• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Traditional Lan Arts n' Shit, Inc

lan arts n' shit, inc
can't | draw | digital | art | because | i'm | a | pussy
NEW ART EVERY WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY

THIS EDITION:
white boy draws part 1 of 3 giveaway prizes

CREATOR'S NOTES:
AA AAA AAAA
Our piece for this edition is Daisie Daisie 's art giveaway prize, a paper-and-pencil drawing of the dragon in her PFP, done in No. 2 pencil, inked in with pen, and colored with fabulous Faber-Castell colored pencils. Hope you like it, fren!
Comments and critiques would be appreciated.

might | take | requests | if | you | ask | me | nicely
Tysm man!! Looks awesome as ever!! ❤❤❤ your art always makes my Wednesdays and Thursdays

lan arts n' shit, inc

THIS EDITION:
white boy draws part 2 of 3 giveaway prizes

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Local bitch boy forgets that he has art due, and promises to redo this one in better quality when he hasn't been gone all fuckin' day.
Our piece for this edition is Bluresm Bluresm 's art giveaway prize, a paper-and-pencil drawing of her angry marshmallow Inaya, done in No. 2 pencil, inked in with pen, and colored with fabulous Faber-Castell colored pencils. Hope you like it, fren!

lan arts n' shit, inc

THIS EDITION:
white boy draws part 2 of 3 giveaway prizes

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Local bitch boy forgets that he has art due, and promises to redo this one in better quality when he hasn't been gone all fuckin' day.
Our piece for this edition is Bluresm Bluresm 's art giveaway prize, a paper-and-pencil drawing of her angry marshmallow Inaya, done in No. 2 pencil, inked in with pen, and colored with fabulous Faber-Castell colored pencils. Hope you like it, fren!

Its mAh GAL AND SHE IS GLORIOUS!

lan arts n' shit, inc

THIS EDITION:
white boy draws part 3 of 3 giveaway prizes

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Well, my mom has decided to be a [very bad word] and block this site from being accessed on the house wifi. As if it already wasn't hard enough getting these out on time.
Our piece for this edition is The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect 's art giveaway prize, a paper-and-pencil drawing of Jiren, done in pure No. 2 pencil. Hope you like it, fren!

lan arts n' shit, inc

THIS EDITION:

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Well, my mom has decided to be a [very bad word] and block this site from being accessed on the house wifi. As if it already wasn't hard enough getting these out on time.
Our piece for this edition is The_Omega_Effect The_Omega_Effect 's art giveaway prize, a paper-and-pencil drawing of Jiren, done in pure No. 2 pencil. Hope you like it, fren!

Oh I love that. I wasn't sure how he'd fit into your art style but him being quite a simple design made him fit in well. GJ!

lan arts n' shit, inc

THIS EDITION:

CREATOR'S NOTES:

Hopefully this will end up better for you soon, although if the problem persists I may suggest that you use a VPN to get around the blockage.

lan arts n' shit, inc

THIS EDITION:
white boy draws another six-pack karate babe

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Damn, I must really like drawing this girl. Maybe I should make her the main character of my comic instead.
Our piece for this edition is yet another drawing of my gal Shinobi Rachel, this time in her official "civilian clothes," done in No. 2 pencil, inked with pen, and colored with various colored pencils.

special lan arts announcement
If you saw my profile post yesterday, then you know that something special is coming up. And something is.
In order for me to de-stress during the upcoming academic finals stretch, I'm bringing back an old favorite, but with a twist. That's right, lads and ladettes, it's time once again for
K N I G H T M O N T H
The eight pieces of art I post during the month of May will be of knights that you- yes, you- tell me about. Post here a theme or object you'd like me to draw a knight based on, and I'll add it to the list below. And here's the Shyamalan twist: that's not all you'll be providing me with. I'm throwing some elements of AMA (Ask Me Anything) into this edition of Knight Month. Alongside your knight request, you can ask me a question of any sort and I'll post the answer alongside your completed knight.
Seven spots are available, so hurry and snap one up if you want.
1.) reserved
2.) Daisie Daisie - Quasar Knight
3.) Onmyoji Onmyoji - Magical Girl Knight
4.) Vergaan Vergaan - Koi Knight
5.) Damafaud Damafaud - Chain Knight
6.) PanOtterPus PanOtterPus - Panda Knight
7.) ManofManyRoles ManofManyRoles - SciFi Knight
8.) empty​

