• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Labyrinth Land (Make You Kingdom) [Forum] [Dice]

Dietaku

Crimson Cool Sage
Since I've been on a Etrian Odyssey binge lately, I thought I'd try out another interesting, and somewhat obscure TTRPG about dungeon crawling and developing a nation of their own.

"What is Make You Kingdom?"

It's a Japanese TTRPG about the PCs being nobles in a newly formed nation, going out and solving problems, expanding their nation, and traversing dungeons for resources and new citizens.

Sweet, but how can I get it?

Well, sadly, only the first book has been translated, but that's all we need to play. It's not out officially, though, but an English transcription of the rules has been collected here

Oh, wow, is this hard?

Not really, the game is very rules-light, but also focused on tactical battle, negotiation, and cooperation, not, ironically, unlike Dungeon World (A title I wanted to use until I remembered the game)

Players:5-7

Premise: The people of the land have only known the Labyrinth for generations. Eking out meager livings while avoiding the troubles of monsters and the terrifying technology all round them, they cling to the hope that someone will come and ease their suffering. While sages speak of powerful technology from the Dark Era, and priests speak of the Majestic Suns' displeasure at the sinners they see, there is little hope for the common man. However, not all are ground down by this era. Powerful and spirited explorers also exist. Can these people give hope and forge some peace in the chaos of the Eternal Dungeon?

Thanks for reading, and I hope to see you here!

Sounds intriguing. Would we all be one court under a single King or is it free reign in choice of profession?

@Shining Lotus Sage: Possibly. You could also make it like a theme park, where you make your country out to be this super-cool place, and then hit them with high levies if they want to stay there for long.

@Zyden: I have no issue with multiple Kings/Queens, but I'd prefer if it was all one nation, if that makes any sense. If need be, we can make it like the Holy Roman Empire with multiple branches of one extended royal family.

Ohey, it's this game.

I'd be up for this game too. Well, assuming you're not bored yet with me.

Powgow said:
Ohey, it's this game.
I'd be up for this game too. Well, assuming you're not bored yet with me.
You're fine, Powgow, and besides, don't you know? Roleplaying makes you an attractive and super-cool people.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dietaku said:
While sages speak of powerful technology from the Dark Era, and priests speak of the Majestic Suns' displeasure at the sinners they see, there is little hope for the common man. However, not all are ground down by this era. Powerful and spirited explorers also exist. Can these people give hope and forge some peace in the chaos of the Eternal Dungeon?
Wait a tic. How are we getting a sun when in an endless underground labyrinth? :V

Thinking of playing either a knight or an oracle since we probably won't lack for a king/queen of all cosmos.

A quick random gen gave me:

Name: Maharaja the Ironclad

Class: Vizier

Job: Medic

Diggin' the name.

Why do some of the charts only have the ones digit when equal to or grater than the tens? 55 and 56 but no 54 and down and 66 is the only option if you roll a 6 in the tens slot. I rolled a 65 at first which wasn't on the chart.

So, hoping you've room for one more. Replay up there pointed me in this RPs direction.

Edit: For the curious, rolled Ninja/Hunter whose mission is to kick ass for the lord.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Action Replay]Wait a tic. How are we getting a sun when in an endless underground labyrinth? :V
Thinking of playing either a knight or an oracle since we probably won't lack for a king/queen of all cosmos.

[/QUOTE]
The same way that Malfeas can have Ligier visible on all his infinite layers; normal space and time doesn't necessarily apply in the Labyrinth.

Zyden said:
A quick random gen gave me:
Name: Maharaja the Ironclad

Class: Vizier

Job: Medic

Diggin' the name.

Why do some of the charts only have the ones digit when equal to or grater than the tens? 55 and 56 but no 54 and down and 66 is the only option if you roll a 6 in the tens slot. I rolled a 65 at first which wasn't on the chart.
From what I'm seeing is, the tables have one of all possible combinations. So, if you rolled 6 and 4, they expect you to take the 46 option. Confusing? A little, but I can see why they did it. Also, I agree, that is a pretty rad name.

Varna said:
So, hoping you've room for one more. Replay up there pointed me in this RPs direction.
Edit: For the curious, rolled Ninja/Hunter whose mission is to kick ass for the lord.
Welcome aboard! I'm also on Team Ninja for being best class. A dungeoneering Assassin class just kinda clicks with me, ya know?

Dietaku said:
The same way that Malfeas can have Ligier visible on all his infinite layers; normal space and time doesn't necessarily apply in the Labyrinth.
From what I'm seeing is, the tables have one of all possible combinations. So, if you rolled 6 and 4, they expect you to take the 46 option. Confusing? A little, but I can see why they did it. Also, I agree, that is a pretty rad name.

Welcome aboard! I'm also on Team Ninja for being best class. A dungeoneering Assassin class just kinda clicks with me, ya know?
Isn't everyone in the dungeon trying to assassinate the monsters? Its just that most people prefer the "Behind us in the dungeon = dead, dismembered, and on fire. Even the inanimate architectural features. Especially the inanimate architectural features."

Exthalion said:
Isn't everyone in the dungeon trying to assassinate the monsters?
Why kill when you can assimilate?

Everyone should be a Happymancer and befriend monsters one by one via HAPPINESS. Laser beams may or may not be involved.

Dietaku said:
Seems incredibly legit. While playing a knight, I am all for the wholesale and merciless genocide of anything in our path. That being said, powgow has a point. Sometimes you can recruit the beasties to become citizens of your kingdom which is always a plus for us. Doesn't happen that often looking over the tables though.

Btw links to forum here: http://www.roleplay.zone/brsg-forums/labyrinth-land.7082/members

Exthalion said:
Isn't everyone in the dungeon trying to assassinate the monsters? Its just that most people prefer the "Behind us in the dungeon = dead, dismembered, and on fire. Even the inanimate architectural features. Especially the inanimate architectural features."
Ninjas play nightmare mode: no fire, no explosions, backstabs only, final destination.

Are we doing any kind of group char gen or should we just go ahead and roll up our meeples and post them in the forum?

@Zyden If you want to coordinate with people on chargen, you can do that. I was under the impression that most people already had a sense of what they were playing, so, if you have a plan already, you can post it in the forum.

Although, something I've noticed, has anyone decided to take the reins, and become a Royal?

Can make a royal, although I initially chose knight as I was under the impression someone else would jump on it right away. Will probably stick with knight unless nobody wants to be the guy.

I'm happy to be the King. I'll reroll. Also, I'm posting a character sheet template to the forum for general use / modification.

Bwaahah, I rolled Maharaja the Ironclad's mission and it is being surrounded by 50 units of Iron.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back