• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Legacy Pollentia Overview

Natealie

A Mask of Nyarlathotep
Many years ago, there was a great tragedy resulting in the loss of millions of lives. But the reason for this tragedy was the most disturbing part. It was because the heroes of our world were so good at doing their job that it upset the balance between good and evil. In order to even it out, something horrible had to occur.

After The Tragedy, the United Nations founded the SCALES organization and tasked them with helping to keep the balance between good and evil. To do this, Alkaid founded Legacy Academy, a school which would provide instruction for those who had obtained supernatural abilities. For this academy, a man made island was built. This was the Isle of Pollentia, and from it sprung up a mega city.

This is not just a story about an academic life of young superheroes and villains however. No, this is a story also about the ten secret societies which also live on the island, and the power struggles between then all as each tries to achieve their goals.

Welcome to Legacy Pollentia, what I would describe as a RP with a lot of, well ideas. I am Natealie, and while this is the first RP that I am hosting on RPN, it is far from my first crack at this. I have roleplayed in my life for as long as I can remember, and I have been a tabletop Game Master for several years now. This is just another way for me to express what I love doing, which is creating stories and sharing them with others. I certainly hope that you enjoy your time with us.

We have a Discord server as well. If you wish to join it simply message me and I shall provide you with the means to access it.

Anyway, now to go over a few rules. This was a list complied by myself and several of my trusted friends who are also members of this rp.

1) No godmodding, autohitting/powerplaying/bunnying, or metagaming.

Godmodding is defined here as when a character can do basically anything without limits or boundaries.

Autohitting, powerplaying, and bunnying are not giving a roleplay partner a chance to respond in a scenario, and also controlling the actions of a character that is not your own. For example, attacking their character and assuming that it will hit, so typing in your post that it already hit.

Metagaming though is what I personally care the most about. This is having your character act on knowledge that they player knows but that they themselves do not know. As a Game Master, this one upsets me the most. If you do this, expect to be asked to edit your post.

If you are guilty of any of these, anyone can message me to let me know. You will be requested to edit the offending post. If you continue to do this however, other actions will have to be taken to stop the problem.

2) The GM's word is final. They reserve the right to remove anyone at any time.

I absolutely reserve this right. If you attempt to do something horrible even if it is technically not covered by the rules, I can still kick you.

3) Be nice.

This one should go without saying.

4) No killing anyone without their permission.

This one ALSO should go without saying.

5) If you want to drop the RP or take a break from it, tell the GM. Otherwise you won't be allowed back without extremely good reasoning.

I am very reasonable with this and am willing to work with you. If you leave on good terms then you are always welcome back.

6) If you're inactive for a week, expect to be skipped and contacted. After 2 weeks with no explanation, expect to be ejected.

I am not so reasonable with this one. If you hold up the RP you will earn my ire and lose my sympathy. If there is a legitimate reason however, please let me know and you will be permitted to rejoin if you time out, or we will be able to work something out.

7) Try to get at least two paragraphs (~five sentences each) per post. More is great, but try to avoid overdoing it.

The keyword here is try. In a perfect world we would be able to write entire novels with literally no time or effort. As long as your post moves the story along and thoughtfully responds to the posts before you in a way that is deemed satisfactory, you're generally good. Do not abuse this however. If you frequently post in a way that your partners do not find satisfying, talks will be had.

8) The GM reserves the right to alter the rules at any time.

This is so that I can respond to things that I did not think of at the time of creating the rules.

Anyway, that's the basics here. I sincerely hope that you enjoy your time in Legacy Pollentia.

Last edited:
On Secret Societies
As mentioned before, there are several secret societies which are constantly vying to complete their own goals. Each society provides a unique advantage to joining them. Here I will detail the basics of each. I will go into much more depth later with the lore bits for each society, but for now these are the basics.

Name: The Illuminati

Grandmaster: Azoth

Azoth Grandmaster of Advancement.jpg

Mission: Manipulate the world from behind the scenes to help keep progress moving forward.

Advantage: Aethertech. Aethertech devices are technology that uses aether in its' design. Aether is a kind of magical fuel that the Illuminati can produce and has a monopoly on. Any device that makes use of aether is extremely optimal. Essentially, they will give you the best gadgets.

Name: The Akasha Librarium

Grandmaster: Hermes

Hermes Grandmaster of Apocrypha.jpg

Mission: To attain all of the knowledge in the world.

Advantage: You can learn spells. You however must provide knowledge of equal value relative to the spell that you wish to learn in order to gain access to it. Knowledge for knowledge.

Name: The Storyteller's Union

Grandmaster: Nathaltlia Sleshanti (Natalie Slash)

Nathaltlia Sleshanti Grandmaster of Stories.jpg

Mission: To experience life to the fullest and to collect an archive of stories.

