• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Laid back detailed partner search(ignore the post count)

Enolx

Time to murder the English language.
Hey everybody, I'm Enolx, and I am here to search for a partner. I'm sure my RP soulmate is out there, so I will keep on trying. Well here we go.

About me

I am fairly old, but not really in the grand scheme of things if you think about it.
I write an absurd amount for most of my posts. (like 4-15 paragraphs if stuff is getting good and my character is alone)
I tend to design a lot of my stories in advance, so I take a day to post, it is because I am figuring out where to go next.
I post fairly frequently, so if I don't, message me, I may be in danger or something.
Most of the stuff I write is epic in scale, epic fantasy is what got me into reading and stuff. (if your wondering, Eragon and Dragon Riders of Pern, were the books)
My grammar here is a good representation of how I will post later.(I will leave my mistakes in. I edit most my stuff unless it is super late)
I play male characters, as I am one, but am prone to making a lot of side characters, which can be either, for story reasons.
I am a person and completely ok with talking to others, so feel free to chat with me if you would like.
I Rp in whatever medium, so let me know if you have a preference.
I leave lot of my starts really open to give you space to insert yourself in the story however you want.(I believe in you, so I give you room to work your magic)
I will let you know if you "messed up" something from earlier in the story.(Sometimes people forget early established story information. If it sounds like the change wasn't intentional, I will be sure to let you know. If I do it let me know as well.)
Last, while I have no problem doing any of the stories below, I would rather make up something new. Shoot me ideas if you got them.

Now for what I would like from my partner.

Independence (My character may not always be with yours. Use that time to develop yourself and the world around you. You can do it. I believe in you)
Grammar close to mine (Most small mistakes I will fix in my head anyway, so don't even worry about those.)
Posts that advance the story or tell me about your character. (If all you do is respond to what my character does, I will cry.)
Fairly frequent posts (Stories die when there is too much time between post. Once every day or two is cool with me. I will do the same. If I take more time than that send a message because something have happened to me.)
For them to be around my age (Anything older than 18 is cool with me. Anything less makes me feel like a creeper, since most stories have romance, and I don't like feeling that way.)
For them to use third person (I use third person, and I find it weird when people refer to their characters as I, and talk in a present voice, when there are multiple main characters.)
For them to say something if the have a problem. (I mess up and am not a mind reader. While I can read most people in person, that is not doable in this form. Help me, help you.)
For them to talk to me (while I have a lot of my own ideas and stuff, I like to know what my partner thinks is going on, or what they might be planning so I don't mess anything up.)

The Thieving Raven
The Thieving Raven is about the relationship and adventure between a master thief and the daughter of a police officer who is hunting him down. As the Raven gets more deeply involved with the daughter will she learn who he is, and more importantly what will she do with the information she has gained? How will this relationship change the two of them? Will the relationship destroy the Raven once and for all or will he come away with his greatest prize yet?

Live Long Enough
This is the story of a group of heroes that saved a massive city called the Citadel but, were then outcast by the very people they had once saved. The heroes in their last quest learned of an attack from the heavens that would destroy the world. When the sky turns black and the horn of the end is blown there will be twelve creatures that fall from the sky one after another, each with the strength to kill millions, and each stronger than the last. Since they were cast out before telling the masses, the majority of Citadel lives it's life in ignorant bliss unaware of the end that draws closer, and those who do know don't believe the threat is real. The heroes now face the choice of will they protect the place that turned its back on them of would they let the world burn?

Darkness
The short version is that this woman has to survive in a world of monsters and find not only the person who caused the world to change, but also a way to prove that the people of the world are worth saving. I plan for it to be in midevil times like most fantasies, I think it would fit best. If you are interested, have suggestions, or questions let me know. Here is some fun backstory stuff if you want to read it.

"Kill her," A man yelled from the crowd. " Burn her," A woman shrieked from behind her torch light. " She is the reason our lives are hell," Another man hollered " She is a sin against god." The chant of " Burn her " then made its way through the crowd until the roar of the mob overtook the sound of the woman crying on the pyre.

A man in robes walked next to the pyre with torch in hand and the crowd quieted down. " For too long has our city been the play thing of evil," The man said " Too many of our family members have been taken from us by this spawn of evil. Today we take retribution for our suffering and lost ones. Today we end our darkness and return to the light."

The woman screamed her innocence, but the crowd would not hear it. The woman then bowed her head and prayed " Please god do not let this evil win. Let justice be done to those who truly deserve it and mercy to those who do not. In you name I pray." Her prayer was interrupted by the smell of fire and a burning on her legs. The woman began to scream as she was engulfed by fire and her screams were once again overtaken by the roar of the crowd.

