• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Lasting Light

Characters
Here

GREG BUSTER

"I'm your all clear, honey." Buster said, leaning to the crutch and gazing at the closed door before him. Pandora's words came muffled from behind the barricade, bouncing off the walls of the empty hallway in the medbay.

"Well... this cabinet is just too heavy for my little arms to move."

It made him chuckle. "Ask the new chick, she looked more capable to me."

"She's wounded, she shouldn't be doing anything."

"I'm wounded too."
He whined on the show, pretending to be hurt. Which he was but not recently. "Need some pill for my back. Or a kiss." He smirked to himself. "Whatever works better."

He heard her say something towards others inside before addressing him with a question. "You're not going to give up, are you?" Hearing her shuffle the cabinet Buster tried the door and hobbled inside, unhesitatingly getting into Pandora's personal space. "So how about that kiss, doc." Momentarily ignoring the others.

"The best you're getting is a pill."

Greg chuckled and approached the first empty bed to sit down, biting back a wince while doing so. "So who's the fishies?" He tossed a single glance to Haweon. And laying down he blatantly asked the little one who seemed more hurt. "You bit?"

That's when Buster's radio crackled with chopped words. He lazily sprawled over the bed, glancing down at the thing without touching it. Static cut through transmission but eventually everybody heard the person on the other side loud and clear. "We need a doctor! Open the gates!"

Stan almost overlapped with them, confirming. "I can see an old Cummins from up here, Mr. Font ….89's." He mused. "Ther'r men in the bed. And there's blood."

Expanding on the elderly man's words the other person on the radio spoke up again, sounding tense. "It's Harry. Harry got shot." Jose clutched one hand on the walkie talkie, holding to the side of the bed with the other. The young guy next to him kept pressing a rag to the unconscious leader's back. Sam was behind the wheel, racing time to get the wounded male to their base, to Pandora.

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

NanLia NanLia
Miaow Miaow
Safton Safton

you won't wait
for me when
you're sober
MINNIE AND HAEWON
MOOD

exhausted

OUTFIT

Haewon and Minnie

nurse's office - highschool

INTERACTIONS

Pandora, Greg

Minnie froze as the stranger spoke to her. She didn't know what he meant by "fishy," or why she and her sister were one, and he also didn't seem like the kind of man she wanted to be speaking to.
"No, Buster, I checked," Pandora chimed in before he could hassle Minnie any further, rummaging through the medicine cabinet for anything she could spare. Using their small stash of meds on someone like Buster was always a little frustrating.
"Fishies? That's a new one," Haewon piped up, eyebrows raised.

Before Pandora had time to stop Haewon from picking a fight, her attention was drawn to the crackling radio. She frowned, it sounded like she was needed. She began to collect her emergency kit, stuffing it into her bag and zipping it tight.
"That sounds bad, I can help if you want--" Haewon offered.
"No-- You two, stay here, and you" She pointed to Buster, "Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone," She instructed, tossing a bottle of pain pills to him. It felt wrong to leave him with two young girls, not because he was dangerous, but because this man had no filter, she couldn't even begin to guess the things that could come out of his mouth.

She slung the bag over her shoulder and began her descent, carefully traversing the stairs. A man in the bed of a truck and a lot of blood, that certainly wasn't a good sign. She didn't know how long ago he was shot, how much blood was lost, if the bullet had made a clean exit. Her mind was racing as she went over everything she had to check before she could even begin to treat him. She hurried towards the gate, clinging to her bag.

code by ditto (head empty go bonk)

T-Shirt.jpg

Xander Font
Xander wanted to stop Nari as she began to apologize to him. However, she soon lapsed into a rant about her planned improvement for the colony -- both for fortifying their defenses and increasing their sustainability in the long-term. He would have loved nothing more than to tell her to forget about it, relax, and decompress... but he knew better. Not only were those all valid, immediate concerns for the School and those inside that overrode his personal feelings on the matter, but he was well aware that Nari's best coping mechanism for stress was throwing herself into whatever her current pet project was. In all likelihood he'd be doing more harm than good by trying to get in the way of that.

Instead, he simply settled for a soft smile as she thanked him. "Don't mention it," he remarked. "I should check in on--" he began to speak when his radio squawked.

"We need a doctor! Open the gates!" The transmission was garbled, but he knew the voice came from their scavenging team immediately and he felt his heart sink. The sensation wasn't helped by what Stan said next -- stating that Harry, at the very least, was wounded in the back of a truck which would no doubt bring more infected down on them. He couldn't worry about that now.

"Goddamnit," Xander hissed to himself before reaching for his radio to thumb the transmit button. "Open the gates, cover their entry. Doc, meet me there."

He turned to Nari, giving her an apologetic look. "Go check in on our new arrivals. I'll see you soon." With that, he lumbered toward the front of the school and the gates large enough to receive vehicles -- down the corridor from the side door where they had received Haewon & Minnie.

