• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Traditional Lan Arts n' Shit, Inc

lan arts n' shit, inc is proud to present
K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 6
can't | draw | digital | art | because | i'm | a | pussy
NEW ART EVERY WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY

THIS EDITION:
POPPY, Cock of the Walk
20191017_232056.jpg
"Y'all hooligans better get off my property!"
A grouchy old lady who's convinced that she still has what it takes to be a knight, despite being literal decades past her prime. Her Reverse Peacock Cloak and Razor Feathers can cut through any armor in a flurry of flechettes, and it's said that her pointer finger has magical repelling properties. After all, whoever she points at immediately gets out of her way.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Told y'all it'd be a late one today, but it's not as late as Day 4. In between getting an AO3 account and studying eulogies and medieval helms, I managed to bang out this request for Daisie Daisie .
I wanted to try for even more exaggerated proportions and expressive poses for Poppy; after all, peacocks are very expressive. Drawing her was very rewarding for me, because after all this time, I finally drew a good frog-mouth helm (which is my favorite style of medieval helmet). I'm also very happy with how her feathery bits turned out. I think I went a bit overboard with all the different shades of blue and teal, though.

reminder | that | knight | month | spots | are | still | open
N E X T W E E K : P A P E R L A N T E R N K N I G H T​

Going off the chance that no one else requests anything I'm going to slap down another comedic genius for a knight idea and go with Mel Brooks for another knight theme, be it his movies, or him in general.

Hopefully they thaw him out from his eternal frozen slumber so he can make History of the World Part 2 in this lifetime.

K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 7

THIS EDITION:
MOON, Paper Boy
20191023_202421.jpg
"* * *"
A fairy warrior whose eternal task is to guide strangers safely from place to place, using his paper lantern and heavenly glow to light their way in the dead of night. He is very shy, and can only speak in the twinkling language of the fairies, but he is dedicated to the safety of travelers and will not leave his companions' side.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Top o' the evenin' to ya laddies, my name is Not JackSepticEye and welcome back to Knight Month! Here's another completed request for Onmyoji Onmyoji -senpai.
Paper lanterns are a traditionally eastern thing, and a samurai is the closest thing the east has/had to knights. You can see where I'm going with this, can't you? Moon the tiny samurai boy was made to physically resemble a traditional paper lantern, hence his red-and-gold colors, small size, and roundness. Just for funsies, I also put a shining star right in the middle of his crescent moon crest. I drew him in half an hour while cuddling with my girlfriend, but I'm very happy with how he turned out.

T O M O R R O W : M E L B R O O K S K N I G H T​

Last edited:
I love those little descriptions you give to each knight. Gives them unique personality ^^
Keep it up!

K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 8

THIS EDITION:
MEL, Saddle Sore Sourpuss
20191024_221331.jpg
"The n-word never stopped being funny."
An old-timer both figuratively and literally stuck in the past. He waves around his revolver, despite not knowing how to use it at all, and constantly uses outdated terms to refer to everyday objects. He might also be very slightly racist, but nobody except his grandson knows.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
AMERICAN PROCRASTINATION IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD! Or at least, mine is. Here's a new one for Bluresm Bluresm .
Not gonna lie, this one was hard. I was tempted to just straight up draw Mel Brooks in a suit of armor, but at the last minute I decided I wanted this knight to be a reference to Mr. Brooks' film Blazing Saddles. (Remember that one? The one where cowboys said the n-word and it was the funniest shit ever?) Mel here ended up being more "cowboy knight" than "Mel Brooks knight," but as I said earlier, this one was hard. I at least tried to color him in the same colors as one of the cowboys from the film.

