• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Dice Legends of Aestlyn (D&D 5e) - OOC

WlfSamurai

Maelstrom Engineer
OOC discussion here, please. Below are the links to the other threads that we'll be using. I'll be adding them to the first post in every related thread. Please place your characters into the character thread.

Game threads:
OOC thread
Character thread
Chapter 1

Last edited:
WlfSamurai WlfSamurai I'm planning for my character to be a con artist. Would it be alright if she was under the King's Emily pretending to be someone else, and planning to steal something important?

Thinking of making some form of Undead, or large race. If that would be acceptable, I played one before my gear was alot more expensive, but that was fine by me.

Thinking of making some form of Undead, or large race. If that would be acceptable, I played one before my gear was alot more expensive, but that was fine by me.
Goliaths are a player race from Unearthed Arcana that's probably the closest to a large creature

It might be better just to stick with what's already available to pick from. Easier to manage, that way.

On another note, what class is everyone thinking of playing? The Mystic is a pretty flexible class, so I can build it to plug any holes our team might have. Currently it looks like we have a Sorcerer and a Ranger, so I might go with Way of the Immortal to make us a nice tough frontline fighter.

Homebrew could be interesting. I'd prefer something officially published, but I'm willing to look it over.
I'd need to go over it myself, probably higher strength/con, less wisdom, dex, intel.

Would be large, heals via eating dead bodies, can't heal from healing magic, ect.

Might have the ability to rip off an arm and use as bludgeoning weapon

That could be really fun and interesting. Is the rest of the party in on it?
I'd be tentatively okay. The real question to consider when making any character is "How will this work with the group?"

I mean, I don't want to dump all over anyone's character or anything, but a Drider would probably be killed on sight by most Good PCs, and a thief or con artist would need some justification to stay with the group and participate in the plot, rather than just get the heck out of there once the shit hits the fan.

I hope I'm not coming off as a jerk, but inter-player synergy is important. It's hard to have a coherent party if everyone is so wildly different from each other.

I'd be tentatively okay. The real question to consider when making any character is "How will this work with the group?"

I mean, I don't want to dump all over anyone's character or anything, but a Drider would probably be killed on sight by most Good PCs, and a thief or con artist would need some justification to stay with the group and participate in the plot, rather than just get the heck out of there once the shit hits the fan.

I hope I'm not coming off as a jerk, but inter-player synergy is important. It's hard to have a coherent party if everyone is so wildly different from each other.
I imagine it being a Han Solo situation. The good heroes (Luke, Obi-wan) need the criminal because she is useful to the group, and they later find out she's not that bad after all. Just with some loose morals towards possessions.

Last edited:
JayTee JayTee you're not being a jerk. Even if it wasn't important to the game, it's important to me that we create a group that works together and has been working together for some time. In fact, I'll be asking you guys to create some shared experiences from the past to tie the group tighter together.

JayTee JayTee you're not being a jerk. Even if it wasn't important to the game, it's important to me that we create a group that works together and has been working together for some time. In fact, I'll be asking you guys to create some shared experiences from the past to tie the group tighter together.
Sounds good.

Alright, glad to know I'm not being a jerk. In that case, I have some ideas I can throw out to help with group coherence.

With my character, I plan on having him being someone close to the king, possibly a apprentice to one of the Royal Guard (who gets killed defending the King). This gives me a classic revenge plot, plus the opportunity to overthrow the usurper and take the throne for myself imeanwhat?

Lexielai's character could (and I'm just throwing out ideas here) have evidence of some sort of crime that Tychis committed (aside from usurpation) that Tychis wants her dead for knowing. This gives her incentive to work with my character for her own insurance, safety in numbers and all that.

I'd need to know more about other people's characters to throw out more ideas, but there's a few for us to build on if people are interested in them.

Alright, glad to know I'm not being a jerk. In that case, I have some ideas I can throw out to help with group coherence.