Nari Mochizuki

What embarrassment Nari felt was quickly dissolved as she listened in on the distress call through Xander's radio. She wanted to protest his order to check on the girls; she could help! But she didn't. She didn't doubt that she kept her silence because she knew the truth - she wasn't helpful. She would be in everyone's way and she didn't have the skills to do anything of use. She nodded and turned to jog down the hall to the nurses office where the girls were.

"Alright." She said quietly to herself before pushing through the door to face the girls. She paused, stunned to see Buster lounging on a bed himself not far from the girls and something close to panic spiked deep within her. "The hell are you doing here?" She hissed, moving into the room and made a point of placing herself between the girls and Buster.
Miaow Miaow Bullyboy Squad Bullyboy Squad

you won't wait
for me when
you're sober
PANDORA
MOOD

Panicked

OUTFIT

Pandora

Highschool gate

INTERACTIONS

Xander

TAGS

Safton Safton

Pandora fumbled with her walkie on her belt, managing to unclip it and press down a button.
"I'm on my way," She told them, a little breathless from all of the running. Her trainers were a little worn by now, skidding around a corner on the old school flooring. She could see an exit from there but it was locked up tight, she wasn't normally allowed to unlock those without a second person. But... this was an emergency! She would have to break some rules!
She turned the key in the lock, pulling the chains away and bursting through.

From there, she could see the front gate, the truck still approaching. The front gate was one of the only keys she didn't have, she had no real reason to leave the safety of the camp, after all. She began the last sprint towards it, clutching onto her med bag. She had no choice but to hope someone else had the key.

T-Shirt.jpg

After rounding the corner, heart pounding and bones creaking, Xander was mildly surprised to see the doors at the front of the school open by the time he arrived... until he spotted Pandora's form beyond, at the gate. Alone. Now was no time for a lecture. After all, he fully understood what had spurred her disregard for the colony's carefully-established precautions in this case.

For a moment, he ruefully wondered if the plucky doctor would have gone so far as to open the main gate if she possessed a key... but that was neither here nor there. Xander rushed forward, reaching into his shirt to grasp the key strung from the chain around his neck, removing it just as he arrived alongside Pandora with a brisk nod. He hastily worked at the mechanism, the heavy bolt freeing with a thunk as he pulled the gate open and waving the oncoming truck through -- ready with his free hand to draw his weapon and fire at any stragglers that followed it.

Sam, Jose & Jordan

Grit shot from beneath the tires as the vehicle sped through the open gate, squealing into a halt in front of the School building. Jose coughed at the cloud of dust they created, hurrying to grab the unconscious man by the shoulders. "He blacked out, doc! It's bad…It's bad..." He hollered and lamented, visibly shook by the situation, hauling Cox along the younger male who grabbed the team leader's legs. The bed was smeared red all over, and Pandora could only guesstimate how much blood the man lost on the site where it all happened.

Sam jumped out of the driver's side and rushed towards the others by the bed. "It was them." He growled, his own clothes soiled by Harry's blood, a look of strong conviction and anger mixing in his stormy gaze fixed on Xander's face. Jordan, the young man who manoeuvred the fallen one wherever Pandora wanted him, muttered without looking at Font. "They just started shooting, sir–Harry was talking..." His tone shook with anxiety. "and they just s-started shooting at us. Like they wanted to kill us all like- like rabid dogs."

Safton Safton Miaow Miaow

Kurt Blackwood

Hospital Council Member | Location: Church Main Room | Tags: Tyler/Dustin A Sparkling Zombie A Sparkling Zombie , Sandra (NPC), Howie (NPC) |

The van zoomed throughout the silent streets of Oaksville, driving faster than one would likely be going considering the streets littered with debris of all sizes. Not to mention the dead that wander around in the open streets occasionally. One particularly sharp swerve to avoid disaster had Kurt scowling with his arm braced against the side of the van. "Howie, if you wreck the van or blow a tire, I swear to god!" His tone was sharp and anxious. Howie was at the wheel, despite he and Kurt being in a similar state of minor injuries, he'd decided to drive. Kurt suspected that the man felt guilty about the kid getting shot, but who knew. Kurt sure as hell did. Howie grumbled a response but slowed down a little, and Kurt turned his head to look back into the back where Tyler was laid out on the ground with Amara doing what she could for him, especially given the erratic driving. Sandra was sat nearby helping, or she was meant to be but she'd slipped into what he might describe as a mild state of shock. The woman was silent and staring, but when Amara spoke for her to do something she didn't hesitate.

It wasn't long before the hospital came into view, Howie slamming his hand on the horn well before they got to the entrance. Luckily the doors opened to let them in just as they pulled up. Both men exited the vehicle and Howie opened the sliding door to help move Tyler. Meanwhile Kurt was shouting for somebody to bring out one of the rolling stretchers from the ambulance bay area, and to get those with medical training ready for a patient.​

coded by natasha.

