• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Futuristic Land of Confusion - Interest Check

Wonderblue

The Only Ocassionally Reliable RP Partner
I won't be coming home tonight.
My generation will put it right.

hawken-online-mech-mecha-shooter-robot-futuristic-sci-fi-77.jpg

It's 2057.
Seven years after humanity's doomsday.
On one faithful day, July 8th, 2050, everything just went wrong.
Science predicted that Earth's resources would run out on this day, and that it would be the point of no return for the levels of pollution.
But nothing could predict the slaughter that took place at exactly 12:03.
A coordinated attack by an unknown force struck these major cities across the world.
Tokyo, Japan. Jakarta, Indonesia. Shanghai, China. Seoul, South Korea. New York, United States. Dehli, India. Sao Paulo, Brazil. Greater Cairo, Egypt. London, England. Moscow, Russia.
Suicide bombers, gunmen, choppers, it was an army rising up and slaughtering everyone in sight. They scoured the lands, looting and destroying.
Then they revealed themselves to the remaining citizens.
Freedom Path is what they called themselves.
They eliminated billions of people, in the name of population control.
The aftermath was rioting, suicides, and worse.
Nature began to retake the land, ripping up the asphalt, and crumbling buildings.
Pet cats and dogs were picked off and eaten by predators.
The remaining fragments of humanity now struggle to survive in such a desolate, unforgiving land- and understand why this happened.

mariusz-miaskiewicz-tutorial-artwork.jpg

We're not just making promises
That we know, we'll never keep.

This RPG will contain the use of
- Firearms (heavy use of firearms)
- Mech (moderate use, more optional because everyone loves a giant metal thing)
- Artificial Intelligence (lighter use)
- Speeder Bikes (think Destiny's sparrows)
-
Any other crazy futuristic tech? Run it by me, for I need more creative items to add to this.

Trigger Warning: This RPG could go dark.
If you cannot mentally handle this, this is not the RPG for you.

Admin Warning: This is my first attempt at a Sci-Fi/Dystopia style group.
I'm rather excited to try this out.
No player limit for now, just since I don't know how many people want in.

jroid-s-metal-gear-online-concept-art008.jpg

Seems interesting. So tech level is around pre-enday or...?

Apologies for the delay.
I'd say a shaky yes, though I'm rather open to suggestions.
On another site, this RPG is going and we have everything from dinosaurs running around to rich folk escaping in spaceships.

Hi! i would be interested if this is still open! :)

I'm tentatively in? I dunno how long I'll maintain the posts, as a certain doomsday is heading for me. D:

Still, a couple of questions:
AI level: Is it something like Halo? Or are AIs nearly sentient, or something like Cortanna (Stupid pregenerated answers... :/)

Dystopia ideas: Meh... I've had Red's album cover Of Beauty and Rage in my head. Hopefully not copyrighting. xD.
Of beauty and rage.jpg
Just a dark idea. Heh. Just imagine this guy coming up to you in a dark alley or forest.

Firearms question: Also, what's the tech level of firearms? Halo-level as well, Call of Duty, that newest game. (Infinite Warfare something?) 'Cuz in relation to ideas... I have a gun idea. I have some scientific jargon that goes with it, though. So... be prepared if you want to hear it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back