• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Law-Abiding Citizen

Melanin-Gxdess

Give up on your dreams and die.
tumblr_static_c9k3colix28ggss0osw4o0koc.png
In the near future, all criminals will be locked away. It doesn't matter how small the crime, from jay-walking to murder, you go to jail. Only law-abiding citizens will be allowed to roam freely. This method was once helpful; no more crime, happier people, happier lives. Until, of course, the prisons were getting crowded. So, the government came up with a solution; they would be partnered up with a law-abiding citizen. Of course, age and the psyche of the criminal would be taken into consideration. For 3 years they will be given the opportunity to get their act together. If they cannot, they will be shoved back into prison and their opportunity to join the free world lost forever. The partners will be picked randomly and will have to share a space provided for them. In the past, there has been a 95% success rate of turning latent-criminals into outstanding citizens of the society. Today marks the 10th year of this experiment being conducted. Will you succeed in helping turn this criminals life around? Will you fail and leave them hopeless, returning to prison? Or will you become like them and turn criminal? Hopefully not that last one.
tumblr_static_c9k3colix28ggss0osw4o0koc.png

• |Criminals|
    Female:
    Female: Livson-Mae
    Male: Verdance-Sacha
    Male: Muffin-AJ

|Citizen|
    Female: Reserved
    Female: Trignome-Janice
    Male: Shadow-Simon
    Male:

@Anath3ma @thea ysabelle Trignome Trignome Shadow Shadow Verdance Verdance FireFlare FireFlare

Last edited:
Do we post our cs sheets in this OOC thread?

Also, for some reason I didn't get a notification for the @usernames function, so maybe you could re-post the link in the interest check? Perhaps I wasn't the only one who didn't get a notification for this thread.

Do we post our cs sheets in this OOC thread?

Also, for some reason I didn't get a notification for the @usernames function, so maybe you could re-post the link in the interest check? Perhaps I wasn't the only one who didn't get a notification for this thread.

Yes, just post them here for now.

I posted the link in the interest check. Does it not redirect here Dx

Okay, got it!

I think you added the link, but you didn't make it a new post in the interest check; you edited your most recent post to include the link. Notifications only go out for new posts, so I'm not sure if everyone else in the interest check is aware of the fact you posted the link. I only found the update with the link because I was obsessively refreshing the page, waiting for this awesome rp to start.

My CS is finished but I'm not sure if you want us to provide appearance references either by picture or by description. I put a reference picture for him under a spoiler in the accordion.

Sacha

tumblr_oqh7a0qTAq1undo74o1_500.png
Name: Sacha Tannenbaum
Profession: (Former) I.T. professional
Role: Criminal
Personality: Sacha is grim and cynical, relying on sarcasm as a first line of defense. He is easily irritated but rarely responds with outward displays or aggressiveness, instead becoming withdrawn and mopey when things look to be going wrong. After years of being a cog in the machine, both in the corporate world of his old life and in the prison system, he is a classic misanthrope. He is tight-lipped with personal details or genuine thoughts and feelings, but very quick to give exaggerated disapproval or intentionally cutting remarks. Sacha has a low opinion of himself, and takes to absurd self-aggrandizing to disguise it.
A perfectionist, he perpetually finds that nobody meets his standards, least of all himself. He is thoughtful, but more or less spineless. He doesn't feel confident enough in himself or in any ideology to be able to defend a moral point, and is susceptible to persuasion. If asked, he would say that his ideal life would be existing totally apart from society and being self-sufficient and alone, but he suffers without regular attention and interaction.

Bio: Sacha's childhood and home life were essentially normal but cold. His parents were rarely affectionate or emotionally present, but never actually neglectful. He was in the track for gifted children from an early age, and independently learned computer and coding skills. Being an only child who moved frequently in his early years left him alone most of the time and with few lasting friends.
Sacha began interning at the company he would eventually work for during his senior year of high school, which was a successful manufacturing company for machine and computer parts. The I.T department agreed to hire him on full-time after the completion of a 2-year degree. He attended a small college, all while continuing his internship where he worked for a pittance, until graduation. After being hired on a professional basis, he was doing much the same work that he did as an intern. One major change in the tasks expected of him was his downfall: corporate espionage. Sacha and a few of his other coworkers- all of them young and less experienced, desperate to move up in the ranks and find job security- were tasked with sabotaging competitors by hacking company websites, retrieving client lists, stalling out servers, etc. When this sabotage was eventually revealed, Sacha and all of his other coworkers complicit in the crime were sentenced to jail time. After 2 years, Sacha was eligible for partnership in the program that might be able to guarantee his freedom.

Okay, got it!

