• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Legacy of Dragons (OOC)

Main
Here
Characters
Here
Is there a character sheet template available?

Name: Miea
Magic (if any): Notice me not. Can make others ignore their presence or the presence of other things.
Equipment:body brush, claw sharpener, various tinker tools and potions.
Skills (i.e. great swimmer): a decent swimmer, swift and speedy on all terrains. Ridiculously good at hide and seek. Good at horticulture, gardening and potion making.
Physical Description: rather swift and unassuming with a sleek body paired with bioluminescent wings and long spindly arms tipped with various toxins. 8 “fingered” clawed “hands” with two opposable thumbs and a prehensile tail all in lovely inky grey and black shifting Rorschach like scales. Fitted out with 3 rows of teeth and spindly papillae to keep fish and other sea creatures down their throat, they sport a surprisingly narrow maw with 4 lightly glowing eyes resting on both their face and atop their head for maximum visual capabilities.

Personality: a bit shy and prone to hiding or camouflage if spooked; and that’s the best possible reaction. If cornered they’re. Not so shy about using the deadly toxins that deep naturally from their skin and jellyfish like stinging nettles that litter their mane. Defense aside, They’re very inquisitive and a tad bit playful. Not afraid of making mistakes in private, but suffer strong anxiety when put under pressure in public.
Personal Goal (not necessary, but helpful): to be an amazing Potions master and Master Tinker.
Other: likes Jellyfish the most. Loves the sweet and tangy taste they give off.

Hey! Edited the wingspan quickly cuz I noticed you called 31 feet unimpressive when I called it impressive. I gather that anything above twice the body length is impressive?

Also jus so it’s clear; Miea isn’t a water dragon primarily. More like cave next to large body of water. Or under water ocean cave. … point being they’re more…closely related to water dragon if make sense.

Is there a character sheet template available?
Hello! Sorry about the late reply, I wasn't getting notifications. Yes there is! It's in the first post of the group interest check, but I'll put it here for convenience's sake.

Name:
Magic (if any):
Equipment:
Skills (i.e. great swimmer):
Physical Description:
Personality:
Personal Goal (not necessary, but helpful):
Other:

Here you go!

Ohhh why about to other dragons?
Draconic is definitely a language, although there's actually a massive debate in-universe about what the proper accent is. There is a very real chance of death if you try and convince the wrong dragon a certain accent is correct or incorrect.

...Now that I think about it, the number one cause of death for dragons is probably other dragons. They're easily offended - like Twitter, except they actually do know where you live.

To answer your question; yes, dragons talk to other dragons in what is basically one semi-unified language. They can learn other languages, and some of the more intellectually-minded dragons actually trade literature with other races. "Trade" meaning "extort" in this context, for the most part.

Eyes look like that:
Prelude to my first post lol

Rp Dragon Post

Miea woke to the soft push and pull sounds of water lapping at the edges of their cave. Midnight eyes slowly blinked double lids- once, twice- and then let out a low putring yawn, teeth sliding slowly out of black gums before lazily retreating from whence they came. A quick flutter and pull of tense wing muscles had another low purr shimmering through the air, glow worms blinking into existence at the sound in sweet hello.

With their topmost eyes they blinked slow and lovingly at the gooey friends that hung above them; attached to the dark slowly dripping walls of blue, green and grey. All lit in a faint glow from the moon pool that lay just slightly down from the slowly waking dragon. It’s pool glowing with teaming jellyfish, small fish of various species and cleaning crustaceans that helped to keep their home clean.

The hard rocky edges alone would have made the den seem more like a cave of horror if not for the ethereal glow that hummed from the lithe dragon and surrounding flora.

The lush plants that rested in their beds closest to the waters edge seemed to visibly perk up as their tender slowly lumbered onto four legs, gave themselves a slowly shake; the soft fur of their mane puffing up and a few old stinging nettles dropped loose.

Miea glided over to their flora and gave each herb, fungus, algae and flower a loving sniff.

Idly they began cleaning and weeding their garden with short delicate snips of their narrow snout, a long tail occasionally coming up to take away the debris gathered from the grooming and tossing it neatly in the compost hole.

Said compost was a particularly pleasing invention that Miea had made. And perhaps one of their most proudest accomplishments and what lead them down the path to tinkering.

Although at first fairly modest, a measly copper bin placed into a holder cut into the den floor, surrounded by cooling healing water to help promote optimal fertilizer; now however as the years grew, so did their love for inventing and thus the well loved compost bin, now with tossing capabilities and various tubes leading to the compost to suction off the melted fertilizer and others to liquify and purify the mixture once ready.

‘Ah, but that’s how all things start…’

They thought with a small chirp,

‘All life begins with simplicity.’

And a warmth swum thought their body at the thought.

Quelling the slowly rising anxiety about todays future endeavors.

‘I am like that…simple for now, but still growing..’

They thought, taking several deep breathes through their slim nostrils and letting out a wave of cool dewy air out of their narrow maw: The thought repeating like a mantra.

Anxiety wasn’t something new to Miea, in fact, they were certian their very egg had trembled with nerves upon being laid. Internally crying about being removed from the safety of their birther before they were ready!

The silly thought helped bring a high picked chuff from the now shaking dragon; slowly their nerves calmed and all eight claws gently trailed over their precious floral.

‘Right. Today…today is going to be a good day. There’s nothing to fear.’

They reassured themselves mentally as they went about gathering their harness and saddle bags and slipping them on.

The deep grey and lilac material shimmered as they slipped it on and buckled it over their chest with shaky claws and thumbs.

With quick efficiency, they gathered their books into the saddle bags and their well worn and polished tool kit tucked neatly into the front breast pocket.

As their eyes swept the room one last time, midnight starry orbs fell on a small plethora of potions neatly arranged on natural shelving in the dense cave.

Miea paused. Eyes lingering on a particular light pink liquid that swirled thickly and invitingly with hints of shimmery silver.

They turned away. Slinking resolutely to the edge of the moonpool.

‘No. Today is going to be a GOOD day. I…I can do this. I got this. It’s going to be ok.’

With a deep breath they slipped soundlessly into the depths

“Please…be a good day.”

It was not a good day.

Attachments

• 4DA8AB22-4EF2-4031-9841-DE7703C76F24.jpeg
    4DA8AB22-4EF2-4031-9841-DE7703C76F24.jpeg
    132.5 KB · Views: 1
  • 620BE3B7-EEBF-442F-89BE-67248B8E12B6.jpeg
    620BE3B7-EEBF-442F-89BE-67248B8E12B6.jpeg
    258.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread