• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Legend of Korra - After the War (jaydude x Necroknight)

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"Hold on. Let's get your hand fixed first." Xiao said as she picked up a first aid kit lying on the floor, looking relieved that Li had finally stepped down from her position. There was no denying that she'd done a great job, but Xiao wanted her to have a job that made her happy. And it wasn't like the state wouldn't be in safe hands.

Once the cuts were disinfected and bandaged up, Xiao and Li left the barracks, and were immediately approached by one of the soldiers.

"Kuvira asked me to tell you that if you two want, you can head back to Zaofu, and she'll finish up here."

"Thank you." Xiao said to the soldier.

jaydude jaydude

"Yes...thank you," replied Li - as she sighed a heavy relief, nodding to the soldier and soon heading off with Xiao in tow. "I guess, once Kuvira returns to Zaofu - then we can give her this. Best that Suyin knows as well - and gets used to the idea of working with her former underling again..."

---

"Well. That takes care of that problem. But we still don't know anything about what the Remnants might do," stated Baatar, watching as the remaining bandits were rounded up by the Qutong Forces or Kuvira. "So how are you doing? Eager to be back on the field?"

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"All things considered, I think Suyin and Kuvira worked quite well together." Xiao said, as the two of them walked towards a jeep.

-------

"I wouldn't say I'm eager for another problem like this to appear somewhere. But yes, it was nice to be able to have a hand in solving it, rather than just writing or talking to someone about it." Kuvira replied to her fiancé. "What about you? Did you enjoy being out in the field again?"

jaydude jaydude

"Yeah, they do. If they can just keep from being at eachother' throats all the time," replied Li. "So...I think I might honestly need to visit a water healer in Republic City....ughh....I gotta lot of baggage left in my head, that I need to fix..."

---

"Well...I know you might slap me for this, but I kinda miss tinkering," he admitted honestly. "And I mean...making things for use...I meant to tell you, it felt good being useful again..."

NecroKnight NecroKnight
The couple got into the jeep, and Xiao started to drive it back towards Zaofu. She'd learnt how to operate motor vehicles while in Kuvira's army. "Well just you remember that if you need me to help you in any way, I'll do so." She said, as they drove across the terrain, leaving the captured stronghold behind. "What sort of baggage are we talking about exactly?"

--------

"I'm not going to complain about your tinkering. After all, you and Varrick did invent a lot of useful technology for me. And I know what you mean about how good it feels to be able to help out again, or at least more than you were previously." Kuvira said as they oversaw the cleanup operation at the stronghold.

Zhu Tsao and the rest of the bandits would be loaded onto the trucks and airships that had been used to take the troops to the stronghold, and transported to Zaofu. Those troops not tasked with keeping an eye on the prisoners were searching the stronghold for anything that might be of use, as well as any bandits who still hadn't got the message.

"Regarding your tinkering, I imagine that you're going to have a lot of time to focus on that once we're back in Qutong." Kuvira said, looking at the stronghold "In fact, I heard that Li was planning to mount those crossbows of hers onto our planes."

jaydude jaydude

"Old childhood ones," replied Li, sighing in reply. If Xiao thought about it honestly - Li had come to be her hand-maiden at the age of about twelve. Before that, Li' life was a mystery itself. It seemed that whatever it had been once - that it seemed to be affecting her life now.

---

"Hmm, interesting concept. Hadn't thought of that - if that kind of mechanism could work, it might provide planes with a way to defend themselves against other planes in the air," spoke Baatar, as the two of them started also checking out the place.

"As much as I can say about bending. You can't throw rocks that high, fire would just be snapped by the wind, air is to rare and...well metalbending is good, but not when you want to fly a plane and not hit your own flying machine..."

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"Whatever your issues are, you can talk to me about them. If you don't want to, that's fine by me." Xiao said, wanting to hold her hand reassuringly, but needing both of her hands to drive the jeep. It did disturb her however that, despite being married to Li and knowing her for many years, she'd never asked her about her life before the two of them met. Still, if Li didn't want to share that information, Xiao wouldn't pry.

