• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legend of Zorro - OOC

Should our OC's travel through multiple towns before making it to the Engulfing forest?

• No, right to battle!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, flesh out the lands of Zorro more!

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Main
Here
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
Other
Here

Heavenchi

✧"a wondering mind."✧
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Here we can chat, plot, ask questions, and overall just enjoy being the people that we are. :angels:

I'll be answering all lore related questions until I get the lore page up. Suggestions can be dropped here as well.

sophocles sophocles Impius Impius

I'll be posting the Lore page now, at worst we'd be RPing with just 3. <3

In content with that if we cant pull more people in, would make interacting with another a bit easier.

Impius Impius sophocles sophocles

Monster lore is up, I'll be adding spells shortly.

Not me tripping over myself to indulge in some lore haha!
Well, either way, fingers crossed that we can have a nice rounded-out squad of people!

I hope everyone can read everything I post comfortably. I'm keeping it phone friendly. :)

It shows up fine on my phone :)

I do have a question, been mulling over what kind of character I would like to play.
So could there be an instance where, instead of the person having mana, it's more like... a temporary 'chaos'or 'rage' (something)
For instance, a slayer casts Flare, and consumes X mana, and it will replenish as canon to the RP.
Instead of mana, its fueled by making contact hits on monsters, building up a 'Rage' as it feeds off the chaos. When a monster is slain, depending on class, you can get a full 'bar' filled this rage energy, making it easier/possible to begin casting spells.

I imagine this would be a very tanky type of character. So I figured they would be touched by Barren, or maybe even Venom due to the feeding off the chaos in the monsters.

Class on monster would greatly depend on the rage fill and how much you get. Just so it's not like... killing. a single low tier monsters to get OP powers for X time/duration of the rage which can drain slowly.

Not sure if any of that made sense. I could probably find something to clarify it easier of need be. Either way if it's something youd be uninterested in that's totally fine.

It shows up fine on my phone :)

I do have a question, been mulling over what kind of character I would like to play.
So could there be an instance where, instead of the person having mana, it's more like... a temporary 'chaos'or 'rage' (something)
For instance, a slayer casts Flare, and consumes X mana, and it will replenish as canon to the RP.
Instead of mana, its fueled by making contact hits on monsters, building up a 'Rage' as it feeds off the chaos. When a monster is slain, depending on class, you can get a full 'bar' filled this rage energy, making it easier/possible to begin casting spells.

I imagine this would be a very tanky type of character. So I figured they would be touched by Barren, or maybe even Venom due to the feeding off the chaos in the monsters.

Class on monster would greatly depend on the rage fill and how much you get. Just so it's not like... killing. a single low tier monsters to get OP powers for X time/duration of the rage which can drain slowly.

Not sure if any of that made sense. I could probably find something to clarify it easier of need be. Either way if it's something youd be uninterested in that's totally fine.
I tend to adore out of the box characters. This kind of character could be considered a rare and never seen kind of sub human. Blessed by Venom? You can choose the name, and their abilities could be shadow manipulation and the ability to absorb chaos for a limited amount of time. This drains monsters, debuffing them while increasing the OC's overall stats by .5. This increase will last until the monster who's mana they absorbed dies? On the regular they have supernatural senses and the ability to turn into shadows. ???

In addition, skilled _(create a name), can contain chaos from their environment and keep it in their body for an extensive buff. It however causes (choose a physical characteristic) to appear. (I'm thinking black veins or black eyes, etc.) This extensive buff will give them strength that rivals a berserker and speed that challenges an angel's?

All that sounds good to me. Let me mull over it some more. I may end up doing something completely different, but your idea sounds good of I lean toward that route

I can reveal my OC here since, she's a plot point and might inspire some ideas.

