• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.
Could I join in with a sort of mage?
Yes in fact most people are expected to use some form of magic as no one can contend with a giant purely physically...one needs tactics, magic, skill, and a good bit of luck.

Cool cool! I’m thinking something along the lines of an elemental mage-knight, though I can come up with something else if you need it.

Hey, just a small bump to clarify. I was talking about like the elemental creature, with the magic of one of the primary elements literally in their blood, and that being the conduit/component to casting those spells, but if that’s a bit too overhaul I understand.

Hey, just a small bump to clarify. I was talking about like the elemental creature, with the magic of one of the primary elements literally in their blood, and that being the conduit/component to casting those spells, but if that’s a bit too overhaul I understand.
it doesnt fit the lore for them to be an actual elemental but i do have a dynamic im workin on for the lore that will allow something like that.

remnant souls are those souls that manage to hold on to a fragment of the old gods essence in the purest form. so far there are three of them known of within the context of the story. the lord warden who is a remnant soul of the long dead war god, the mage school headmaster who is the remnant soul of the god of destiny, and the mysterious Empty saint of combat who is a remnant soul of the goddess of death. being a remnant soul of the sea (water),sky (Wind),mountain (earth), storm (lightning), or sun (fire) god would give you an elemental nature similar to being an elemental, it basically means spells of that type cast are stronger than average and resistances to that particular element are greater...the only banned element is ice on account of how much it would nullify the threat of frost giants who are supposed to be kinda a big deal.

it doesnt fit the lore for them to be an actual elemental but i do have a dynamic im workin on for the lore that will allow something like that.

remnant souls are those souls that manage to hold on to a fragment of the old gods essence in the purest form. so far there are three of them known of within the context of the story. the lord warden who is a remnant soul of the long dead war god, the mage school headmaster who is the remnant soul of the god of destiny, and the mysterious Empty saint of combat who is a remnant soul of the goddess of death. being a remnant soul of the sea (water),sky (Wind),mountain (earth), storm (lightning), or sun (fire) god would give you an elemental nature similar to being an elemental, it basically means spells of that type cast are stronger than average and resistances to that particular element are greater...the only banned element is ice on account of how much it would nullify the threat of frost giants who are supposed to be kinda a big deal.

Cool! Well in that case I claim the sun god as my Remnant Soul.

I had an idea for the whole “mage-knight” concept I was going for. I was debating between my character being mostly knight with a bit of mage on the side, or being “half-and-half”, but I scraped both of those ideas in favor of them being “all mage” as well as “all knight”. This wouldn’t impact anything mechanically, it would just be flavor and roleplay text for who my character is as a Remnant Soul and also their power and prowess while facing the giants.

Ooo i'll love to join in as well !

Thinking of my dude coming from Jouktan and having that fun time experience of giants crashing stuff in the regular there.

Rogue with wind affinity, I think

Ooo i'll love to join in as well !

Thinking of my dude coming from Jouktan and having that fun time experience of giants crashing stuff in the regular there.

Rogue with wind affinity, I think
love me some rogues. jouktan is a hard place to be raised, youll likely be multilingual.

I think I’m going to have my character be from Baham or somewhere in the surrounding area.

love me some rogues. jouktan is a hard place to be raised, youll likely be multilingual.
I see! If theres multiple languages to be had, can I have some direction as to how Jouktan dialect goes? For writing purposes cos fun tidbits like that is really nice. Doesnt have to be firm ofc, i can eventually create some too to ease on the lore baggage haha

Also atleast that makes sense! I'm going for a messenger-ish background for my lil dude

I see! If theres multiple languages to be had, can I have some direction as to how Jouktan dialect goes? For writing purposes cos fun tidbits like that is really nice. Doesnt have to be firm ofc, i can eventually create some too to ease on the lore baggage haha

Also atleast that makes sense! I'm going for a messenger-ish background for my lil dude
there is a common dialect in roh, but there are offshoots of that language for each race, elven, orcish, dwarven,highlander, and lowlander human dialects. jouktan is lowlander like cockney mixed with southern drawl, while highlander is like formal proper english. elven is similar to celtic with similarities to ancient russian (sythian). orcish is similar to urdu heavily mixed with ASL, dwarven is similar to german. giants have their own language as well which is possible to read and hear but impossible to speak as they have a vocal range we cannot mimic.

I think I’m going to have my character be from Baham or somewhere in the surrounding area.
baham is an interesting place. youd be one of the few who get a deep education of the past 4000 years of history as they care very deeply for history.

baham is an interesting place. youd be one of the few who get a deep education of the past 4000 years of history as they care very deeply for history.