-------

"It certainly seems like an interesting and complex undertaking. But if anyone can make it work, you can." Kuvira said with a smile. She wasn't just saying that because Baatar was her fiancé. She knew firsthand how good he was with mechanics and technology.

jaydude jaydude

"Let's just say....that my youth wasn't always the best one...or atleast I had some issues back then, that I never resolved...or rather what made me the woman I am likely today," sighed Li, looking at Xiao with tired eyes. The years had taken their toll on Li - the woman looked like she needed a vacation in the near future. Badly. She was looking as old as Xiao' mother at the rate she was going.

---

"Stop that, your saying that cause I am married to you," he replied, leaning over to kiss her cheek. "Come on now. Let's head back to Zaofu, I think the local guard can handle things from now. With most of the major locations eliminated..."

NecroKnight NecroKnight
Xiao glanced at Li, and the sight of her looking so weary and drained almost broke her heart. Somehow, Xiao figured that her wife really needed a break away from all the stress of both her work, and the last few weeks.

"I tell you what. As soon as Kuvira's set up as commander of the guard, we'll both take a vacation. Perhaps we can take Yun with us; I don't want to have to keep leaving him behind whenever we travel somewhere. A week or two of being able to just relax will do us both a lot of good. How does that sound?"

-------

Kuvira just gave a sigh of fond exasperation at Baatar's low opinion of himself. "We're not married yet, remember. But anyway, I didn't say that just because of our relationship. Don't you remember what you've helped develop? Spirit vine weapons and the Colossus, just to name a few."

Last edited:
jaydude jaydude

"Yeah, that sounds most lovely," replied Li, smiling happily as she rested her against the seat. "Mmm, I assume we'd have some fun together too?"

---

"Yeah....not my finest achievements," he sighed. "Don't get me wrong, they were amazing pieces of technology...but..."

"I'd like to develop something this time, that could aid our Kingdoms instead of being just for destruction."

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"But of course." Xiao replied with a smile of her own, having an idea of what Li meant by the word fun, and liking the sound of it. "So, do you have any idea where you want to go?"

----------

"Well knowing you, I'm sure you'll be able to think of something." Kuvira said, as the two of them got into the jeep and drove back towards Zaofu, closely followed by the trucks carrying their prisoners.

jaydude jaydude

"Somewhere nice, peaceful and tropical. Maybe an island," she spoke - namely perhaps visiting some Fire Nation islands might do her some good - with how relatively peaceful their lands had been.

---

"Let's hope we don't have to deal with anymore bandits," groaned Baatar. "Whoever thought this what we have here is a good idea?"

Namely he meant the entire cartwheel of anarchy and chaos that was the political system of the Earth states.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"So somewhere in the Fire Nation, then." Xiao replied, thinking that it was the only place which fulfilled Li's requirements. "You want to head back to Ember Island again, or try to go somewhere more quiet, and secluded?"

-------

"Well, there's Prince Wu, Su, Korra, and some people from the United Republic, just to name a few." Kuvira said with a grin, not sure if Baatar's question was meant to be a rhetorical one. "But regardless of whatever system we decide to go with, it's going to take time to implement. It took us three years to reunite the Earth Kingdom, remember? Though admittedly things were much worse back then."

jaydude jaydude

"Anywhere is nice. As long as it doesn't have anything to ruin our vacation," she replied, humming happily at the idea.

---

"Yeah, but back then people were willing to fix it. Now it's just a pig-headed mess," replied Baatar.

"I mean, look at what we had to do?" he stated. "Sorry. Guess its just my quirk of disliking things we could easily fix if we had the guts and drive. Picked it up from you."

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"I wouldn't say no one's willing to fix it right now. The United Armed Forces are getting involved this time around, there's Korra and the Air Nation, and even Su might be willing to lend a hand." Kuvira said. "But even so, the situation here isn't nearly as bad as it used to be. Back then there were a lot more bandits, and the Avatar was stuck at the South Pole recovering from mercury poisoning. We dealt with most of the bandits over the last three years, and nowadays Korra's able to help out."

Then she sighed. "Of course, that doesn't mean we don't have new problems to deal with." That last point was a reference to all those governors, new and old, who lacked the knowledge or virtues to run their states properly. And of course, there was still the issue of the Remnant.

jaydude jaydude

"Yeah... after the problem came knocking on their door," replied Baatar.