GREG BUSTER

Greg watched the little one and her older sister react to his trademark attitude with tired amusement. If not for his back killing him he could use a nap right then and there. But soon his attention was on the doctor and he caught the bottle of pills with a chuckle. No kiss, oh well. Buster muted the radio, whatever happened out there didn't concern him. Not in his current half usable condition.

Not doing anything stupid sounded boring so he replied making no promises. "I'll just lay here and have a chat with l'ttle gooks." He winked at Haewon before popping two pills, swallowing dry.

Buster relaxed back, letting the bottle slip down the side of his stomach and snug to his hip as he just chilled in the arguably comfortable bed. "You eating that?" He asked when looking at some snacks the girls had. Then at Nari who just stormed inside and stopped in between their beds.

"You wanted me to watch more?" He smirked. "Should have just said so, sweetie."

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

NanLia NanLia
Miaow Miaow

you won't wait
for me when
you're sober
NAGASE MIYU
MOOD

confused

OUTFIT

big jumper

Infront of the hospital

INTERACTIONS

Kurt, Tyler

Now Dustin was back and dressed, Miyu could go back to worrying about the scavenging team. Everyone had gone out scavenging... It was scary. She'd lost count of how long she was waiting. She sat cross-legged on her bed, watching patiently from her window.

Her eyes lit up as she saw the van in the distance. They were back! She couldn't help but wonder what cool stuff they'd brought back with them... They always found something mildly interesting, but... the van was going so fast and aiming straight for the gate! She fumbled with her hearing aids until she could hear the faint honking...

She scrambled off of her bed, frantically making her way out of her room and down countless flights of stairs. She wasn't medically trained, she would probably get in the way... but she'd feel worse if she didn't at least try.

As she made it into the ambulance bay, she could hear Kurt yelling something, but it barely registered with her. She couldn't make out what he was actually saying, but he was... pointing... Oh, a stretcher! She grabbed the closest one, wheeling it as fast as she could across the courtyard to the truck, her bare feet getting poked and prodded by the rocks beneath them.

She caught a glimpse of the injured Tyler as she positioned the stretcher, her eyes widening. She really liked Tyler... he'd always been nice to her, it made her chest tight seeing him injured like that. She swallowed, quickly getting out of the way. Despite what people thought of her, she understood she could be a nuisance at times... it was best to just do what they asked of her and other than that, just keep out of the way.

Her chest tightened as she remembered that really important thing she needed to tell Kurt. Someone had broken in and kidnapped Dustin! Well, they brought him back... but still! Kurt was really busy trying to help Tyler, but this was important, too!
"Ah, Kurt!" She called out, simultaneously signing as she spoke, "Someone broke in, they took some medical supplies!"

you won't wait
for me when
you're sober
PANDORA
MOOD

Panicked

OUTFIT

Pandora

Highschool gate

INTERACTIONS

Xander

TAGS

Safton Safton

Pandora nodded back at Xander, fidgeting as she waited for him to unlock the gate. She wanted to rush through the gate as soon as it cracked open, but Xander was watching her now, that would probably piss him off to no end. She waited for the truck to pull forward before jumping in the back, kneeling beside Harry.
"Don't move him!" She told them as he held her ear beside his mouth, listening for breathing. She pressed two fingers against the thick artery in his neck. Good, he was breathing, but his pulse was thready.
"Help me get his shirt off," She commanded, beginning to undress Harry. She had to determine how many times he was hit and, more importantly, how many bullets had gone cleanly through him. It was a relief to find two bullet holes and two exit holes, hopefully, he wouldn't need surgery... if it hadn't hit anything vital. She could hear Jordan rambling as he tried to explain what had happened but she didn't need to know, she just had to fix it.
"Jordan! I need you to put pressure on the wound on his shoulder," She told him, rooting through her bag before handing him a clean(ish) rag. Jordan could focus on stopping the bleeding for now, the wound to his abdomen was much more concerning for her. There were plenty of organs in there that could've been hit.

There was a moment of hesitation. She'd treated injuries, sure, but this could actually need surgery. She didn't have a sterile workspace, heart monitors, an anesthesiologist... She wasn't even sure she had anaesthesia to begin with. She was just going to have to do the best she could with what she had.
"We need to get him upstairs quickly so I can clean out the wounds," She told them, looking between the multiple men around her.
"Can you guys get me a gurney next time?" She requested, half-joking, but she did truly miss having rolling stretchers...

Xander Font
T-Shirt.jpg

Xander secured the gate behind the truck as soon as it pulled ahead, ignoring the drone of groans from the other side as he turned to see Pandora springing into action. He was tempted to offer his own assistance: he hated the idea of standing around feeling useless. He had helped treat his fair share of gunshot and fragmentation wounds -- simulated or otherwise -- during his time in the military. It had been required for all of the Marines in his unit to become certified as "Combat Lifesavers" so they knew the basics of applying a tourniquet, administering an IV, managing an airway, or spinting a fractured bone in the event a Corpsman wasn't available or needed an extra hand.

