• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Legend of Korra - After the War (jaydude x Necroknight)

jaydude jaydude

"You realize why I do this - you know why I hate your kind. What the same people, whom instead of helping to rebuild destroyed everything - did to Qutong?" she asked, her voice as stern and calm as her own. "Now, I have come here for one last chance for you and those inside."

"Surrender now. Do that, and you can atleast be given a fair trial - and lesser sentence and eventually your freedom to rebuild your lives that don't involve stealing from those who work hard for a future," stated Li.

"Let me make one thing clear Zhu Tsao. I am only doing this, due to the fact both of us served under General Kuvira. This I am making here. Isn't about our safety...its about yours;" she said, in a rather dark tone. "The safety of Qutong is my greatest duty. Your attacking of Zaofu jeopardizes our trade and economy with it and stability in the region."

"This surrender isn't about sparing our men...its about sparing the people under your own," she spoke. "Once I leave, the attack will come - and I will warn you, that it won't be neither pleasant or good. Surrender on your terms, or surrender on our own. Which one will you choose?"

NecroKnight NecroKnight
Zhu Tsao said nothing for several seconds, instead continuing to stare down at Li from the wall, deliberately trying to build up the tension. She took one of her glaives from her belt and used her metalbending to make it hover and spin slowly above her open hand, turning her gaze onto the spinning blade as she rested an arm on the parapet, until she finally decided to speak.

"I was part of the group who attacked your city a few weeks ago." She began, no longer deigning to look at Li, as if the commander was a mere speck of dirt on the floor. "Of course, back then I was merely a lieutenant, rather than a leader. You offered us a chance to retreat when it became clear that we were outmatched, but tell me, did you allow us to leave in peace?"

She let the glaive fall, grabbing it out of the air as it began to drop, before turning to look at Li. "No, you sent your bombers after us. Even after we chose to go, your forces continued to ravage and devastate us. Do you honestly expect me to believe that you'll let us live if we give in? Because I don't."

Then she leaned forward and smiled teasingly. "Besides, if there's one thing I've found out from my time in Kuvira's army, it's that I really like having power."

jaydude jaydude

"Then...you can choke on it," replied Li, tapping the hood and they soon drove off. As they were at a reasonable distance, she had fired the flare.

With that signal her bombers were in the air and at an altitude which Zhu Tsao couldn't reach. One in position, they released their payload.

If one were expecting bombs then one would erect an Earth slab above them. Sadly, this wasn't explosive - as soon as the bombs hit they released their yellow payload.

Li pulled on a mask to shield from it's effects, even this far - in fear of the wind shifting direction. For the bandits at the stronghold - they would be forced to cough uncontrollably, while their eyes would water as well. Blinding them and making them barely able to fight.

Li wasn't kidding when she had mentioned of surrender - and now they were choking on it.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
After allowing a minute for the gas to take an effect, Kuvira, Suyin, Wei, Wing and Xiao - all of them wearing gas masks - led a small group of masked troops towards the walls of the stronghold. The five used their earthbending to open up a gap in the wall, before charging inside, followed by their troops. What few bandits they could see within the clouds of gas were on their knees, coughing uncontrollably with tears in their eyes. They were quickly restrained with platinum cuffs and led out of the base by the troops.

"There's a lot less bandits here than I would have expected." Kuvira called out, her voice distorted by the mask. On an impulse, Suyin used her seismic sense, before turning to the others.

"You were right, Kuvira. There's a small network of underground tunnels below us. The remaining bandits must be taking shelter down there."

"Then I say we start digging them up." Kuvira said, before turning to Li. "How do you wish to proceed?"

jaydude jaydude

"We either gas them or flood them out. Going down to fight on their terms will only get more people killed of our own," stated Li. She had given them peace and opportunity to surrender - they spat on it and we're eager to continue their reign of pillaging still.

"No more playing by their rules. We make our own."

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"If we can use our earthbending to dig down to the lowest levels of their base, do you think we could release the gas there? It would advance upwards through the tunnels, and they'd be forced to the surface." Xiao said, having understood Li's logic.

"No such luck. All they'd have to do is use their earthbending to seal up the tunnels, and the gas would go no further." Kuvira answered. "We'd have to send our own earthbenders in to open them back up."

"Then I say we do just that. Set the gas off in their lower levels, and Wei, Wing and I will ensure it spreads through the tunnels." Suyin said, looking determined.