"Plus I am not sure how well the factions can cooperate after what President Raiko tried doing to you."

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"Tell me about it. The White Lotus and the other nation leaders aren't too happy with Raiko right now. And if they know, by now the Remnant will as well." Kuvira replied. The implications were clear. Relations between the United Republic and the Remnant had been tense even before Raiko had tried to have Kuvira killed. Faced with such extreme provocation, there was no telling what the Remnant might do.

(Skip to our characters at Zaofu, or heading off on their vacation?)

jaydude jaydude
(Quick Zaofu skip)

"Yeah, let us hope that the situation will cool down and no drastic measures are taken for something that might not happen," agreed Baatar - as the two of them arrived at Zaofu about an hour later. There they met Li and Xiao - both whom were dressed in more civilian attire.

Namely Li had asked Suyin to be there as well for the 'occasion'. Li didn't waste much time, before stepping upto Kuvira. "Kuvira. I ain't much for talks, so anywho. Good luck on your new job...Commander," replied Li, handing her the metal insignia for the title.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"You really want me to have this job? Right now?" Kuvira asked, looking surprised. It had been vaguely understood that she would take over the position one day, but she hadn't expected it to come this soon.

"Well, we are going to have to formalize everything when we get back home, but yes, we do. We know firsthand that you can do it, and outside of the family, we can't think of anyone better to entrust the security of our state to. So the job's yours, if you want it." Xiao answered.

Kuvira smiled, and took the badge from Li. "In that case I accept the position. And I give you my word that neither of you will regret it. Qutong will be safe under my watch."

Suyin had been quiet during the whole scene, giving Kuvira that look of subdued hostility, and now the new Commander of the Qutong guard turned to her. "I promise you that you've nothing more to fear from me, Su. And aren't you the one who always believes in second chances?"

"Don't worry about it, Kuvira. I don't plan to eat my words. When it's necessary, I'll try and work with you as best as I can." Suyin replied in a cool tone.

jaydude jaydude

"Don't worry mother, I promise to keep an eye on her this time," replied Baatar - trying to say something to make her mother reaffirm her trust in Kuvira. While Suyin was graceful enough to offer her own son a chance to change his ways - the same couldn't be cut with Kuvira...yet.

"Plus, better to keep her occupied with something than sit around doing nothing," he added.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
At the words of her son, Suyin turned her attention to him, now looking like she was on the verge of tears.

"Even with everything that's happened between me and Kuvira, I'm not going to try and stop the two of you from being together. Just...write to me every now and then, would you? And don't do anything you might regret in the future."

Before anyone could say anything that might push her past the breaking point, she turned around and headed towards her study. Xiao and Kuvira weren't sure whether they should follow her, or whether that would just make things worse.

jaydude jaydude

Li looked rather worried - as she followed after the woman, worried that what she had done might have made life for Suyin harder or not. She nevertheless stopped behind her study and gently knocked on the door. "Suyin. May I speak with you?" she asked.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"Li? Fine, come on in." Suyin's voice said from within the study. Upon entering the room, Li would see that Suyin was sat down and hunched over her desk, her head bent forward with both her hands on her temples. Her eyes were closed, her teeth were gritted, and she was breathing heavily with stress and frustration.

"What is it, Li?" Suyin asked coldly.

jaydude jaydude

"Wanted to talk," replied Li - walking over to the woman, namely she walked over to the window - opening it a bit to let some of the air in to help cool her down. Li understood that Suyin was under a lot of pressure at this moment - so instead of talking about Kuvira, she used a different tactic - one meant to easily calm people and put them into an easier state of mind. Namely talking about one' own problem.

"...we've been allies for some time now...but I suspect you hardly know anything of me, beyond what I did and whom I was. On a hunch, tell me this - do you think I am nobility?" she asked, trying to get Suyin to talk and out of her cold shell.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
Suyin looked up from the desk, and her expression of surprise would tell Li that the question she had asked was not what the Metal Clan matriarch had been expecting to hear.

"Why would I think that? From what I know of you, you were Xiao's handmaiden before the two of you joined up with Kuvira." she replied, her own troubles briefly forgotten as she wondered where Li was going with this line of questioning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back