• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy [ Le Morte d'Diamant ] A Brief Record of Britannia

L
Created at
Index progress
Incomplete

fSOeSHV.jpg

Centuries after the death of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round, humanity is pushed to the brink of extinction by the forces of the Sorcerer King Mordred. With the remaining adults taking refuge in the last standing cities of Britannia, the duty of war now falls upon the child soldiers of the nation's military.

When all hope seems lost, a great mystical power known as Arms is entrusted to a ragtag platoon of soldiers at the site of an ancient lake. With this newfound hope, can they finally turn the tide of battle? A war-torn, dark fantasy begins in Le Morte d'Diamant...!

Any questions, comments, or concerns can be directed toward me in the OOC.
Physiological Observations of Dr. Pearce
full

After running the tests and observing our subjects over the past few days, I've noted several physiological "enhancements" that are prevalent in each of the subject. While these features are shared among the group, it seems that their potency, or rather, effectiveness vary from subject to subject. Is it because each "Arm" offers a different function and so these shared enhancements differ individually as well? Oh how I wish I had more time to study them, but, alas, high command wishes to use their unique powers in the field of battle. My curiosity will have to be patient. In any case, here are some quick notes of my findings:

● Each subject displays varying degrees of increased muscle mass and bone density. In turn, their physical attributes such as strength, agility, stamina, etc. have increased dramatically. Even more confounding is the fact that these increased properties aren't scaling correctly against the observations in increased muscle mass. For example, some possess strength ten fold of their original capacity yet they retain their general body shape. It truly boggles the mind!

● Improved brain function is another enhancement of note. We observed clear improvements in puzzle solving, mental coordination, and learning skills in each of the subjects. Marvelous! According to papers by Charles Sherrington, this could mean an increase in blood circulation to the brains of the subjects. It's a shame I can't reasonably test that for myself but the theory has its merits.

● During a physical test with one of the subjects, they'd accidentally scraped their elbow upon a metal object. Within the evening, they reported that their wound had completely healed! As any noteworthy scientist would, I repeated the experiment on the rest of the subjects and, lo and behold, they've all shown similar results. Incredible! Could this mean any wound inflicted upon their persons heal at an increased rate? Unfortunately, I can't test this hypothesis further without crossing some ethical lines. Perhaps I should have them send in injury reports after they've gone on an assignment or two?

Dr. Pearce, I've taken the liberty to type up your notes into something more legible.

- Maggie
Dr. Cadman Pearce

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back