...But while Xander didn't know much, he knew enough to know that sometimes less was more and having too many cooks in the proverbial kitchen could lead to confusion at Harry's expense. So he stood by -- lips pursed as Sam approached and addressed him, doing his best to explain what had happened. It sounded a lot like an ambush, but by who? Font was about to ask that very thing when Pandora requested assistance in moving Cox. A gurney would absolutely be a thing of wonder right now, but they didn't have anything of the sort on-hand. "All right. Sam, Jordan, help me lift him. Slow and easy to the infirmary." He eyed a tarp in the back of the truck bed briefly -- just a bit larger than a grown man. It was hardly sterile, but it would allow them to lay Cox in the middle of it before grasping the corners of the material and effectively cradling him to the nurse's office rather than manhandling Harry by his limbs and torso.

George Wilson
whodis.png

Faint shouting alerts him that something is wrong. Moving slowly to the top of the roof, he can see that there are two girls running across the fields with a large number of infected chasing them.

Then he mutters to himself, “There is nothing I can do to help, though I best be back in case this goes badly.”

Slowly, and carefully he climbs back across the roof of the abandoned house. Stopping briefly he looks down into the backward of this once suburban home. A eight foot tall block wall surrounds three structures. A small apartment, a shed and a covered pool. Nodding to himself he observes the area below him, checking for anything that appears out of place. Even though the one entrance to this area is barricaded with stacked blocks and backed by timber, it is apparent that he has not survived this long by being careless.

“Good”, he says softly, “the area is still empty.” He clambers down the pile of rubble that covers the area that the patio door was, and moving to the ladder secured to the wall leading into the next yard over. Standing on the ladder and peering over the wall, he can see that there is nothing in that yard either. Moving with a smooth grace he quietly slides into he next yard over. Checking to make sure that the noise he did make did not draw any attention.

Staying low he moves through the yard quickly until he reaches the side gate and passes through it, crouching in the bushes outside the entryway. The noises are still faint but getting louder. They must be headed for the school. Checking the area in front of him, he sees that there is nothing on the street and he creeps forward. “Never use the same entrance more than once”, he reminds himself. Talking softly. Seeing nothing moving on the street he moves out into the street behind a delict sedan.

Slowly and deliberately he works his way down the street in the direction of the school four long blocks away. Keeping an ear out for any noise, while also being aware of the noise created by the animals that now reside in this area. An area that is quickly reverting to nature, he continues his methodical approach to the school.

Avoiding any movement that he sees on the street he approaches the area where the gate is. Suddenly, the roar of a combustion engine sounds, one running all out. From the sudden jerk, it is obvious that he did not expect this sound. He checks his self winding watch, grunts to himself, and moves a little more quickly in the direction of the school. The commotion caused by opening the gate will make slipping back inside much easier.

The shouting, moans of the dead, and running engine all combine to create an effective distraction as he slips into he compound and around the people in the courtyard. Moving through the gate on the far side of the truck, and nodding at Xavier as he passes into the compound, he sees the reason for the mad dash by the truck.

He coolly observes that Harry has been shot, moves to help carry Harry and keep the bleeding under control by applying pressure to one of the wounds. Trying to be reassuring while not being noticed he murmurs, “We’re going to get you inside and get you patched up” to Harry while helping to carry him to the infirmary. Standing back, George observes that some filed expedient stretchers would be a good addition. Muttering softly to himself he says, “Where to find some unused poles and some canvas.”

Tyler Bennett

Role: Hospital Scavenger
Tags: Kurt ( Crono Crono ), Miyu ( Miaow Miaow ) | Mentions: N/A

He didn't pass out.

His mind swam, but he didn't pass out. Tyler might have chalked it up as a minor victory if not for the panic that threatened to seize him when he saw blood gushing from the wound. His wound. He had gotten scrapes and cuts before. Nothing like this. Enough wits returned to him to apply pressure. The blood was sticky and warm against his palm. His stomach somersaulted.

And then Kurt appeared. He did it. He saved their leader. He didn't dwell on what that might have meant for the other guy. It was the positive he held closely, that and how they all made it out alive.

For now.

But Amara told him to stay calm and he liked the sound of her voice, even if it trembled and quaked in places. He tried to focus on it during the ride back. The bumps were hell. He groaned and gasped every time.

They'd need to get the bullet out, and not much could be done in a moving van without supplies. Amara at least peeled the hoody away. She tore her shirt and pressed it against the wound until they arrived.

Almost as soon as they put him on the gurney, Dustin shouted. It was a noise that filled Tyler with dread, and when he saw the man about to shove himself between him and Amara, he didn't think, he sniped: "Go away."

A sliver of guilt followed the conviction, but he didn't change his mind and he didn't look at the man. Instead, he smiled wanly at Miyu and gave her a thumbs up. He'd be okay.

If he heard it and thought it enough, maybe he'd believe it. The situation scared him, but he tried not to show it.

