• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Lazarus

Do you think that you're interested in joining?

• Yes

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Yes x 2

Votes: 9 90.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sakura Seoul

Half Breed
Welcome to the interest check for Lazarus!

The C.S. Guideline is now up. Please ask any questions that you might have. I hope that a lot of you are interested in joining!

Completion... 100%

Lazarus
[border]"I shivered at the mysteries the past may conceal, and trembled at the menaces the future may bring forth. What was hinted in the speech of post-human entities of the fate of mankind produced such an effect on me that I will not set it down here.

"After man there would be the mighty beetle civilisation, the bodies of whose members the cream of the Great Race would seize when the monstrous doom overtook the elder world. Later, as the earth's span closed, the transferred minds would again migrate through time and space—to another stopping-place in the bodies of the bulbous vegetable entities of Mercury. But there would be races after them, clinging pathetically to the cold planet and burrowing to its horror-filled core, before the utter end." -- H.P. Lovecraft[/border]

Earth was slowly dying. At the exponential rate of human reproduction and consumption of nonrenewable sources, scientists agreed that civilization had a projected timeline of 124 years (+/- 2 years) remaining. Space programs launched across the globe as countries competed to find the next habitable planet. This new space age initiated sophisticated technology. Part of the technology included the capability to create and utilize dark energy. An understanding of wormholes and negative matter has given humanity the power to travel faster than light. The catch was that these traversable wormholes could be utilized only once, two ways, before its collapse. At least a few years are needed to construct a new traversable wormhole, as the creation of negative matter is a delicate and precise science.

In the year 2104, a ship dedicated to the preservation of humanity arrived at the planet Gliese 721 d. Its habitants included people of all ethnicities and cultures. The success of the mission marked the very first time every nation collaborated as allies. For the first few years everyone worked in unity. The goal was to create a unified civilization in an effort to advance as a whole. Predictably this did not last. Eventually, the government split into their respective counterparts on Earth. Five years after arrival, the first shipment of goods from Earth was delivered. A report of the power conflict was shipped back along with scientific findings, data, and specimens. The next shipment took six more years to arrive. Roughly half the amount of what was delivered previously was sent, and to make matters worse, bad news as well.

Correspondence indicated that there was an "oversight". A supernova within 35 light years of Gliese 721 d, since renamed to Providence, had occurred decades ago. It was only a matter of time before it would reach the planet. In order to prevent mass hysteria, the news was kept under extreme restriction.

. . . . . . . . .

The year is now 2117. A multitude of conflicts threaten to destroy civilization on Providence; a scarcity of resources has created an increase in crime, and unstable political systems have opened the door to anarchy and a loss of law and order. To top things off, a recently developed drug that promised longer life and preservation of youth is showing signs of serious adverse effects. Its totality of effects is unknown at this time. Furthermore, groups of radicalists and even cults are beginning to take hold in parts of society.

coding by cychotic

Last edited:

Rules & Etiquette
I. Only real photos and realistic art will be accepted. No exceptions. (Do not use photos of well-known celebrities or figures either. Refrain from using photos of models as well.)

II. Characters must be 25+. This also means that they must have the maturity and appearance of an average 25+ year old. (Although roleplayers of all ages are invited, if you are actually 25+ years of age it would help.)

III. Use third person and past tense.

IV. Keep O.O.C. chat in the O.O.C. thread.

V. Never assume that another character will react in a certain way.

VI. Any action you perform on someone else’s character, no matter what the action might be, should be phrased as an attempt. By making an attempt instead of just doing it outright, you give the character’s player the chance to consent to the action or avoid it if it’s something they’d rather not have happen to their character.

VII. Be considerate of the role-playing mood of others. If you come into a situation where other characters are already engaged in some RP, don’t just leap in with a radically different mood unless you get permission.

VIII. Don’t try to be the center of attention all the time. Be polite and share attention with other characters. You aren’t the only one there to have fun, give everyone their turn in the spotlight.

