• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Legacy Pollentia Application

Natealie

A Mask of Nyarlathotep
Dear prospective student,

I would like to extend a welcome to you on behalf of Legacy Academy and the Isle of Pollentia. I am Alkaid, the Headmistress of Legacy Academy. We are excited for your interest and hope to see you on campus. Enclosed with this letter is our student application form. There is no application fee, so feel free to send it in without fear of charge. We wish you luck in your application process and I personally hope that I will be able to see you at Legacy Academy, where dreams are forged.

Sincerely,

Alkaid (Night Star)

Legal Name: (Last, First, Middle, and any suffixes. Only type what applies.)

Nicknames: (If applicable.)

Appearance: (You can describe them or use a picture. This rp is fine with faceclaims.)

Birthday:

Prospective Class: (Either Hero, Villain, or Unaligned.)

Any Planned Extracurricular Activities: (If you know which secret society you want to belong to, if any, put it here. If not you can put down any clubs or anything else you want to have your character be a part of.)

Describe Yourself: (A description of your character's personality, interests, ambitions, and other sorts of things that are relevant to your character.)

Give us a Brief History of Yourself: (Your character's backstory goes here.)

Describe your Ability: (Describe your character's ability if any. This should include origin, if your character knows it, and sample applications of the ability.)

Limitations of your Ability: (Describe the limits of your character's ability.)

What do you want to get our of your experience here at Legacy Academy: (Answer in character.)

(Note, if you wish to play a character that is not a student that is fine, just let me know beforehand so that we can discuss it. Thank you.)

Last edited:
Legal Name: Layton, Erin, Curtis

Nicknames: Shade, Though I would prefer you refrain from calling me by this name. It's meant for close friends

Appearance: I'm about 5'11, Got short Brown hair Blue eyes. I've got some tan from a few trips but it isn't much.

Birthday: I was born on April 10 1998

Prospective Class: Currently I am unaligned. Don't really know what to go with at the moment

Any Planned Extracurricular Activities: (If you know which secret society you want to belong to, if any, put it here. If not you can put down any clubs or anything else you want to have your character be a part of.) Storytellers Union stories need to be found.

Describe Yourself: (A description of your character's personality, interests, ambitions, and other sorts of things that are relevant to your character.) Who I am as a person? Well I take things in stride. I never focus on what's in the past. Except for where do we go from those events. I will certainly help other people but in a more passive way. I suggest stuff and never say you should do something. And I never act without reason. Everything I do has a reason.And I love games.

Give us a Brief History of Yourself: (Your character's backstory goes here.) Well standard super stuff here. When I was a kid I suddenly dissapeared from my moms sight when we were walking. I popped up a couple of streets over. That was the first case of my powers showing up. From there she got worried about me and started trying to figure it out. And that's what brought me here.

Describe your Ability: My ability? I can say how it functions but I don't know the details but I can hop from shadow to shadow. Think of it like teleporting but more based on shadows. And I don't really know how it works. For me it just happens.

Limitations of your Ability: (Describe the limits of your character's ability.) My powers lose accuracy after 100 feet. At first the deviation is small. Say me being a good 7 or 8 feet away from my destination. However the moment I hit miles is when I stopped testing. Very long story that.

What do you want to get our of your experience here at Legacy Academy: (Answer in character.) I want to figure out how these powers work. Heck maybe not mine alone. I just want to figure out where these powers come from. And why is it that mine are what they are. That is what I want out of this.

Legal Name: Hikea, Kaiko, M.

Nicknames: N/A

Appearance:

Human form;

2lbkl7d.jpg

Dragon form;

tumblr_o8b5ijUZIX1s4sbs4o1_1280.jpg

Birthday: January 1st.

Prospective Class: Unaligned.

Any Planned Extracurricular Activities: The Jumper's Milita.