" God will not hear you," A cloaked figure in the crowd said " But I will give the people of this land their just reward."

The fire of the pyre was instantly snuffed out leaving only the torchlight of the crowd to provide light. As shock and questions spread through the crowd a dark wave began to spread from the pyre and make its way through the crowd. As it touched the people their bodies began to break and change. The woman on the pyre looked out at the crowd as they screamed and cried, ignoring her own pain. Her eyes widened as her potential killers transformed into monsters of varying terror.

She looked around and to her left sitting on the pyre with her was a cloaked figure. " The darkness will spread and the true form of their evil will be revealed," The figure said " The darkness will spread and all evil will receive..... justice." The woman looked at the figure shocked. " This is not what I wanted," She said " This makes me no better than them." A white smile showed through the hood of cloak. " The fact you are not like them proves otherwise," the figure said " Now go before their transformation is complete and they can attack. I hope you are able to find others in this world who are deserving of the mercy you spoke of."

As the bonds on the woman fell free she looked back at the figure who sat casually on the pyre. " How can I undo this," the woman asked. The figure smiled again. " You really are a shining beacon in a dark world," the figure said " If you can find me again and prove to me that this world is worthy of mercy, I may consider it. Grow strong child because the road will be filled with monsters." The woman gave the figure a nod before jumping off the pyre and running out of the town.

The figure watched as the screaming stopped and the monsters rose complete. They turned and began to rush at the cloaked figure. With a wave of its hand the creatures fell to their knees unable to move. " I think I will give her a little help in her journey," the figure said. With another wave of its hand a sword appeared and with one more the sword vanished.

As the woman ran she stopped when she felt a weight on her side. She looked down and found a sword on her waist. The woman pulled the sword out of its sheath and looked at the blade. A smile came to her face when she read the word written across the spine of the blade, redemption.

Tale of Two Cities
What if being poor was a crime? In the country of Arsenal it is. Arsenal is split into two major locations, the first is Arsenal City (Haven) a place of wealth, pleasures, and plenty. The second location is Arsenal's prison island, which has become a civilization of its own. While the people of Haven use the prison island as a form of entertainment the people of the island work hard to survive in their unforgiving home.

The Impact
The Impact is an action, adventure, fantasy, survival, story where you jump into the role of a member of an expedition team who risks their lives to travel to the meteor crash site to try to find a way to save humanity. Here is a little extra to explain it better, it is only a drop in the bucket, but it should help. Sorry about the not keeping it short on this. Think of it as a writing sample)

"The world was running just fine. Man was the top of the food chain, industry was thriving, and life expectancy was high. Nobody had expected that to change in just an hour. On the news they said that the meteor would miss the earth. Then they said that it would burn up in the atmosphere. Then they said it would land in the ocean away from people and there wouldn't be an issue unless you lived on the coast.

They lied

On April 30th the meteor hit Washington D.C. On contact it caused an EMP like effect that not only took out electronics, but also took out other wave dependent communication. Ten minutes later the earthquakes, thunderstorms, tornadoes, and tidal waves hit. 20 minutes later the sky is covered by a think layer of dust and debris. After ten minutes in pitch darkness the dust cleared to reveal the destruction nature caused. After another ten minutes people just started dropping in the street. I was one of them so what comes next is what I learned when I awoke after. During the last ten minutes the earth went into overdrive and the world became covered in vegetation and some the plants and animals underwent rapid evolution.

Now humans are not the top of the food chain. Industry has been destroyed and has reverted to near midevil infrastructure. Life expectancy is a thing of the past. All this happened in one hour but that's not the biggest kicker. Plants and animals weren't the only things to undergo rapid evolution. Most of the humans that had dropped during the fiftieth minutes had not awoken, but the ones that did woke with strange abilities. They could do things that normal humans couldn't, and of course they were hated and feared for it. At a time when humans should be united, we of course divided ourselves.

Now it's Humans, verses the Elevated, verses Nature. As expected humans in both forms are loosing. Nature is unrelenting, unmerciful, and unchained. Does humanity stand a chance, we hope so. It is to find a chance that some of us are trying to make it to the meteor drop sight to learn about what caused this. The only problem is the closer you get to the meteor the stronger the evolution is, which means everything is more deadly the closer you get.

We are the 42nd expedition team. We are leaving from California which has one of the last handholds of human civilization. The others have not returned so we assume the worst. This only serves to move use foreword, because we know that humanities only chance rides on our success. Who knows, maybe we will get our faces in a mountain if we succeed?

