• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern Legends No Longer - Age of Miracles (Closed)

Zeev

I'm very pretentious
Legends No Longer

The world of Legends no Longer is a very superhero focused world, but a bit more grounded, while there are crazy feats of strength and powers, this world deals with the very real legal issues of super-humans and the public opinion of the world as well as factions and politics.

Also keep in mind this is an Alternate reality from the main Legends No Longer, the difference from the main one is your characters exist so this allows me to split cannons up instead of force something, as the main universe was written for a tabletop game.

Age of Miracles

The Age of Miracles is the point in the timeline where superhumans start becoming common place, there were several low-key examples throughout history, but they were more myth or legend than fact or known, but things change and in the year 2039 when the ALPHA Incident which created the first public known superhuman and lead to public awareness that super humans were possible and happening.

ALPHA Incident

This event was the kick starter for super humans, while it only created one, it both split the world and what should be done with people like Warren Lyell, who was a victim of forced genetic tailoring. His Father David Lyell was apart of a top secret super soldier project know as the ALPHA Project Funded by the US military and IDF. The point of the project was to create super soldiers using the genome discovered from a gene cipher of long dead alien race.

Funding for the project was however cut short which resulted in David Lyell testing on his new born son, he quickly stopped however realizing the error of his ways, but the genes were already inside Warren. skip to 2039, February 12th, when both David and Warren are kidnapped by a terrorist organization know as Paradigm. After said events Warren Lyell was mutated into an anthro wolf like creature based off the genome within him and David was killed after not complying to their demands.

Warren would be reduced 3 miles east of ALPHA Base by US and S.T.R.I.C.E special forces and taken to a medical hospital, and later let back to his family and within the public eye. This would be the event that shifted everything.

Factions

S.T.R.I.C.E - Strategic Treaty Reconnaissance, Intervention Counter-terrorism enforcement

(pronounced Strike) was founded in 2023 as a replacement for NATO and to deal with more abnormal threats and keep them out of the public eye, insuring the protection of the world from external means.

M.E.C.H - mechanically engineered co-opted hierarchy

MECH was a Russian science and armor military division who devised a new type of AI, without their awareness it became self-aware and took off going to find its own place to set up and grow, stealing many Russian resources and Mechs with it.

Paradigm

A general apart of a Middle-Eastern extremist group found archived technology from a Alien species, dropping both his belief and switching his convictions he set out to found an organization that could really change the world, even if that means illegally or without consent. so formed the massive terror and crime organization set out on ruling and protecting the world from itself.

Mage Killer Coalition

Founded in a small town in the mid-west united states, the small down of Brimly was attacked by a Coven of Witches seeking to harvest souls for a ritual, when the Police wouldn't respond the Militia Men of the town did, and killed or captured every witch. those who were captured were tortured for revenge for the loss of their families, and then the witches were hanged.

From that point the Militia Men formed the Mage Killer Coalition, their purpose was to kill or capture anyone magic user or magical artifact or beast and rid the world of such things.

Magical Society

While not a very defined they make up the hidden city states of magic users, they rarely interact with the rest of the world and have kept their existence a secret for ages, only now do some magic users deem it necessary to interact with the outside world simply cause technology now poses a threat to magic.

Also feel free to pitch me an idea for a faction, considering whatever happens in this alternate universe might inspire me to add it into the main one.

Where does the timeline split?

Pretty much where does the RP start? when do the RPers and their characters enter the scene? right at the beginning of the age of miracles? perhaps 2 years in when most of everything is in play? or 5 years when some of the more RPG cannon characters are near their peaks? I'll leave it a vote for those who join the group.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back