Dustin Levitt

Role: Hospital Member
Tags: Carson ( Bullyboy Squad Bullyboy Squad ), Miyu ( Miaow Miaow ), Kurt ( Crono Crono )

Dustin didn't have as much luck going unnoticed when he returned. There stood Paul where he should have been in the first place, right above where they had escaped. The part of him that wanted to cling to his last speck of dignity considered waiting him out. It made no sense, and there was going to have to be a conversation about this incident eventually. Might as well start it now.

When Dustin stepped into view, Paul barked a laugh before realizing something wasn't right. "What happened?"

"A boy broke in and stole medical supplies, and I got caught up in it. Thankfully, no one was harmed and he didn't take as much as he could have, but what I want to know is, where were you?"

Paul's expressions morphed from surprise to unease. His posture hid it well. It was all in his eyes, like he'd duck in a shell if he had one. "Takin' a leak."

Dustin shook his head. "I want to go find my clothes and tools to seal up this breach. This conversation isn't over. Maybe you can use this time to think on whether you want to keep lying."

Fortunately, Miyu was the last person to see him half-naked. He asked if she was okay and replied to anything she said, but otherwise left the conversation at that.

Paul earned the consequence of being the one to fix their perimeter, about as soon as Dustin returned with the tools. Maybe the next time Ariana came around, he would think about the safety of the group and not about his other head. In the meantime, Dustin took over Paul's spot on the wall. Mainly he kept looking off in the direction he and the boy had gone. "We've all made tough decisions in this world," he had said before he left. "Trust can be earned, but you have to be the one to make it right."

Some minutes later, a horn blasted the quiet like a bowling ball through a window.

That was bad news. Dustin teetered between conflicting duties until his thumping heart won out. "Paul, I need you to take over. Come up here, please."

He waited just long enough for the man to respond before he beelined for the gates. By the time he reached them, Miyu was already bringing out a gurney.

"Kurt. Kurt, what happened? Who's hurt?" Normally Dustin was a level-headed man, but there was no denying the alarm buried in his voice.

He saw it himself. As soon as he saw the sneaker, he knew.

"No. No. TYLER?!"

He was beside the gurney in a flash.

"Go away."

The words stabbed. His son's rejections always hurt a little, but this time it was like a knife in the chest. He stood there dumbly as they rolled him away. His eyes stung. His hands clasped his head. He wanted to follow after him, but he didn't want to make his boy worse.

Then he heard Kurt.

It didn't matter who he spoke to. It could have been Miyu or any of the other fifty-something people. Dustin heard his voice and saw red.

The next instant, he had Kurt's shirt balled in his fist and his gun pressed to his head. "WHAT HAPPENED? WHAT DID YOU DO? WHAT DID YOU DO?"

Harry Cox

Harry woke up with a start. Sunken in the void of nothingness. He held his breath like he was afraid to check if he was stuck in the vacuum. "Hey honey…" Her soothing voice guided him back, breaking up the darkness. Harry was back home in their bed, with his loving wife by his side. "Bad dream." Her palm glided up and down man's hairy torso, calming him like he was a big bear and she was his whisperer, nudging his nightmares away. Her rosy cheeks and little pointy nose.... blonde locks falling over the side of her pretty face.... Every part of her brought him home.

“It was just a dream...” She reassured, unhesitantly brushing gentle thumb against his brow. To tenderly wipe the beads of sweat from the bruised— Why was his face bruised. Was he in a bar fight? Why couldn't he...

"Something is not right, Sugarbun…" He muttered, his brows knitted, body suddenly struck by pain that made his breath stutter. Harry's eyes shot open, surge of blood in his ears mixed with the thuds of hurrying footsteps and urgent voices. He squinted up at the men carrying him, only then realizing he was held. "Ughww-" The bearded man whined lowly, squirming as the pain spread all across his chest. Shirtless now, hairy arms and torso smeared red. "That mother- fucker-" His tone like gravel, split with pained grunts and frantic exhales.

They finally stopped rocking him like a sack of potatoes and eased his severely injured figure on the empty bed. Harry couldn't see the new girls or Nari, or even Greg. His gaze briefly hung on George but the man was soon gone from his line of sight. That's when the wounded male set his eyes on Xander. "Font-" Jagged cough pulled off his heaving chest. Thick fingers latched onto Xander's shirt, weakly pulling him down as if to make him come closer. "Font- Listen to me…" Face twisted by pain, anger, and determination.

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

Safton Safton , NanLia NanLia , Miaow Miaow , invisioblack invisioblack
Togy Togy

you won't wait
for me when
you're sober
MINNIE AND HAEWON
MOOD

exhausted

OUTFIT

Haewon and Minnie

nurse's office - highschool

INTERACTIONS

Pandora, Greg, Xander, Harry

Minnie already knew not to ask what a 'gook' was. Americans had so many words she'd never heard of before, if she asked about every random phrase she heard, she would be here forever. Haewon, however, looked disgusted.
"How old are you again?" She asked, an eyebrow raised. Too old to be winking at 18-year-olds, surely.