IX. Give others time to react to you.

X. Avoid god-like abilities for your characters. Roleplaying isn’t about who can make up the best super powers for their characters, it’s about the personalities of the characters. Any character that is ridiculously powerful or has a perfect personality is going to be fairly boring to RP with and will end up being mostly ignored by others.

XI. Never include someone else’s character in a written story that didn’t actually happen exactly as you wrote it without letting that character’s player proofread and approve the story before you post it.

XII. I reserve the right to kick a character out of the roleplay under any circumstance. (I really don't want to have to do this though!) This rule also applies to any co-moderators of this roleplay.

Reminder: RPNation's Terms of Service still remain in effect.

Credit: Role Playing Etiquette

coding by cychotic

Last edited:

Plot & Setting
Providence is on the verge of falling apart. Political upheaval and anarchy threaten to destroy the fabric of society. You must decide if you will be part of humanity's saviors or an anarchist. What you don't know is that a supernova is looming in the not too distant future. When it does hit, 35% of the planet will be scorched in random zones; and Providence's greatest city will happen to lie within one of those zones.

The loss of the city will be what tips the world over the edge. The main powergrid will be lost, sending most of the world back to primitive times. A.I., or Biobots, will become sentient and begin to question their purpose. Then there's RE-gen, a revolutionary drug gone bad. Your troubles won't end there though. As time goes on the adverse effects of RE-gen will worsen and the number of hostiles will grow.

How will you survive this apocalyptic world with no hope of rescue for at least another five years? It would seem that the only way out is to see the world fade to black by your own hand... or is it?

(Click thumbnails for larger image)

coding by cychotic

Last edited:

Military
W o r l d O r d e r

The military is still a unified organization for the most part. Its HQ location was obliterated in the Scorched Zone, though several outposts remain. Their main mission is to help protect and guide survivors to safe zones. Other missions include, but are not limited to, destroying the nests of Abominables and the hideouts of rogue A.I. To the people they are the last reminder of civilization prior to the supernova.

Units can be specialized. Among regular troops are those that are equipped to deal with cold and hot environments. There is also a small team of stealth troopers at each outpost. The tanks of each outpost are equipped with heavy armor and artillery. If there is an engineer among them, then there is a rare chance that military robots will be available to utilize. (It's largely dependant upon having a source of energy available.)

Do not expect to see military personnel often. They can be few and far between.

coding by cychotic

Last edited:

Creatures
A b o m i n a b l e s

The drug RE-gen promised a longer life and preservation of youth. Its positive effects were immediate. Women and men that suffered age related sickness and disability were miraculously healed. For years it was prescribed for almost everything, from chronic fatigue to advanced arthritis. It wasn't until this year that medical clinics and hospitals were becoming overbooked with people who have fallen under some mysterious illness. Nothing in their medical histories tied them all together, except, one thing: RE-gen.

These "abominables" are what will be the result of the wonder drug, RE-gen. Not everyone who has taken the drug will be effected, however, there is an extremely high incidence rate. Its effects are, what we'll call, mild (going insane) to severe (mutation and transformation). Mutations and transormations are random and infinitely varied.

coding by cychotic

Last edited:

A.I.
B i o b o t s

The ratio of A.I. to humans is 1:3.5. A large number of them were sent with the first ship to Providence in order to provide a 24/7 workforce. Now, there are biobots with a multitude of varying functions. Some serve as workers, others as companions or security; but the list doesn't end there. Several different models exist, too. The most recent models have an uncanny resemblance to a real human, but they are expensive to produce. Other models have different degrees of complexity. (Please refer to the photos below. They give a rough outline of how complex biobots can be. In order: Complex to simple.)

After the supernova the powergrids and networks went offline; thus, there was no longer a way to have scheduled mass maintenance. Unchecked, their systems were able to program sentience.

Note: Smaller bots exist as well.

[url=https://www.rpnation.com/media/tumblr_mxm8u51bvg1qdkeiao1_1280.29989/full][/url]

coding by cychotic

Last edited:

Groups
Cults, Organizations, Anarchists, and Loners

As time goes on the number of threats will grow. Macabre cultists and insane individuals will cross your path. Groups of anarchists dot the ruins of civilization and malevolent organizations hide in the darkest corners of Providence.

coding by cychotic

Last edited:
C.S. Guideline

Post your character sheets here: Lazarus: C.S.