Full Name
Kito Flaz'in Burgundy
Nickname(s)/Alias
Ki ~ Close friends and peers only
K.T ~ Friends and well known acquaintances
Captain Flaz'in ~ Slayers & Knights and anyone who knows of her former position.
Title(s)
Lady Burgundy - Most common title, formal.
Barren's Favorite - Well known title of hers, informal.
Wolf Slayer - Official title, given by the Supreme of Zorro.
Red Coin Chaser - Slur used by those who dislike the Barren Guild.
Age(16+)
Twenty-Eight
Appearance
( "Realistic" art or Anime )

6D4E37AB-3E74-4873-BE9D-883A4CD524E2.jpeg

Weapon/Armor/Gear
Sword depicted in the picture above
Arm and Leg armor depicted in picture above
Fiery Lenses and white beads depicted in the picture above
Abilities
Supernatural Strength
Control and Summoning of Fire
Supernatural Durability
Personality
Graceful, strong-willed, beautiful, and powerful. These four descriptors sum up the woman that Kito is quite nicely. Kito's a bit blunt, aloof, and a tad bit intimating. Due to the fact that she's a high noble, she's well versed in social etiquette. However, its by no means her strong suit. As a result, in any social interaction, she's usually short and somewhat uncomfortable. In short, Kito is a quiet, protective, strong-willed, warrior who's at her best in battle, not in a ballroom.
Strengths
* Swordsmanship
* Abnormal Agility and Flexibility
* Master of her Pyrokinesis
Weaknesses
* Bad Eyesight
*Can't use "basic" magic
* Bad Social Skills
Biography
(4+ sentences)

Kito is the daughter of Burma and Vector Burgundy, heads of the Burgundy House, owners of the Barren Guild. This noble family is infamous for the mercenaries and slayers they provide. So it was no surprise that at the age of four, Barren came down and kissed her on the forehead, bestowing her with Berserker abilities. After that, at the age of thirteen Kito went to the Crumbling Mountain and killed her first monster. This was just one of her feats, time and time again she proved herself a prodigy. Unfortunately, Kito was not the oldest, but in fact had an older brother. This meant, the title of "Master" of the Barren Guild would go to him along with Head of the Burgundy House. Wanting to find her purpose, Kito left home and joined the Zorro army, quickly becoming a captain and renowned in the kingdom. Unfortunately during what was suppose to be a simple scouting trip, her and her crew got bombarded by a horde of monsters. Kito was the only one to survive. Dismayed and broken, Kito denounced her knightly title and became a full-time monster slayer, driven by revenge and pure hatred. After this ordeal, a now nineteen-year-old Kito returned to the Barren Guild and became a slayer for her family - one of the best. Here she is now, twenty-eight and on a mission to clear a section of the Engulfing Forest.
Patron
(Deity)
Barren, God of Strength & Battle
Extra
* EXTREMELY rich
* Vast connections with nobility.
* Doesn't know how to swim.
* Her legs are stronger than her arms.
Kito possess the strength of eight men in her fist while she
has the force of fifteen in her legs.

I'd like to note, that's a WIC and from 2018. When I originally made this RP but the premise around her remains the same. Hope it helps. Excuse me as I continue to add/post lore.

Okay, so!

He's going to be a Touched, though I am unsure right now about his relationship with his patron.
I am leaning towards him being slightly unhinged due to his previous obsession with the concept of karma, since Imani is the god of such. I figure he would have been such a large advocate for "do unto others that you want done unto you" and lived a very pious life until *insert tragic backstory* happens and shifts his entire belief system? That sounds basic as heck right now but I'm fleshing him out!
What happens to sub-humans that start going against the ways of their patron?? I just feel that he could have a falling out with his patron and would need to be guided back to the light, so to speak?

I don't really have any fancy ideas for him stats-wise, at least yet!!

I'm also curious in regards to the deities; you mentioned specific gods and goddesses being able to refuse a champion of another deity! Which ones counter each other? I am gathering that Imani and Noah are opposites! So, with my character being a Touched, what spells could possibly fail for him?

Okay, so!

He's going to be a Touched, though I am unsure right now about his relationship with his patron.
I am leaning towards him being slightly unhinged due to his previous obsession with the concept of karma, since Imani is the god of such. I figure he would have been such a large advocate for "do unto others that you want done unto you" and lived a very pious life until *insert tragic backstory* happens and shifts his entire belief system? That sounds basic as heck right now but I'm fleshing him out!
What happens to sub-humans that start going against the ways of their patron?? I just feel that he could have a falling out with his patron and would need to be guided back to the light, so to speak?

I don't really have any fancy ideas for him stats-wise, at least yet!!

