• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern left behind | interest check

oliver

count the seconds
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
I
II
III
IV

• LEFT BEHIND

On the floor of an unrecognizable and dilapidated barn, several strangers-- all young adults from all kinds of backgrounds-- begin to wake. Their joints ache with a dull, throbbing pain and their heads pound with grogginess and confusion. They have no idea how long they've all been asleep, but there are more pressing matters.

Where are they?

Upon exiting the barn with the expectations of some answers, the strangers discover more questions. The overgrown grass, weeds, and the rusted pickup truck would make anyone believe the plot of land had been abandoned. However, the farmhouse appears to be in decent condition and even has a fresh coat of paint.

The inside state is also well-kept. Three floors high and yet, there isn't one speck of dust. The fridge and cabinets are filled with food that won't be expiring for a while. At least according to the calendar pasted to the fridge with a magnet agrees. Apparently, it is now August. The last anyone could recall, it had been May.

With the few possessions that had been transported with them and their memories, the strangers have next to no connection with their previous life. Despite the electricity, gas, and water functioning, there is no signal. The only television options are the collection of DVDs and VHS tapes left on the shelves of the television stand while phones won't send texts. Taking a trip into the forest that surrounds the farm won't do any good, there is nothing to find. The strangers will soon come to realize that no matter what they do, they always end up right where they started.

All seems lost and worthless. That is, until things inexplicably begin to change. Will they work together or allow things to spiral into chaos?

Intro
LEFT BEHIND

On the floor of an unrecognizable and dilapidated barn, several strangers-- all young adults from all kinds of backgrounds-- begin to wake. Their joints ache with a dull, throbbing pain and their heads pound with grogginess and confusion. They have no idea how long they've all been asleep, but there are more pressing matters.

Where are they?

Upon exiting the barn with the expectations of some answers, the strangers discover more questions. The overgrown grass, weeds, and the rusted pickup truck would make anyone believe the plot of land had been abandoned. However, the farmhouse appears to be in decent condition and even has a fresh coat of paint.

The inside state is also well-kept. Three floors high and yet, there isn't one speck of dust. The fridge and cabinets are filled with food that won't be expiring for a while. At least according to the calendar pasted to the fridge with a magnet agrees. Apparently, it is now August. The last anyone could recall, it had been May.

With the few possessions that had been transported with them and their memories, the strangers have next to no connection with their previous life. Despite the electricity, gas, and water functioning, there is no signal. The only television options are the collection of DVDs and VHS tapes left on the shelves of the television stand while phones won't send texts. Taking a trip into the forest that surrounds the farm won't do any good, there is nothing to find. The strangers will soon come to realize that no matter what they do, they always end up right where they started.

All seems lost and worthless. That is, until things inexplicably begin to change. Will they work together or allow things to spiral into chaos?

Rules
1. All RPN rules apply.

2. This group will be for advanced roleplayers only. Good grammar, punctuation, and syntax are necessary. In addition, posts are expected to be 500+ words. If you cannot confidently and comfortable comply to these expectations, this roleplay probably isn't for you.

3. Discord is necessary for out of character chatting and planning. The actual roleplay will take place on RPN, but all of the out of character discussion will take place in a Discord server.

4. This roleplay is application-based and NOT first-come, first-serve. I will be setting a deadline for character sheets and on that day, the accepted people will be sent the Discord server link in PMs.

5. Once the role play begins, please be able to post at least once a week. Real life with always come first, but this is to keep things moving along.

6. For maturity and comfort's sake, please be 16+ when applying.

About Me
Howdy! My name is Oliver! I've had this idea sloshing around inside my head for a very long time. It might sound very similar to the show The Society, which is a good reference point but not at all necessary to have seen before in order to join.

This roleplay will be character driven, but has sci-fi and mystery themes. I am looking to accept only a small group of people-- between 6-8 probably. I will be making an ooc thread, so if there are any questions go ahead and put them there or send me a pm. I look forward to seeing what kinds of characters people create!

Links
Character Sheets

Out Of Character

Last edited:
wow ur mind oliver! consider me interested!

Are you still accepting characters? If not, lemme know otherwise this sounds like a great RP to jump in on!

ZenailTGN ZenailTGN If you read my above message, I'm accepting character apps until the 29th. This rp isn't first come, first serve.

oliver oliver

Gotcha, I haven't seen any character apps on the app page yet, so i didn't know If I could submit it there, or if I've got to PM it to you first.

BlueLad41 BlueLad41 Mhm! On the cs thread, you'll also find the template with info I want included in your cs. : - )

Polka Dot Polka Dot I am! And to anyone in the future who asks that-- Yes. Everyone has until the 29th of July @ 4 pm EST to post their character sheets. Applications close then. Please stop asking if I am still accepting or I am going to lose it.

good afternoon! friendly reminder if anyone has and questions or w/e you can slap them in the ooc thread :')

Users who are viewing this thread

Back