Describe Yourself:
I believe, per as my mentor taught me, that you should not hesitate in putting the true monsters in their place; or even killing them, if neccessary. I do not have many lofty ambitions... The most I want in life is to live happily; and truly to myself. I love fairy tales; even if I know they may not come true.

Give us a Brief History of Yourself:
She was born to a not so big family in a city that was small but, admittedly, not too small somewhere on the coast. Her parents cherished her, her siblings seemed to have mix feelings, but everything was happy, even with her body freezing down to the core, due to what doctors labeled as some sort of illness... but deep down there was a true reason to the chill.

Not everything could be happy for the little girl, though. They were going to a routine doctor’s visit for her "problem", just a check-up, but as they were coming home, all she could remember is the arms of her mother protectively grasping onto her small frame, and then the sound of screeching and a smash ringing in her ears.

She remembered the sirens, even if she could not open her eyes to see the flashing lights. She remembered the pain, and the terrible news that she had awoken to from her coma, to hear that her mother had died and that she would be shipped to her aunt. Little did they know, she was abused by said aunt, left to die within a barn, scarred with wounds around her form. That was when the girl decided that she’d run away from this hell. There was a snow storm- and with only rags on her back, the nine year old took the chance, adventuring out into the white blizzard.

The child was claimed missing for 24 hours — thought dead as 48 passed by. Little did the search team know that she was picked up by a strange man, who taught the girl how to fight, taught her who she really was. She learned how to be a killer by the age of 13, training alongside an odd blond fellow but at age 15, she was dismissed, walked away from the teacher of war due to his philosophies upon the evil people of the world, but he told them a warning before they parted —

There are good people, there are bad people, but keep yourself in between. Keep friends close, but enemies closer and most of all…

Never hesitate in killing the true monsters.

She walked her way to the old city she called her true home, finding herself found by a man she might as well considered family with a canine of shadows that seemed so familiar. It was then, she was truthfully returned to a normal life — well, as normal as it could get for someone who found out that they were of the supernatural.

The girl acts like just an ordinary girl, a student with no clue about the world outside... but at night, she is a whisper in the dark that ends the lives of those whom try to harm the civilians, the HUNTERS and MONSTERS whom have doomed themselves as they have craved for the blood of the innocent.

Maybe one day she can get all of her family to understand besides just her uncle Minoru, who covers for her as well as lets her work at a little bar on the off side of town, where mythical creatures come to hear news and play human for those whom don’t know about their existence….

Describe your Ability:
Meta Sangue are very elemental based, though most are only able to master one element as it is a large struggle to do any other ones, especially the opposite of what they were born with. Alike their scales, their element is not based on gene. Instead, it seems to be their soul that has the element within it.

Fire ( Weak to water ) are of the feisty type that have ‘pride issues'. They also seem to understand some of the hardest problems that people face.

Shadow.

Unlike elements, light and shadow are two different magic types that are based on the genes of the parents.

shadows;;

used for summons, transportation and binding ( better classified as offensive ) but, can blind and freeze light magic users.

Limitations of your Ability:
Transformations.
It is a very painful process. Imagine breaking a bone. Now imagine every bone in your body is basically breaking all in the matter of a minute. While some have complete control of when they transform, others may not have the luxury and their emotions can cause them to change.
Another thing that meta sangue have to keep in mind is that when they transform, they can not immediately jump into action without straining ( or even breaking ) bones and muscle due to the extreme stress that they put their body through with transforming.

What do you want to get our of your experience here at Legacy Academy:

I, personally, hope to obtain enough knowledge to protect those I care about; no matter who they may be. I also hope to enjoy my stay here. I would be sorely disappointed if I did not enjoy myself at least somewhat. ...I may also wish to try new foods.

Last edited:
Legal Name: McElroy, Lucretia C. [The handwriting on this line is neater compared to the rest of the form, and seems to be more forced.]

Nicknames: Elliot (my preferred name. you lose your right not to be punched when you call me lucretia. what are you, my mom?)

