• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Lab Techs, Late Bloomers and a Lost Lapras (Pokémon Role-play)

Paperface

Wood Pulp Connoisseur
The World
Set in a more modern-day Kanto Region – including the Sevii Islands – after the commercialization of Pokémon by a corporate entity known as the Oran Corporation. This commercialization lead to a significant increase in the economic value of Pokémon. Especially those considered uncommon as their appearance on the big screen drew more attention than your run-of-the-mill high-grass-dwelling Caterpie. This caused a noticeable shift in the Indigo Challenge ‘climate’ as battling became more about ratings than victory. A trainer with a unique battle-style or better self-marketing will often be more successful in the long run, even if unsuccessful in completing the Indigo Challenge.

The Setting
Even in a Region dominated with the common wish of one day being the very best, there are those who didn’t feel like answering the call when they turned 11. Those who now regret that decision, or have other reasons for embarking on their journey now that they’re the ripe age of somewhere around the 18 range? Give or take a few years. However! Late Bloomers aren’t exactly pulling in the same views as starry-eyed children and will have a hard time signing a deal with a sponsor that’ll pay for the expenses. Nowadays Pokémon nor Pokéballs are cheap. So what’s the plan then?

Well, it’s their lucky day! Field researcher Dominic Alder is offering to provide a Pokémon for 2 trainers that’re willing to accompany him to the Sevii Islands. Which means it’ll only be a short journey from Pallet Town to Vermillion City, followed by boarding the Seagallop Ferry to the before mentioned islands. Right?

Surely nothing could go wrong along the way.

No withheld information whatsoever.

Moving on!

The Cast
This is the first group-based story I’ve managed in a long while, so I might be out of my league (pun intended). Which is why I’m starting off small by looking for two players and staying open-minded to a third player if I like what their OC adds to the party. No more than that though.
What I need out of the OCs is at least 1 whose goal is to become a Pokémon Champion by winning the Indigo League. Seriously, this story cannot be completed without such an OC. The other OC can also have this goal, but I’d prefer something different (e.q. a Coordinator or Breeder) just for the sake of variety. Also because I am not looking forward to playing out all Gym Battles twice over, but again that is something that can be worked around.

Man, this is getting lengthy..

The Rules
‘The necessary evil’
  • Speaking of necessary evil; battling will be more realistic. Meaning Pokémon can get injured in ways a trip to a Pokémon Center will not instantly restore, and death is something I will allow to happen outside of the monitored battles. (e.q. wild encounters and fighting ‘bad guys’)
  • While there will be plenty of space for the necessary NPCs during this story, I will not permit more than 1 OC per player.
  • I will however encourage adding personality to the Pokémon used throughout the RP, as opposed to them simply being a tool for battle.
  • While on the subject of Pokémon. I want to limit the choice to Kanto and Johto native Pokémon, with Johto native Pokémon being far more uncommon to encounter in Kanto.
  • I am looking for creativity and will not use a first come first serve method for picking players.
  • I will not put an upper limit to the post lengths, but will ask for 2 paragraphs as a baseline.
  • Site rules are to be followed. I’m sure this isn’t really something I need to state, but just to be sure?
  • I’m open to setting up a Discord for OOC/plotting purposes, if preferred.
  • Rules are subject to additions as I’m probably forgetting some things while writing this.

As a final note I would like to say thank you. Whether you are interested in joining or not, you took the time to read through it and I appreciate that!

Also, feel free to PM me for anything related to this thread. Whether it be an application, a question or a suggestion as to how I can make a thread more effectively. It is all very much welcome. Thanks in advance!

While on the subject of Pokémon. I want to limit the choice to Kanto and Johto native Pokémon, with Johto native Pokémon being far more uncommon to encounter in Kanto.

How about evolutionary relatives like Mime Jr and Elekid? Are those a free game kind of thing?

I'm thinking of assuming the role of the League Challenger.

’m open to setting up a Discord for OOC/plotting purposes, if preferred.

Go for the Discord.

How about evolutionary relatives like Mime Jr and Elekid? Are those a free game kind of thing?
If any Pokemon of the evolution line is available in the Kanto or Johto dex, then the entire line is available.

Also, thanks gor the interest!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back