"If that's our plan, I'm coming with you." Kuvira stated. Suyin's posture suggested that she was going to disagree, but then strategy won out over her grudge towards Kuvira, and she made no protest.

jaydude jaydude

"It doesn't matter if you set it up above or below..." replied Li. "They need air sometime - and even earthbending can't seal off all the holes - if they want air they will get the gas as well."

She then ordered for them to make several holes into the deep earth - so they could first detonate some gas-bombs near the surface before moving downward and detonating the gas from below.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
On Li's orders, Xiao, Kuvira, the Beifongs and the other Earthbenders among the attackers began using their bending to dig and tunnel their way down to the base's underground layers. Before long, there were several holes leading down into the earth, all of them reaching the topmost layer of tunnels, and the stronghold looked like a playing ground for a group of baby badgermoles.

No more bandits had been spotted. Either they were still hiding from the attackers, or they were trying to retreat further into the base's depths. Over the radio, Kuvira ordered those troops still outside the stronghold to set a perimeter around it, in case any bandits attempted to tunnel their way out.

jaydude jaydude

"Do you guys feel anything below?" asked Li, looking at Kuvira then Xiao and Suyin.

At this rate the bandits would run out of air before the gas reached and she didn't plan on going chasing them around their hideout.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
Suyin did another seismic scan, and her expression became worried. "They're tunneling upwards, underneath the walls. I think they're trying to break out."

No sooner had she said that than there were several explosions from outside the walls of the stronghold, as within the perimeter Kuvira had set up, large amounts of earth were blasted out of the ground, with groups of bandits emerging from each of the holes that they had created.

The troops outside the walls soon charged towards them, assaulting them with earthbending and crossbow bolts as soon as they were in range. In response, the bandits used their bending to create earthen barriers against which their enemies' projectiles harmlessly bounced off, before launching their own earthbending attacks. The troops were soon forced to dig in to avoid the barrage, bending barricades and trenches for themselves.

If those within the walls were able to have a look at what was going on, they would see that with each side having its own rudimentary fortifications, they were both at a stalemate for now. But on the other hand, the bandits no longer had to worry about air.

jaydude jaydude

Commander Li soon removed her gas mask, so she'd be heard better than the others. Despite the fact it might leave her vunerable to the gas.

"Zhu Tsao! I warned you before! Your now just delaying the inevitable. Surrender this instant before any more blood will be spilled!" she spoke.

---

(Also watched this)

(Interesting take. Which made me think of this Li for United Republic president =P)

NecroKnight NecroKnight
(Afraid I wasn't able to get through the entire video. Could you please summarise?)

"If you really want to end it, then come and get me!" Zhu Tsao shouted back at Li from one of the holes the bandits had made. Right after she said that, Kuvira launched herself over the wall with her earthbending, before sliding on her feet towards the hole the bandit leader was in. She once again wielded those infamous strips of metal she'd used in the past, and she shot those out at Zhu Tsao and the other bandits as she approached. Each strip wrapped around the neck of one of the bandits, and once all of them were snagged, Kuvira used her bending to lift all the bandits off their feet, turn them upside down, and slam them headfirst into the ground with enough force to knock them out. Within seconds of attacking it, Kuvira had taken one of the bandit positions.

Zhu Tsao had managed to escape Kuvira's onslaught, running back into the tunnel her men had made. As the Zaofu and Qutong troops moved up to secure the position, Kuvira made a spur of the moment decision, and used her earthbending to burrow down into the tunnel, emerging from its roof a few meters behind the retreating Zhu Tsao. She threw a few more metal strips at the other woman, but each one missed, and the former Great Uniter took off in pursuit of the bandit leader.

Last edited:
jaydude jaydude
(United Republic being a rogue state - cause it didn't ask permission to change it's Constitution from the Earth Kingdom whom controlled it in the first place. Raiko having near dictatorial powers and being a dumbass in ruling it)

---

Li didn't waste any time and quickly went after her as well. Her mode on running similar to that if an acrobat - as she jumped over the debris or went over it.

She didn't plan on letting Kuvira deal with the bandit 'queen' alone.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
(Fair point about Raiko, but we didn't exactly see firsthand how it was formed. For all we know, either every nation bar the Earth Kingdom gave their permission, or they made some concessions in exchange for the Earth Queen's approval.

Zhu Tsao and Kuvira would soon pull ahead of Li, using their earthbending to take shortcuts through the entirely underground base. When Li caught up to them, Zhu Tsao's wrists and ankles were bound together with rope, and Kuvira was carrying her unconscious form on her shoulder. There was rubble all around them, a sure sign of an earthbending battle.

