• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Legend of Korra - After the War (jaydude x Necroknight)

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"I imagine it will be a Federation." Xiao's father said. "The former prince has acknowledged that he is ill-suited to rule in any capacity, after all."

"Too true." Kuvira muttered.

"Li and Xiao, if it would be okay, I would like the two of you to assist Kuvira with security during these proceedings. There's no telling what might happen." Xiao's father said, turning to look at her.

jaydude jaydude

"Sure we can do that. Might like old times," replied Li - the last part said in a lower tone, since some of them might get the wrong idea. As she and Xiao soon turned to look at Kuvira. "Well, nice to see you again - ready and able again..."

"So, what are you thinking? What kind of protection and ideas do we need to be bouncing between each other?" asked Li.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"Well, in addition to the guards around the estate, I'll have people watching over the gates and train station, checking everyone who comes into the city." Kuvira said. "There'll also be guards disguised as civilians hidden among the general populace, keeping an eye or ear out for anything suspicious. And I had the estate checked twice for security risks, to make absolutely sure no-one can get in without us noticing."

"Is there anything more you would suggest we do, Li?" Xiao's father asked.

jaydude jaydude

"Yeah. Your thinking like a soldier, while all of that is good. Keep this in mind, have you checked any of the staff? Any of the civilians already working inside?" she asked. "Trust me on that, back in the olden days - you can't believe how easily one could slip past security. Especially if none checked the staff...."

"So here is my advise. Allow me to put on some robes and make-up and act as a staff during meeting. Well, me and Xiao both. Trust me, you won't be disappointed..."

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"I checked the backgrounds of all the estate staff back when I first took up this job. Where they lived, where they worked, where they were born, and wherever else they might have been. There were only a few who looked like Remnant or Red Lotus members, and after further investigation, they all turned out to be innocent. Still, I've arranged for them all to have the day off during tomorrow's proceedings, along with anyone I judged likely to take a bribe." Kuvira said.

"I'd hope that that would prevent anyone infiltrating the estate through the staff, but as you say, it's possible for someone who knows what they're doing. What sort of staff were you planning to pose as?"

jaydude jaydude

"The one that serves food," replied Li. "Namely the ones that would serve the coming Ambassadors. That way we'd be close enough, if any sort of trouble were to happen."

"Plus, that way no poison can be put inside any food."

NecroKnight NecroKnight
(Happy New Year)

"Well I can certainly arrange that, but what if they don't try and use poison? What if they're planning an attack of some sort? As in troops, or bombers?" Kuvira asked, sounding worried.

"But would they?" Xiao replied. "Tomorrow we'll have lots of troops of our own around the place, along with you, the Avatar, Su and a number of other powerful fighters.Trying to fight us then would mean more losses than the Remnant could afford, given that they're trying to hold Ba Sing Se and a number of other states right now. Besides, it would take time to organize such an offensive and move a necessary amount of troops into position, and we only just started planning this thing a few days ago."

"That's true." Kuvira said with a nod. "Still, I'd much rather cover all our bases. I'll have the troops ready, and I'll also put you inside as incognito guards, in case the Remnant do try subterfuge."

She turned to look out the window. The sun was slowly beginning to set. "I think that's everything we need to discuss. If I were you, I'd try to relax and get some sleep. Whatever might happen, tomorrow is going to be a big day."

jaydude jaydude
(Happy New Year)

"If Remnants tried such a thing, then they'd make an enemy of all the nations in the World. Combined with what remains of the Earth states and of course the Avatar as well. Likely enemy is subterfuge as my bet," replied Li - before both she and Xiao listened to the end of that debate.

"I guess so. Same to you Kuvira, same to you," replied Li, bowing to Kuvira, before she and Xiao headed for their own personal quarters. Li carrying Yun along the way. "I guess, we can leave Yun with your mother. Hope she is up for some quality time with her grandson."

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"Yes, let's do that." Xiao said quietly.

Later on, Xiao and Li would be inside their quarters, Xiao sitting down on the edge of the bed as she looked out of the window at the setting sun, thinking of what had happened in the past, and what might happen in the future.