I think you added the link, but you didn't make it a new post in the interest check; you edited your most recent post to include the link. Notifications only go out for new posts, so I'm not sure if everyone else in the interest check is aware of the fact you posted the link. I only found the update with the link because I was obsessively refreshing the page, waiting for this awesome rp to start.

Whelp now that I know, I shall make a new post
And thank you!
Hopefully it'll start soon and won't die

My CS is finished but I'm not sure if you want us to provide appearance references either by picture or by description. I put a reference picture for him under a spoiler in the accordion.
Yeah a realistic pic is fine
Sacha

tumblr_oqh7a0qTAq1undo74o1_500.png
Name: Sacha Tannenbaum
Profession: (Former) I.T. professional
Personality: Sacha is grim and cynical, relying on sarcasm as a first line of defense. He is easily irritated but rarely responds with outward displays or aggressiveness, instead becoming withdrawn and mopey when things look to be going wrong. After years of being a cog in the machine, both in the corporate world of his old life and in the prison system, he is a classic misanthrope. He is tight-lipped with personal details or genuine thoughts and feelings, but very quick to give exaggerated disapproval or intentionally cutting remarks. Sacha has a low opinion of himself, and takes to absurd self-aggrandizing to disguise it.
A perfectionist, he perpetually finds that nobody meets his standards, least of all himself. He is thoughtful, but more or less spineless. He doesn't feel confident enough in himself or in any ideology to be able to defend a moral point, and is susceptible to persuasion. If asked, he would say that his ideal life would be existing totally apart from society and being self-sufficient and alone, but he suffers without regular attention and interaction.

Bio: Sacha's childhood and home life were essentially normal but cold. His parents were rarely affectionate or emotionally present, but never actually neglectful. He was in the track for gifted children from an early age, and independently learned computer and coding skills. Being an only child who moved frequently in his early years left him alone most of the time and with few lasting friends.
Sacha began interning at the company he would eventually work for during his senior year of high school, which was a successful manufacturing company for machine and computer parts. The I.T department agreed to hire him on full-time after the completion of a 2-year degree. He attended a small college, all while continuing his internship where he worked for a pittance, until graduation. After being hired on a professional basis, he was doing much the same work that he did as an intern. One major change in the tasks expected of him was his downfall: corporate espionage. Sacha and a few of his other coworkers- all of them young and less experienced, desperate to move up in the ranks and find job security- were tasked with sabotaging competitors by hacking company websites, retrieving client lists, stalling out servers, etc. When this sabotage was eventually revealed, Sacha and all of his other coworkers complicit in the crime were sentenced to jail time. After 2 years, Sacha was eligible for partnership in the program that might be able to guarantee his freedom.

AJ CLARKE
tumblr_nz1wwmAseZ1snpr1xo1_500.gif

Name: Apollo James 'AJ' Clarke
Sexuality: Homosexual
Profession: Former Musician, Barista and College Student
Appearance:
Height - 5'3''
Weight - 102lbs
Hair - Dark Brown
Eyes - Dark Brown
Clothing Style - Black. Just Black. And Red Hoodies.
tumblr_inline_ob72hyadF01twl8yo_500.gif

Personality:
Vices - Aggression, Callousness, Craziness, Deceitfulness, Impatience, Jealousy, Liar, Madness, Obsessive, Rage, Rashness, Recklessness, Secrecy, Slyness, Stubbornness,
Virtues - Assiduousness, Assertiveness, Courage, Creativity, Curiosity, Daring, Determination, Focus, Foresight, Generosity, Intuition, Knowlegeable, Loyalty, Persistence, Reliable, Understanding, Valor, Wisdom.
watching-death.gif

Bio:
Apollo was the first kid in their family and older by a few years. He has a little sister called Jade who he calls JB or Sunshine. In return she called him Moonlight or AJ. His Dad was called Christoph and he's a bad person, a child abuser. His Mom was called Becca who is working an underpaid job to support her kids. Their parents are divorced. They were divorced once she found out he'd been hitting Apollo when she wasn't around. His Dad was a cop and his Mom ended up not getting custody of her children. She went to live with her sister and JB ran off soon after that knowing something bad was gonna happen, promising to keep in touch but she never did.

She was right about the bad stuff. Their Mom died of cancer 6 months later but they told everyone it was a car accident. A rib punctured her lung and she died on the way to the hospital. Apollo couldn't mourn for long. His Dad got even more violent against him and he was bullied at school. He began finding ways to escape. He went to the music room at lunch and began to play guitar and sing. He was pretty good. He graffitied at school and around town to give him a reason to stay out of the house. He couldn't be there when his Dad was there, drunk and abusing him to the point of him going to the hospital.