I'm also curious in regards to the deities; you mentioned specific gods and goddesses being able to refuse a champion of another deity! Which ones counter each other? I am gathering that Imani and Noah are opposites! So, with my character being a Touched, what spells could possibly fail for him?
I love your question. It allows me to flesh out lore without all the dramatic typing. (hehehe)

The answer is, depends on what you'd like. But here are some rules. Patrons never take back their blessings, and beyond surges of increased power periodically, the Gods never weaken the ones they've chosen. No matter how astray they go. If he was once severely favored by Imani, like Kito is favored by Barren . . . . Then turned away from caring or considering karma, it's up to you how you believe Imani will react.

For Kito I'll say this, whenever she shows fear or runs from battle, an anonymous sense of disappointment swells from within. It bothers her until she redeems herself with a show of strength. The meaning to that is ambiguous.

For contrast, I'd say. . . .
I didn't create them with that in mind. I will say . . . .

Barren laughs at death, welcoming it. He takes life by the reins and allows what will be to be. He wont let it go without a fight however.
Barren and Zo are on good terms.

Imani respects the effects of time, honoring Trinity. He knows as time passes, the scales of karma shift. He dislikes the boorish nature of berserkers, the disregard of consequence. He understands that good karma leads to prosperity. He smiles fondly upon Noah.

See where I'm going?

I'd say Flare and Demise.

Flare because Barren dislikes the weary.

Demise because Venom despises consequence.

The level of connection a slayer has to their patron, depends on the awakening they received.

I'll use my OC as an example.

Kito was kissed by Barren as a child, she feels a sense of fatherly love from him. He gives her signs and messages through emotions.

Another could have been shielded by Barren in battle and awakened. As a result, he would be seen as a comrade and messages would be given through others. ("Y/N, are you sure the flames agree with us going further?" - "Wait, what did you say captain?" - "I haven't spoken, shh.")

Ah, I'd say a once talkative relationship, filled with signs could begin to dim. sophocles sophocles
Or a quiet one could become filled with signs.

Oh, yay, that works out in my favor! I don't think I ever wanted for him to lose his blessing.
However, I would like to say that Imani is NOT happy with him, as he's now doing what he chooses. consequences and all.

Oh, I like that! I am thinking, perhaps, the quiet one filled with signs. Perhaps he and Imani had such a mutual understanding that there was no real need to communicate previously.
Now, however, he's ignoring Imani, which means the god has been getting more obvious with his messages.
OoOoO, I'm getting so many ideas, thank you!!

Okay, I see! I was definitely regarding their natures as more of a black-white concept. I really like the way that the pantheon flows together!!

Oh, yay, that works out in my favor! I don't think I ever wanted for him to lose his blessing.
However, I would like to say that Imani is NOT happy with him, as he's now doing what he chooses. consequences and all.

Oh, I like that! I am thinking, perhaps, the quiet one filled with signs. Perhaps he and Imani had such a mutual understanding that there was no real need to communicate previously.
Now, however, he's ignoring Imani, which means the god has been getting more obvious with his messages.

Okay, I see! I was definitely regarding their natures as more of a black-white concept. I really like the way that the pantheon flows together!!
If he's being bold, flare could work 50/50, still not 100% because of his past.

Also, thank you. Kito is one of my babies. I've made this RP on other sites and have always used her.

I cant wait to see the way Imani subtly yet aggressively speaks to your OC ♡

Hm, no, I don't think he's bold about it so I am still banking on Flare not being a spell he turns to. I think... he's just darker. He was so used to putting himself before others and paying so much attention to the flow of time and the consequences of his actions. He's not flaunting, I think he's still grieving and does what he wants without considering the consequences to himself.
I'm not sure yet of his stance on the consequences of others, but I'm sure that's lessened greatly.
A little broken baby lol.

Oh, aha, me too! I'm thinking that previously any communication they had was psychically, so I'm expecting something a bit more physical!
Like Imani controlling his hand while he's writing or something like that. A sign that still only exists with my OC but more pointed than a single thought in his head.

Oh, lordy, now I need a name. I'm getting hype!

OH! Also, guilds! Are there any more specific ones that you have made besides the ones you mentioned in the lore thread?
I have literally no clue if my OC is in a guild, I'm just hyper-curious right now haha!

Drowtan Guild, the richest alchemist guild. Itll play a part because. . . . Spoiler alert.

They deal with the shadow market and make most of their wealth from the selling of fae blood and angel feathers. The eyes of beserkers, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back