• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Legends of Aestlyn (D&D 5e) - OOC

I love how I skipped Tychis. So good.

I'm putting him and his men at the bottom of 3. That includes the Witch, which I didn't point out before.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai What was the attack roll for that attack? I have an ability that lets me boost my AC in response to being hit with an attack.
!!! I debated about rolling open, which is what I usually do at the table. I'll do that from now on.

They were d20+5. The first was 20 total, and the second was 23 total.

Ah that's way to good a roll for me to cancel. Dude rolled good. Thankfully I have a damage mitigator for physical damage I can use instead of raising my AC.

Honestly, playing a Psion just with these few turns really reminds me of playing a Solar. Very strong abilities fueled by a very finite resource, with Bonus, Reaction and Action Disciplines all basically being Reflexive, Supplemental and Simple Charms.

...I made myself sad for Exalted 3E again. =/

Ah that's way to good a roll for me to cancel. Dude rolled good. Thankfully I have a damage mitigator for physical damage I can use instead of raising my AC.

Honestly, playing a Psion just with these few turns really reminds me of playing a Solar. Very strong abilities fueled by a very finite resource, with Bonus, Reaction and Action Disciplines all basically being Reflexive, Supplemental and Simple Charms.

...I made myself sad for Exalted 3E again. =/
That makes two of us, friend. *sigh* Yeah, I was reading your sheet. I like the Psion stuff a lot.

I'm considering systems, or system-less, ways to play Exalted. 3e is a disappointment for me. I feel like even a freeform game would do it justice.

...goddamn, and the similarities keep hitting home. Look at that post Wlf. Look at it. That's a freaking Exalted post right there. Right down to the powers that trigger on someone else's turn in response to something they did, to the Psi Points (MOTES?!) being a thing you need to remember to conserve.

WlfSamurai WlfSamurai I'm considering systems, or system-less, ways to play Exalted. 3e is a disappointment for me. I feel like even a freeform game would do it justice.

I might be up for something like that, though I'm only really familiar with 2e.

I'm actually very close to creating an interest thread to see if anyone will play Exalted using The Pool RPG. It's completely character, story, and conflict driven. I think that would be a blast.

74 damage and Tychis still isn't unconscious. and he can easily dish out 20 points of damage in a single round. i think the PCs are fucked. i have been rolling my sneak attack damage separate from my weapon damage. and wanted to know if that was being counted, because most of my damage comes from sneak attack and doing sneak attacks requires me to attack a target who is engaged in melee with an ally. either i'm missing a piece of the puzzle like some kind of obscure resistance or this guy is really high level.

I think we'll be fine. I'll wager he's at most a 9th level Fighter who's used his Second Wind to regain a bunch of HP.

Plus his Witch just died, so it's all him now. Dogpile and focus all our attacks on him, and he'll go down pretty quick.

On a side note, I know some people are going for non-lethal attacks, but unless the King says otherwise, I don't plan on letting him live. This is a medieval setting, after all.

Last edited:
I mean, do we need to? We know his motive and his allies (most of whom are dead now), what other useful information can we get out of him?

Also, apologies for not making this point In Character. Given how we're in front of the King, arguing amongst ourselves doesn't seem proper. I suppose each of our characters can have their say IC while we debate it OOC and let the King decide based on what we all have to say.

we need to know whether or not he was magically influenced and he could provide the location of the bandits that he last remembers. which could be useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back