Around the time of him leaving for College when the murder happened. To this day he still didn't fully remember exactly what happened. After killing his Dad he passed out and when he came to he realised what he had done. He made a plan and wanted to dispose of the body. It almost worked until he was caught with the body in the incinerator. He was thrown behind bars and has remained there for a while. Whilst he was there he knew he couldn't survive with this persona so he lied about most things. Where he came from, his home life, his schooling, what he was into, who he was into... He became nobody and began to even go by his childhood name of AJ which he'd never done before. It was strange and he didn't enjoy it at all but if he went back to his true self, he'd never be able to go back to the prison gang that he was in.
completed​

Last edited:
  • 61b45c5fc7152889a3d216e821711af7.png

Name

Mae Pratchett

Profession

Car Thief
    and
    Small Time Drug Dealer

Role

Criminal

Personality
    Mae is the poster child for troubled teens. Dark, dirty humoured, rebellious, snarky, violent (though that's mostly bark rather than bite) and a pain to be around in general. She is deadpan and apathetic, and enjoys insulting and upsetting people. Her motto: "If you don't have something rude and emotionally devastating to say, don't say anything at all." She despises positivity and friendly people...well, really just people in general but especially positive and friendly people, and she is very obstinate to the point where asking her to do something will almost definitely provoke her to do the opposite.

Despite this, she is human. She has weaknesses (namely: cats and waffles), and can be won over. Though her loyalty is hard to get, when you do she will stick by it. But again: it's hard to get. Even if you think she likes you, check again. You never know how much she cares, or whether she's willing to sell you out.

Bio
    Mae began selling drugs when she was 14, while her family was going through a particularly rough patch. Her father had walked out, leaving behind a ton of debt, and her mother was struggling to find a full time job. Feeling deserted and neglected, Mae began to get in with the 'wrong crowd'. It happened surprisingly quickly, and in mere months she was one of their top dealers. Her mother got a better paying job, and things were going moderately well. Unfortunately, that couldn't last forever.

She was caught when she was 15, during a gang bust. Mae ran, and managed to escape, but her face had been spotted and so she left. Just...up and ran away, leaving her poor mother heartbroken and alone. They haven't heard from each other since. Seeing as, at that time, the legal system and jails were in turmoil very little effort was put into finding this young, teenage girl who probably wouldn't last long on her own anyway.

Mae moved to almost the other side of the country, and picked up in the same business there. She also learnt how to jack cars, and had a good deal going on with a company that she could sell to. She lived on the street, but was mostly fine with it. She knew that if she really needed to, she could always manage to find somewhere to stay. She even made some friends. Once again though, in her opinion, the law ruined it all. She was once again caught in the act, and a very solid case was quickly built against her. The friends that she thought she had turned her in without a second thought for their own safety. She was arrested at 18, and has been in jail for little over a year now.

Other
    Although she sells drugs, she refuses to use them herself. This is because of her controlling streak; you can't even control yourself when you're 'under the influence'. This goes for heavy drinking too.​

Last edited:
Haircut-for-Curly-Hair-Men.jpg

Name
~ Simon Nevey
Profession
~ Bartender
Role
~ Lawful Citizen
Personality
~Simon is a gentle person and a true artist at heart. He is usually plagued by wanderlust, but he likes knowing that he has a place to call home. He is very passionate about whatever he puts his mind to and gets easily bored when he has no goal to accomplish. He finds happiness in helping people, which is a bit cliche, but Simon is practically a walking cliche. He tries to be a ray of sunshine even to strangers and he regularly volunteers for any good cause he comes across. This is mostly because of what his mother told him, and he tries his best not to let her down.
However, he does have a hidden inclination for danger. Sometimes he enjoys tempting fate, even if he regrets it later. Somehow he has never been caught doing anything too wild; something that certainly makes him feel lucky.
Bio
~Simon was raised by a lovely single mother who did everything in her power to give him a good life. She firmly believed in God and taught him to do the same. He never quite believed as firmly as she did, but he was usually willing to do anything to make her smile. When he was fifteen, she developed cancer and was given a few months to live. She refused to spend that time in a hospital, so she used up her special savings account to travel all over the world with him. When she died her last words were, 'live well, and whenever you can, do something to make someone smile.' Like any faithful son, he took her words to heart. He was taken in by his godfather and he spent the rest of his childhood on a farm. When he moved out on his own, he got a job bartending. While it wasn't his dream job, it paid enough to keep himself alive with a little extra to spare.
Other
~​

Last edited:
All completed profiles so far are accepted

I wanna try to start this Friday so if everyone could have them done by then, it'd be great <3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back