Last edited:
Aaaa! Yaay! Okay, uhm...
My theme is quasar, and my question is...
What is a point in your life when you simply couldn't stop laughing? Like, you were crying, you couldn't breathe, you couldn't stop because it was so funny.

Magical Girl Knight!

and hmm... the question would be: what are your biggest inspirations for drawing?

Oof a fat fluffy panda knight! (Coz duh)

When/why did you start drawing? What kept you going with it? ^^

Sci-fi knight. Bring forth the dark ages into the future.

Question would be, what's been some of your biggest 'boosts' to creativity? Like, when I'm writing, sometimes something I've seen,heard, or done will give me a massive surge of creativity. Does this also apply to your art?

lan arts n' shit, inc

THIS EDITION:
white boy draws blessed chubby elf

CREATOR'S NOTES:
One last regular art before I hunker down and get to working on those knights.
Our piece for this edition is another drawing of my thicc elf girl Hara, eating a cake this time, done with No. 2 pencil and inked over with pen.

lan arts n' shit, inc is proud to present
K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 1

THIS EDITION:
SIR BOARS, War Hog
"<unintelligible grunting noises>"
A wild man from the north, abandoned as a child and forced to basically raise himself. Without society to temper his behavior, he has become fierce and warlike, considering everything in his path an enemy that must be destroyed. His mighty Truffle Rooters gouge the ground before him, and his tusks gleam in the night.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
What's up, kiddies? It really feels great to be up and about doing this again. I missed Knight Month, and making all these cute little knights. Shovel Knight devs, please notice me and add all of these guys to Shovel Knight as DLC.
Sir Boars here is the requisite reserved first spot of the month, intended to showcase just what Knight Month is all about. If you couldn't already tell, he's based on feral pigs, which I've developed a strange infatuation with recently, so I just had to make a knight based off of them. Plans were made to have his weapon be a boar spear instead of the claws he has currently, but I couldn't get the pose right, so I went with the claws instead. I actually prefer them now; they remind me of boar's tusks, which was intentional, I guess.

reminder | that | knight | month | spots | are | still | open
T O M O R R O W : Q U A S A R K N I G H T​

K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 1

THIS EDITION:
SIR BOARS, War Hog
"<unintelligible grunting noises>"
A wild man from the north, abandoned as a child and forced to basically raise himself. Without society to temper his behavior, he has become fierce and warlike, considering everything in his path an enemy that must be destroyed. His mighty Truffle Rooters gouge the ground before him, and his tusks gleam in the night.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
What's up, kiddies? It really feels great to be up and about doing this again. I missed Knight Month, and making all these cute little knights. Shovel Knight devs, please notice me and add all of these guys to Shovel Knight as DLC.
Sir Boars here is the requisite reserved first spot of the month, intended to showcase just what Knight Month is all about. If you couldn't already tell, he's based on feral pigs, which I've developed a strange infatuation with recently, so I just had to make a knight based off of them. Plans were made to have his weapon be a boar spear instead of the claws he has currently, but I couldn't get the pose right, so I went with the claws instead. I actually prefer them now; they remind me of boar's tusks, which was intentional, I guess.

T O M O R R O W : Q U A S A R K N I G H T​
Oh dang! That's seriously epic. By the way, what do you use for the colouring?