As he asked about the snacks, Haewon took the plate and held it out to her little sister.
"You better eat something before he finishes them," She told her with a small smirk. Minnie was reluctant, she wasn't really hungry... the antibiotics on an empty stomach on top of the shock were making her feel sick. She hesitantly took one and Haewon handed the plate back to Greg.

As the adrenaline finally wore off, Haewon's body began to ache. She'd been up for days now, she was exhausted. She tucked her legs up onto the bench and laid down, her hands resting on her stomach. She let out a deep sigh. She couldn't really go to sleep, she had to watch Minnie... but maybe she could just... rest her eyes for a little while...

As Haewon began to dose off, Pandora burst into the room, followed by a bloody, injured man.
"I'm sorry, kiddo, but we need that bed," She told Minnie in the softest voice she could muster in such a situation, taking her under the armpits and helping her down. She pushed the IV pole towards her to make sure nothing got tangled. She turned her attention to Harry.

"Someone find me Mackenzie!" She called out to the group. Sure, she had the book knowledge, but he had the practical experience she lacked. She grabbed a bottle of antiseptic, pouring into onto a rag. "I need some pain meds, IV paracetamol."
"This is going to hurt," She warned Harry, "Three, two..." She began, pressing the rag to the wound as Haewon popped up behind her, clutching a little bottle of paracetamol. It was kind of hard to nap with so many people in the room, she might as well try and help...

In the commotion, Minnie found herself stood in the corner, her stomach turning at all the blood. Everyone was distracted, focusing on Harry, they wouldn't mind if she stepped out, right? She headed for the door, squeezing through with her IV pole. She would just be in the way. In fact, they would probably appreciate her leaving, or at least that's what she thought. She wandered barefoot down the corridor, using her pole for support.

Xander Font

Gif-Talking.gif
Xander's arms were burning by the time they made it to the infirmary and set Harry down on the cot as gently as they could. He winced as he saw the man come back 'round with a start, groaning incoherently while Pandora called out for Mackenzie and began making preparations to treat him. Font was vaguely aware of Haewon and Minnie as they moved about the room, but his attention quickly returned back to Cox. They had bigger concerns at the moment and he doubted the girls were going to get into any trouble in the meantime.

Xander paused as he heard what certainly sounded like his name uttered by Harry in between pained grunts, cocking his head toward the man. Sure enough, he was reaching out with surprising quickness to snatch Xander's shirt collar and pull him in. Font -- both shocked and more than a little curious -- didn't resist in the least. Harry managed to hiss out his name again, followed by a few more strained words: Listen to me...

Xander's jaw clenched and he gently pried his collar from Harry's grip before taking the man's hand in his own. Immediately felt the warm transfer of blood against his palm, between his fingers as he gave him a reassuring squeeze. "I'm right here, brother. It's all right; just hang in there. We're gonna get you patched up," he said, his tone somewhere between soothing and assertive. He and Cox were... not on the best of terms, but he had no wish to watch the man bleed out in front of him.

Nari Mochizuki

School - Infirmary​

Nari could not prevent the disgusted scowl from appearing on her features after hearing Greg open his wretched mouth and utter foul words of hate; even if his body language and tone didn’t share the despicable sentiment the word had she knew better. Words were enough to know exactly what a person meant; anything could be hidden behind a smile or a pleasant tone and she’d learned that far too well since moving to America years ago. She was immensely thankful that neither girl asked what it had meant but part of her worried they already knew the truth of it.

She found herself wishing Greg was far more discomforted than he was now, maybe then he’d learn to respect the people around him. The thought of him in pain or worse shocked her and she felt immediate guilt wash through her, not for Greg, of course - he was party to a group of unkind racist pricks that had invaded her quiet peaceful safety - but for the spirits of her ancestors having had to witness those dark thoughts.

Noise in the hall and growing louder as it approached drew out of her own mind. Nari’s eyes widened at the sight of the blood and Harry’s prone body being carried into the room. She stepped back out of the way, watching as Minnie was removed from the bed to give space to the others to help Harry. Nari knew she was no use to anyone here - the sight of blood making her sick. She turned away in time to see Minnie slip out of the room silently and agreed with the younger girl's assessment: Anywhere else was better than here right now.

Decision made Nari followed the route Minnie had taken (with much less success as she found she needed to tilt the IV pole aside to step between it and the wall) and quickly shuffled out the door to the hallway. She gasped for breath, squeezing her eyes shut to dampen the growing nausea in her belly. And after a few quiet seconds she was able to exhale and open her eyes without fear of throwing up a second time today. She glanced down at Minnie and offered a sad smile. “Want to get some fresh air?”

Safton Safton Bullyboy Squad Bullyboy Squad Miaow Miaow invisioblack invisioblack

Mackenzie Myers
1655297339096.png

Mackenzie had been awake for a grand total of thirteen minutes, and there was already someone bleeding out. His bad knee flared with pain with each footfall as he ran into the infirmary-which he'd argue was more of a triage unit, honestly-before subsiding into more of a dull ache.

