Other late-night freaky writing

Ukko

For here I come to kill the rotten heart.
Every now and then I see a boy sitting on the roof of the apartmentcomplex I live in. He can´t be older than ten but despite of that, he always seems to be alone. But that doesn´t mean he seems sad the times I see him, he always has a quite cheeky smile on his face infact.

It´s wednesday evening, night actually..to be precise 11:57 pm. Beside me lays a box with all kinds of snacks, a can of beer, a phone with headphones and some small pillows. Exactly, I am on the rooftop sitting on a blanket and beside me all the essentials for a sweet date under the night sky. Well or in my case the perfect setting for a breakup. What happend? Well me and my beloved, who´s currently overseas studying planned a romantic, virtual date. Turns out they just wannted to use this as a grea opportunity to break up with me. So yeah, now I´m sitting here, crying my eyes out. Actually I stopped crying after 5 minutes. Crying only for 5 minutes for a 4 year relationship? Well now this has been really worth it. Wasted time, now that I look back on it. Looking finally up from the beautiful view of my knees, I see somthing snickering around in the darkness at the enterance to the roof, "Who´s there?", is the only thing I said dry. In the weak light´s of some fairy lights, which the other residents put up here. A boy not older than ten comes towards me. He has a bashful smile on his face, or that´s at least what I imagined to see in the dark. It´s the same boy I saw sometimes up here already. "What are you doing up here so late kid? You should be in bed at these times." His reply to hose words were shocking for an only ten year old boy. "Shouldn´t you be in bed as well, oldy?" After that he smiles even more at me. I´m totally taken aback. THe boy stilll going into my direction finally let´s himself drop onto my blanket besides me. Without any further thoughts he starts talking in an unusally mature way. "Partings are sad between humans or animals, but one thing that doesn´t really seem to be misssed when gone is food.", and with that the boy takes a bonbon out of my box. What´s this supposed to be? A kid giving me love advice and STEALING my snacks?? Ijust start to get myself ready for a nice little talk over "What´s yours and wha´s mine" when the boy suddenly says something completely out of the blue again: "Which is faster a train or a bus?" But before I get time to realise tha I got cut off, in a conversation again. The boy starts talking about break-ups or that´s what I expected he talked about. I simply just ignored the whole other stuff he keeps rambling on, this whole time. But this struck me. "Would it be great just being able to redo, or undo? Or basically just change up things completely?" I looke at him directly, somehow this just didn´t sound like a joke. "Look up", is what the boy said.

And suddenly the whole sky was coloured in a dark red instead of black. The only thing th boy said was "Have fun!" then he ran back o he roofs enterance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back