K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 2

THIS EDITION:
ALPHA CENTAURI, Bright Heart of the Cosmos
"Hear me and rejoice, mortals. You are about to die at the hands of Alpha Centauri. Be glad that your worthless lives will end serving a purpose: my entertainment."
A former follower of Brasso Profundo who, after acquiring the Kronosian Halo, came to believe that he was the god to be worshiped. The Kronosian Halo gives him command of the Four Celestial Hounds- Ganymede, Mimas, Triton, and Oberon- and a reach of influence beyond human comprehension. All this power has really gone to his head; god complex is an understatement.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Boy howdy hey, guess what time it is? That's right, it's time for another of these bad boys/girls. Rounding off tonight is a fulfilled request for the kicker of cancer and all-around badass friend, Daisie Daisie .
It's either very ironic or quite serendipitous that I draw up a space-themed knight today, as it was also my last astronomy class of the semester. Alpha Centauri was hella fun to draw; it helped that I already had a concept ready should a cosmic knight be requested. I had a lot of fun cramming all sorts of little space references into his design- his Kronosian Halo is made of the rings of Saturn, his "eye" looks like the first photo of a black hole, he's wearing Orion's Belt, his cape has the Death Star on it, and there's even a little rocket ship shouting out Elon Musk. (I also hid the Infinity Stones around on him; let me know if you find them all!)​
What is a point in your life when you simply couldn't stop laughing? Like, you were crying, you couldn't breathe, you couldn't stop because it was so funny.
This is gonna sound real stupid, but the one time I remember being unable to breathe from laughing so hard was when I was 16. Me and my family were playing a word game where we said words or phrases that rhymed with, or ended with, "-ate." Things like "eight," "figure skate," and the like. Out of complete left field, my dad said "homogenize," which does not rhyme with, nor end with, "-ate." It caught us all by surprise, and was so unexpected that we all burst out laughing. I laughed so hard that I fell out of my chair and dropped my meatloaf on the floor.
By the way, what do you use for the colouring?
I use a mixture of Faber-Castell colored pencils for harder/darker colors, and Scholar brand colored pencils for softer shades.

N E X T W E E K : M A G I C A L G I R L K N I G H T​

THIS EDITION:
ALPHA CENTAURI, Bright Heart of the Cosmos
"Hear me and rejoice, mortals. You are about to die at the hands of Alpha Centauri. Be glad that your worthless lives will end serving a purpose: my entertainment."
A former follower of Brasso Profundo who, after acquiring the Kronosian Halo, came to believe that he was the god to be worshiped. The Kronosian Halo gives him command of the Four Celestial Hounds- Ganymede, Mimas, Triton, and Oberon- and a reach of influence beyond human comprehension. All this power has really gone to his head; god complex is an understatement.
Oh. My. Goodness. This is SOOO GOOOD! Permission to legitimately use this character in a roleplay of mine? I loooove the Four Celestial Hounds, I think it'd be AWESOME to use them, too!!

This is gonna sound real stupid, but the one time I remember being unable to breathe from laughing so hard was when I was 16. Me and my family were playing a word game where we said words or phrases that rhymed with, or ended with, "-ate." Things like "eight," "figure skate," and the like. Out of complete left field, my dad said "homogenize," which does not rhyme with, nor end with, "-ate." It caught us all by surprise, and was so unexpected that we all burst out laughing. I laughed so hard that I fell out of my chair and dropped my meatloaf on the floor.
This legitimately made me chuckle! Honestly, it sounds like something my family would do! It's always the stupid stuff that gets you. My best friend and I literally laughed for minutes over a stupid misspelling someone made once, and it became a running gag throughout the night. Every time one of us would mention it, we'd hear a W H E E Z E from the other side of the call. It was absolutely wonderful.

I use a mixture of Faber-Castell colored pencils for harder/darker colors, and Scholar brand colored pencils for softer shades.
Interesting! Thank you so much!

