that he is weak and soft amongst his people. The nobility did not simply show kindness like this! Especially not to a nigh-commoner like a knight. She pondered for a moment whether she should intervene, finding only the deafening ambivalence stopping her.

The incredulity sketched upon her face never left even as she stared at him. Perhaps that was, in and of itself, quite ignoble of her, but how could she not? She never exactly had the experience of spending her childhood with other children but she had heard stories of people being ooh’ed and aah’ed at with their estate childhood crushes. That’s about how she felt right now. “So… what was that?” She whispered, too eager to know than to care about interrupting the start of the meeting.

--

Interacting with: Helewys, sraes sraes

Helios tried his best to sit up straight and not look as out of it as he felt. The voice of his seat-neighbor drew him out of a long, dead stare at the opposite wall. “Huh? Oh, yes- no, I mean uh.” His voice was even scratchy, certainly not a sign that would help his case here. He reached up and awkwardly scratched at his shoulder in a particularly stilted manner. “I’m fine. Don’t worry, just a few cuts and nicks- it’s nothing to be concerned about. Besides, I’m sure if there are any healers here they have their hands full with people with real injuries. I wouldn’t want to be a burden or nothin’.”

He paused for a moment, desperate to find a way to change the subject before this person insisted further. “Uh- we haven’t met! I’m Helios!” He stuck a fuzzy, clawed paw out, paired with a gorgeous smile baring all of his glimmering, sharp- definitely a little stained -teeth. “I really like your, uh,” he looked the person up and down. “…ears?” He immediately realized this was not a normal thing to say and that was immediately evident on his face.

Lucky for the catfolk, Shatter Roar spoke up. “Oh, look at that! The meeting is- we’re beginning! Heh-” Helios hunched his shoulders and avoided further eye contact with the elf.

skotadi
Interaction: Hawke. Hawke.
Skotadi would look up form his quite contemplation upon hearing shatter roar attempt to call the meeting to order however it did get the lizardfolk wondering what would be behind the man name. After, there had to be a reason for such a... on the noise name yes? the large lizardfolk hummed a somber tune as he directed his attention toward shatter roar. “Proceed... then you indeed have my attention..though if i may make a observation.. we do appear to be acting somewhat disorganised.. perhaps some more focus would be in order yes?” skotadi commented in a slow deliberate tone gently tapping his claws against the side of the sword he carried by his waist. Hopefully someone would at least catch onto what he’d said, but considering how everyone was speaking to one another perhaps not?​

🔱Helewys deGrey 🔱
Interacting with: Helios birdgeoisie birdgeoisie

Helewys watched the catfolk try and brush off his injuries as nothing of concern with a placidly disbelieving look, making no bones about the fact that they didn't believe him for a second. Their eyebrow crept up at his insistence that the healers would be too busy to treat him - certainly if Umbra Keep kept any healers on retainer they might have refugees or such to take care of but that was hardly reason not to utilize their services. The real burden on the healers were the ones who pushed themselves until they passed out instead of properly taking care of their injuries, leaving the healers to come to them.

Some of this must have shown on their face - or perhaps their neighbor just anticipated some sort of argument - because he very obviously tried to throw the conversation down a different track.

And what a track it was.

"Helewys deGrey." They accepted the brief handshake with a slight smile that quickly grew into a full out grin at Helios'... compliment? That he immediately regretted his decision was both obvious and immensely funny.

Muffling a snort of laughter behind their hand, Helewys let Helios redirect their attention to Shatter Roar starting the meeting - though not before leaning a bit closer and whispering, "The ears were an interesting choice." before settling into a more attentive posture as things finally got underway. They couldn't help the faint hint of a smirk that kept sneaking up on them, though.

Last edited:
♞Robert - War Room - Sybella birdgeoisie birdgeoisie
"Nothing!" Robert exclaimed in a rather defensive tone which caught the attention of Thelind and Shatter, the old woman gave him a smirk. Realizing his mistake he lowered his voice, "Nothing... I forgot myself 's all." The lord wouldn't meet Sybella's gaze, quite frankly it was none of her business. He could feel his face and neck growing hot and wished nothing more than to vanish into thin air. If the wrong person had heard that rumors would start spreading like wildfire and the last thing that he needed were rumors. "Let's not discuss this now, we have a meeting." He shifted, trying to sit up straighter while still not meeting the gaze of anyone in the room.