Appearance: [Elliot is a rather short and skinny young man, as it’s hard to get a hearty meal when you live on the streets. His skin is abnormally pale for someone who spends almost all of his time outside, and is littered with scars from parkour tricks gone wrong. His hair is, for lack of another, more easily thought of word, otherworldly. The blond mess extends to just above his shoulders, and its’ curls poof and plume around his head. It’s thick and often sheds, leaving his simple t-shirt and worn jeans interspersed with vagabond locks of hair. His hands and feet are calloused to hell, a testament to his brave personality-- no ledge is too small to sidle across or to jump to, even when it’s composed of rotting concrete.]

Birthday: june 12

Prospective Class: unaligned, unless something else sounds cooler.

Any Planned Extracurricular Activities: team rust. having a league of ride-or-die bros would be sick.

Describe Yourself: not to sell myself short, but i’d describe myself as a chill nihilist. [Elliot doesn’t seem to take anything too seriously. He’s quick to laugh off everything, even his own feelings. Nothing matters to him, save for telling a good joke or looking cool in front of anyone who’ll give him attention. The young man is easily excitable, and is always looking for something to go and do, feeding off of the attention and validation others give him from sacrificing his safety for a laugh. Permanence is also a big issue for him, as the ability to suddenly get up and move on to the next thing is very important to him. His power helps him with this, and makes getting new identities very easy. Elliot is also usually calm, but when discussing hard topics or when someone disrespects him, he's quick to make rash and often violent decisions.]

Give us a Brief History of Yourself: does this matter? like, at all? to make a boring story short, i was born in a little farming town in the west. when i was twelve i ran away for really no reason at all (other than the fact that it felt right). i hitched a ride and found myself some friends, and now i'm here. but since there's really no way for you guys to check if this shit's real, put down that i was the first born son of a king, and also let the record show that i've always been ripped as hell and i could do some really sick skateboard tricks since i was three and... [He goes on for longer than is truly necessary, his words curling out of the given space to write.]

Describe your Ability: i think i can change the way light refracts around me to change what i look like. i think. it’s lame, i know, but i’m already in town so hopefully it’s enough to get me in.

Limitations of your Ability: i’ve gotta be in the sun a lot, or else i get really bad headaches that make me wish astral projection was my ability (so i could fling myself into the sun). i’m like some kinda lizard, which sounds sick but it actually sucks. i found some heat lamps in an abandoned pet store though, and i use those when i have to be inside. i feel like if i could, i’d have like a million chameleon bros. they’d understand me. we do, like, the same thing.

sometimes i use it to make myself look taller, but normally i use it to make my face look slightly more masculine. anything more makes me lightheaded.
[Meaning that anything too ambitious than what he’s ready for causes the blood flow to his brain to be cut off, which is obviously a problem.]

What do you want to get our of your experience here at Legacy Academy: i’m gonna be real honest here and say that when i saw the ad, i thought “yeah, sure. whatever i guess. somethin’ new, right?” but when i looked at everyone else signing up, i noticed they’re all like battle hardened criminals who also look cool as hell, meanwhile i’m really good at a game my friends and i play in which whoever can hold their leg over a fire without actually catching on fire the longest wins. everybody’s got something, i guess. also i’m writing this in pen, so fuck it dog, life’s a risk. [The last six words are underlined multiple times, seemingly for emphasis.]

[At the bottom of the form, there’s a few crude scribbles; one looks to be an image of himself doing a skateboard trick inside of a godzilla costume, and is labeled as “what i wish i could use my ability for”. the other, directly to the right, is another drawing of himself, though larger this time. a speech bubble extends from this drawing’s mouth, and reads “what do you mean? i’ve always been this tall!”. The one to the right is labeled "what i can actually use my ability for..."]

Last edited:
Shade and Kaiko are accepted.