"The two of us...we've really been through a lot since we returned from our honeymoon, huh?" Xiao asked with a weak smile. "First the bandit attack on the city, then the train battle, then the appearance of the Remnant and the rescue of Kuvira, and then everything involving Zhu Tsao and Zaofu. And now...I don't know what's going to happen tomorrow."

jaydude jaydude

"I'll tell you what will happen. We are going to do our job and not let anything interrupt the proceeding. Too long we have left ourselves be the the play-toy of destiny," replied Li. "Now it has to end. No more fixing the stuff, that shouldn't be our problem."

"We utilize the skills we have learned, throughout our life and when we served in the Army. Then, we shall make sure this things succeeds and no jackass is going to ruin it," she spoke. "Then we are going to find jobs, settle down and start enjoying living for once. Fuck' sake - I think we have done more, than your parents did in their lifetime alone."

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"Wow, nice speech." Xiao said, though truthfully she hadn't been expecting to hear something like that from Li. "I get what you're saying. We've both done a lot for the Earth Kingdom, and I'd like to be able to not have to worry about the rest of the world too much. Though to be honest, I don't think I can remember a time when I haven't enjoyed living, even with all the recent hardships. Do you know why?"

She smiled. "Because I was able to make it through everything, and learn from all my experiences. Because after the time I spent in Kuvira's army, I discovered that I didn't mind enduring discomfort, pain and hardship for the sake of others. And because throughout everything, you were always by my side."

Overcome with her emotions, she hugged Li, resting her head on the older woman's chest. "Whatever happens tomorrow, I want you to remember that I love you, and I always will."

(Skip to the next day?)

jaydude jaydude
(Yes)

"Love ya too, my cute little minx," replied Li, hugging her back in reply.

The next day couldn't come any sooner, as neither had the energy to remain awake anyway.

Plus the trip also helped in getting them get any remaining sleep that they wanted. Such was the day leading up to the meeting - as Li and Xiao spend time with each other. Helping to dress the other.

Xiao needed aid coiling the metal wires around her body - while Li needed to have several blades and bombs attached to certain pouches.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"Well, I reckon that's everything." Xiao said, once they were both dressed up in their staff uniforms, complete with their concealed weaponry. It hadn't been as easy as perhaps it could have been; Xiao had been so nervous that her hands hadn't stopped shaking.

A knock on the door then drew her attention. Xiao called for them to come in, and Kuvira entered the room, dressed in her commander's uniform. She gave them both a brief lookover, before nodding with an expression of satisfaction.

"You look good. Anyone who doesn't know you personally isn't going to recognise you." Kuvira said. "Anyway, I've just heard from Korra. She'll be arriving here soon, along with three of the governors taking part in the negotiations. They haven't encountered any trouble, and their airships will be here shortly."

Last edited:
jaydude jaydude

"Means we have to be more on alert, for trouble on our side," replied Li, as she soon finished up her hair and soon nodded to Kuvira.

"Alright, me and Xiao are ready. If that is the case-" she said, soon her voice and tone shifting to the point - it might even confuse Kuvira. "-may you show us to our location, so we might be of service to the arriving dignitaries?"

NecroKnight NecroKnight
Kuvira gave an almost silent chuckle as Li got into character, before speaking. "For now I'll need the two of you in the reception room of the estate. All the dignitaries and other guests will be gathering there for a reception, before the negotiations get underway. You'll be going around serving them drinks and appetisers. It'll give you a chance to get close to them and check them over, although it might look a bit odd if you get too friendly with them."

"Understood." Xiao answered, and turned to Li. "You ready to do this?"

jaydude jaydude

"Of course. Us serving foreign dignitaries at an estate - almost feels like home again. Except this time, you'll be serving alongside me," giggled Li, as she soon gathered and put on her gloves - and went with Kuvira and Xiao to the reception room.

