• When posting, please be aware that artistic nudity is still nudity and not allowed under RpNation rules. Please edit your pictures accordingly!

Remember to credit artists when using work not your own.

Traditional Lan Arts n' Shit, Inc

lan arts n' shit, inc is proud to present
K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 1
can't | draw | digital | art | because | i'm | a | pussy
NEW ART EVERY WEDNESDAY AND THURSDAY

THIS EDITION:
BRASSO PROFUNDO, Herald of the Gods
20181205_100433[1].jpg
"Come on, then! If you're sharp enough to flatten my Trumpeteers, then you're sharp enough to step up to me! Have at you! Fortissimo~!"
An arrogant yet charismatic knight and cult leader who believes that music is the only way to appease his gods enough to gain access to the afterlife. He swings his mighty Octave Lance like a conductor's baton, directing his Cult of Trumpeteers in a symphony of battle. Don't let him start talking; he loves giving long speeches and peppering them with musical references.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Knight Month is going to be a whole lot more involved than my usual art posts. Not only am I having the audience participate in this, but I'm also giving the knights I create for them quotes and personalities, to make them more... endearing, shall we say.
Anyway, here's Knight Month: Day 1, that reserved spot in the roster. Brasso here was created to give you a taste of what this challenge is going to be about. An appetizer, if you will, before the main course. Fun fact: Brasso was inspired somewhat by the great Tuba Man, the mascot of the r/bossfight subreddit. I tried to reflect that in the design of his armor; his helmet is meant to evoke the bell of a tuba, and the rounded bits on his wrists and hips are meant to look like cymbals. I'm very proud of his tiny hat.

reminder | that | knight | month | spots | are | still | open
T O M O R R O W : B I S M U T H K N I G H T​

I love this idea! I should do something similar to it someday. I love the idea of making a character off of a singular simple concept. Not only that, but it's cool to see how the personality and backstory comes through, as well.

K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 2

THIS EDITION:
QRYSTAL QUEEN, Gold Digger
20181206_125428[1].jpg
"Shiny, shiny, shiny! Dig, dig, dig! All the world's treasure will be mine!"
A former miner turned royal when she discovered a huge cache of treasure hidden underground. She bounces about beneath the surface, zealously seeking whatever riches she can find, guarding her hoard like a dragon. Unfortunately, her habits have a tendency to upset the already fretful residents of Rumble Village.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
A bit late in the day, but still here nonetheless. Consider this a fulfilled request, an early Christmas present, and a "congratulations for kicking cancer's ass" gift to the esteemed Daisie Daisie .
Knight Month: Day 2 is now under my belt. As per request, Qrystal Queen is based off of bismuth, particularly bismuth crystals. This was a bit of a challenge for me. Not in design, mind you- I already knew I would draw her with armor resembling the crystals themselves, with lots of square spiral shapes- but in color. Bismuth crystals have all the colors of the rainbow, so it was hard for me to color block in a way that didn't come off cluttered, but I think the end result is good. Fun fact: Qrystal Queen's short stature and angular armor are inspired by dwarves.

N E X T W E E K : Z A K U K N I G H T​

K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 2

THIS EDITION:
QRYSTAL QUEEN, Gold Digger
"Shiny, shiny, shiny! Dig, dig, dig! All the world's treasure will be mine!"
A former miner turned royal when she discovered a huge cache of treasure hidden underground. She bounces about beneath the surface, zealously seeking whatever riches she can find, guarding her hoard like a dragon. Unfortunately, her habits have a tendency to upset the already fretful residents of Rumble Village.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
A bit late in the day, but still here nonetheless. Consider this a fulfilled request, an early Christmas present, and a "congratulations for kicking cancer's ass" gift to the esteemed Daisie Daisie .
Knight Month: Day 2 is now under my belt. As per request, Qrystal Queen is based off of bismuth, particularly bismuth crystals. This was a bit of a challenge for me. Not in design, mind you- I already knew I would draw her with armor resembling the crystals themselves, with lots of square spiral shapes- but in color. Bismuth crystals have all the colors of the rainbow, so it was hard for me to color block in a way that didn't come off cluttered, but I think the end result is good. Fun fact: Qrystal Queen's short stature and angular armor are inspired by dwarves.