♞Shatter Roar - War Room - Everyone♞
Shatter Roar raised a dismissive paw to Skotadi, signaling that he did not need the scalefolks assistance here. he walked around to the other side of the table, so he was standing in front of House Warren's banner, and in front of the group crowded into the room. "Alright! listen up," The catfolk's voice was booming, and commanded attention, "The time for banter has passed, we can save that for breakfast," he said, looking around to ensure he had everyone's full focus. Shatter placed two large, furry paws on the table and leaned towards the group. "These are dark and dangerous times as you're all well aware. And I would just like to address this first. We all have our differences, we all have our opinions but this is not the time for in-fighting." He was looking at everyone of course, but his gaze specifically lingered on Basite and Krow, and the others who seemed to have attitudes that morning, "We cannot bear this weight on our own, we will carry all as one."
His message was clear, it was not a question. And if someone didn't like it they were welcome to leave.
Shatter Roar straightened himself then, standing at full height. "Now that I've got your attention... You're all aware of the patrols sent out by Kester, some of you more aware than you'd like." He nodded to Helewys specifically, having heard of their escape, "Until now, their methods of detecting magic have been fairly primitive, normally they would simply interrogate and torment you til you snapped. But we've received word from an inside source that better magic detection is being developed." His tone was grim, from the folds on his coat he produced a letter, "Dogs, bred meaner than any before, it's said they can sense strong magic from miles away. And the King has hired a new kennelmaster to train them to hunt mages," He stopped, then, inhaling sharply and gritting his teeth at the name written on the paper.
Cenred Dunstan
"...Of course it would be him."

♞Thelind - War Room - Everyone, Shatter Roar♞
"
Care to share with the class?" Lady Thelind asked, she didn't like that face he was making, like he'd smelled something rotten. "What's the matter?"
The paper was passed to her, and she grimaced. "Cenred Dunstan. The old ranger master," she passed the note back. "That coward is a perfect fit I'll give 'im that. Cruel bastard..."

🌹Luna
{interacting w/ Caligena Caligena and TheCrowKing TheCrowKing }

Luna chuckled softly bringing her other hand up over her smile as the tiefling revealed the secret pastry to her and nodded in agreement. “Very well..” she added with a nod as she laughed softly.
It was a jest after all, although crude and uncouth. Luna wondered what she’d do if she had accepted as she put the half eaten cake back on the silverware. Doesn’t seem like anyone is eating anymore anyway.

“I’m Luna, Luna Eleazar..” she said as she turned and shook her hand. It felt strange to touch a living being without the intention of feeding. How does tiefling blood taste anyway? A thought that was quickly interrupted by her new acquaintance compliment. “Y-you like my hair?” She stuttered. Luna wasn’t used to compliments, surely she’d be blushing if she could. “Thank you..” she added quickly as she wiped her sugary hand against the table.

Seemingly out of nowhere another tiefling suddenly appeared between the conversation. She gasped softly as he made his way to the seat hastily before resting her eyes upon his miserable and somewhat ill state in surprise. Tempted to ask what ailed him she brought up a finger to tap him on the shoulder but quickly retreated on the idea.
“How do you do?” She asked the uncomfortable lookin tiefling not really expecting an answer as he was very deep in thought.

Being so close to the war map table she couldn’t help but hear Lord Roberts exclamation. She didn’t think much of it though, surely organizing a great army meant quite a bit of stress.

Crossing her arms and shifting her weight to the side the vampire then turned her attention to Shatter Roar who was beginning the meeting. Upon hearing the news that the enemy would employ magic seeking hounds she shook her head in silent disapproval. Of course, send in the dogs. She thought as images of rabid dogs ran through her mind. Shame that those misused creatures would now become targets.

Upon hearing the name of the source of this news it piqued interest if not just because of the curious surprise the leaders seemed to express.
who is this Cenred Dunstan ? She wondered as she looked at the others and hoped someone would inquire.

Krow's features turned fearful at the mention of the dogs. He could only imagine being hunted down by them, unable to run fast enough, or being cornered in a tree. He'd have no way of escaping, considering he couldn't fly. His already ruffled feathers now stood on-end, showing just how uncomfortable he is.
"... Mind letting us in on who that is? This Cenred Dunstan?" He asked, unsure if he really wanted to know.
"How are we gonna get around this? If the dogs can sense magic as well as you say its only a matter of time before they find us all here."

Silvyr had glanced up at Robert's exclamation: Nothing! he had insisted too loudly, but the knight appeared to take no offense to his role at Robert's side being so readily dismissed. It made little difference to him if Robert had to play the role of noble blood in front of others of the same breed. He simply sat himself down in on of the seats as near to Shatter Roar as he could, and let his focus fall to the warrior entirely when he began speaking. He frowned at the news of magic detection: It was bad enough that those who practiced magic would be executed or imprisoned, but this meant that even those who were so blessed and wished not to practice would be targeted as well, for a facet of their being entirely out of control.
Of course, he reminded himself, you talk as if you are not among them.
And indeed, he barely considered himself a user of magic. In fact he wondered what these dogs would think or do when faced with ser Silvyr Spicer, who had never once successfully conjured an evocation spell and could only manipulate that which was already available to him. A joke to the gods, he once thought. Now he wasn't so sure.

