• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Traditional Lan Arts n' Shit, Inc

lan arts n' shit, inc is proud to present
K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 5
can't | draw | digital | art | because | i'm | a | pussy
NEW ART EVERY WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY

THIS EDITION:
LEATHER, Current Coaster
1592450954993.png
"<odd mammalian chirping noises>"
A guardian of the sea and former combat partner of Chiffon the retainer. The shell on his chestplate can expand into the Fan of Great Waves, allowing him to control all the currents of the ocean and summon the Giga Tsunami. Not that you'd ever actually catch him doing any of this; he'd much rather let the sun warm his belly as he tucks into a tasty oyster.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Wednesdays are hard for me to keep track of sometimes. There was a lot going on today and I really didn't want to do what I did last year and wait until the very last second to post the due knight. Here, in full color this time, is a fulfilled request for PanOtterPus PanOtterPus .
I turned to Pokemon for this one! I based Leather's overall proportions, his helmet tuft, and his furry baggy pants on a Pokemon called Dewott, which was very heavily based on an otter. The color layout I got from looking at several different breeds of real life otters; I eventually settles for something of a hybrid of layouts which I'm pretty happy with. Lore-wise, this edition of Knight Month is becoming more of an excuse to tie new characters in with old ones. I thought it would be fun if my Koi knight from a few editions ago had a childhood friend.

reminder | that | knight | month | spots | are | still | open
T O M O R R O W : V E N G E F U L G H O S T K N I G H T​

lan arts n' shit, inc is proud to present
K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 6
can't | draw | digital | art | because | i'm | a | pussy
NEW ART EVERY WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY

THIS EDITION:
THE GREAT DEBTOR
1592534818243.png
"D o n o t p l a c e y o u r b e t s i f y o u h a v e n o t h i n g t o p a y t h e m o f f w i t h ."
The king of the underworld, Suzy Succubus' father, and Dick Chainy's brother, in charge of closing the accounts of those who have committed the sins of greed and pride. His mighty ivory pitchfork and his tamper-proof dice ensure that fair, if not winning, games are always carried out in his presence. He has never lost in his five million years as king.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Another busy day and another late posting, but I still managed to meet the deadline. Tonight's fulfilled request comes courtesy of Onmyoji Onmyoji .
Originally I wanted to draw The Great Debtor as an onryo ghost from Japanese folklore, but we've already had two Japanese-inspired knights in a row here, so I changed my tune. Being the brother of the chain knight I drew a few editions ago, I gave him a similar skull-shaped helmet and gloves, as well as a mostly gray color scheme. The little wisps coming off his body are little globs of ghostly ectoplasm floating off of him and back into the abyss. In drawing him, I chose not to erase my sketch lines to add somewhat to his appearance of ancient, rusty, and rough around the edges. The gambling motif isn't as strong as I would have liked.

reminder | that | knight | month | spots | are | still | open
N E X T W E E K : M A N D A L O R I A N K N I G H T​

So cool! The ectoplasm gives it very ghostly appearance
I love it how you connected it to other knights. Knight family!

special lan arts announcement
hi, everyone. did you miss me?
i won't bore you with the details of why i dropped off; just know that i'm fully coming back eventually. first to finish off the last two knight month slots from way back when, and second to try my hand at a self-induced art challenge i call-
52 WEEKS OF SENTAI VILLAINS
every sunday of 2022, i'll be designing an original villain/monster for a hypothetical season of super sentai (or, to the filthy americans, power rangers). the goal is for me to design enough for 52 episodes, which is how long a season usually lasts in japan. i'll post each one both here and on my twitter, complete with lore snippets, concept sketches, and whatever other bonuses you guys might want. the unifying theme of these villains? sushi fillings. you heard me right.
anyway, that's the big announcement out of the way. will finish knight month slots next week.
see you then : )​

special lan arts announcement
hi, everyone. did you miss me?
i won't bore you with the details of why i dropped off; just know that i'm fully coming back eventually. first to finish off the last two knight month slots from way back when, and second to try my hand at a self-induced art challenge i call-
52 WEEKS OF SENTAI VILLAINS
every sunday of 2022, i'll be designing an original villain/monster for a hypothetical season of super sentai (or, to the filthy americans, power rangers). the goal is for me to design enough for 52 episodes, which is how long a season usually lasts in japan. i'll post each one both here and on my twitter, complete with lore snippets, concept sketches, and whatever other bonuses you guys might want. the unifying theme of these villains? sushi fillings. you heard me right.
anyway, that's the big announcement out of the way. will finish knight month slots next week.
see you then : )​

dis gun be gud

Users who are viewing this thread

Back