• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Left 40k Dead Reboot(Closed)

If I could find the link from "if the emperor had a text to speech device" that has the custodes screaming "they don't even know how to melee!" I'd post it.

If I could find the link from "if the emperor had a text to speech device" that has the custodes screaming "they don't even know how to melee!" I'd post it.
Why melee when you can pick off your enemies at range?

Why melee or pick off your enemies at range, when you can politely ask their machine spirits to turn on them and kaboom?

Or you know...get them fancy secutors out on the field. SO FUCKING BROKEN in dark heresy.

I've always kept a wide berth between me and psykers in the tabletop. Just takes one bad roll, and all of a sudden you've got a daemon trying to eat you...or y'know, other things if it's slaanesh.

Technically in only war you would have to roll poorly, 3 times.
You also had multiple powers that would grant rerolls or other methods of safety.
And using powers at under half had no danger roll at all.

So at least in only war the only real danger was very low exp psykers who were trying to push things.
Which I mean fits canon, the danger was about reaching beyond your skill/power.

I see. Well, far as I know, the mechanicus and psykers don't always see eye to eye...then again, mechanicus hardly see eye to eye with anyone. So that was another reason to just avoid em in my case.

I do like the idea but I am not exactly a guard person when it comes to humans I like the sisters more.

When the CS is up, will it be find if I send you a personal message? Secutors tend to be heavily armed with quite a few mechanendrites (Because mechanicus), but I figure it's best to talk stuff over with the GM on them.

might take up commissar role now, I think I'll actually play the early years of my Favorite Commissar. haven't flushed out that part of his life yet.

Last edited:
I could play my arbites character from my Dark Heresy campaign... He was bad at his job.

I could play my arbites character from my Dark Heresy campaign... He was bad at his job.
Aren't arbites Imperial equivalent of police? I don't want to act like a dick, but this is supposed to be a guard only RP.

Aren't arbites Imperial equivalent of police? I don't want to act like a dick, but this is supposed to be a guard only RP.

hahahaha... yeah about that... Galvanoth regularly abandoned his post to go do imperial guardsmen shit.... Like... He never once actually did his job he just got bored, wandered off, and happened to get wrapped up in things like repelling xenos, killing daemons, raiding traitor cults, fighting mutants.. you get the picture.

hahahaha... yeah about that... Galvanoth regularly abandoned his post to go do imperial guardsmen shit.... Like... He never once actually did his job he just got bored, wandered off, and happened to get wrapped up in things like repelling xenos, killing daemons, raiding traitor cults, fighting mutants.. you get the picture.
So he just goes to combat, sneaks up onto some enemy and smacks them with a power maul screaming "Your behavior has been deemed heretical by the Book of Judgement! Take the punishment!" until some actual soldiers shoot the enemy or he actually dies from the power maul beating.

So he just goes to combat, sneaks up onto some enemy and smacks them with a power maul screaming "Your behavior has been deemed heretical by the Book of Judgement! Take the punishment!" until some actual soldiers shoot the enemy or he actually dies from the power maul beating.
More like he "borrows" equipment used for raiding buildings and gangs and forgets to return it, fucks off with the guard for a while, gets into combat, shoots and beats things with the borrowed property, all the time screaming about how they have broken the rule against thinking about committing heresy.

As stated previously, Galvanoth is fantastically bad at his job. But he is also fantastically bad about dying.

but it would add a bit more story and conflict.

The wrong type of conflict.
(PvP, Irrelevant, non-story driven)

"Lol so random" is one of the most listed deal breakers for RPs in the thread listing them.

A non-gaurdsman running around like that is pretty "lol so random"

And this character would be ordered to leave back to their job, arrested, or killed if they resisted.

Imagine a USA swat member in Afghanistan being caught by US army soldiers.
"Come with us we will get you home"
"No I'm here to fight"
"There is about six dozen reasons we can't let you do that, logistics being just some of them"
"No I'm going to fight anyway cause I wanna"
"Okay your under arrest"

The wrong type of conflict.
(PvP, Irrelevant, non-story driven)

"Lol so random" is one of the most listed deal breakers for RPs in the thread listing them.

A non-gaurdsman running around like that is pretty "lol so random"

And this character would be ordered to leave back to their job, arrested, or killed if they resisted.

Imagine a USA swat member in Afghanistan being caught by US army soldiers.
"Come with us we will get you home"
"No I'm here to fight"
"There is about six dozen reasons we can't let you do that, logistics being just some of them"
"No I'm going to fight anyway cause I wanna"
"Okay your under arrest"

Actually not "lolsorandom" he's a bastard child of a lesser noble who was given over to the arbites as a means of getting rid of him without worrying about potentially sending him to the front lines. The issue is he very much would rather be on the front lines putting his life in danger since if he's gonna be a burden otherwise he might as well try to do some good in the name of the glorious emperor.

That being said I also have a ratling, an ogryn, an operator, and a medic.

Last edited:
Actually not "lolsorandom" he's a bastard child of a lesser noble who was given over to the arbites as a means of getting rid of him without worrying about potentially sending him to the front lines. The issue is he very much would rather be on the front lines putting his life in danger since if he's gonna be a burden otherwise he might as well try to do some good in the name of the glorious emperor.

I mean everything you described was "So random" and pretty out of 40K lore.

The arbites answer to terra. In fact the head of the arbites is a high lord of terra.
To be an arbite is a holy duty. Quite literally at that, most of them come from the church raised as orphans instructed in the holy way from near birth.

They oversee collection of the tax. Which seems a boring duty but in fact it is anything but they are nearly constantly in combat making sure the imperium gets the food, medicine, weapons, soliders and everything else it needs.