And of course, being a Remnant Soul, my character would also be deeply fascinated in the gods, and would probably learn the ancient language of the gods, maybe Draconic for Bahamut and Tiamat as well. Is there a particular special origin of Remnant Souls, like are they literally born out of the ashes of the old dead gods?

And of course, being a Remnant Soul, my character would also be deeply fascinated in the gods, and would probably learn the ancient language of the gods, maybe Draconic for Bahamut and Tiamat as well. Is there a particular special origin of Remnant Souls, like are they literally born out of the ashes of the old dead gods?
Everyone was literally born from the ashes of the gods or at least thats how all mortal races originated. remnants were the clumps of ash that kinda stuck together and have more magical essence than normal. essentially mutants. the draconic language technically doesnt exist on this world neither do "true" dragons. the "dragons" we have now are baloths, wyverns, and dinosaurs all of which folks call dragons here. however True Dragons are the children of either tiamat for the chromatic, or bahamut for the metallic dragons. they are far more intelligent than the Dragons we have now and are very powerful sorcerers. they are in space at the moment so we havent gotten there yet...on the plus side when they do arrive they become playable immediately.

Everyone was literally born from the ashes of the gods or at least thats how all mortal races originated. remnants were the clumps of ash that kinda stuck together and have more magical essence than normal. essentially mutants. the draconic language technically doesnt exist on this world neither do "true" dragons. the "dragons" we have now are baloths, wyverns, and dinosaurs all of which folks call dragons here. however True Dragons are the children of either tiamat for the chromatic, or bahamut for the metallic dragons. they are far more intelligent than the Dragons we have now and are very powerful sorcerers. they are in space at the moment so we havent gotten there yet...on the plus side when they do arrive they become playable immediately.

Ooh, exciting! Can’t wait for the dragons!

So is the Remnant Soul a passed down thing or would my character just come from a normal human (or elven, or both) family but suddenly have a giant clump of the sun god’s ashes in him and mutate with that?

Ooh, exciting! Can’t wait for the dragons!

So is the Remnant Soul a passed down thing or would my character just come from a normal human (or elven, or both) family but suddenly have a giant clump of the sun god’s ashes in him and mutate with that?
essentially its random, at birth the child seems to just inhale all the magic in the area they are in and the concentrated magical energy awakens the fragment of divine essesnce in them and boom, they get divine power. it doesnt say make them like the human torch or anything, but as a child they could probably put their hand in flames for a few seconds, or grab a handful of smouldering coals for a second or two without getting burned. eventually when they would try to cast magic they would find other elements to be uncomfortable though not really more difficult, however...eventually they would find their affinity element which would just feel right. the spells of the particular element are usually around twice as powerful as normal but without costing more magical energy, meaning remnants sometimes struggle to control the raw mystic power they have. for example the Lord Warden is known for accidentally putting people through walls when she pats them on the back because the war god makes her strength modifying battle runes very powerful.

essentially its random, at birth the child seems to just inhale all the magic in the area they are in and the concentrated magical energy awakens the fragment of divine essesnce in them and boom, they get divine power. it doesnt say make them like the human torch or anything, but as a child they could probably put their hand in flames for a few seconds, or grab a handful of smouldering coals for a second or two without getting burned. eventually when they would try to cast magic they would find other elements to be uncomfortable though not really more difficult, however...eventually they would find their affinity element which would just feel right. the spells of the particular element are usually around twice as powerful as normal but without costing more magical energy, meaning remnants sometimes struggle to control the raw mystic power they have. for example the Lord Warden is known for accidentally putting people through walls when she pats them on the back because the war god makes her strength modifying battle runes very powerful.

Sounds great! So being a “mage-knight”, and being from Baham, my character will have probably been practiced in sword/war magic, as well as the general arcane arts, but would have also probably trained and enhanced their skills in Fire magic specifically.

Would many people know what a Remnant Soul is, and if they did, would they know my character is one?

Sounds great! So being a “mage-knight”, and being from Baham, my character will have probably been practiced in sword/war magic, as well as the general arcane arts, but would have also probably trained and enhanced their skills in Fire magic specifically.

Would many people know what a Remnant Soul is, and if they did, would they know my character is one?
yes that all sounds fine, well versed in tactics as well.

not really there is a mixed reception there. the school at therious knows the most but they are kinda silent about it (aka figure it out in ic) however the common conception is that some are just born gifted and no one really knows why or how, they know of the existence but its a rare 1 in a million thing. so basically of everyone here in roh, the entire population of all 13 nations, there is maybe 250 of these remnants. the school has tabs on at least 50. however as stated only about 3 of them are public knowledge, Lord Warden, Headmaster of mage school, And Empty Saint of Combat...you may add yours to the list if you want. most nations would be really happy to brag about having a remnant in their royal family or military.