"Don't worry. I got her." Kuvira said to Li with a smile, panting slightly from her recent exertions. "She hasn't been metalbending for nearly as long as I have. Let's get her up to the surface and finish this battle."

Kuvira made another tunnel up to the surface, outside of the stronghold walls and soon after they emerged, Xiao came running over to them. She'd taken off her gas mask, which was now hanging from her belt, and her hair was ruffled from the fighting.

"Li. Kuvira. We've taken out a lot of the bandits, but the rest have retreated back underground. For now, we've just sealed up the tunnels again." Xiao said, before she recognized the body Kuvira was carrying and breathed a sigh of relief. With Zhu Tsao captured, she'd be no more of a threat, and her men might finally give up.

jaydude jaydude
(Well the original settlement was made by the agreement of the Avatar, Zuko and Earth Kuei)

(But how the Earth Queen was acting, I guess they gave her the middle finger. Still what you think? Li for President?)

---

"Perhaps, keep them constantly active. Fault lines into the ground - don't give them any chance to recover," spoke Li.

"Best we deal with this permanently then let them recover again. As for Zhu Tsao here - let's interrogate her for information and see what she has."

NecroKnight NecroKnight
(You can try, although it'll be a few years before elections are held.)

Kuvira dropped Zhu Tsao on the ground and radioed Li's orders to the rest of the troops, before turning back to the captured bandit. Suyin also came over, no doubt wanting to participate in the questioning of the one who'd caused her city so much trouble.

While she was unconscious, Zhu Tsao's ropes were changed for platinum cuffs, and with a splash of water she was conscious again. She shook her head, and took stock of the fact that she was bound, and surrounded by four women with a very low opinion of her right now.

Kuvira pulled her up onto her knees, and stepped back to allow Li to ask the first question.

jaydude jaydude
(After what Raiko has done...might be sooner =P)

"Warned you didn't I? I thought you'd know by now Zhu Tsao - that I take anything that threatens Qutong' security with absolute reprisal," she spoke - before pushed Zhu Tsao down onto the ground - her boot on the woman' chest. To show her that Li meant business.

"Now talk. Tell me everything. You lie, or start giving us trouble - I got ways of making you talk," spoke Li - showing a very, very dark side of herself to the other three women. As she soon removed her foot from the struggling woman. "Now then...why did you do this?"

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"Why did I do what? You're going to have to be more specific with your line of questioning." Zhu Tsao replied from her position on the floor, before giving Li a mocking smile. She was then pushed none too gently into a sitting position by a small lump of earth rising from the ground, courtesy of Suyin's earthbending.

"Let's start with you and your gang deciding to go after Zaofu's trade supplies, shall we?" Suyin asked as she glared down at the bandit, who looked away as she sat against the lump of rock.

"Why do you think? We needed food and fuel supplies. We were in the area, and we knew that Zaofu and the surrounding lands weren't as secure as they used to be, given recent events. Kuvira took the security force over three years ago, then she took the platinum domes a few months ago, and from what I've heard, the Beifong name isn't exactly popular around the Earth Kingdom nowadays, so we figured that no-one would come to help you. Not surprising, considering how little you helped out when the queen kicked the bucket."

The mocking grin was back on Zhu Tsao's face as she finished off this speech. Suyin snarled, and launched the bandit into the air with another earthbent pillar, causing her to crash down hard onto her shoulder, crying in pain as she landed. Still, she managed to get back onto her knees, though not without coughing up a mouthful of blood.

"Attacking me doesn't change the fact that you messed up a long time ago." Zhu Tsao said, still with that smile, albeit no longer directed at Suyin.

jaydude jaydude
(A bit dark)

"Alright then," spoke Li - having her subordinate hand her his pouch of water. As Li pushed her down onto the ground, pulling a handkerchief from her pocket that she covered Zhu' face with. Then without patting an eye - starting pouring water down on her face. In essence, torturing the woman infront of the other three.

"Do we look like in the mood to joke?" spoke Li - in a rather calm tone, continuing to drown the woman but also not. Keeping her down, as she tried to escape and thrash. "Now talk. Did the Remnants sent you? Did you decide to do this yourself? Why are you still going at this, when this would be your likely fate?"

When she ran out of water, she asked for another and continued on. Right up to the point, that she'd have her hand grasped by one of her own men - with metal wires. This...was going way too far. As Li let go of Zhu Tsao - leaving the woman to cough and suffer in her pain.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
(No problems there. :) )

"Li, that's enough!" Kuvira shouted angrily as it began to look like Li was waterboarding Zhu Tsao for the fun of it, while Suyin and Xiao were watching the scene aghast.