An arbite who "Just left his job" is the reason several imperial guard regiments didn't make it to the battle field.

An arbite who goes AWOL is a traitor to the imperium and to terra, which they fairly directly answer to.
He would be executed terribly for being a traitor to mankind.

To rephrase my earlier example, it isn't just a swat officer, it's more like an important CIA officer just leaving his job and letting terrorist go free. (those not paying the tax are normally traitors) and sending themselves off to the front lines.

They wouldn't have become an important CIA officer in the first place. (It's very hard to do and requires a lot of dedication)
And even if they had, they would be a massive traitor to their country for just going awol from such an important post.
Except this is also 40k.

So they didn't just betray their nation, and potentially cause the loss of entire planets (Yeah their job is in fact that serious). They also betrayed their god and all of man kind.

Like "I'm the son of a noble and don't like my job so I leave" may work as a gaurdsmans back story.

But for an arbite to do it?

The players would be legally required to imprison you for your execution.
Because terra doesn't give a shit if your dad is some noble on one of the (literally) million planets in the imperium.

I mean everything you described was "So random" and pretty out of 40K lore.

The arbites answer to terra. In fact the head of the arbites is a high lord of terra.
To be an arbite is a holy duty. Quite literally at that, most of them come from the church raised as orphans instructed in the holy way from near birth.

They oversee collection of the tax. Which seems a boring duty but in fact it is anything but they are nearly constantly in combat making sure the imperium gets the food, medicine, weapons, soliders and everything else it needs.

An arbite who "Just left his job" is the reason several imperial guard regiments didn't make it to the battle field.

An arbite who goes AWOL is a traitor to the imperium and to terra, which they fairly directly answer to.
He would be executed terribly for being a traitor to mankind.

To rephrase my earlier example, it isn't just a swat officer, it's more like an important CIA officer just leaving his job and letting terrorist go free. (those not paying the tax are normally traitors) and sending themselves off to the front lines.

They wouldn't have become an important CIA officer in the first place. (It's very hard to do and requires a lot of dedication)
And even if they had, they would be a massive traitor to their country for just going awol from such an important post.
Except this is also 40k.

So they didn't just betray their nation, and potentially cause the loss of entire planets (Yeah their job is in fact that serious). They also betrayed their god and all of man kind.

Like "I'm the son of a noble and don't like my job so I leave" may work as a gaurdsmans back story.

But for an arbite to do it?

The players would be legally required to imprison you for your execution.
Because terra doesn't give a shit if your dad is some noble on one of the (literally) million planets in the imperium.

1. Technically everyone answers to Terra.
2. Technically so is being an imperial guardsman. Dying in the name of the most holy emperor is a holy duty.
3. Each arbites section is radically different. On agri worlds they may be mainly collecting taxes but there are some death worlds that do still have arbites on them and definitely every hive world has arbites. In hive worlds they are more akin to swat than tax collectors. Also on hive worlds it is significantly easier to slip into another branch of the imperium. Also the overseeing of taxes is literally the job of the Adeptus Administratum.
4. There's ways of getting "accidentally" moved to a new station.
5. This is just a flat out lie. There are way too many arbites to actually answer directly to Terra.
6. Leaving the arbites to go die for the emperor is something most legions would take especially considering if you come from a hive world you have more experience than 99% of recruits.
7. Their job isn't in fact that serious.
8. Nobles can bounce between jobs and most people would be absolutely fine with a supposed stuffy noble boy going to die for the emperor.
9. Not really. The players aren't inquisition nor do the arbites and the guardsmen have the best opinions of one another. If anything he'd be assigned to frontline so he can die in glory to the emperor.

You really are overestimating how systematic the imperium actually is, treating it as a sort of well-oiled machine rather than a bloated corpse right for exploiting. If it was a well-oiled and well-regulated machine then perhaps there wouldn't be so many issues with chaos cultists infiltrating ranks.

1. Technically everyone answers to Terra.
2. Technically so is being an imperial guardsman. Dying in the name of the most holy emperor is a holy duty.
3. Each arbites section is radically different. On agri worlds they may be mainly collecting taxes but there are some death worlds that do still have arbites on them and definitely every hive world has arbites. In hive worlds they are more akin to swat than tax collectors. Also on hive worlds it is significantly easier to slip into another branch of the imperium. Also the overseeing of taxes is literally the job of the Adeptus Administratum.
4. There's ways of getting "accidentally" moved to a new station.
5. This is just a flat out lie. There are way too many arbites to actually answer directly to Terra.
6. Leaving the arbites to go die for the emperor is something most legions would take especially considering if you come from a hive world you have more experience than 99% of recruits.
7. Their job isn't in fact that serious.
8. Nobles can bounce between jobs and most people would be absolutely fine with a supposed stuffy noble boy going to die for the emperor.
9. Not really. The players aren't inquisition nor do the arbites and the guardsmen have the best opinions of one another. If anything he'd be assigned to frontline so he can die in glory to the emperor.

You really are overestimating how systematic the imperium actually is, treating it as a sort of well-oiled machine rather than a bloated corpse right for exploiting. If it was a well-oiled and well-regulated machine then perhaps there wouldn't be so many issues with chaos cultists infiltrating ranks.

Ah your missing out on core canon.

Arbites is a technical term.
Adeptus Arbites - Warhammer 40k - Lexicanum

You mean any random police-esque force.
That has a whole host of other issues.
(I could of thought of that but to be fair googling arbites, provides 0 non- adeptus-arbite responses for 40K)

But the actual arbites, everything I said for them is true.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back