To those who come after me. I leave this message to let history know what has happened to the strong and proud human race. I hope that I can tell this message myself after we return, but sadly I'm a realist and I know we will most likely die. If you chose to follow me remember to write something for the people who come after you, and also remember we cannot give up. If we give up that's really when we are done for."

We do it for the Family
The government is overthrown and controlled by a single dictator. The last pocket of resistance is the city of Naples and the Mafia who calls it home. Out of necessity the family become defenders of the people. In order to end the conflict an elite group is sent in to bring down the new dictator.

Love Your Enemy
This is an action, drama, and romance story. It follows the lives and relationship of the head hitman of a mafia family, XIII, and the survivor of one of his first jobs. When XIII was just a child he was charged with the killing of a business man. XIII killed the man and everyone who saw him, as he was ordered, but he let the women and children live. This included the daughter of the businessman who watched him as he killed her father. Years later after much growing and changing XIII and the daughter meet again as strangers.

Things from our Past
This story is about the trials of a man who is cursed to be chased by a creature every night. His only escape is to be surrounded by water which the creature can't cross. While he runs at night, he uses his day to find a way to break his curse. He then ends up finding out that he is connected to a woman in the city, and that their ancestors are the cause of the curse that plagues him today. The two then work together to find out what in their past caused the creature to hunt them, and how to stop it.

The Sealing Swords
Deep into the vacuum of space far away from most intelligent life is a lone planet that circles a single sun. Those who discovered the planet named it B-12. They named it this because of the blackholes that surrounded the system, making it nearly impossible to get close.

Those who first landed on the planet found a place of terror and diversity. The massive planet was home to the worst creatures across the universe. The people who landed were saved thanks to weapons they found in temples. The weapons empowered them and allowed them to fight against the creatures and return home.

Upon their return, the firsts, realized just how strong these weapons had made them. They were no longer the same as those around them. They then showed their dominance to those species foolish enough to challenge them, and the fame of the firsts and their weapons spread across the universe.

Now every species attempts to find a way to B-12 in order to claim a weapon for themselves and their people. While they search for the prize of their dream, these hunters may find a prize they were never expecting.

Evolving Wilds

Evolving wilds is a story about a planet that rotates and moves around a central point. While there is one area that stays fixed in place, the rest of the planet moves around like it is a big Rubik's cube. The farther you move away from fixed center position, the faster, more frequent, and more violent the terrestrial change is.

The story follows a group that are from a country on the far outskirts of the central point, who decided to traverse the dangerous "Outlands" in search or relics. These relics are magical items that can help them claim land closer to the central point, or generally help their country. Every country sends out parties to search for these relics, but due to the unpredictability of the outland, very few find them and even fewer make it home.

Altered Art

Altered Art is a story about a liaises faire art school that gets turned on its head when students start making art on playing cards, and accidentally create cards that cast magic. While their are rules to the magic they discovered, no one seems to know what they are. So this leads to what was once just an art school, becoming a school for the creation, research, and development of card based magic.

Last edited:
I would love to talk through some of your ideas (or maybe an original one we can create together!) Only it's past 4 am >< I'll message you in the morning and maybe we can chat it out! Your wants/likes fit me perfectly! I'll be in touch =)

You said you enjoy high fantasy. Have you perhaps read any books in the Dragonlance series? It's the book series D&D was inspired by. I read them growing up and they are what gave me my love of medieval fantasy,I'm hoping you have because i would love an RP set in the Dragonlance world. Respond and let me know please

No I have not, sorry. While I heard good things about that series, I never had the will to go pick it up.

You seem neat.

I put up a post in The Queen's Guard - I'm sure we'll have plenty opportunity to chat during that RP, so let's see how we get along there. If it's all sunshine and rainbows, we can sort out something between the two of us. Details of exactly what that is can wait, but my first step in joining an RP is evaluating the potential partner / GM as a person, before I even touch on their ideas. I subscribe to Matt Colville's school of thought that 'Not All People Are Meant To Roleplay Together', so I'd like to see how we get along first and foremost.

Male, early 20's, generally have time to post every 1-2 days. If it's a slow day, I'm capable of making multiple, sizable posts throughout a single day.

I like making long posts - from the look of things, similar in length to yours. Don't get me started on backstory - I've had GMs skip over them because they were too damn long. Admittedly, I sometimes get carried away. I've written backstories with a wordcount larger than the sum total of the roleplay I'm making a character for.

I might across as a bit cold sometimes. Takes me a bit to warm up to people, that's all.

I am in between stories again. Hit me up if you want to write.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back