• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Realistic or Modern La Liberté ou la Mort

zippy

placeholder
[class=bkgd] position: relative; box-sizing: border-box; width: 600px; height: 400px; background: url(https://imgur.com/4io0DR3.png); background-size: 100%; overflow: hidden; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto; border-radius: 10px; [/class] [class=line] overflow: visible; position: absolute; top: -15.5px; left: 557.5px; width: 3px; height: 431px; background-color: #4A0001; [/class] [class=one] position: absolute; overflow: visible; width: 40px; height: 40px; left: 542px; top: 61.302px; transform: rotate(45deg); transform-origin: left; border: 3px solid #4A0001; background-color: #000; color: #fff; font-size: 30px; line-height: 40px; text-align: center; [/class] [class=two] position: absolute; overflow: visible; width: 40px; height: 40px; left: 542px; top: 133.3px; transform: rotate(45deg); transform-origin: left; border: 3px solid #4A0001; background-color: #000; color: #fff; font-size: 30px; line-height: 40px; text-align: center; [/class] [class=three] position: absolute; overflow: visible; width: 40px; height: 40px; left: 542px; top: 205.3px; transform: rotate(45deg); transform-origin: left; border: 3px solid #4A0001; background-color: #000; color: #fff; font-size: 30px; line-height: 40px; text-align: center; [/class] [class=four] position: absolute; overflow: visible; width: 40px; height: 40px; left: 542px; top: 277.3px; transform: rotate(45deg); transform-origin: left; border: 3px solid #4A0001; background-color: #000; color: #fff; font-size: 30px; line-height: 40px; text-align: center; [/class] [class=title] position: absolute; overflow: visible; width: 450px; height: auto; left: 70px; top: 65px; transform: rotate(-5deg); transform-origin: left; color: #fff; font-size: 45px; text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 3px 3px 0px #000; [/class] [class=sumsubtitle] position: absolute; overflow: visible; height: auto; width: 150px; left: 380px; top: 105px; transform: rotate(5deg); transform-origin: left; color: #be0000; font-size: 30px; text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 3px 3px 0px #000; text-align: center; [/class] [class=plotsubtitle] position: absolute; overflow: visible; height: auto; width: 150px; left: 380px; top: 105px; transform: rotate(5deg); transform-origin: left; color: #be0000; font-size: 30px; text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 3px 3px 0px #000; text-align: center; [/class] [class=rolsubtitle] position: absolute; overflow: visible; height: auto; width: 150px; left: 380px; top: 105px; transform: rotate(5deg); transform-origin: left; color: #be0000; font-size: 30px; text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 3px 3px 0px #000; text-align: center; [/class] [class=rulsubtitle] position: absolute; overflow: visible; height: auto; width: 150px; left: 380px; top: 105px; transform: rotate(5deg); transform-origin: left; color: #be0000; font-size: 30px; text-transform: uppercase; text-shadow: 3px 3px 0px #000; text-align: center; [/class] [class=body] position: relative; overflow: auto; width: 248px; height: 150px; color: #fff; font-size: 10px; line-height: 11px; padding: 15px; text-align: justify; [/class] [class=bodycont] position: absolute; overflow: hidden; width: 260.601px; height: 195.239px; left: 195.959px; top: 180.913px; transform: rotate(-5deg); transform-origin: left; background-color: #000; border-radius: 10px; [/class] [class=tab] position: absolute; overflow: visible; width: 40px; height: 40px; left: 542px; top: 133.3px; transform: rotate(45deg); transform-origin: left; border: 3px solid #4A0001; background-color: #000; color: #fff; font-size: 30px; line-height: 40px; text-align: center; [/class] [class name=tab state=hover] background-color: white; [/class] [script class=tab on=click] hide tabsContent set currentTab (getText) if (eq ${currentTab} 1) (show tabsContentSummary) if (eq ${currentTab} 1) (show sumsubtitle) if (eq ${currentTab} 1) (hide plotsubtitle) if (eq ${currentTab} 1) (hide rolsubtitle) if (eq ${currentTab} 1) (hide rulsubtitle) if (eq ${currentTab} 2) (show tabsContentPlot) if (eq ${currentTab} 2) (show plotsubtitle) if (eq ${currentTab} 2) (hide sumsubtitle) if (eq ${currentTab} 2) (hide rolsubtitle) if (eq ${currentTab} 2) (hide rulsubtitle) if (eq ${currentTab} 3) (show tabsContentRoles) if (eq ${currentTab} 3) (show rolsubtitle) if (eq ${currentTab} 3) (hide sumsubtitle) if (eq ${currentTab} 3) (hide plotsubtitle) if (eq ${currentTab} 3) (hide rulsubtitle) if (eq ${currentTab} 4) (show tabsContentRules) if (eq ${currentTab} 4) (show rulsubtitle) if (eq ${currentTab} 4) (hide sumsubtitle) if (eq ${currentTab} 4) (hide plotsubtitle) if (eq ${currentTab} 4) (hide rolsubtitle) [/script] [class=credit] position: relative; overflow: hidden; width: 100%; height: 10px; text-align: center; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; font-size: 8px; color: #000; opacity: 0.7; [/class]
[div class=bkgd]
[div class=line][/div]
[div class=tabs][div class=tab style="left: 542px;top: 61.302px;"]1[/div][div class=tab style="left: 542px;top: 133.3px;"]2[/div][div class=tab style="left: 542px; top: 205.3px;"]3[/div][div class=tab style="left: 542px; top: 277.3px;"]4[/div][/div]
[div class=title]La Liberté ou la Mort[/div]
[div class="tabsContent tabsContentSummary"][div class=bodycont][div class=body]Brothers,