N E X T W E E K : Z A K U K N I G H T​
Omg, I absolutely love it! The design is so smart and cute, and you captured all the colours wonderfully. Thank you so, so much! If you need more suggestions I'd be so happy to throw more out there. ^^

Edit: it's now my wallpaper on my new device <3

Last edited:
K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 3

THIS EDITION:
Z, Ironmensch
20181212_210712[1].jpg
"..."
A mysterious knight hailing from a faraway land, where everyone who comes of age must serve in that land's military. Having broken all ties with his former life, he journeys from town to town, hunting for something, but what that something is, no one can say. He doesn't talk much, and by much, we mean at all.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Hot diggity damn, this one's coming to you late, and judging by my rate of progress on tomorrow's promise, it looks like both posts this week will be late night. Anyway, here's my fulfilled request for Windsock Windsock .
As promised, Z here is based off of the Gundam Zaku grunt unit from the long-running mecha anime series and toyline. Since the Zaku was already pretty knight-like, I decided to create a knight who more abstractly resembled the suit, rather than full-on imitating it. Because if I'm going to put these guys in a video game, I can't infringe on copyright too much. I don't think he's my best work in this series, but I still think he gets the job done. Fun fact: on the original Zaku, Z's shield was much smaller and put on his shoulder.

T O M O R R O W : I R I S H K N I G H T​

I'm so goddamn impressed

Fucking hell, the fact you even got the zaku's tubes, is just

I'm so goddamn moist right now

K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 4

THIS EDITION:
PADDY O'GUINNESS, The Boozy Brawler
20181213_210535[1].jpg
"Hee-hee! Ye can't besht me in a bout of fishticuffsh, laddie! I'll make ye head shpin, like me own!"
A fistfighter who served a brief stint in King Sweeney's army before being dishonorably discharged, whereupon he turned to drink. His Drunken Boxing fighting style makes him unpredictable in battle, leaving him very hard to counter and very hard to intercept. He loves to sing drinking songs both in and out of the boxing ring, which further confuses his opponents.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
A Lannister always keeps his promises, and even though I'm not a Lannister, I'm still going to keep mine. Another late-night post fulfilling a request I got on Discord, because apparently this project o' mine is popular enough there to get a request.
For Knight Month: Day 4, I was requested to do a very stereotypically Irish knight, so here's Paddy. Paddy took the least amount of time to draw and ink of all the knights so far, because I had a very clear idea of what I wanted to do with his design. I was able to draw him as a doodle during today's class final, which probably wasn't a good idea, but oh well. I wanted to give him a beard, but since I'm bad at drawing hair, that was left out. He looks good without it, though, I think. Fun fact: his boots are shaped like tall beer glasses. And that's not a kilt he's wearing.
N E X T W E E K : A N I M E K N I G H T​

K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 5

THIS EDITION:
JOHNNY ANIME, Indomitable Idiot
20181219_142406[1].jpg
"Watashi's gonna kick your ass, and then go eat bento boxes with kawaii-as-hell onee-sans! Just according to keikaku! <screams for 30 minutes>"
A young man with dreams of greatness. Having discovered a hidden stash of odd Eastern media in his brother's closet, he has become obsessed with it, and treats real life as if it's part of his "mangoes," whatever that means. He may strive to improve his physical strength, but his mental strength is what he really needs to focus on. Because he's dumb.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Oh look, can it be? It can, and it is! Another Knight Month post, and it's not extremely late at night! Huzzah, or whatever. Here's my end of the bargain today: a fulfilled request for my RPNation senpai, Idea Idea .
First of all, Johnny is meant to be an affectionate parody of anime in general and over-enthusiastic anime fans, of which I am at times. If that offends you, I'm sorry. But anyway, it was a bit difficult to create an anime-themed knight, because anime encompasses a huge variety of stuff. I decided to go ahead and base Johnny on the generic shonen protagonist, specifically Goku, the most iconic of all. The orange-and-blue outfit and power-up glow might be cliche, but they were fun to do. Fun fact: yes, he did actually tie a headband around his helmet.
T O M O R R O W : R E P T I L E K N I G H T​