Elliot is also accepted, but I'd like to hear a bit more about his backstory. Also, and this is my fault for forgetting to mention it, The Tragedy happened around 50-75ish years ago so it probably wouldn't make much sense to have his parents die in it. His family could have lost people in it, but probably older than the parents.

• Legal Name: Thomas Nexus

Nickname: Tom

Appearance: This is me when I'm normal.
  • images (1).jpg
  • This is me when I'm using my power:
  • Sick.png
  • Birthday: 1/12/1997

Prospective Class: I'd prefer to help those wronged by others, so Hero.

Any Planned Extracurricular Activities: I'm currently unaware of these activities, given I've only knew of this academy for a short time. So this is yet to be decided.

Describe Yourself: Well, I'm a very self-centered person. I keep to myself, and I respect anybody who is willing to provide the same respect themselves. I enjoy reading a lot, I delve into social media often, and I meditate every single day.

Give us a Brief History of Yourself: This may seem a bit predictable, but I'll give it a go. My mother left me when I was 8 years old, and my father vanished a few years prior. I have a brother, but he's the least of my worries as of this moment. While growing up in foster care, I was always put last in terms of priority. I was quiet, and I never had many friends. I learned to help myself, and become the man I am today.

Describe your Ability: This so-called ability of mine allows me to control ice at will, especially with my katana that was inherited by my father before he vanished. The origin of this power came to be when I was about to be released from foster care, and we were on a school trip to a nearby science emporium. On the way there, the bus had to stop for a maintenance check. Some assholes thought it would be funny to push me off a nearby "seemingly short" cliff, when I actually fell a few hundred feet into an ice cold river. The fall SHOULD have killed me, and I kind of wanted to. But I heard a voice echo in my head, it sounded similar to my father. Yet it was disembodied, it said "No... Not yet, your future has yet to be set in stone... Go now, and live the life you create." When I use my power, a bright blue aura appears around me. If said aura stays for so long, it will envelop my senses and I will shortly enter a state of rage.

Limitations of your Ability: If my power is used for too long, my body will suffer strain as if it had frostbite. This rage state I enter can be harmful towards others nearby, as well as myself.

What do you want to get our of your experience here at Legacy Academy: I want to know what I am, what this power makes me out to be, and how I can make it beneficial through everything. As well as finding out my true meaning in life.

Thomas is accepted. Also Nexus is a badass last name, and one which I will probably use at some point in something else.

W.I.P

Legal Name:

"My name is Tobias Knight"

Nicknames:
"Just call me Toby for short"

tumblr_nqrzdd7UKb1ryf060o1_r1_500.png

Birthday:

"I was born March 3rd, 1997"

Prospective Class:
"I would like to become a hero"

Any Planned Extracurricular Activities:
"I plan on joining the Jumper's Militia"

Describe Yourself:
"What is there to say about myself, well first I'm intelligent. I've always been in the top of my class in academics.

Describe your Ability: (Describe your character's ability if any. This should include origin, if your character knows it, and sample applications of the ability.)

What do you want to get our of your experience here at Legacy Academy: (Answer in character.)

I like Toby. I mean, as you said, he's clearly a work in progress, but I like him. Also nice choice of faceclaim.

Legal Name:
Koruma Murasame

Nicknames:

“Call me whatever you want. I'll respond.”

Appearance:

file+save.jpg

HNI_0082+%282%29.JPG

“At a wirey six feet, I'd describe myself as 'lithe', if nothing else. I have long, wavy jet-black hair, and I've had strangers compliment me on the blue of my eyes. Other than that, I'm not much to look at, I'd say. I wear enchanted chainmail underneath my long-sleeve shirts at all times, except for the shower, because I really just don't feel safe without at least SOME armor on. The only enchantment on the chainmail is “Non-conductive”, and while the original intent of it was to help me not be struck by lightning in a storm, the old man just couldn't leave well enough alone and bumped it up to “doesn't conduct electricity and most conventional low-tier magicks”(tm). It's kind of stupid, in my opinion, because it's still AFFECTED by magick, it just doesn't act as a lightning rod for it. I also wear my mother's ruby-inlaid silver ring, as well a pair of forearm-length bracers which have practically a brick of metal on top of them.”

