• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy land of the free // ooc

Main
Here
Characters
Here

macheath .

𝔫𝔒𝔳𝔒𝔯 π”ž π”±π”―π”žπ” π”’ 𝔬𝔣 𝔯𝔒𝔑 !
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
this thread will be for ooc discussions, questions and other matters for the time being.
edit:
those who are still interested in the rp and would like to post up their cs can still do so. message me if you'd like to join our discord server for plot and character discussions. the rp will begin shortly but there's always going to be free spots available.

there's six participants at the moment. clan members and detectives are always available as roles.

Last edited:
I had a couple questions! c:
Would humans know that vampires existed, or do vampires keep themselves a secret? Would there be a prescence online, such as theories about vampires or forums for vampires to talk?

I had a couple questions! c:
Would humans know that vampires existed, or do vampires keep themselves a secret? Would there be a prescence online, such as theories about vampires or forums for vampires to talk?
i'd say that they generally keep their existence a secret and don't interact with humans a lot if it's not for the purpose of feeding. most of them aren't too social either and tend to not interact with others of their kind unless they have a specific reason to. they're territorial and usually hunt within the area of their current homes. it's very easy for them to spot/sense one another. clans are quite rare and tend to be avoided the most due to their known brutality. theories about vampires sure do circulate the internet but they have been fabricated by humans and certainly not by vampires.

I have some interest in this after seeing the interest thread. Not sure what version of vampire lore you're going with, but I'd be interested in playing a human detective. What kind of roles are the detectives expected to have?

hi, helloπŸ§β€β™‚οΈi heard vampires and manifested.

am on the fence between maybe a troubled prodigy detective, a will graham type of beat maybe? or a clan member who isn't exactly new, but hasn't been a vampire for centuries either. as in, he's awake of the landmine that is vampire politics, but is still trying to navigate it? probably hella ambitious too.

I have some interest in this after seeing the interest thread. Not sure what version of vampire lore you're going with, but I'd be interested in playing a human detective. What kind of roles are the detectives expected to have?
the roles are not entirely fleshed out yet due to me wanting to give the participants more freedom in the plot and oc creation. when i first thought of the human detectives, i had this rather general idea of them becoming progressively more aware of the clan due to their own investigation. after finally getting in contact with the newborn vampire, they'd be aware of the fact that they're certainly not dealing with anything human. they'd still be in pursuit of the clan but their methods would definitely change. i'm really fond of the idea of two detectives going on a vampire hunt. i'm not sure if that'd answer your question but i tried my best. please let me know if there's something i haven't elaborated on.

hi, helloπŸ§β€β™‚οΈi heard vampires and manifested.

am on the fence between maybe a troubled prodigy detective, a will graham type of beat maybe? or a clan member who isn't exactly new, but hasn't been a vampire for centuries either. as in, he's awake of the landmine that is vampire politics, but is still trying to navigate it? probably hella ambitious too.

both ideas sound insanely interesting! i'm not really sure how many more participants there will be but if anything, you can definitely send in both character ideas if you wish to do so! the will graham type of detective has me on the edge of my seat to be honest.

also, regarding the vampire lore; i'd say it's a little bit of everything. they're definitely most related to the traditional european vampire in terms of their outer appearance and most of their weaknesses (sunlight, fire, no reflection, etc.) i figured to give them certain abilities in a not so traditional sense in order to make the overall roleplay more fun for the participants. i'm very fond of the demon related lore when it comes to vampires so i decided to mix it up a little bit.

the roles are not entirely fleshed out yet due to me wanting to give the participants more freedom in the plot and oc creation. when i first thought of the human detectives, i had this rather general idea of them becoming progressively more aware of the clan due to their own investigation. after finally getting in contact with the newborn vampire, they'd be aware of the fact that they're certainly not dealing with anything human. they'd still be in pursuit of the clan but their methods would definitely change. i'm really fond of the idea of two detectives going on a vampire hunt. i'm not sure if that'd answer your question but i tried my best. please let me know if there's something i haven't elaborated on.
Will have to have some ways to tie things together and make sure the investigation has somewhere to go, but that sounds good to me. I'm down to make a detective when the time comes.

the cs thread's available now.​

both ideas sound insanely interesting! i'm not really sure how many more participants there will be but if anything, you can definitely send in both character ideas if you wish to do so! the will graham type of detective has me on the edge of my seat to be honest.
i definitively might!! this rp setting is really big brained tbh, both human and vampire characters would be. 🀌 chef's kiss. obvs if somebody else gets interested in a detective i might not, but am in love w the plot anyways.

i'll drop in a placeholder for now and hopefully get smthn up in a day or two!!