K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 3

THIS EDITION:
PINKY POP, Pretty Scout
"In the name of the moon, I'm going to kick the ever-loving shit out of you! Hee-hee~!"
Johnny Anime's more intelligent sister, who also underwent a personality change after discovering a hidden stash of Eastern media. She travels the land with her retainer, seeking out evil wherever it may hide and bringing it to justice with the power of her Wand of Gamelon. She frequently acts in the name of the moon, though what the moon has to do with anything is questionable.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Wildly varying lighting quality aside, it's time for another edition of Knight Month! Today sees a fulfilled request for the person who's been with this thread since the beginning, Onmyoji Onmyoji .
Like Johnny Anime from the last version of this event, designing a knight based on this particular subject was a bit of a challenge, because the magical girl genre encompasses a wide variety of flavors and styles. For Pinky Pop, I chose to stray away from cliches and avoid the sailor fuku that Sailor Moon made iconic, instead hewing closer to designs akin to those in Puella Magi Madoka Magica. Frills, bows, and sparkles aplenty. She does keep the Sailor Moon peace sign gesture, though. I also wanted to make her pigtails resemble cherry blossom petals, just for fun.​
and hmm... the question would be: what are your biggest inspirations for drawing?
I can name two big inspirations off the top of my head. They would be mangaka Eiichiro Oda, and IDW artist Alex Milne. Both are really great at creating expressive characters and highly detailed works that I can only aspire to right now. They are who I want to be when it comes to art.

T O M O R R O W : K O I K N I G H T​

K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 4

THIS EDITION:
CHIFFON, Silky Sea Servant
"Water can be a dangerous thing if it moves fast enough."
Pinky Pop's retainer and bodyguard, tasked with defending the magical warrior from her own impulses. She is a bit show-offy, and a bit archaic, frequently talking in riddles or ancient pieces of wisdom lost to the ages. Her War Fin allows her to muster the might of the strongest river in the land.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Better late than never, I guess, though I do wish I had more time today to work on this. Tonight's request comes courtesy of Vergaan Vergaan .
Koi fish are pretty and slippery and smooth, so I wanted to reflect that in Chiffon's design. I employed lots of rounded shapes and curved lines to give her a smooth-looking appearance; the silk kimono was added to further emphasize her softness. I also used red instead of orange in her color scheme because I think red koi are really cool-looking. The war fan was added to resemble a fish's finned tail. Not much else to say other than this was definitely a rush job due to my busy day today, and I certainly think I could have done better with Chiffon. Maybe I'll go back and redo her in the future.​
Question: What do you do to get out of an art block?? saveme
When I'm in an art block, I go through my old portfolio, find a character I haven't drawn in a while, and try to redraw them. Or I just draw my girl Shinobi Rachel in a new outfit. TBH most of the drawings of Rachel on here are the results of art blocks.

N E X T W E E K : C H A I N K N I G H T​

I'm sorry, guys, but this edition of Knight Month is cancelled.
I'm going through a hella dark period in life right now, and my bitch of a mother has taken away my phone, which thanks to her, was my only access to anything after she blocked everything on the house wifi. And now I don't even have that. I think it's safe to say that I'll be radio silent for a long while after this update.
To everyone whose knight I haven't drawn yet, I'm sorry I couldn't get it to you.
Bye, everyone.
I love you all.​

I'm going through a hella dark period in life right now, and my bitch of a mother has taken away my phone, which thanks to her, was my only access to anything after she blocked everything on the house wifi. And now I don't even have that. I think it's safe to say that I'll be radio silent for a long while after this update.
To everyone whose knight I haven't drawn yet, I'm sorry I couldn't get it to you.
Bye, everyone.
I love you all.​
I'm so sorry to hear about all this... Sounds like things are really rough. We'll be here for you when you get back, man. Await the warm welcome! Good luck to you!

Bye, everyone.
I love you all.​
I wish of you the best of luck in your future endeavors, and hope that we're able to speak to you again sometime, sooner being preferable to later.

Bye, everyone.
I love you all.​
Oof, sorry to hear things are so rough. Hope everything works out for you dude, well see you soon :3

Users who are viewing this thread

Back