Birthday:
“I think the old man said it was some time in late August?”

Prospective Class:
“I think I'll stay unaligned, as far as classes go. It's not that I don't want to do the right thing, it's more that it's not very much my business. I'll leave that to the people who have a knack for that whole 'justice' scene.”

Any Planned Extracurricular Activities:
“Well, I'm thinking maybe I'll look into the Akasha Librarium, since it's what my mom was into as well? But I'm not 100% committed to the idea. I like learning, and magick would help in the family trade, as well as balance my fighting skills, but I just don't know if it'd really make that big of a difference.”

Describe yourself (personality):
“I am a person who appreciates the quiet, and will look it out when practical. It's nothing against people, because I love humanity as a whole. I just think better when I can actually concentrate. I cherish all life as sacred, while still maintaining the knowledge that lives sometime need to be taken to survive. My beliefs are strong, but not immovable, and often go unspoken. The old man says I'm a hard worker, but I don't see it. Pretty much, as long as people don't treat me like shit, they've automatically earned a default level of trust and respect. I also like to draw, in my spare time.”

Give us a Brief History of Yourself:
“My old man, Daniel Smith, is a blacksmith who grew up and still lives out on the prairie. His whole sales pitch is basically that he still believes in the “Ye Olde” methods of smithing, handed down by his ancestors – fine regal-level detail, runework and all that jazz – while still keeping with some of the more convenient and affordable practicalities of modern smithing - with machinery and what have you.
“My mother, Isabelle Murasame, was an enchanter of a higher calibre who grew up under the 'gentle tutelage' of the Akasha Librarium, from behind the scenes. From what the old man told me, she was orphaned in her teens by The Tragedy, and they took her in, supposedly because of her desire to learn how to help in the aftermath. Long story short, she met my father doing a cooperative project for some rich magick sword collector, and they hit it off. My mother... unfortunately passed away in childbirth. From what dad says, she was the most wonderful woman he's ever met... I wish I could have met her.
“After that, he says he vowed that he would 'raise this child with enough love for the both of them', and... well, looking back, I have no complaints. There was a period where he was just overwhelmed and took it out on me. Not physically, but he made me feel like it was my fault that she died, so... I ran away...
“I remembered my dad telling me that Mom had a sister who grew up in Akasha with her, but she lived even further out in the countryside, prohibited from entering most populated areas, since she had a knack for “accidentally setting off” certain extremely powerful wards, or protective magick, and she refused to go without the spells, soooo.... hermitism...
“I ran to away her, since she was literally the only other family I have. I know it didn't make sense, but I'm glad it turned out for the better. She took me in and cared for me for a time. During that time, she taught me how to read basic weapon enchantments, and gave me basic martial-weapon combat training. After a while, she gave me my mother's ring and bracers, as well as a small golden locket containing a picture of my mother and the old man as a couple. She taught me the basics behind the powers contained within, and after that, she told me that I need to go back, and make up with my father. I gave her a thank you and headed back to the old man, who greeted me back with tears and apology, and it's been kind of okay since.”

Describe your Ability:
“In tandem, my mother's equipment gives me the ability to hyper-rapidly shapeshift the metal on the bracers into a copy of a selection of any weapon or shield that I've wielded.”

Limitations of your Ability:
“In order to register a copy, I have to have wielded the weapon/shield for at least 5 consecutive seconds, and that copy is restricted to only the hand that copied it, with the exception of two-handed weapons, in which case both hands have to have it in a combat grip simultaneously for 5 consecutive seconds.
“Additionally, if a copied weapon has powers, as long as the runes are part of the actual body of the sword, such as engraved runes and such, the powers can be copied as well, albeit severely diluted. Corollary, if the weapon's powers require very a specific metal, if the runes float above the weapon, or if the powers are not actually inherently part of the weapon and are instead merely an extension of the user's power, then the powers cannot be duplicated.
“If the weapon copied requires ammo or an ultra-complicated mechanism (ie. Laser device, crossbow, gun.) then the weapon can be copied but in order for it to work as intended, the devices/ammo require need to be provided externally. Another limit is that there is only so much metal in the bracers, and while the metal can expand, the more it has to do so, the softer the metal will be, relatively.
“The ability to produce a copy is limited by my ability to recall the shape of it, so under extreme stress, or extreme distraction, the metal forms back into the bracers and do not take shape. I also need all of the pieces of Mom’s equipment for it to work - the bracers, the ring and the locket. However, only I can draw out the power in these objects.”

Koruma_Ring.JPG

What do you want to get out of your experience here at Legacy Academy?:
“I want to find the exact extent of my powers. I want to push them to the limit and become stronger for it. I love studying people and just observing humanity in all it's beauty, so just being in a community with so many talented people, interacting with each other, is almost a reward in and of itself, but the refinement of my powers and combat prowess would be most immediately important.”

Legal Name: Robyn Nevermore

Nicknames: N/A

Appearance:

latest

Birthday: 1/20
This part is a bit messy, as though the date was written a day or more after the month.

This is written much more bolder, as though there was emphasis put into it.

Prospective Class: Unaligned.

Any Planned Extracurricular Activities: Undisclosed.

Describe Yourself: I wish I was prettier! Some people describe me as a porcelain doll, but I definitely don't believe that bullshit~. Can't some fairy come down to me and make me prettier?!

I'd prefer not to disclose such personal matters.
(From the moment of birth until the age of 7, Robyn's mother put her in life-or-death situations that would hopefully get her power to come out and she wasn't treated like anything more than a tool for her success.)

Describe your Ability: I have the ability to control and manipulate air at will. I am very proud of my power~. <3

My elemental skills are only limited to air~. Boohoo. That means I can't manipulate earth or water, and definitely not fire! I also can't use it too much without getting totally exhausted! Don't talk to me when I get like that!!! I don't act like myself! It's super upsetting!

I'd like to learn about all of the elemental powers, including my own! They're so cool, right? I think so!!! I wanna learn as much as I can about all of them! <3

Legal Name: (Unknown)

Nicknames: Tatters, or The Tattered Man

Appearance: Tatters has bright golden colored irises, pointed teeth, claws, bronzed skin and shoulder length hair that is coal black. He stands 6 feet and weighs 200 lbs with a muscular frame.

Birthday: Sometime in the spring

Prospective Class: Unaligned

Any Planned Extracurricular Activities: N/A

Describe Yourself: Tatters is quite, cautious, and while not well learned he is a master huntsman. He learns through observation and application.

Give us a Brief History of Yourself: Tatters was born in the wild, raised by animals, he was only a young boy when he met another human. Mistaken for a evil spirit Tatters was attacked and driven away. Becoming distrustful of humans, Tatters fled to the remote depths of the wilds with no mind of ever seeing another human. However, one day he came upon a plane crash and its sole survivor a young woman. Tatters carried her out of the forest before vanishing, the woman told tales of a being that could speak to animals and even become them who saved her. Many rationalized thsee stories as fever dreams, but it attracted the attention of Legacy Academy.

Describe your Ability: Shapeshifting, Tatters is able to alter his physiology and form. With this ability he can either fully transform into an animal or take on an aspect of an animal.

Limitations of your Ability: His full transformations take time to complete especially ones that require him to grow or shrink, and any alterations require energy to sustain. He can only take on the form of an animal he has hunted or observed hunting for years. When fully transformed he tends to think and act like the form he has taken.

What do you want to get our of your experience here at Legacy Academy: "Am I man or beast, must know."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back