N E X T W E E K : ? ? ? K N I G H T​

Last edited:
K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 6

THIS EDITION:
MEL, Saddle Sore Sourpuss
"The n-word never stopped being funny."
An old-timer both figuratively and literally stuck in the past. He waves around his revolver, despite not knowing how to use it at all, and constantly uses outdated terms to refer to everyday objects. He might also be very slightly racist, but nobody except his grandson knows.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
AMERICAN PROCRASTINATION IS THE BEST IN THE WORLD! Or at least, mine is. Here's a new one for Bluresm Bluresm .
Not gonna lie, this one was hard. I was tempted to just straight up draw Mel Brooks in a suit of armor, but at the last minute I decided I wanted this knight to be a reference to Mr. Brooks' film Blazing Saddles. (Remember that one? The one where cowboys said the n-word and it was the funniest shit ever?) Mel here ended up being more "cowboy knight" than "Mel Brooks knight," but as I said earlier, this one was hard. I at least tried to color him in the same colors as one of the cowboys from the film.

N E X T W E E K : ? ? ? K N I G H T​
BeaNS

Despite the many different movies that you picked, you chose a surprisingly lesser known Mel Brooks movie, which is both pleasant and surprising.
And yeah, that was a strangely funny movie for no reason in particular.

K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 9

THIS EDITION:
BLUE COOL, Killer Kabutomushi
20191030_210622.jpg
"Yare yare... looks like there's nothing for it but to go all out! HERACLES OKABUTO! SUTA... HAMMA... HEDDOBUTTO!!!"
Red Hot's traveling companion and his more logical half, but no less energetic. A self-styled action hero, he has a fondness for posing bombastically and calling his attacks before he actually performs them. His strength for his size and his Star Hammer Headbutt attack make him a formidable, if sort of slow, foe.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Turns out I was not going to pick today's Knight Month theme, because one of my IRL friends decided to put in a request instead. So here it is.
My friend requested a beetle knight, so immediately my mind went to a rhinoceros beetle, because those are some really cool-looking beetles. In particular, the Japanese rhinoceros beetle was very distinctive in my mind, so I wanted to do something with that. I gave Blue Cool the personality of a tokusatsu hero to match his Japanese visual influence, and similarly to Red Hot, I imagined the tails of his neckerchief to visually represent his wings. Hopefully I did my friend's request justice, and I hope you all like it too.

T O M O R R O W : ? ? ? K N I G H T​

Last edited:
Omg, I love the tiny legs and the way buff arms!! Lots of contrast. Love it as always~

K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 1 0

THIS EDITION:
DOCTOR APOTHECUS, Plague Prevention Peddler
20191031_204702.jpg
"..."
A traveling plague doctor who doesn't say much. He normally just hovers menacingly in the background, only asserting himself when the time comes for customers to purchase his wares. If you don't mind the staggeringly high prices, the medicines and potions he offers work wonders.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Happy Halloween, you fuckin' degenerates! Here's one last knight for Knight Month to finish things off.
Since today is Hell Christmas, the most spookiest of days, I wanted to do a knight that was spooky. And what, in medieval times, is spookier than a plague doctor? I know it's not technically a knight, but I wanted to do it anyway, so there. Doctor Apothecus was a quick job, with not that much detail due to the cloak, but one that I'm proud of nonetheless. (Fun fact: he just might be the ancestor of a certain sci-fi knight I made a while back...)

reminder | that | knight | month | spots | are | now | closed
N E X T W E E K : W E R E T U R N T O Y O U R R E G U L A R L Y S C H E D U L E D B U L L S H I T​

Happy Halloween, Cap! This Knight Month has been wonderful. :) Thank you so much for hosting.

special lan arts announcement
We did it again, RPN. We got through another Knight Month.
I really enjoy doing these, they're an absolute blast. Even more of a blast is seeing you guys participate and give such positive feedback. It really warms my heart to know that what started as a silly little idea of mine has grown to be loved by a good chunk of the RPN community. And having recently undergone a crisis of confidence, to know that you all are out there liking my stuff makes me feel a whole lot better.
We may not have gotten a huge variety of requesters in this month, but I don't really care. I was happy to draw every single knight you fine folks requested.
Thank you for requesting, everybody. And thank you for viewing, too. To everyone who's requested, commented, dropped a like, or just stopped by to see what the fuss was about, I hope that I can continue to make art that you enjoy viewing as much as I enjoy making it.
Arrivederci, amici.

