• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Futuristic Left To Rot (lore)

Characters
Here
Other
Here

TheSpeck

Cognitohazard
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Hello! I want to go over a few things so you all can be comfortable with the story and it's lore! Alright, lets begin!

First things first, the space station. The space station is called The Hex, due to its hexagon-shaped rooms. It is made up of 5 different main rooms, each of which are specialized to fulfill the needs of the crew. The five rooms are The lab, Med bay, Living spaces, The center, And storage.

The lab: The lab is one of the large hexagon shaped rooms, specialized for the needs of the scientist(s). When entering it is necessary to go through a decontamination room, in which will lead to a large room that is mostly composed of computers and documents. Further in there is testing equipment, and also a containment room which is meant for keeping crew safe from any specimens they may find on the planet. There is high tech equipment in which the person playing the scientist can make up. Only scientists are allowed to enter the lab, anyone else can only enter with the scientists permission or if it is an emergency situation. The lab also has a portion in which is specialized to produce oxygen for the space station. It is basically a room full of plants (some plants also produce fruits, providing some food for the crew). There is another room that specializes in producing water. It takes water from a source on the planet that is thoroughly filtered and safe for drinking.

The Med Bay: The med bay is the medical wing. The first room is simply an office, it sort of looks like a check-up room. Normally people who aren't apart of the medical team don't go further into the medical room unless there is a severe situation. In the other rooms there is an abundance of equipment, and a high tech machine (looks like an MRI machine that covers the whole body) that specializes in diagnosing. Although there are no machines that will do the medical teams work, there are things that may help them along in which the people playing a medic role can create. There is also a recovery room and a containment room in case of emergency. The medical team has everything they need to treat and/or tranquilize their target/patient.

The Living Space: The living space is exactly how it sounds. It is a room composed of bunks and other items that may make the crew feel more at home. There are board games and card games, a dining area, a communications room, and other sections in which any of you may create.

The storage room: The storage room is also exactly how it sounds. It is a room where spare equipment and resources are held. It is also a docking area, and an area in which the ship opens up for space walks.

The center: The center is a room composed of nearly everything. It is the safest room (It sits in the middle of all four of the other rooms), and therefor holds varieties of medical equipment, sleeping bags, science equipment, food and water, and last of all, the control room. The center is where any rerouting would take place, and it is also where most electricity comes from.

Space suits: The space suits that are used to travel the planet are less bulky than space suits for space walks. They are built not to keep you safe from the outside, since the outside is tolerable, but to maintain a warm and steady temperature. They come with sturdy boots and gloves to protect from the thorny foliage and any other dangerous things. The helmets have two options, a mask option and a helmet option. The mask option only covers the mouth and nose. It completely seals that section of the face to provide a defense against the dangerous gas that lingers outside. The mask option is normally used in the daytime. The helmet option is an attachment that can connect to the mask, which makes a helmet. The helmet is used in the night or when walking through potentially hazardous areas. The helmet has built in flashlights and a night vision option. The helmet is also used when in extreme hot or cold conditions, as it also has the ability of maintaining temperature.The suits are a pink-ish red and grey color for camouflage

The planet:
The planet is sort of like earth, but with a lot more cliffs and dangerous plants. The planet looks odd compared to earth and everything is a lot bigger. Most plants are red, yellow, or green. There are dangerous plants that are carnivorous, others that are poisonous/venomous. It is best to avoid thorny plants since those are normally the most dangerous ones. There are other creatures that live there, but none have been studied yet. The water there is safe to drink, and most foods are safe to eat (though you should test it before eating).

That is all for now, if you want to ask any questions you can ask here. If you have any lore you'd like to add you can also post it here!

Last edited:
I've got an idea that I got from a podcast I listened to with a similar story, but I don't know how you'll feel about it.

How about some corporate secrets and protocols. An exaggerated example: if they find intelligent life, only one knows what to do to establish contact with the intelligent life and leave the others behind, or somethin'

hey! i had an idea for some equipment for the team that might help with transport on the planet? something similar as seen in The Martian…a rover that transports at max four people, but can be used to haul/tow heavy loads as well. i’ll show some examples below!
70C5BFA4-C232-44C7-9776-CCAC0EBC2049.jpeg
B960F96D-AACE-4A33-ADA0-45164C25D3F1.jpeg
F3379BDF-B6AF-4131-B561-8D1841D721CE.jpeg

Great idea, though the planet is pretty covered in plants, rivers, canyons, and can be very hilly/cliffy, so just make sure it's capable of traveling through tough terrain!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back