As the two of them soon got into character - as the ambassadors from the various estates started to arrive.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"I let Korra know that you're both here incognito." Kuvira said to them both as the three of them entered the reception room, which had been decorated ornately in the style of the old Earth Kingdom for this occasion, as a testament to the prosperity of Qutong and the seriousness with which it was treating these negotiations, as well as a reminder of a more peaceful time.

Xiao and Li were now bearing a plateful of drinks and a plateful of appetisers, respectively, both of which they would offer to the guests as an excuse to get close to them. They weren't the only ones keeping a vigilant eye on the proceedings however, as six earthbender guards were stationed around the edges of the room. With the floor made of smooth and shiny green stone, and the room being on the ground floor of the estate, an earthbender would have more options than a Zhuge wielder.

"I'm going to leave and keep an eye on the rest of the estate. Given my dealings with some of the governors here, my presence might lead to some...awkwardness between me and them." Kuvira said, and sure enough she left the room just as the first three governors entered it.

Of these three governors, two were men, one old and wearing traditional Earth Kingdom robes, the other middle-aged and wearing a dark green United Republic style formal suit. The third governor was a woman, also middle-aged, but wearing Earth Kingdom attire. Each of them was accompanied by a young man with the unmistakable air of a professional bodyguard; finely yet practically clothed, alert, and watchful for any threats towards their charge. All of them were unarmed - everyone entering the estate would be searched by the guards - but somehow, Xiao didn't think this would impede them in their duties.

jaydude jaydude

Li and Xiao had their own 'duties' to perform, so they kept at it with a natural finess. Only when they met - did they start to share 'gossip' between each other.

"I see that many are rather on edge here. Think they suspect anything to happen?" she asked, exchanging information with her fellow servant as would any ordinary gossiper.

Although, that was mixed in between code words for the two and keeping their eyes and ears open for anybody listening in to them.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"If so, I wouldn't blame them." Xiao replied, thinking that the Remnant would be none too happy if they discovered a rival power was rising in the Earth Kingdom.

More governors arrived, some in traditional Earth Kingdom robes, others in the more modern suits of the United Republic. Some of them had been in power since the time of the Earth Queen, while others had either been appointed to the job by Kuvira, or gotten themselves elected to the role after her defeat.

Kuvira largely stayed out of the reception, not wanting to offend anyone with her presence. On one occasion Xiao saw her talking with Suyin in a corridor near the reception room, their conversation appearing to be polite if a bit formal. She wondered if Su was remembering what Li had told her of the former Great Uniter the last time they were all in Zaofu.

Korra meanwhile made frequent appearances in the reception room between her own patrols of the estate, her blue attire making her stand out easily amongst all the green. Nearly every governor approached her at some point, either to try and curry favour with her, thank her for something she had done for their state, or give her some harsh criticism masked by polite language.

In the midst of it all, Xiao navigated her way through the crowd, serving drinks and trying to listen in on conversations, but failing to hear anything that was particularly out of the ordinary.

jaydude jaydude
(Shall I provide the act or assassins then?)

Eventually Li had directed Xiao to 'corner' the Avatar. As Korra would soon find herself served by the two servants. "Enjoy your stay here....Avatar Korra?" asked Li, in her usual tone - before changing her voice enough, in the last part to reveal her role. Likely giving the Avatar a nice surprise.

"Pardon, that the occasion was rushed so soon. But we people aren't known to wait, when trouble is brewing," she chuckled - keeping a steady face, as she appeared to simply be a servant in that moment. "So. Hear any gossip?"

NecroKnight NecroKnight
(Sure, go ahead if you want.)

Unexpectedly, Korra didn't seem surprised at the two servants in front of her revealing themselves as Xiao and Li, instead merely grinning slightly as they did so.

"Ever since I identified the two of you, I was wondering when you'd say hi." She said quietly, as she made a show of picking out a drink from Xiao's plate.

"Wait...how did you know what we looked like?" Xiao asked, looking put out at how easily their disguises had apparently been seen through.

Korra just gave a chuckle that went unnoticed in the hubbub of conversation going around them. "Your disguises are good, but I can track and detect people I know through their internal energy. How do you think I found Kuvira so quickly after she first came to this city?"

