• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fantasy Lamed: you all meet in a tavern (a fantasy rp where you write the plot) (we need more people)

BackSet

Ray of Sunshine
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
My Interest Check
Welcome to the country of Lamed. Lamed is an ancient country with a rich history and many unique aspects. It's elves are engineers and its dwarves are Druids. And you are just one tiny part of that. In fact, if you hadn't met each other, you would have gone your whole life being insignificant. But here you are, in a tavern in Sebtack, the elven capital of engineering. You've met and now things are going to change. Prehaps for the better or prehaps for the worse.

Gm notes

This is a roleplay about a group of people who all meet in a tavern and end up having adventures together. Maybe they stop an evil over lord or maybe they discover a crazy scandal. Who knows. It's your job to decide.

Alright, this seems cool. I think you're gonna need some top-notch improv-ers to pull it off in a way everybody likes, but sure.

Alright, this seems cool. I think you're gonna need some top-notch improv-ers to pull it off in a way everybody likes, but sure.
Well, I know that my improv skills aren't horrible. I mean, I hang out on this other forum where most of the RPs are nothing but improv.

Yes and-ing?
Oh sorry, that's the improv rule that says, "if someone tells you some information, you should say 'yes, and' to it." So someone in an improv scene says, "Gee, the sky's so blue!" and the next person says, "Yes, and it's really hot out." So you're agreeing with what's presented and building on it. If the second person said "No, it's raining!" that would be weird and controlling, and would stall the scene.

It's not a perfect rule and you should definitely not always follow it, but it's good to keep in mind :)

Hey! So while y'all not a it I'll give you some lore: the gnomes and the elves have a pretty tense relationship because the elves used the gnomes as a slave race for years before the gnomes won their independance.

Yeah, I was thinking that my character should be fairly new at it anyway.

So, do I send my character sheet to you after finishing? Anything specific you want mentioned?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back