DF77345C-581D-47B6-8872-488025A78519.jpeg
(I’ll color this later)
13 Kingdoms
(many thanks to @Fluffykitty9000 who i could not have done this much without)

1. Rystol- a coastal City nation with a very large fishing community and they are the inventors of the harpoon which they have used to hunt large fish, sharks, and whales. They trade in valuable pearls and have a very effective way of preserving fish meat for up to five years. They also provide most of the oil to the southwestern portions of Roh. Finally they provide large shipments of harpoons to the Wardens who use it to keep their fishing territories mostly clear of the giant threat.

2. Mydaka- a large orcish tent city in the forest that grew into a full blown city after three elven tribes moved into the trees around where the tents are set up. Afterwards hunters of all kinds would flood to this city growing its population and clearing the central parts of the forest. They now seem to mainly trade in lumber but hunters frequent the city and keep trade thriving with pelts, organs, and bones that are useful in tool making and spell weaving.

3. Delphor-a huge ornate city carved directly into a mountain out of the native stones. It is the oldest city in Roh at over 4000 years old, and is said to have been built by the first children of the gods to visit Roh. the central palace is a impregnable fortress sitting at an elevation of 11,000 feet with winding foot trails leading down to the main city which sits at an elevation of 8,000ft and extends down to the first Step Cliff of the mountain a nice 2000ft above the valley below. Masons and Blacksmiths find this place to be heaven like as they specialize in mining ore and stones, jewelers also frequent the place and It has a very large population of Myconids dwelling in the inner mountain catacombs who provide food for the city.

4. Jouktan- the city of thieves in the swamps of the north west. Assassins and smugglers call this land home and there is a constant struggle between three guilds that dwell in the city. The assassins guild, the Mercenary guild, and the thieves guild. While it is generally thought of as a cesspool the diversity of talents in that place is undeniable and despite being attacked fairly regularly by both sea and forest giants the city is so well dig in with so many places to hide that casualties are always low even if the giant is not stopped by wardens.

5. Baham- the city of the Dragon god of eternity master of time with a religious focused on the passage of time and pre planning. They stand In direct opposition to the city of a Tiam and it is said that 1100 years ago the two city nations were one until they divided themselves with magic and now each city is 70 miles from the border of the lands of the other. Baham’s holy sites are carved from ebony wood and Onyx stone and are some of the most beautiful constructions in all of Roh. Their museum is said to hold relics from the Titans civilization, and the cities architecture is unrivaled as everything is designed for the sole purpose of lasting an eternity.

6. Tiam- the city of the dragon god of infinity and mistress of Space, with a religion focused on diversity of function and multitasking. While their buildings are far less intricate than those crafted by their rival city of Baham Tiam is rather well known for their technological advancements and their study of the stars and special space based Magic’s. Using their knowledge of the stars and atmosphere they can predict weather fairly effectively except for Roils abnormal weather patterns.

7. Therious- Magic experts with college built upon a large cliff side. the city happens to be built upon a massive mythril vein which has caused the entire economy of the nation to revolve around magic weapons, armor, items, potions, and scrolls. home to powerful magical creatures attracted by the tremendous concentration of magic in the city. sadly the frozen wastes and concentration of creatures also attracts frost giants who frequently must be repelled by the mages of the school and the wardens who work closely with the college to find a way to counter the giants with mixed amounts of success.

8. Watazeek- a Dessert city of warriors and cutthroats built around an oasis with a massive gladiatorial Colosseum that the city is famous for. this strict nation has one of the largest military forces in the world and they constantly bolster their number with criminals and those who fight in the arena who more often than not are actually both criminals and gladiators. criminals lose their citizenship and thus all rights and freedoms, they can earn the right to serve in the military via fighting in the arena and if they make it to the army they must serve for at least two years before regaining their citizenship. due to this they actually will sentence all manner of criminals to the arena from thieves who stole a loaf of bread all the way to murderers. while stone giants wander the deserts they are often assaulted by the watazeekian military, also known as wojecks, being dealt with long before the wardens arrive.

9. Voaton- during the god titan war, a large forest was blanketed in debris which were caught by its thick canopy. for almost 1700 years the original children of the gods thought this to be a hill until an ancient map made by titans showed it to be a forest. explorers dug into the dirt canopy hill and found a dark underground forest that had many magical creatures but no giants. a city was quickly built within the mound and a thriving economy grew out of hunting magical creatures and even forming alliances with the local populations such as the myconids or mushroom people who dwelt there before the children of the gods did. in the past century however forest giants have began showing up and their aura seems to have made large chunks of the myconid population turn hostile.

