• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Traditional Lan Arts n' Shit, Inc

lan arts n' shit, inc is proud to present
K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 5
can't | draw | digital | art | because | i'm | a | pussy
NEW ART EVERY WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY

THIS EDITION:
DICK CHAINY, Skeleton Supreme
"Shake, quake, rattle and roll/I wish these bones still had a real soul!"
A trickster who lost his soul and legs in a gamble with death, but was revived with the help of a magical manacle of silver and obsidian. Despite his fearsome appearance, he means no harm to wayward travelers, instead opting to act as a guide and mentor to help them navigate the kingdom. He has nothing good to say about Suzy Succubus, the one who collected his debt.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
HOLY FUCK YOU GUYS I'M BACK! My mom finally unblocked the house wifi, and I have my phone back, so I can do this again! Here's a completed request for Damafaud Damafaud .
The prompt "chain knight" was honestly a bit vague, so I was initially unsure of how I wanted to approach this knight. But then I remembered the ghost of Marley from A Christmas Carol and how he was covered in chains, so I thought, let's make a ghost knight! Dick's most obvious chains are the ones on his wrist and surcoat, but I also drew him wearing a shirt made of chainmail. So even though it's not obvious, he's still covered in chains! Loophole: found and abused! The skeleton motif was added just for fun.​
Question: Do you have a preferred brand for pens and colouring tools?
As I told Daisie, I prefer to use Faber-Castell colored pencils for harsher, darker colors, and Scholar brand colored pencils for softer, lighter colors. For inking over my linework, I prefer to use a Pilot G-2 05 pen; it's very smooth.

reminder | that | knight | month | spots | are | still | open
T O M O R R O W : P A N D A K N I G H T​

YAAAAAY!
I'm so hyped! Ready to see what art you get to pumping out! :D

Oh you're back! Good to see your art again! Looking forward to more Knights!

special lan arts announcement
Guess what? My phone broke today.
I'm going to spend the next week trying to get it fixed or replaced. As such, the Knight Month piece that was scheduled to be released today will be delayed until next Wednesday. Which works out, as with this schedule alteration, I'll have the last confirmed Knight Month request released at the actual end of the month.
Wish me luck, guys.​

K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 6

THIS EDITION:
LIM FAO, Gentle Giant
"If you're ever in Seattle, please tell my cousin Peter I said hello!"
Another giant of a man actually born and raised in the East, who journeyed to the kingdom on a quest of self-discovery. His pacifistic nature keeps him from partaking in combat, but his greedy nature does not prevent him from selling combat tools to aspiring warriors. He's an awfully forgetful fellow, too; he lost his collection of books and DVDs ages ago and he still hasn't found them.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
My phone's not broken anymore, but my heart is. I think after Knight Month is over, I'm going to take a good, healthy break. Anyway, here's a complete request for PanOtterPus PanOtterPus .
Not much to say about Lim Fao over here. The request was a panda knight, and pandas are round and comfy and snuggly, so I used primarily round shapes and minimal detail to create his armor and make him look comfy and friendly. The green bits used here and there were used because they're the color of bamboo, a panda's favorite food. I would have drawn him with a bamboo staff, but I still can't seem to get staff poses right. Also, his actual drawing is kinda small; the reason it's big here is because I zoomed in on it.​
When/why did you start drawing? What kept you going with it? ^^
My dad got me into drawing. He used to always draw things whenever I'd pester ask him to, and he was always really good at what he drew. I wanted to draw just like him one day, so I picked up a pencil and I practically haven't put it down since. (Don't worry, my dad's still alive; he just doesn't draw anymore.) He was a big enabler, too: he bought me a ton of "how-to-draw" books and let me read a lot of comics, all of which have influenced my artistic style over the years.

reminder | that | knight | month | spots | are | now | closed
T O M O R R O W : S C I F I K N I G H T​

The panda looks great, but you alright cap? If you need it, you can take that time off now. I was next and last on the list, but I'll be fine if you need a break.