"I'm here, anyone going to fill me in?" Mackenzie asked as he burst into the infirmary, his limp especially prevalent after his run across half the school. He hadn't been given any information on what was going on, a man whose name continued to elude him had tossed him out of bed thirteen minutes ago and said 'Harry got shot, they need you in the infirmary' and that had been that. He didn't have much to work off of at the moment, and he hadn't even known Harry had two separate injuries until he looked at the man just then.

Two gunshot wounds, one through the shoulder, another through the abdomen. Body shots were never good, but there was always the slim chance they didn't hit anything important enough to kill him within the hour. Running to the storage, Mackenzie began piling supplies onto a surgical tray that looked suspiciously like a lunch tray. Cotton swabs and cloth to clean the wound, forceps in case the bullets fragmented on their way through Harry, a suture kit just in case, gauze for obvious reasons, the Paracetamol Pandora needed, and etc. Anything they could need, really.

Dumping the tray on a small table near Harry's bed, Mackenzie passed Pandora the Paracetamol as he moved towards Harry's shoulder. "Font, if you want to hold his hand then go to the other side, you're in the way," Mackenzie said dryly, pushing himself between Harry and Font to lay the injured man's arm back at their side. The fact that Harry was still conscious and semi-coherent as him and Pandora started working on him was alarming to say the least, and at any other time he would have let Font keep Harry focused away from the pain, but he really had been in the way. He'd have put Harry under Anesthesia, but he wasn't even sure they had any Anesthesia left. Sometimes it felt like they'd only made it out of Knox with half a bottle of rubbing alcohol and a pack of Spongebob bandaids.

It was only as he was wiping away the frankly copious amount of blood surrounding the shoulder wound that Mackenzie realized some patches of blood had already dried to the skin. "How long has he been bleeding?" Mackenzie asked in concern, continuing to soak the disinfectant-covered cloth in the red liquid. There was so much he could barely even see the actual wound underneath the bubbling stream. Searching inside the wound for bullet fragments would have to be put on the backburner, the bleeding would kill him long before that ever had a chance to. He needed to stop the bleeding, or at the very least stem the flow. For all Mackenzie knew the bullet could have fragmented and hit a vein, artery, bone, or all three. He'd have to dig into the shoulder to find out, and Harry didn't have that kind of time. It was best to just stop the bleeding the best he could and move onto the abdomen.

"At this rate he'll need a transfusion," Mackenzie muttered as he wrapped Harry's shoulder as tightly as he possibly could in layers of gauze, "Does anyone know his blood type?"

Bullyboy Squad Bullyboy Squad
Miaow Miaow
NanLia NanLia
Safton Safton

Harry Cox

Brother. The words didn't fully register but Xander's tone and body language was enough to ease the fluttering pulse at least a fraction. Mindlessly tightening his weak grip on the hand that held his, plunged in the world of pain and fear, Harry found enough strength to speak. But before he could tell Font, utter his maybe final words, someone pushed the young leader away. Their hands pulled apart.

Harry groaned low when the same man touched him, causing more hurt. He didn't want to be there. He didn't want to cling to consciousness. He wanted to be back in his bed, in his house. With his wife.... Harry momentarily forgot about Font, leader's face became just a hazy mirage swamped by other bodies in the room. What was it that he had to say to Xander?

Didn't matter. Couldn't be more important than the touch of his loving woman, cradling his head to her breast.

Cox was in and out of consciousness, barely recognizing what was happening around him. He didn't hear Sam and Jordan both trying to respond to Myers at the same time. Explaining the situation and probably making the room even more septic than it should be. It was Greg who finally drew attention to himself, loudly replying to the final question about the blood type. He was still lounging on the bed nearby, just then sitting up.

"Check his boot, Kenzie." Buster knew Harry and others from the old Knox leadership played commando and duct taped such info to their boots. Crazy fucking people.

Once they pulled Harry's pantleg up they revealed the worn, silver tape. Marked with Xander's blood type.

TEMPLATE © BOKEH

Safton Safton , NanLia NanLia , Miaow Miaow , invisioblack invisioblack
Togy Togy

you won't wait
for me when
you're sober
MINNIE
MOOD

exhausted

OUTFIT

Minnie

outside of nurse's office - highschool

INTERACTIONS

Nari

TAGS

NanLia NanLia

The girl jumped as Nari spoke to her. Nari wasn't scary, nor had she spoken loudly, she just hadn't expected to be followed. She hesitated before nodding in response.
"I didn't wanna get in the way," She muttered, leaning on her IV pole. She wasn't really sure how long she'd been getting antibiotics for, but it was probably fine, right? Plus, Pandora was too busy to ask..