lan arts n' shit, inc

THIS EDITION:
white boy draws zipper man
20191031_192139.jpg

CREATOR'S NOTES:
It's like a burning sunrise.
Our piece for this edition, just in time for the start of the Golden Wind English dub, is my favorite Part 5 Stand, Sticky Fingers, drawn in No. 2 pencil, inked with pen, and colored with also with No. 2 pencil.
Comments and critiques would be appreciated.

might | take | requests | if | you | ask | me | nicely

lan arts n' shit, inc

THIS EDITION:
white boy draws violet vapes
20190901_123648.jpg

CREATOR'S NOTES:
IIIIIIII want Golden Wind. (Koro me amareri maroreri merare maro)
Our piece for this edition is my other favorite Part 5 Stand, Purple Haze, drawn in No. 2 pencil, inked with pen, and colored with also with No. 2 pencil.

lan arts n' shit, inc

THIS EDITION:
white boy draws wah
20190913_114554.jpg

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Looks like I accidentally forgot to post anything last week. Whoops.
Our piece for this edition is a quick in-school sketch of Wario done with pure No. 2 pencil.

lan arts n' shit, inc

THIS EDITION:
white boy draws wah

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Looks like I accidentally forgot to post anything last week. Whoops.
Our piece for this edition is a quick in-school sketch of Wario done with pure No. 2 pencil.

That power stance is the best thing I have seen all day

lan arts n' shit, inc

THIS EDITION:
white boy draws symbiote shit
20190819_174708.jpg

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Today has... not been a good day.
Our piece for this edition is a bust sketch of Venom I made for a Discord chum, done with pure No. 2 pencil.

lan arts n' shit, inc

THIS EDITION:
white boy draws symbiote shit

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Today has... not been a good day.
Our piece for this edition is a bust sketch of Venom I made for a Discord chum, done with pure No. 2 pencil.

I really love it! :) The anatomy looks great! You're improving with every piece.
I do hope your day gets better... <3 You always have RpN to get away to if you need some love and support.

Going on hiatus for a little bit due to school finals and another project, this one of the literary variety.
Stuff should resume normally soon.​

Going on hiatus for a little bit due to school finals and another project, this one of the literary variety.
Stuff should resume normally soon.​

Maybe a bad time to comment, but your art's really cool. I like your style for sure! It's cartoony while still being clean and correct. 😁

lan arts n' shit, inc

THIS EDITION:
white boy draws a red emperor
20191218_103129.jpg

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Happy Crimmas.
Our piece for this edition is a drawing of King Crimson from JoJo Part 5, done in No. 2 pencil and inked in pen.

lan arts n' shit, inc

THIS EDITION:
white boy draws a red emperor

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Happy Crimmas.
Our piece for this edition is a drawing of King Crimson from JoJo Part 5, done in No. 2 pencil and inked in pen.

How lucky am I to check in right as you return!
Red Ruler looks properly angery, as always, although I can only wonder how the entire stand would look now.

lan arts n' shit, inc

THIS EDITION:
white boy draws casual karate babe
20191216_115324.jpg

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Post-Crimmas blues today.
Our piece for this edition is a drawing of my favorite fight girl Rachel in a cute casual outfit I found on Pinterest, done in No. 2 pencil, inked in pen, and colored with fabulous Faber-Castell colored pencils.

lan arts n' shit, inc

THIS EDITION:
white boy draws galaxy's best dad
ENNtvrkWoAEN5QK

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Happy 2020. What are y'all's New Years resolutions? Mine is to start art commissions back up.
Our piece for this edition, the first of the new decade, is a waist-up drawing of the Mandalorian and his trusty rifle, done in No. 2 pencil, inked with pen, and colored with more No. 2 pencil.

lan arts n' shit, inc

THIS EDITION:
white boy draws ham and thankful death
ETqtSmuWAAU1xDk

CREATOR'S NOTES:
This is not an April Fool's joke.
Our piece for this edition is a recent drawing of Prosciutto and his stand Grateful Dead from JoJo Part 5, done with my brand new digital drawing tablet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back