Seia, across the table, looked far more grim, with a face of stone and dark brown eyes to match. She herself survived only by hiding what she was capable of behind a claymore. That they should develop a dog capable of sniffing out the magic left upon her blade was far from comforting. She glanced at Krow when he spoke and nodded, then turned back to the nobles before them. "The bird's got the right of it," she agreed. "I'm not sure about the others here, but I was born in the swamp. Couldn't tell this Dunstan fellow from a horse's rear end. As for his dogs -- the literal ones, not the ones wielding steel -- what of them? Are they already in the field, or are they still trying to get the beasts into a state where they'll track magic well?"

🔱Helewys deGrey 🔱

Seeing the Shatter Roar take up position at the head of the room, Helewys tented their fingers in front of themself and settled in as his call to attention brought the the scattered conversations around the room to a quiet halt.

There was little doubt that'd he was a general - that was a voice made to be heard across battlefields. Once he was satisfied that they were paying attention, he kicked the meeting off with a light reprimand. Not surprising after how tetchy some of the group had been so far that morning.

It was a volatile situation all around, nearly everyone had too much to lose for it to be anything but. And, they acknowledged with a quick glance at all the people in and around the room, it wouldn't be surprising if most of the people here were not entirely used to working closely with others. That would have to be remedied if this resistance were to have any chance of succeeding.

The mention of the patrols drew their attention back from their musings in a not terribly pleasant way.

Feeling Shatter Roar's gaze on them they met his eyes and dipped their head in a nod of acknowledgement, a grim look briefly crossing their face at even the circumspect reminder. 'More aware than you'd like' indeed, that was certainly one way of putting it. The attention was quickly shifted away to related topics but the they remained tense, though they kept their expression calmly attentive, as the conversation was not exactly one that lent itself towards relaxing.

At least it was interesting, though.

Distressing too - Shatter Roar's information about the dogs most of all.

The King having such a method for his soldiers to hunt mages down was bad enough, but there were wider implications to them. Young, untrained magic users didn't always know they were or even could harness magic at first - sometimes it took years before they realized it depending on how strong they were. If these dogs were more than just rumor and speculation, not only did they pose a threat to the resistance itself but also to the new generations of mages that were too young to even know to be afraid yet.

Not to mention Helewys just did not particularly like dogs.

They hoped nothing would come of the information, but the looks on Shatter Roar and Lady Thelind's faces when the read the name of this Kennelmaster did not fill them with reassurance.

The name itself didn't ring a bell with them, though they'd lived in Khipia all their life. If this Cenred Dunstan worked closely enough with the King to have been given this appointment, not doubt he was well above anyone they would have dealt with on a regular basis. The most senior healers amongst the Center were typically the ones who saw to the nobles and upper echelon of society - Helewys had been more than happy to leave them to it.

"And," they added, nodding in agreement with Krow and Seia's questions, "do we have any way to prevent them from scenting magic?"

Last edited:
The flames of his own disconcertment roared far louder in his ears than the vampire’s attempt at good-natured contact; as far as Anziium was concerned, she hadn’t said a damn thing his way. Thankfully enough for either of them, Shatter Roar would call the meeting to attention before either of them could engage in the awkward conversation, sure to follow. Sitting up straighter in his seat, now that his flush had died down, he chose to focus on the truly important conversation, something besides the constant replay of that from the hallway.

With the hulking Catfolk’s gentle reminder of why some of them were here, the Tiefling’s gaze would briefly stray around the table, curious as to whom he had seen entering Lord Robert’s estate. He didn’t particularly remember who among them had already been subjected to the patrols, but it was rather easy to pick their faces out among the crowd. One of the more notable was the elf across the way, their brief, albeit pained expression only lingering for a moment. His attention lingered on them for a moment more, wondering what they’d gone through to arrive here in one piece.

Further news would call attention back to the head of the table, his own eyebrow shooting up this time. The name didn’t ring any bells, but the step-up in magic detection was sure something to tune into. Rather than a simple execution, it now seemed to be taken as a game, a foxhunt most certainly with the addition of hounds to track them all. The fae was right, it wouldn’t take long to weed out those they sought if all it took was a single sniff.

“Is there any estimate as to when they will be released or have trial hunts already begun?”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back