• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [ Le Morte d'Diamant OOC ] The Barracks

With Nano's WIP up, and Zane has told me he plans to have his finished CS up by today, everyone who's joining has something posted in the CS section

Trappy Trappy All of the abilities look good and balanced enough. No fixes needed.

Zane Zane Only issue I see is with "A Knight is Steadfast" ability. It's too broad in scope, I want it to be more focused. Ideally, maybe make it so it's only effective against a frontal attack like a knight defending with a shield. This way, he can still be caught off guard if the attack is coming from another angle.

Table Table So looking at the WIP, there are some issues with the abilities that I thought I should bring up now:

First, the ability to spawn an infinite number of daggers is too much or at least too broadly defined. I need a realistic number of how many can be spawned at a given time. You can have the ability to spawn daggers infinitely but you can't have him walking around with thousands of daggers at one time.

Second, the fact that the daggers move faster than any existing man-made weapon and that it grows even faster over time is way too overpowered in terms of the mechanical physics alone. There really isn't a way to balance this. You'll have to settle for a realistic speed. Take into account that there's already an ability to make infinite amount of these daggers.

Third, this is the least concerning but get rid of the part about how the weapon is imbued with the power of the Holy Grail. This is concerning lore and at this time, we don't know anything about the Arms from a lore standpoint.

Finally, the last part about how it can ignite anything relating to dark magic upon contact is too similar to Sushi Muncher's Saracen Steel ability while being even more versatile. Instead of igniting things, maybe have it so it can effectively cut/penetrate things that rely on dark magic more easily?

Blu Blu
Would adding that at least one gauntlet would need to be in contact with the force as well count? Then at most he could only hold off two things trying to move him, or in come cases many thing in one direction. Powerful in one on one scenarios or a good choke point but less so if outnumbered, flanked, or caught off guard.

Zane Zane Am I correct in saying he still receives the delayed damage in either scenario?

Either case will work because they're both balanced methods. So pick your preferred one.

Certainly still takes damage. It's not a Mario bros tanooki suit. xD
Jokes aside, it's only designed to allow him to hold his ground against bigger opponents without getting tossed away.

I'll amend the CS right away.

That was the only thing? I tried to balance things out based on the other accepted CS, but I still wasn't too sure what might be too strong or maybe not strong enough. ^^;

Yup that was the only thing. The other stuff we'd already talked about how it would be balanced and you did just that. So other that, it's accepted~

I never wanted to say it directly, but you're on the mark. xD

I added a few lines to 'A knight is steadfast'.

I did mention before that the spirits can manifest into the real world and fight with their respective weapons. So I'm imagining Kay's spirit dashing around the battlefield with the longsword in it's mouth fighting haha (just my headcanon, idk if that's how you're gonna do it)

Anyways, I'm logging off for a few. Anything directed towards me after this will have to wait a while for a reply!

In my searches I found this guy and was gonna use him as a placeholder. Seems a shame I never got to so here you go.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back