• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Land of Wings (interest check)

Well... while I am certainly welcoming humans to this Land, I might need to stress something.
The 'World Below' is our world. Exactly our world. Same technology, same history, same layout, same countries, etc. with that said, our current world doesn't have jet packs that last longer than roughly 20 seconds and need a lot of fuel, which the Land doesn't have. (The Land started to fly even before the dinosaurs came into existence so there is no material in the ground that became oil or gas)

So realistically speaking, jet packs won't work for this roleplay I'm afraid

I almost can't believe how many people have shown interest in this already. This makes me really happy.

Man, I'm interested.
I'm not certain I have the time to commit, though, but I'm sure we could all hear more about the world if I tell you what kind of character I would've gone with for this.

I imagine in this world, looking fly is quite an important part of some cultures. After all, you have an extra pair of wings, and there are likely parallels to the world below where birds have to perform flashy displays in order to gain the favor of their future mate.

Looks are essential for many of the fancier occupations as well. Cloud-dancing, aerobatic air shows, and the regal current all need to stand out somehow.

For all such fashion needs, there are only two people in the world you can flock to. Here, the focus is not on jewelry, clothing, or glamour, but on your natural plumage. With the help of numerous alchemical reagents and inks, you can express your exotic nature in a way mere clothing could never accomplish.

So, is natural fashion as important a subject in the winglands as I think it is, or is the luxury bird a little too overboard here?

Since this is a Land that contains many different species, just like there are many different cultures here on earth, I would imagine that there would be some species that place high value on the natural fashion, while others might prefer trinkets and how well someone is adorned with jewels, or even the practice of marrying off the offspring for the best prospects and name. Some groups might even place more value in how magically gifted someone is and that looks are a secondary point.

After all, I can hardly imagine the dragons to be interested in the same things as an elf or even a demon.

Point being, I think it varies too much from species to species to really be able to say 'oh this is the general way things happen'

As for more information on the Land, I'm always willing to share more.
scaletowidth

The Land came into existence many eons ago. At first it was a part of our world, long before the supercontinent of Pangea even existed.

This is the map of Pangea, and you see that Paleo-Tethys Ocean? That is where the Land originally was. (Also, now you know how massively big the Land is if you compare it to the other continents... Hence why it isn't all that surprising that there are also large dragons and the like in the Land.)

Back in the days before the Land came to floating in the sky it was the only land, the rest was the ocean. This is why the Land was named the Land and the rest was called the Water. After a long time the inhabitants of the Water became greedy and they wanted the area of the Land to be theirs too, so they began to attempt to flood it. Not wanting anything of the sorts the Land's inhabitants banded together and found a way to lift the entire area out of the water and into the sky, far out of the Water's reach.
This left a giant cavity in the earth, and as a result water flowed into that cavity, revealing more and more earth. In the end the Water lost more than they ever would have gained if they had drowned the Land. Over time some inhabitants of the Water adapted to live on land (the theory of evolution) which is how humans came into existence.
Also, over the course of centuries there have been creatures from the Land that either fell off the Land's edge, or flew down on purpose. They are the source of many legends, tales, myths, and religions. (Also the lifting of the land is what caused the initial shift in the tectonic plates, and thus shifting the world into its current position)

So that's the Land's history in a nutshell.

And yes, harpies are indeed welcome too to this place :D

It's crazy late where I am now, but the RP is up.
Or more exactly, the lore, cs and ooc threads.
The IC will be created when I have some time tomorrow.

I do hope to flesh out the lore more. I kind of had to throw it together to at least have something up for people to build upon.

OOC thread
All threads are linked so you can find the others via the links at the top.

Thorn_Reaper Thorn_Reaper heycarmilla heycarmilla Unwavering Knight Unwavering Knight MoltenLightning MoltenLightning RhythmWolf Rocky RhythmWolf Rocky Shog Shog Kachi Kachi hostage hostage Kloudy Kloudy Nephalem Nephalem SP3CT3R SP3CT3R Avatar Arvis Avatar Arvis billthesomething billthesomething Abyss Abyss CrimsonEclipse CrimsonEclipse Prrrgadilly Prrrgadilly official clown business official clown business Kassogtha Kassogtha

Is this still accepting. If so what is the stance on having a griffin character

Yes this is still open, I'm hoping to start the IC soon, the link is in the post just above yours.
(And yes a griffin could indeed work, but make sure you work out the details why they are in the capital and how they would communicate with others)

Is this still open?? it sounds like a lot of fun.
(if still open is it alright if I make a muse that belongs to a high-class family Mother works for the Capital Family Father runs a Jewelry Shop?)

Last edited:
Is this still open?? it sounds like a lot of fun.
(if still open is it alright if I make a muse that belongs to a high-class family Mother works for the Capital Family Father runs a Jewelry Shop?)
This is definitely still open. Olissa Olissa is just having to deal with real life.

Hi! I'm very interested in your rp. Would I be able to create a wingless dragon character? She still would be able to fly but would have a back story of how she lost her wings when she was younger to another dragon. She would also be able to change to a more human like form while in more public areas for the sake of size.

To those that expressed interest, yes it's open, just hop on by. the suggested ideas for characters could indeed work for the RP so feel free to create your characters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back