Once Li was stopped by the soldier, Kuvira ran forward and yanked the cloth of Zhu Tsao's face, which prompted a lot of gasping and coughing up of water from the bandit before she could speak again.

"What are you, some sort of sadist?! You didn't even ask me a question then!" Zhu Tsao gasped, half outraged and half horrified by what she had just been forced to endure.

"Like she said, we're not in the mood for jokes. Now answer the questions, or I'll waterboard you." Kuvira said, not the least bit sympathetic. The site of torture didn't bother her, but improper interrogation technique did. Xiao meanwhile was no longer watching any of the scene.

"Don't worry. I'll talk." Zhu Tsao said, sounding mentally broken. "No-one hired me to attack Zaofu. I've been my own boss ever since I took over the gang following our attack on Qutong. And quite honestly, I wasn't expecting to ever get caught by you guys. I figured that we'd either be able to fight you off, or at the very least I'd be able to escape."

jaydude jaydude

"Then perhaps, you could ask your friends to surrender peacefully?" asked Baatar Jr, whom had arrived just now to help carry the bandits away. "Miss Tsao. We don't have to act like savages here. Help us and we help you."

"At least Zaofu can offer a fair trial and a chance to reintegration into society," he spoke, looking at Kuvira with a sight that told her. Namely he wanted no back-talk from her on this.

As namely he had experienced a tiny amount of torture himself, back in Republic City. It was cruel and in the end, people would do or say anything to make the pain stop.

He was playing the 'good-cop' in this situation but it was better than forcing people by pain to give in.

As he let Zhu Tsao contemplate that idea, he went over to Xiao Dongmei and spoke to her. "Go find your wife...I believe she is tearing up the local barracks here out of anger for her act," he said to Xiao. As it was, Li was doing such that - angry at Zhu and angry at herself for sinking so low with her act.

NecroKnight NecroKnight
Kuvira didn't say anything. Whatever happened in Zaofu was no longer her business. After Xiao left to find Li, the others turned to the issue of the bandits. With Zhu Tsao's capture, it didn't take longer for all the survivors to surrender, and they came out of the tunnels to be cuffed.

"We'll take custody of all of them. It's a small price to pay for them no longer causing trouble for Zaofu." Suyin said to Kuvira, who nodded in acceptance. "And...thank you for all your help, Kuvira." she then added. Though relations between them were still worse than they could have been, there was the unmistakable sound of gratitude in her voice.

Kuvira looked surprised to hear this, but she quickly recovered. "You're welcome, Su."

Meanwhile, Xiao would eventually find Li after a period of searching.

jaydude jaydude

The woman honestly...looked a mess. She had demolished the former barracks even further. Which the elements and years hadn't finished.

Her hand was slightly bloodied as well. As Li didn't turn to look at who entered. She just knew when Xiao was near.

"I hated her. That smirk she carried, the fact - that she caused suffering and pain. That we couldn't do anything to her..." spoke Li. "I hate them for that. As they always have an excuse...for doing what they did..."

"...so I hurt her... I enjoyed it... seeing her suffering...seeing the pain caused returned to her..." she sighed, before she rose from her seat. Looking out the window. "I... can't do this anymore..."

"... I have compromised my dignity... I can't judge fairly...if I could do that...outside..." she said. "... I understand...if you think less of me... I would be disgusted at myself too..."

NecroKnight NecroKnight
"If it's any consolation, the fact that you're not proud of what you did makes you a better person in my book." Xiao said, walking up and placing a hand on Li's shoulder.

"And honestly, I get why you'd want a little revenge, I really do. I want to see all these bandits either killed or locked away for the rest of their lives, after what they've done to our home and the rest of the Earth Kingdom. But the sad truth is that taking revenge won't change what happened in the past." She gave a sad sigh at this.

"What I'm trying to say is...I don't think any less of you for what you did. Though if I were you, I wouldn't torture someone just for the heck of it. At least ask them a question first." She added with a grin.

jaydude jaydude

"Perhaps...but I still feel, that if I continue like this...I might end up not better than the former Earth Queen," spoke Li.

"Still... I think this might be my final mission. As shown, our new one is doing pretty well and has a decent spouse to limit them like me," she said, before letting Xiao remove the Commander Insignia from her plate.

"Let's go find Kuvira..."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back