With my character, I plan on having him being someone close to the king, possibly a apprentice to one of the Royal Guard (who gets killed defending the King). This gives me a classic revenge plot, plus the opportunity to overthrow the usurper and take the throne for myself imeanwhat?

Lexielai's character could (and I'm just throwing out ideas here) have evidence of some sort of crime that Tychis committed (aside from usurpation) that Tychis wants her dead for knowing. This gives her incentive to work with my character for her own insurance, safety in numbers and all that.

I'd need to know more about other people's characters to throw out more ideas, but there's a few for us to build on if people are interested in them.
That could be interesting, because if my character released that information she can really screw with Tychis, so he wouldn't want her threatened enough to tattle on him, but he wants her threatened enough to not feel like releasing the information to the King. Seems almost Game of Thrones-y.

I think it may be interesting if your character JayTee JayTee and mine were also friends when they were younger. So she's like his contact in the underworld for information or something similar. And she's helping him with an investigation on Tychis and gathering evidence, but in exchange she wants the Queen's ring?

I think it may be interesting if your character JayTee JayTee and mine were also friends when they were younger. So she's like his contact in the underworld for information or something similar. And she's helping him with an investigation on Tychis and gathering evidence, but in exchange she wants the Queen's ring?
I'm down with that. Might have to negotiate some details, but overall it looks fun.

JayTee JayTee Lexielai Lexielai WlfSamurai WlfSamurai

So this may or may not sound half assed as I'm starting to come down with something and it seems to be affecting thought process and patience in me.

For my character, I was thinking of doing an undead minion of Tychis (Not entirely sure if he would have one but fuck it, he's evil, evil dudes have undead in general). Probably not the brightest soul, but more so of a gentle(ish) giant. During the ensuing chaos Tychis (or some minion of his) Will do something to enrage my character. Once the dust has settled I'll of ended up with the party, being seen as a traitor to them. Seeing my use and the ease of being told what to do the party will adopt my character as almost a mascot.

That make any sense, or have any hint of originality?

The core concept of "bad dude who realized he was a bad dude" is pretty solid. You may want to rethink the whole "undead" part, though. Like the Drider, they tend to be "kill on sight" for most people in a given setting.

Indeed, it depends on what WlfSamurai WlfSamurai thinks, but Undead are generally not used for good campaigns. Usually tieflings or half orcs fulfill those roles with a similar "evil" vibe

Indeed, it depends on what WlfSamurai WlfSamurai thinks, but Undead are generally not used for good campaigns. Usually tieflings or half orcs fulfill those roles with a similar "evil" vibe
The core concept of "bad dude who realized he was a bad dude" is pretty solid. You may want to rethink the whole "undead" part, though. Like the Drider, they tend to be "kill on sight" for most people in a given setting.

I know this, But I still think I want to do it as it will give me a unquie situation. I'm tired of doing the same shit over and over.

I mean, no one is saying that you can't go with your overall concept, the only sticking point is the whole "undead" thing. Again, I hope I'm not being a jerk, It would require a really really strong justification for our characters to want to associate with in ways that don't involve murder.

I mean, no one is saying that you can't go with your overall concept, the only sticking point is the whole "undead" thing. Again, I hope I'm not being a jerk, It would require a really really strong justification for our characters to want to associate with in ways that don't involve murder.

We got a black mailer, and a vengeance seeker, also who stated that we need to be in a world where people generally kill undead on sight. Like I get your points, but still. What wrong with me doing a character concept that may be unconventional? I'm honestly going to stick by this idea as it's the first fresh one I've had in a while, and I'm in a really bad rut ATM. If it becomes such a problem down the road we can also revive them, and turn them back into a living being.

Well, it's ultimately Wlf's call. Again though, in-character, our characters would have no reason to want to associate with your character without either running away or resorting to murder, so I'm not sure what you expect the outcome to be other than, uh... PvP? I guess?

Like, I don't want to be unreasonable about this, but these are the only outcomes I can see happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back