• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Legend of Zelda Idea

SirDerpingtonIV

A Campfire at the End of Time
This idea is not at all coherent or even logical, and entirely inaccurate to the lore and canon of the franchise. My idea, (A rather stupid one), is what if there were multiple "Legendary Heroes" besides Link and Zelda, to reincarnate every once in a while to save Hyrule.

I'd prefer not to host, I don't know everything, and lack commitment, making me a shit host.

Please don't kill me for this, but I actually haven't played the games. I'd personally love to, but I do not possess the hardware/energy to do so. I know general facts, but don't tear me limb from limb if I get something wrong, hence why I don't want to host. I have merely just grown an interest in the franchise as of late.

Leave me your thoughts as replies, and let me know if you're interested.

Seems interesting. I wouldn't mind hosting.

-large explosion-

Okay...sooooooo how about this. The hero of time (link) didn't have his most recent incarnation, and Ganon's armies took over Hyrule. Now, the realms greatest warriors have to figure out why Link never appeared/stop Ganon. Eh?

Deadkool said:
Seems interesting. I wouldn't mind hosting.

-large explosion-

Okay...sooooooo how about this. The hero of time (link) didn't have his most recent incarnation, and Ganon's armies took over Hyrule. Now, the realms greatest warriors have to figure out why Link never appeared/stop Ganon. Eh?
Sounds pretty good. Because people would kill to play as Link, and this solves that :D

But we should wait for more people before one idea for a plot is officialized, to hear some other opinions.

[QUOTE="Red Thunder]Yeah. Having the Hero not show up, or better simply fail and die in his quest, always intrigued me.

[/QUOTE]
Oh my god that's awesome. And the people of Hyrule have to fight against Ganon's armies without the help of the legendary hero. Also, what game would this occur in? Or in no game at all?

Alright. Also, should the villain continue to be Gannon/Ganondorf? Or should it be someone else? Like Majorca or Vaati or ultra creepy Ghirahiim? Or an original villain?

I'd be interested, I've always wanted to see Hyrule get messed up. Sign me up c:

OoT seems like a good setting, but I think the host would be best served picking from all games.

Maybe this takes place after the most recent game. As for a villain, I think and original would do best.

Deadkool said:
Maybe this takes place after the most recent game. As for a villain, I think and original would do best.
After Hyrule Warriors? And an original villain would be fun. We'd have to decide what race they'd be from, if any, what minions they'd have, fortresses, all sorts of fun things. :D

[QUOTE="Aura Of Twilight]Hyrule Warriors was pretty good. I'm interested either way.

[/QUOTE]
Am I the only one slightly annoyed by Lana?

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Am I the only one slightly annoyed by Lana?
Nah. I can see where you're coming from, even though I like her. In what way does she annoy you, if I may ask?

I'm trying to think of a way we could do twilight princess or skyward sword...

I'm having no luck.

Johnomono said:
I'm trying to think of a way we could do twilight princess or skyward sword...
I'm having no luck.
For Skyward Sword we could have the rp take place a little after the game story where everyone is trying to settle down on the surface still maybe. Perhaps Ghirahim could murder Link and kidnap a pregnant Zelda or something with his demon armies and people have to go rescue her. That way there would still be descendants of Link and Zelda without them actually being in the roleplay. Just a thought.

That sparked the idea train. How about this, the night pregnant Zelda is giving birth, the palace is attacked and overrun. Link fights to his last breath, but fails. Zelda and her child are gone, and neither body was recovered. What is left of the kingdom is quickly falling apart as powerful people within Hyrule fight in the power vacuum Zelda's disappearance has caused. The realm's remaining heroes must band together to save Zelda and keep the different provinces of Hyrule from going to war.

Color me interested.

As far as plot and such goes, I don't see much of a reason not to use everything at our disposal from any of the games. To me this is something akin to an alternate universe or something so if Link dies and pregnant Zelda is kidnapped, who is to say that the Twilight Realm isn't accessible or Skyloft isn't still floating around. Yeah, I know. That kinda shatters continuity, but as I see it, if you're going to go AU with some of it, why not run with it? Just my two cents. Look forward to whatever.

Synaria said:
Color me interested.
As far as plot and such goes, I don't see much of a reason not to use everything at our disposal from any of the games. To me this is something akin to an alternate universe or something so if Link dies and pregnant Zelda is kidnapped, who is to say that the Twilight Realm isn't accessible or Skyloft isn't still floating around. Yeah, I know. That kinda shatters continuity, but as I see it, if you're going to go AU with some of it, why not run with it? Just my two cents. Look forward to whatever.
I was sort of guessing something like this, like everything together, sort of like Hyrule Warriors, but better.

[QUOTE="Aura Of Twilight]Nah. I can see where you're coming from, even though I like her. In what way does she annoy you, if I may ask?

[/QUOTE]
Her... voice, for one.

Deadkool said:
That sparked the idea train. How about this, the night pregnant Zelda is giving birth, the palace is attacked and overrun. Link fights to his last breath, but fails. Zelda and her child are gone, and neither body was recovered. What is left of the kingdom is quickly falling apart as powerful people within Hyrule fight in the power vacuum Zelda's disappearance has caused. The realm's remaining heroes must band together to save Zelda and keep the different provinces of Hyrule from going to war.
I like the whole, everyone dies thing. Makes this soooo much darker. :D

Also, you guys ok with certain "bad guys" being on the "good side" in this RP? Like, people banding together to fight our new villain? *Cough* Darknuts *Cough*

Hmm. I see where you're coming from with the whole everyone dies thing. If Link and Zelda are dead, does that still mean they'll get reincarnated down the line, or is the whole reincarnation cycle screwed up? Maybe one objective the good characters could have is somehow reestablishing it or something. Or Zelda and Link could just no longer exsist period...I'm not a fan of that last one, but whatever works I guess.

At any rate, I'm okay with people banding together to fight a common enemy. Although, it probably wouldn't hurt to have some players be on the evil side. You know, for variation.

Deadkool said:
No, Zelda would be kidnapped, along with her newborn child. Link would be dead.
Don't you get tired of the whole "save the princess" thing though?

[QUOTE="Aura Of Twilight]Hmm. I see where you're coming from with the whole everyone dies thing. If Link and Zelda are dead, does that still mean they'll get reincarnated down the line, or is the whole reincarnation cycle screwed up? Maybe one objective the good characters could have is somehow reestablishing it or something. Or Zelda and Link could just no longer exsist period...I'm not a fan of that last one, but whatever works I guess.
At any rate, I'm okay with people banding together to fight a common enemy. Although, it probably wouldn't hurt to have some players be on the evil side. You know, for variation.

[/QUOTE]
True, true, but don't they reincarnate WAY down the line? And maybe the cycle is screwed up, I don't know. It's up to you guys anyways, not me. And variation would be good, but should we have people on the bad side? If so, should those people be bosses or generals to the OC? Or no?

So, Zelda being dead would be fine. I just can think of a goal other than rescuing her. As for the general idea, that sounds good. Maybe Ganon's armies have seized Hyrule and divided it up into pieces. Each of the pieces is governed by an evil character.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back