Xiao remembered the moment in question, when Korra had swooped down on her glider staff as she, Li, Baatar Jr and Kuvira were leaving the restaurant. At the time she'd wondered how the Avatar had seemed to know where they all were.

In the meantime, Korra had apparently decided on a drink, taking the glass from Xiao's plate and gently sipping from it, before looking at Li's plate as if she was considering taking something from it as well.

"Aside from stuff about fashion choices, family issues and possible elopements, I haven't really heard anything." she said while giving Li a meaningful look.

jaydude jaydude
(I think open attacks are too cliche. So...Li' time to shine)

---

"Is that so?" replied Li, looking around, then she noticed something she didn't like. So that was how they were going to play it - if they wanted old school, then Li was going to old school on them in reply. "Deep pardon, I must use the young ladies' room. Be a dear..."

As she spoke those words, she handed her tray over to Xiao - then with a quick sweep on her feet, she turned around and started walking towards one servant. "Excuse me, there is a clean-up required," she spoke, placing her hand on the man' shoulder. Him tensing up, was all that she needed - to quickly apply direct pressure to his artery. In less than five seconds, he was out cold - and Li 'caught' the poor man.

"Ugh, forgot your medicine again? This way Ju..." she muttered, making all it appear - like a man just passed out simply. Alerting none of the staff nor gathered politicians to any trouble. Korra and Xiao however would see this - and know, that trouble was in and Xiao needed to get into gear as well. They had infiltrators already inside - and where there was one, it was bound to have more.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"So...how are things in Zaofu?" Kuvira asked Suyin. Conversation was still a bit awkward and stilted for the two of them.

"It's doing okay. I'm still working on rebuilding people's trust in me. A number of important people still haven't forgiven me for not taking control of the Earth Kingdom when the Earth Queen was killed. Which really isn't good for trade, or diplomacy." Suyin replied, not looking.

"I'm sure they'll move on in time, especially now that you're helping out with...all of this." Kuvira said, before she noticed the events taking place with Li. "Excuse me." She said, making her way over with a look of concern, as Su watched her go. At the same time, when Xiao and Korra saw Li subdue the servant, they both realised something was wrong, and made their way over as quickly as they could without making a fuss.

"What's going on? What did you see?" Korra asked in a whisper.

jaydude jaydude

"Somebody replaced our old servant here," replied Li - looking at Korra, then at Kuvira whom also arrived. As she could see the man in question didn't look like any of her 'men'. "A good valet for any noble house - memories all the servant' faces and names. This one fit neither profile - plus he was acting like he was a new arrival. Despite the fact most of your men have been briefed on the delicate situation."

The way Li spoke - it seemed that she had dealt with such problems before. Xiao likely didn't know how many such agents, Li had caught during her time as her hand-maiden for Xiao' household.

"I suspect we might have some traitors in the rank, although we now are unable to call them back without alerting our hand," she sighed.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
Xiao was dismayed. How had this man managed to infiltrate their staff? And if what Li said was true, how were they supposed to deal with the others?

Korra meanwhile turned to look at Kuvira, looking like a thought had just occurred to her. "Go and check the meeting room. The governors are due to be in there in a few minutes. I don't want there to be any unpleasant surprises waiting for them."

"We've had guards watching over the entrance to that room since we last had it checked." Kuvira said.

"Then check it again. If what Li says is true, we might not be able to trust those guards, or the people who checked it earlier." Korra replied. Still looking angry over the fact that an enemy had slipped past her precautions despite her best efforts, Kuvira left.

(You can decide if she finds anything.)

"We should get him out of sight before anyone gets suspicious." Xiao said, indicating the unconscious man.

"Kuvira told me she'd checked all of the staff herself this morning. How could he have passed himself off as one of them?" Korra asked Li, but it was Xiao who answered.

"He must have broken into the estate and disguised himself as someone else after the checks took place. The question is, what what do we do now?" She asked, looking at Li.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back