• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Land of the Poor Lord (Demon World Isekai)

OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Rura picked up the pieces of the wyvern and put them on a makeshift sled to transport them up to the settlement proper. Might seem odd to demons to come across their lord wearing short overalls and a straw hat doing the dirty work herself and pulling a sled with the diced bits of a large wyvern. But in these parts it was normal. Lords were expected to do a lot on their own in the wilds, because a lord not willing to get their hands dirty and do work was not going to last in the Wilds.

Once Rura entered the settlement proper, she was greeted by the carpenter whose jaw droped upon seeing the wyvern parts. "I have never seen one that big. This is also by far the largest creature you decided to take with you this year. Usually you just come back with tusks or some dragon scales." The carpenter said.

"Well, if you checked the board, I made a competitive quest. This is the reward. I just need to have the butcher prepare the meat." Rura said. The butcher, Paan, just came out of his dwelling. "Do you expect me to prepare all that by this evening, my lord?" He said. Rura then replied: "I expect at least fifty portions by this evening. That should be doable. If you do that, I will reward you with a new grinding stone for your tools. I can offer as a compromise to at least skin the beast first, before you prepare the meat." The butcher then nodded and said: "That would make my work easier." Rura then began to skin the pieces.

While skinning the pieces, Rura though to herself that the scales would make decent armor. There could be enough material to make multiple sets of armor, possibly a decent source of income for the domain. Maybe sell off five or six sets to buyers from other domains and maybe giving the newbies something to replace their worst pieces of armor.

(Could be an opportunity for interaction for whoever is in town.)

Walking through the town and getting to know some of the people. Ken sees the quest upon the broad after seeing it he decided to go look for Miss Rura. Once he looked around enough he finds her skinning whatever prey she must have found its way into her path. He thought it looked cool and what did it look like before it dying. But there was no point in even trying right now.

"Hay Miss Rura would like to ask what it is you are doing right now, but that can wait for now can you tell me about the trade and the quest a bit more should I bring tools or be ready for something."

Without wasting much time Remy made his way to the Quarz mine and was stopped by the individual at the entrance of the cavern. As far as he could tell the permit was relatively inexpensive so he simply paid up and made his way inside. The cave already had quite a few individuals stationed all about it searching like he was, if he wanted to get anything he'd have to go much deeper than they were.

It was a rather slow process given Remy had no experience with mining and the crystals weren't exactly abundant. He wasn't sure if they'd mostly been mined up or if they were just naturally kind of scarce here but it'd explain why it didn't cost too much to enter. As he began wondering whether he should try elsewhere he soon realized he wasn't really sure how to leave anymore. When he'd first entered there'd been plenty of other people around but now he couldn't even hear one of them. Oh well, he hadn't been here too long anyways. For now he'd just keep mining and worry about that little issue later.

While skinning the wyvern parts, one of the newbies, Ken, appeared in town and asked what she was doing, but also had a question about the quest and trade. Rura turned around and said: "Well you just need to collect the quarz crystals. You can find them in mines or in stone wall in higher altitudes. A pickaxe makes it easier, but if you have the strength, you can just break the crystals out of the rock. In regards to trade, you just need something of equal value to trade, you don't necessarily need money for a trade. Sometimes if you bring a craftman something incredibly valuabl to them, they will do a job or two free of charge in turn."

"Anyways, I am preparing the rewards for the quest. First place gets a decent starting pack of food. Everyone else who participated gets free dinner on me. I kill this giant wyvern earlier. You can team up with one other person for the quest, so if you need to team up with Remy, you can do that." Rura continued.

Rura mostly needed the crystals to make a decent cementing paste for her future palace, but the quarz would also be useful for other purposes too

Now if there were anyone around to ask, Remy would vehemently deny that he was lost. But given he was alone and had no clue where he was, he was most definitely lost. The only upside was that the deeper he went the more crystals he would find. Presumably that meant he was probably heading away from the entrance but he wanted that first place prize and he wasn't likely to find quarz in such abundance in more populated areas of the cavern.

The only thing that caused him to change course was when his bag was completely filled and he went to check the job postings to see if there'd been any updates on the quest. Unsurprisingly there was no signal this deep into the mines and his instincts as a life long shut in kicked in telling him he needed to get out of there and return to where he could waste time on his phone once more. Thus he pocketed the device, grabbed as many crystals as he could carry, and started trying to retrace his steps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back