Is this set in a specific country or is it fictional?
it's set in the united states. more specifically in new orleans, a city in the state of louisiana.

Miss Yu Yan is up c: (she underwent a name change since I posted the placeholder)
I keep imagining very mushy, romantic scenarios between her and Jehan, like art gallery dates and hiding together while at parties to be antisocial together, cuddling while she drinks from him...

Miss Yu Yan is up c: (she underwent a name change since I posted the placeholder)
I keep imagining very mushy, romantic scenarios between her and Jehan, like art gallery dates and hiding together while at parties to be antisocial together, cuddling while she drinks from him...
she's adorable. we can definitely discuss their relationship to each other if you'd like. there will be a discord server for those matters but as of right now, you can always hit me up on here!

she's adorable. we can definitely discuss their relationship to each other if you'd like. there will be a discord server for those matters but as of right now, you can always hit me up on here!
Sounds good! I did want to discuss how he turned her at some point, I didn't want to write any of that without talking to you first c:

macheath . macheath . What era is this taking place in? What resources do the detectives have and how big of a case is this starting out as in a list of priorities?
Will multiple detectives be assigned to this one case of human disappearance or will there be multiple cases detectives take that happens to, at one point, all converge into the irrefutable truth that it is all connected?
How effective are regular firearms against vampires and are methods of combating against them in the night feasible in any way shape or form?
I have alot of ideas so I wanted to get some questions out before I start :D

Also, it is such a struggle finding a realistic faceclaim because all my usual faceclaims are from games or anime 😩 Will try my best to find an appropriate one though!

i finally got to write a bit for my vampireπŸ§Žβ€β™‚οΈ hopefully i get to finish her soon

macheath . macheath . What era is this taking place in? What resources do the detectives have and how big of a case is this starting out as in a list of priorities?
Will multiple detectives be assigned to this one case of human disappearance or will there be multiple cases detectives take that happens to, at one point, all converge into the irrefutable truth that it is all connected?
How effective are regular firearms against vampires and are methods of combating against them in the night feasible in any way shape or form?
I have alot of ideas so I wanted to get some questions out before I start :D

Also, it is such a struggle finding a realistic faceclaim because all my usual faceclaims are from games or anime 😩 Will try my best to find an appropriate one though!
1. it's set in modern days, just without the pandemic. i doubt any of us would like to include that in the rp due to the restrictions that'd come along with it.

2. it's really up to the ones who roleplay as the detectives, i'd say. use any resources you can come up with, though i'd say that the gradual disappearance of one too many people starts to become highly suspicious. eventually the first bodies would be found, thus the overall investigation would become much more of a big deal. right now, there's only one case, but we can definitely add a few more. i've actually thought of the idea of another case regarding the disappearance of the newborn vampire. she's the sole survivor so far, thus her body has never been found by the authorities. it's just an idea though and i'm open to any of the participant's ideas. let me know if you have any ideas of your own that we could implement into the plot!

3. i've been thinking about adding the "stake through the heart" thing as an effective killing method. as of right now, the only ways to truly kill a vampire would be exposure to fire or sunlight. weapons of any kind are not able to kill them but could definitely slow them down. they do feel pain after all and might need time to regenerate their wounds. i would not recommend attempting to fight them at night since they're much more vulnerable during daytime. they wouldn't be able to leave the place they're hiding at which would make it much easier to take them down.

4. take your time with the face claim. if it really turns out not to be possible to find a fitting one, i might allow unrealistic face claims. the overall character description itself is much more important to me than the appearance.

if you have any more questions and/or would like to implement your own ideas into the plot, just let me know!

Does the backstory have to be very detailed?
definitely not. the most impactful memories of your character would be enough, too. besides, parts of your character's backstory can always be revealed throughout the actual rp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back