Music Least favorite music?

Probably poorly done EDM/Dubstep music.
I really enjoy all kinds of music and it's hard for me not to find something I like in any song, but if it's just a cacophony of random noises that are extremely harsh, constant, and don't follow or resemble any sense of a melody, it makes me wanna die a little bit on the inside.

I really enjoy all kinds of music and it's hard for me not to find something I like in any song, but if it's just a cacophony of random noises that are extremely harsh, constant, and don't follow or resemble any sense of a melody, it makes me wanna die a little bit on the inside.

Very understandable 🤔

I'm a huge EDM fan and I feel this. Lets not forget that one repetative base beat that seems to be in every other song.

But personally for me it would have to be profane rap music. I don't mind rap when it's actually well constructed, and talks about personal struggle, is provocative and tells a story. But when Rap music just tries to cram as many F-bombs and N-words into the lyrics and be as edgy and offensive and aggressive as possible. Just no.

I'm a huge EDM fan and I feel this. Lets not forget that one repetative base beat that seems to be in every other song.

But personally for me it would have to be profane rap music. I don't mind rap when it's actually well constructed, and talks about personal struggle, is provocative and tells a story. But when Rap music just tries to cram as many F-bombs and N-words into the lyrics and be as edgy and offensive and aggressive as possible. Just no.

Yeah same here.

Heard so much N & F words from one rap song that was dangerously loud in a random while riding the bus home last week..I don't get how that gets into music. 🤔🧐

Personally its because of the jerks who joyride through neighborhoods where young kids play blasting this crap on a subwoofer loud enough that it causes a magnitude 8 earthquake.

This. So much this.

rap/hip hop. Makes me feel uncomfortable listening to it lol.
Country. I don't like southern accents to begin with, but it's a special type of noise grind when I have to hear it in a song accompanied by acoustic guitars and lyrics proclaiming love for beer, gurls, and some place in Tennessee. ergh. And I live in an area where even the dudes in their early 20s drive big trucks and listen to that shit on the daily lol.

Also, old school metal. Anything pre 80s mostly. Or even from the 80s. There's something about it that makes me grind my teeth. Then there's Judas Priest where the vocalist sounds like someone grabbed his balls and squeezed. I don't getttttt ittttt.

Country, heavy metal and dubstep. It feels too samey, at least heavy metal and country. I really like digital beats with different sounds and these genres basically overload their music with one type of sound. I guess I generally don't like metal, but I don't think my opinion of music is very reputable, as I only know very basic music theory and I don't care much for lyrics, but rather enjoy good ones if they're present. It's a shame because most nerds seem to enjoy metal to some to degree and it just falls completely flat on me. Maybe different tastes are a result of different utilizations of music, as in, do you want to calm yourself or hype yourself etc. I know a lot of people probably disregard "artists" like Lil Pump completely, but to me it's some pretty banger hype music. I generally think that people should just listen to what they want to listen to, without acting snobby towards people with different tastes.

I'm in love with techno, funk, pop and hiphop/rap though.

What is your least favorite music & why?
For me, it’s hard to say. Generally, I don’t really write off whole genres because there are usually at least a few songs in them that I like. I used to be dead set against country music until I listened through a bluegrass album and found that it slapped ngl

I suppose the one genre I haven’t really cared for is jazz. I haven’t really been exposed to much of it, and I can’t think of any songs in that genre that I love.

Country and pop.

They feel too predictable and samey to me I guess? No offense to those who like them, I've just yet to find a song of them that I really enjoy.

Pop country. I just can't do it, especially since my family listens to it a ton + its usually the only "country" on the radio. country rock/dark country/southern country sounds infinitely better to my ears

Anything that's sexually vulgar

I don't know why, but when artists say stuff like "Pop that p***y" or "she make that d**k disappear" or some other sexually vulgar thing like that, it makes me VERY uncomfortable despite me being a guy and having grown up in the hood listening to this type of music. It seems very dehumanizing and disrespectful. In some cases, especially with artists like Lil Wayne, it's also an afterthought, just tossed into his verse seemingly to pad it out, which takes it to a new level of disrespectful.

It's BIG in rap, which is why I have more alternative tastes in rap. I'm all for rapping and singing about sex and sexuality, but it needs to be respectful

Anything I don't understand

In other words, if it's English words and I can't decipher what they're saying instantly, I don't like it. This means mumble rap and extreme screamo stuff. I can listen to J-Pop, J-Rock, and Anime music all day knowing I can't understand it and that's fine because I don't need to try and understand it. If I'm supposed to understand it though and I can't, it's a no from me.

I don't hate an entire genre though. I try to keep my music horizons as open as possible. I usually judge on a case-by-case basis for my music

I tire of music with words. I try to listen in different languages, but mostly my philosophy is:

Music.
An expression of feeling all on it's own.
Why taint something so pure with words?

Why taint something so pure with words?

Because an expression of feeling (the sound) mixed with another expression of feeling (the vocals) can give way to a much stronger expression of feeling, a stronger expression of feeling that is more tailored to your specific situation, which can make it far more raw for the person making it and anyone also going through that same situation.

I can't say your opinion is one with which my own corresponds.
Because an expression of feeling (the sound) mixed with another expression of feeling (the vocals) can give way to a much stronger expression of feeling, a stronger expression of feeling that is more tailored to your specific situation, which can make it far more raw for the person making it and anyone also going through that same situation.

Take a violin for instance. That reduces me to tears, while a voice simply annoys me at the fact that another human would force me to acknowledge my emotions...

However, I'm surrounded by people who are annoyed by my music choices. This allows me to gain tolerance for words.

Country or Dubstep

Country just sounds trashy to me but you could also say that about pop as well.

Dubstep is just far too loud for my taste.

rap/hip hop, country and generic modern day radio pop.

rap just holds no appeal at all to me and it's absolutely everywhere. i don't want to generalize but most fans i've encountered seem to think it has to be played loud enough to make your ribs vibrate and it honestly gives me a headache, not to mention the lyrics are often beyond vulgar and not really something to blast in public areas. i'm sure there's rap that isn't like this and is probably pretty good, but the sound just doesn't appeal to me.

country... just no, i can't take any genre seriously that has people singing lines like "she thinks my tractor is sexy"... really, i heard that playing on a radio once. no, seriously. you can't make that kinda stuff up. maybe it's because i'm a city kid but songs about hound dogs, hunting and whiskey don't appeal to me, and neither do the instrumentals.

as for pop, i don't hate the whole genre at all. there are some older and some more obscure artists that fall under the pop label who i definitely enjoy listening to. that being said, a lot of the stuff i hear playing around now all sounds weirdly similar... kind of vaguely electronic but not really and very 'safe' in that it's generic and probably made to appeal to a lot of people and is obviously successful at that. as for me, i prefer artists who don't follow the trends or whatever is selling at the moment and just do their own thing, pop or otherwise.

that's my opinion anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back