10. Titanias- Nation built in Titan civilization ruins who worship the Titans as great artists and craftsmen and scorn the gods for their mistakes. The people here found the ancient ruins of the last titan stronghold and in it there was a written record that was translated by the people. from there they learned of the titans great stone magitech which they have used to keep the giants out. they often find themselves at odds with the wardens and have the lowest number of contributing recruits. they possess the largest dwarven population in the world and actually have learned to use the Titans old stone working magic allowing them to craft great walls to keep the giants out. however sometimes giants seem to just appear within the walls as if popping up from the ground. in these rare occasions the giants are usually dealt with by warden outposts within the walls, who receive mostly contempt from the local population as they believe the giants are their way of paying for the mistakes of the gods.

11. Roil- Nation with Abnormal weather patterns brought on by some mysterious magical metal concentrations underneath. roil has been known to have sporadic small earthquakes, micro hurricanes, tornado swarms, lightning strikes from clear skys, and even hail that falls sideways. the temperature fluctuates wildly and it seems like this would be an entirely inhospitable environment. yet despite this people have built up a nigh indestructible mobile city and the pressence of Magicite, a component for spell casting that can mimic the effects of any other component, has made this city a booming economy, and beneath the sea facing cliff side lies large deposits of mythril, adamantine, and black steel laced with veins of magicite. they sell their raw materials and are currently the richest nation.

12. Agrinoria- Agricultural super center and primary food producer in all of Roh, which is probably why the other nations haven't pushed into the borders at all. this large community is less of a city and more of a collection of farms spanning the large central plains of roh. thousands of years ago when the first children of the gods carved delphor into the mountains a few families moved out into the plains to build farms. their eldest would claim the farm and their younger children would then spread and make their own. it became a competition between the two bloodlines to make the best farms in all of roh thus making incredibly diverse crops and livestock supplies. as they grew this nation became so influential with their food production that could nourish nations that they were able to get access to two separate coastline properties, and became the largest of all nations, not to mention the origin of the common tongue as everyone wanted to eat as their nations were developing so it paid to learn the language of the ones with the food. providing more that 69% of all produce and livestock in Roh, no nation has ever declared war on agrinoria out of fear of all other nations opposing them.

13. Zoda- Island paradise completely dependent on the wardens for security as they have no military. As such they operate as a island Getaway for wardens and others alike. While expensive to most, it is free to wardens, which keeps a regular supply of wardens to keep the sea giants at bay. known for having beautiful people, gorgeous black sand beaches, crystal blue waters, and a garden of eden like forest with fruit bearing trees and nearly no dangerous predators or insects. the island nations prides itself on the fact that a child could get lost on the massive island and survive by themselves with minimal effort, something that has actually happened often and the children typically live all the way into their elderly years. non locals however are expected to pay for anything and everything they wish and the culture is very much one of service...one can find a price for literally everything. even their justice system is based of serving the community and paying fines with banishment from the island being the ultimate punishment. while they may seem weak and passive the two top predators are the razorfin eel and the curacha spider which they make their weapons from and coat them in venom respectively, a single strike from a Zoda razorfin whip usually carries enough poison to paralyze a raging orc in six seconds.​

yes that all sounds fine, well versed in tactics as well.

not really there is a mixed reception there. the school at therious knows the most but they are kinda silent about it (aka figure it out in ic) however the common conception is that some are just born gifted and no one really knows why or how, they know of the existence but its a rare 1 in a million thing. so basically of everyone here in roh, the entire population of all 13 nations, there is maybe 250 of these remnants. the school has tabs on at least 50. however as stated only about 3 of them are public knowledge, Lord Warden, Headmaster of mage school, And Empty Saint of Combat...you may add yours to the list if you want. most nations would be really happy to brag about having a remnant in their royal family or military.

I'd say someone working at the great museum in Baham would have recognized that my character was a Remnant Soul and would have told them. My character would probably have disclosed this fact to the government of Baham and to the mage school, but to no one else, and would have also asked them to tell no one else.

I'd say someone working at the great museum in Baham would have recognized that my character was a Remnant Soul and would have told them. My character would probably have disclosed this fact to the government of Baham and to the mage school, but to no one else, and would have also asked them to tell no one else.
brilliant. a hidden weapon of Baham. the college in therious would obviously offer to teach your knight as well they do have practicing spellswords and battle mages. plus baham leaders would pay for the education as well so your character could be well traveled and educated.

Now that all the cities are more fleshed out, I'm really interested to play a character from Voaton (oh, no, my mushroom friends are mean now), or the outside area at least. Would it be reasonable to think that someone could live by themselves just outside the city? I really want to lean on the whole forest dweller thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back