Nari didn't look very well... Maybe they shouldn't go too far for fresh air, that could be a bad idea, but Minnie didn't know her way around the building yet, she would probably get lost trying to find somewhere to hide out. Although, it was only a school, and these new people seemed to have this place locked up pretty tight... what was the worst that could happen? Maybe they should find somewhere close to sit down, just in case.

"Is that man going to be okay?" She asked. Haewon had tried to protect her thus far, try to stop her from seeing things like that, but Minnie had seen people die from much less. That much blood couldn't be a good sign. She hadn't met Harry before, she didn't know what he was like, but she was still worried. She'd seen some things in her short life but she wasn't really ready to see someone die, even someone she hadn't met before.
"Did he get shot?"

Xander Font
Fences Red Shirt.jpg

Xander glanced up in surprise as Mackenzie addressed him; he'd seen the man enter a moment ago, but had been entirely focused on Harry in front of him. Now, however, he released his hold on Cox's hand in order to follow the Corpsman's command, retreating to the opposite side of the space like a thoroughly-abashed child. He had learned long ago as an officer of Marines that no one outranked their beloved "Doc" when it came time for the latter to apply his craft.

As Mackenzie asked how long Harry had been bleeding, Xander glanced around their makeshift OR, but no answer was forthcoming to it or his subsequent query about the man's blood type. He considered leaving the room to go track down one of the people who had gone out with him so that Mackenzie could pick their brain as needed, but stopped when he saw Mackenzie pull up the leg of Harry's pants, revealing something scrawled in black marker on duct tape along the cuff of the man's boot. That was something he'd seen more than once in his time. Marines found various ways to stash identifiers of their blood type all across their kit in case the worst happened: inside their vests, sewn into pockets, or looped through their boot laces. Now Font found himself holding his breath as he leaned over and squinted to make out what was written there.

O+

Xander no longer wore his dog tags, but for the years he had they'd been prominently marked with "O POS" -- right between his social security number and religious preferences. He let out the breath he'd been holding in a huff. "I'm a match. Set me up," he remarked with grim resolve to Pandora and Mackenzie, already rolling up the sleeve of his shirt.

Nari Mochizuki

School - Hallway > Garden​

Nari nodded and shrugged, she understood very well the feeling of not wanting to be in the way, the need to make herself feel small and convenient. It didn’t sit well with her that Minnie appeared to feel the same way and maybe if the world were different, if it hadn’t gone to shit to where people died, came back and consumed the living, she’d fight to teach the girl to be different than who she was.

She glanced back towards the doorway they’d both escaped from and frowned. “I don’t know.” There wasn’t a point in lying to her; she’d seen the blood and heard the chaos herself. “But they’re doing to do their best to help him any way they can.”

Nari took a step down the hall opposite where she and her sister had entered earlier. “This way.” She waited long enough to know that Minnie was following her as she led her down the hall and around the corner. She paused at a set of double doors, waiting for Minnie to catch up with her IV pole before pushing the doors open to the cafeteria of the school.

Inside beams of sunlight shone down on row after row of planters blooming with vegetables and fruits. There were a few other people in the room, working quietly but none bothered to question why Nari was there or who the girl was. “When was the last time you had a fresh strawberry?” She asked Minnie, nodding towards the nearest bushes, heavy with bright red fruit.

Miaow Miaow

you won't wait
for me when
you're sober
MINNIE
MOOD

exhausted

OUTFIT

Minnie

garden - highschool

INTERACTIONS

Nari

TAGS

NanLia NanLia

Minnie wasn't sure how to react. Of course, Nari couldn't know if that man would die or not, she couldn't see the future, but Minnie wished she could. She simply nodded.
"I hope he's okay," She replied simply.

She obediently followed Nari down the corridor, peering back towards the door she had come through. She didn't recognise it, though, but it looked like it led outside. She had a foggy memory of the day leading up to their arrival at the school, she wasn't entirely certain where the school was. She'd kept lots of tourist maps which had come in handy while navigating the surrounding area but she hadn't been lucid enough to keep track anymore. She turned to focus on where her feet were going, carefully wheeling her IV pole down the corridor.

Minnie's eyes lit up at the sight of the garden. She'd always loved plants but her father was never careful enough with them. Many a plant pot had been smashed in her house, she eventually gave up on trying to keep succulents. But this was much bigger and better than the little succulent farms she'd keep on her windowsill. She wasn't sure she'd ever seen so many plants in one room before! She didn't think it was possible to grow food in a world like this... Well, she knew it was possible, but she had never been in a situation where she had the time or resources to do it. They never settled for long enough to plant anything.

It looked like so much fun, working with all the crops, but she wasn't sure she would have the self control not to eat the fruit as she was working. Maybe she could work in the vegetable section... carrots weren't as interesting.

She gasped as Nari gestured towards the strawberries. They were always her favourites...
"Can I have one, please?" She asked eagerly. These weren't her plants to take from, it was best to make sure she was allowed a strawberry, even if she was struggling to hold in her excitement. It was polite... and it kept her out of trouble.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back