Advantage: You gain access to the Hivemind. It's like having Discord installed in your brain. This enables near instant communication with anyone else within the Hivemind, but since it operates like Discord it still has measures in place to protect your privacy from the other members of the Hivemind.

Name: The Masked Company

Grandmaster: Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep Grandmaster of Anarchy.jpg

Mission: To be free from all restrictions and be able to fully express one's desires.

Advantage: A Mask of Nyarlathotep. When put on it can only be taken off by the one who put it on or the wearer. When wearing it it becomes impossible to be recognized, even if it should be obvious who you are.

Name: The Dawn Familia

Grandmaster: Donna Lisa

Donna Lisa Grandmaster of the Underworld.jpg

Mission: To advance themselves and their members, even at the expense of others.

Advantage: This is a paying job. You receive an income. You can also put out hits on others, though these are not always for murder. They can be used to have jobs done for you.

Name: The Collective of Evos

Grandmaster: Dr. Genos

Dr. Genos Grandmaster of Progress.jpg

Mission: To reach our greatest potential through evolution and body modification, and to create the ultimate lifeform.

Advantage: Augmentations tailored to your specific strengths and abilities.

Name: Team Rust

Grandmaster: Keiko Kujo

Keiko Kujo Grandmaster of Rebellion.jpg

Mission: To make themselves known and to do what it takes to survive.

Advantage: Backup. Members of Team Rust see themselves as a family and will always be willing to help out another member however they can. If you pick a fight with one member of Team Rust, you're actually picking a fight with every member of Team Rust in the general vicinity.

Name: The Kroshin Morgue

Grandmaster: Chernobog

Chernobog Grandmaster of Undeath.jpg

Mission: To attain immortality and be freed from all fear.

Advantage: Undeath. If you die you will instead become a zombie, preventing you from actually dying.

Name: The Jumper's Militia

Grandmaster: General Kira Croixair

Kira Croixair Grandmaster of Karma.jpg

Mission: To protect the world from evil through vigilante work from the shadows.

Advantage: The ability to fast travel. This is done through use of Kira's ability.

Name: The Mythos Exchange

Grandmaster: Iasis

Iasis Grandmaster of Harmony.jpg

Mission: To bring the world closer together through mutual understanding.

Advantage: If you join this then you will have an extremely good reputation, and all npcs will know it.

If you have any questions about a specific society then please let me know. I'm happy to answer any questions.

Until otherwise noted The Akasha Librarium, Illuminati, Masked Company, Collective of Evos, and Kroshin Morgue will operate autonomously. This may be subject to change in the future though in response to player count, plot events, or some other reason.

Last edited:
Lore Bit 001 (Legacy Academy)
Seventy-five years ago there was a great tragedy in our world. This was not due to a great evil however. The truth hurts even more. This was due to a lack of evil in the world. In our world there exists a balance between the aspects of good and evil. If this balance is tipped too far then bad shit starts to happen. This is what happened all those years ago, and as a result of this Scales, a branch of the U.N. dedicated to preserve this balance between good and evil, was formed. I was put in charge of it due to my accomplishments in the past, and now I am the headmaster of the Academy. At this academy we teach children with supernatural abilities how to use them for either good or evil. Upon graduation students of the Hero program are given recommendations for places to begin their work as heroes and to help out the world. Those graduating the villain class however have all records of their abilities and themselves destroyed unless otherwise requested. They are let loose on the world to do whatever they wish. It sucks, but it is what must be done to preserve the balance.

This is a four year program, with dorms on site. We do not only teach heroics and villainy, but any other course that you can imagine. After all, these children are our future, so enabling them to learn whatever they wish is very important. We do not know what they desire to use out in the world, so we must be prepared to give them anything that they need. Extracurricular activities are encouraged and I personally am proud of the programs that we have for them. If you can dream it, we probably offer it. And if we don’t we will soon!

The dorms are split up by gender and track, meaning that there is one for each gender for heroes, one for each gender for villains, and one for each gender for the unaligned. There are also all of your standard facilities such as an infirmary, a dining hall, and the typical fare for boarding schools. Except this is the absolute best that money can buy. With enough persuasion I was able to convince the U.N. to provide these. After all, this is for the future of our world. At least that’s what I told them. I just didn’t want to buy them myself. And everything worked out for me in the end!

There is also an undecided track. This is for those who wish to better learn how to use their abilities but not necessarily choose a side. This is much more recent though, as there was not always a track for neutral students at the school. It was added around thirty years ago to comply with the demand for a program for those who just wanted to live a normal life. In my opinion, the more the merrier.

There is much more to say about my academy, but some things are best left to experience. Hopefully you will decide to come experience it all yourself, or at least just come and visit.

- Alkaid

Users who are viewing this thread

Back