Add more information to any section of the character sheet if you’d like, but all fields below must be completed for a character to be considered. Feel free to add BBCode to your post, too. Any volunteers who want to create a fancy BBCode that follows the theme of the RP (futuristic feel) will be greatly appreciated!

***Character application doesn’t guarantee approval.***

(If the character comes across as immature, one dimensional, or incomplete, they will most likely be denied.)

Note: I haven’t decided how many characters will be allowed, but my ears are open to suggestions.

Basic Information
Name:
Gender Role: (Does your character generally act more feminine or masculine?)
Height: (In feet and inches)
Hair Color and Style:
Hair Texture: (thick, thin, wiry, smooth, wavy, curly, etc.)
Facial Hair: (If applicable)
Eye Color:
Complexion:
Skin Tone:
Distinguishing Features: (Something unique that stands out)
Body Type: (Endomorph, Ectomorph, Mesomorph, or somewhere in between?)
Posture: (How does your character present themselves? Ex: Stiff, slouchy, suggestive)
Gait: (The speed and style which how your character moves)

Note: Please do not list sexual orientation. Romance is okay (follow RPNation’s terms of service) but it isn’t the central point of the story. Character development is what I’d like us to focus on. That being said, sexual orientation should be discovered within the roleplay itself.

Background
Back Story: (Just a simple overview. The actual roleplay should reveal your character’s history as they get to know one another. Please be sure to have your character’s personal history already planned before the start of the roleplay though.)
Coming Of Age: (When and how did your character "grow up"?)
Religion/Beliefs: (Is your character religious? If not, why not? If they are, then how religious? Does s/he believe in fate or destiny? Is s/he superstitious?)
Morals: (What does your character find morally right or wrong?)

Behavior & Attitude
General Personality: (In a nutshell, what is s/he like? Again, this should be something that we discover as the roleplay progresses. As with their personal history, please also be sure to have your character’s personality already planned before the start of the roleplay.)
Temperament: (Ex: Choleric/Sanguine/Melancholic/Phlegmatic)
Mannerisms Or Gestures: (Any nervous ticks or unconscious habits your character might have. Ex: Nail biting, crosses arms, or twirls hair)
Flaws: (Refers to negative personality traits, not a weakness. Make sure it's a deep flaw that could actually affect your character, not something trivial like "She can't dance". [Ex: Lies constantly, socially backwards, hot-tempered])
Sense Of Humor: (Dark/dry/witty/sarcastic/dirty/childish/sophisticated/ironic)
Pet Peeves: (Similar to dislikes, only more relating to human behavior than specific objects. Ex: When people tap on things or when people say "You're not fat!" when you really are)
Perception: (How does your character generally see the world?)
Soft Spot: (Their vulnerability, what they feel sorry for or have particularly good feelings toward)
Cruel Streak: (What makes a character act against their usual morals, and act especially mean?)

Last edited:
Was there sentient life on Gliese before the arrival of humanity? I'm thinking about creating a former world order soldier who is a dishonorably discharged "species-ist" - but it's contingent on there being an intelligent, native life form.

If not I can come up with something else.

Was there sentient life on Gliese before the arrival of humanity? I'm thinking about creating a former world order soldier who is a dishonorably discharged "species-ist" - but it's contingent on there being an intelligent, native life form.

If not I can come up with something else.
Hi Sha, yes, there can be some form of intelligent, native life on Providence prior to the arrival of humans. I'm open to adding more lore/information. If that's the route you want to go then I'll think on what kind of species it will be.

EDIT: After thinking a little, I guess it depends on how intelligent you were thinking. If we a dominant native species to the planet, I'd like to keep them very basic and primitive.

Sakura Seoul Sakura Seoul Heh, when I read what that stuff did to people, it was too tempting to have it in my character.
^^

Last edited:
Wow, this is insanely well thought out... Do you think I could have a character that is one of the few people not affected by RE-gen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back