K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 5

THIS EDITION:
JOHNNY ANIME, Indomitable Idiot
"Watashi's gonna kick your ass, and then go eat bento boxes with kawaii-as-hell onee-sans! Just according to keikaku! <screams for 30 minutes>"
A young man with dreams of greatness. Having discovered a hidden stash of odd Eastern media in his brother's closet, he has become obsessed with it, and treats real life as if it's part of his "mangoes," whatever that means. He may strive to improve his physical strength, but his mental strength is what he really needs to focus on. Because he's dumb.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Oh look, can it be? It can, and it is! Another Knight Month post, and it's not extremely late at night! Huzzah, or whatever. Here's my end of the bargain today: a fulfilled request for my RPNation senpai, Idea Idea .
First of all, Johnny is meant to be an affectionate parody of anime in general and over-enthusiastic anime fans, of which I am at times. If that offends you, I'm sorry. But anyway, it was a bit difficult to create an anime-themed knight, because anime encompasses a huge variety of stuff. I decided to go ahead and base Johnny on the generic shonen protagonist, specifically Goku, the most iconic of all. The orange-and-blue outfit and power-up glow might be cliche, but they were fun to do. Fun fact: yes, he did actually tie a headband around his helmet.
T O M O R R O W : R E P T I L E K N I G H T​
Awesome work! Sure it may have fallen a bit on the predicatable end of the spectrum, but a classic is a classic, especially when it's done with wit and love XD

Once again, great work, looking forward to seeing the remaining ones!

K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 6

THIS EDITION:
SIR REPTITIOUS, Tipper of the Scales
20181220_141056[1].jpg
"Croikey, yer one cheeky l'il buggah, ain't'cha? I'll wrassle ya!"
A renowned hunter of magical reptiles with an odd accent, who turns the skins of his conquests into armor for him to wear. He's wiped out the entire Turtle Clan, defeated the Crocodile Twins, and slain the Anole of La Monte. Having lost his leg to the Crocodile Twins, he's developed a fear of the creatures. His ultimate goal is to make a cape out of the Dragon Queen's hide.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
Watch me dip right in, with another boy for Knight Month and another healthy dose of the color green. Gosh, I can't believe this project is almost completely done... Finishing off Week 3 is a fulfilled request for Bluresm Bluresm .
I like reptiles, so creating Sir Reptitious was a very fun endeavor for me. It was a real treat drawing him and putting all those different reptile references into his armor. (Can you spot them all? Let me know if you do!) Personality-wise, I wanted to base him on the late, great Steve Irwin, the most famous animal hunter of them all, minus him being dead and all. There's also a little bit of pirate sprinkled in for good measure, mainly the peg leg and fear of crocodiles. Fun fact: he's even shorter than Qrystal Queen, and that's saying something.
N E X T W E E K : ? ? ? K N I G H T​

Have you made a demon knight yet? just a recommendation if you're looking for 2 more knights to draw.

The reptile knight is absolutely beautiful.
And it doesn't matter if he's short, he's gon' wrassel them I'm uncultured 'till they all stahp movin' eh?

K N I G H T M O N T H : D A Y 7

THIS EDITION:
SUZY SUCCUBUS, Valley Demon
20181226_183832[1].jpg
"Ugh. Like, gotta go, Chelsea. I've gotta, like, collect this soul, or whateves."
A gambler's daughter tasked with collecting the souls of those who don't pay their debts. Armed with her father's ivory pitchfork, she wanders the land with the help of special portals, striking where people least expect. She doesn't like her job, though, so she tries to get it done quickly in order to have more time to hang out with her gal pals at the Medieval Mall.

CREATOR'S NOTES:
What the FUCK is up, Kyle?! Here's a Knight Month post dedicated to Sir Fungus Sir Fungus , that cheeky son of a gun. Merry Christmas to you!
Ironic that I'm posting a demon knight on the day after the birth of Jesus, but hey, a request's a request, and a deadline's a deadline. I figured that this particular request would be a good opportunity for Knight Month to experience a bit more gender equality, and some mild fanservice, both of which I can definitely deliver on. Fun fact: Suzy was designed to go against the grain of the general look and attitude of demon knights across media. A short, valley girl demon knight is probably not at all what comes immediately to anyone's mind.
reminder | that | knight | month | spots | are | now | closed
T O M O R R O W : L O B S T E R K N I G H T​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back