Video Games Legend of You: Breath of the Wild

IG42

Paranoid Android
Roleplay Availability
Welcome intrepid explorers (or random browsers)!

I just thought it would be fun to have a thread to chat about the epic, funny or stupid things we've seen and done in our roaming across Hyrule. Also how infuriating that gyroscope puzzle was.

To get us started I had that quintessential open world moment when I heard about the spring of wisdom on mount Lanaryu and slapped on my warm doublet and got climbing.

I'd climbed maybe a third of the way up when I found that my clothing wasn't enough to keep warm anymore, thankfully I had a few spicy food items on me so I forged ahead.

I made a detour to a shrine on the western side behind a destructible wall and got the immensely helpful climbing trousers to go with the bandana, naturally the gear is a must for anyone planning to get anywhere.

I did have one death at the hands of a pair of ice lizalfos when a blasted keese froze me in the middle of a fight.

Thankfully not losing too much progress I bypassed the fight entirely and shortly thereafter caught sight of the summit, finding secure footing I zoomed in to take a look and said...
"What the flying f**k is that?!"

Through the thick at a distance the mountaintop looked purple and alive.

Another time I was standing on a cliff in Akkala planning my route and something clobbered me from behind and knocked me off, naturally pissed off I climbed back up and spent nearly ten minutes fruitlessly searching for the bugger. I even glared suspiciously at my horse and it's "wild" temperament.

I've gotta share my first death!

So I'm climbing up a mountain wall just past the old man's cottage where you learn about chopping trees to walk over a cravess and obviously stop on a little outcrop. I nudge the analogue stick to move him near the edge so I can then properly turn around and jump at the wall to give me those few extra inches of climbing space, except instead of just taking the steps I expected Link to, he runs off the outcrop edge and I gape at him falling and going splat. Death 1 of many

I was exploring the Great Plateau trying to find one of the shrines, and generally just seeing the cool scenery. I noticed I hadn't visited the Forest of Spirits yet. I start exploring the forest and love every moment of it, all the pretty trees, the dappled sunlight, the boars and the overall atmosphere was so peaceful. Too peaceful. I ran into a nice open little area just in time to have the Stone Talus throw a rock at me. :<

That trouser filling moment when lightning obliterates that tree you climbed not 20 seconds ago.

That trouser filling moment when lightning obliterates that tree you climbed not 20 seconds ago.
I had something similar when running across a mountainside, paused to check something on my map and before I started running again CRACKBOOM right infront of me where I'd of been had I not stopped!

For a funny I had this great moment being chased by a skeletal koblin who was far larger than me and I ran into a river to escape the brutal beating that was coming my way. Halfway across the river I swung the camera around to see what it was doing and got a laugh from it's antics. Swinging it's club out across the river trying to get me and then making shocked expressions and jumping up and down in frustration. Made me grin like a maniac :D

I still haven't met any of the four leaders. Finally got my house in Hateno Village and upgraded it all the way, have five hearts and jsut one stamina upgrade. Successfully completed the island trial south of Hateno in the ocean, that one was a pain but super fun!

Actually slowly making my way to one of the leaders right now to advance the quest a tiny bit. Apart from two Hinox Mini Bosses I've seen and shrines, I have yet to find a real dungeon or boss :(.

I haven't met any either, don't worry. :) That said I don't even have the house. I have 2 horses, 7 hearts and 2 stamina upgrades. Only just got the final rune for the tablet.

I did see a boss of some kind during my wanderings, saw it arise from the ground with a name and long health bar and flipping LEGGED it!
I'll go back one day when I'm stronger (Think I only had 4 or 5 hearts at the time)

Sword, Sheild and Spear? Yeah that thing creamed me last night so I walked out of the shrine to come back later.
I have just in the last 5 minutes dealt with my first Divine Beast :D

Same with the divine beast, an interesting twist to see what happened, it was a bit of a tear jerker to see that cutscene but I was ecstatic, now time to take a break and venture to akkala....and darn was it far!

Plus is anyone else super terrified of Lynel's? Thing desimated me and I was just picking peppers!

Lynel's are fecking terrifying. I got shot by one with a shock arrow. Instea-death. As i had to run past it's area I made sure to be on the opposite side, and any time I couldn't see it to make sure it hadn't spotted me I was bricking it.
I'll be blunt. This Zelda game is BRUTAL.

And I'm LOVING it!

Dude yes!!!!

First and only one I engaged shot me from behind a rock, it kept aiming at the rock so I was like " cool...safe here, just gonna chill and try to take it down ranger style...." NOPE! Lynel wasn't playing that, he aimed skyward and I lost sight of the arrow....lol needless to say he got me, and it was my most awesome death yet!

This game has literally made me cry because it is so beautiful. Honestly, my only complaint with it is that it didn't exist sooner.

I think one of the aspects I truly appreciate is that the travelers have so many characteristics and you can actually get use from them!!!! ....well....most of them y'all know what I mean....

Oh I found it midway through the week, I was just too weak to lift it. That said I'm just this moment wandering back there to see if I can now do it

Hauled my chilled hide up to the top of the Hebra mountains and taking some time to check out the Aurora.

Then I surfed and glided down a bit and crashed into a moose, it headbutted me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back