I love the giant belt buckle! Huge attention-catcher, and it fits his personality! c:

K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 7

THIS EDITION:
GENERAL FINETIVUS, Time-Displaced Terror
"The future is now, old men."
A man who simply appeared in the kingdom one day, bearing strange machinery, and began to earn favor in the eyes of the king with his incredible diplomacy skills. He seems to be particularly focused on earning the kingdom favor through trade of "classified substances" from the place he came from. Maybe he has something to do with the appearance of one Ironmensch...

CREATOR'S NOTES:
I think I'm okay. And if it turns out I'm not okay after all, then I still won't let something silly like heartbreak keep me from meeting a deadline or keeping a promise. Here's the final knight of Knight Month, made for ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles .
General Finetivus was a bit of a challenge to create. I originally wanted him to be big, bulky, and covered in silver armor, but I felt that would be too derivative of my other big shiny knight Brasso Profundo. Ultimately, I decided to slim him down, lessen the shiny, and overall subdue the sci-fi-ness of this guy. His armor coloration is a shout-out to one of the greatest sci-fi scientists of our age, Doctor Eggman, and I imagine him playing a part in the formation of last Knight Month's Zaku knight Z with the technology he brought from the future. I may have accidentally made him look too much like a Nazi... Oops.
Question would be, what's been some of your biggest 'boosts' to creativity? Like, when I'm writing, sometimes something I've seen,heard, or done will give me a massive surge of creativity. Does this also apply to your art?
A lot of things help me boost my creativity. I watch and read a lot of sci-fi, and I like to draw what I consume, so whenever I see something cool or awe-inspiring in, say, the video game I'm playing or the movie I'm watching, it helps me get ideas for my next artistic project. HALO and Transformers have been perhaps the biggest source of creativity boosts. Listening to music helps me get excited to start being creative, too, especially my JoJo's Bizarre Adventure playlist.

reminder | that | knight | month | spots | are | now | closed
N E X T W E E K : W E R E T U R N T O Y O U R R E G U L A R L Y S C H E D U L E D B U L L S H I T​

Well, guys, we did it again. We completed another edition of Knight Month. And it certainly wasn't without struggles; that really long hiatus did a number on me. But we somehow pulled through.
As a heads up, the week after next, I'll be out of town on a church trip and this thread will not have pieces of art shared. But on the plus side, I will be around next week to celebrate the one-year anniversary of me starting this silly little thread up. I can't believe it either.
To everyone who put in a Knight Month request, thank you. I hope you're happy with the results.
To everyone who's ever commented on any of my art here, or just dropped in to see what's what, thank you, too. I hope I can continue to make art that is as much fun for you to view as it is for me to make.
See you around, space cowboy.​

I must admit, I was expecting something cool, and you surpassed it. I may wind up making this an eventual story character, he seems fitting for the usual ambigious morals role.

lan arts n' shit, inc

THIS EDITION:
white boy draws lesbian robots again

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Yo, can I still get Pride Month clout if I post lesbians after June?
Our piece for this edition, per the request of two very dear friends of mine, is a drawing of those two lesbian icons Chromia (big blue) and Minerva (smol red) with tweaked designs and actual legs this time, drawn in No. 2 pencil, inked with pen, and colored with fabulous Faber-Castell colored pencils.
Comments and critiques would be appreciated.

might | take | requests | if | you | ask | me | nicely

lan arts n' shit, inc

THIS EDITION:
white boy draws thank-you doodle

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Today's not only America Day, but it's also the one-year anniversary of me starting this silly little art thread up.
Our piece for this edition, in celebration, is a small doodle of me thanking you all for sticking with me for a whole year, done in pure No. 2 pencil.
Comments and critiques would be appreciated.

might | take | requests | if | you | ask | me | nicely

Oh wow, it's really 1 year! Congrats to this thread and to you for keeping it up!

Holy fuck a lot happened while I was dead. Nice to see you're back, though, and still producing quality art.
And spaghetti arms

No art today or tomorrow, because I have a college visit planned and I won't have access to my laptop or drawing stuff.
Stuff should resume normally next week.
In the meantime, something else is coming to tide you over...​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back