As we know, a history that is forgotten is a history that is destined to repeat itself. It is the year 1832, a civilized time with a civilized people. We have made great strides over those who lived before us a century ago. Why then do we find ourselves in the same predicament? Oppressed by those who think themselves better than us?

One king for another and of course we are still deserted. What have we earned through our troubles? Harvest failures? No food? Our sisters, mothers, fathers, and brothers falling ill to this "cholera". Open your eyes brothers, they are poisoning the wells to keep us down. To keep us weak.

We can fight back. A united front against the bourgeoisie. Join the fight, for we shall not remain dormant as the world moves on around us. It is time to realize that is us against them, and they will not give us that which we deserve. We must take it.

La Liberté ou la Mort.[/div][/div][/div]

[div class="tabsContent tabsContentPlot" style="display: none;"][div class=bodycont][div class=body]The events of roleplay will explore the weeks leading up to and including the June Rebellion of 1832. This rebellion is featured in Les Misérables written by Victor Hugo, a novel that inspired the musical (and movie) as well. It is important to note that this is NOT a fandom roleplay. This means there will be no Marius, Enjolras, Gavroche, etc etc.

The main focus will be on the formation of the secret society and relationships between the revolutionaries (insurgents). It will culminate with the final battle on June 5-6 1832, likely with the deaths of all of our characters. I'd like to start maybe two months before that. To give us time to fully explore our characters and the themes of rebellion and freedom through the eyes of young revolutionaries.

If anything here is unclear, please ask in the comment section. I'm happy to answer all questions and I am open to suggestions.[/div][/div][/div]

[div class="tabsContent tabsContentRoles" style="display: none;"][div class=bodycont][div class=body]Although there aren't too many specific roles needed please keep in mind these types of people needed:
[*] The Leader: The head of the secret society.
[*] The Co-Leader: Likely best friends with The Leader.
[*] The Strategist: Comes up with the plans or helps to inform the Leader and Co-Leader.
[*] The Spy: Good at sneaking into places they don't belong. An information gatherer for the group.
[*] The Snake: Someone who doesn't have the group's best interests at mind. Willing to betray them.
[*] Anything else you can think of.

Roles like the strategist and the spy can consist of many characters. I'd like to keep the leader at one (of course) and co-leader to a max of two characters. Anyone who wants to play a SNAKE: your character will be heavily scrutinized by me and I will likely only allow only one of these characters.

Keep in mind that for the most part these revolutionaries were young men. Very young/old characters and female characters will be limited and need a good reason to be involved with the group.[/div][/div][/div]

[div class="tabsContent tabsContentRules" style="display: none;"][div class=bodycont][div class=body]1. Follow all RPN rules.

2. Post activity should be at a minimum of one post per week. Extended absences without informing me of what is going on will result in your character being removed from the roleplay.

3. NO GOD-MODDING. If you do this I will offer one warning before killing off your character.

4. No spontaneous dance parties.

5. .... Only 2 spontaneous dance parties are allowed.

6. I will allow up to 3 characters per player, but each should be given equal attention.

7. Preferably active OOC.

8. Communicate any and all issues you have. Even if it's something I'm doing that you don't like.

9. REAL face claims.

10. At least 250 words per post, although I understand writer's block. Just be sure to make your reply something that others can work off of and we should alright here.[/div][/div][/div]
[div class=sumsubtitle]summary[/div]
[div class=plotsubtitle style="display: none;"]plot[/div]
[div class=rolsubtitle style="display: none;"]roles[/div]
[div class=rulsubtitle style="display: none;"]rules[/div]
[/div][div class=credit]code by sox sox [/div]

SUMMARY
Brothers,

As we know, a history that is forgotten is a history that is destined to repeat itself. It is the year 1832, a civilized time with a civilized people. We have made great strides over those who lived before us a century ago. Why then do we find ourselves in the same predicament? Oppressed by those who think themselves better than us?

One king for another and of course we are still deserted. What have we earned through our troubles? Harvest failures? No food? Our sisters, mothers, fathers, and brothers falling ill to this "cholera". Open your eyes brothers, they are poisoning the wells to keep us down. To keep us weak.

We can fight back. A united front against the bourgeoisie. Join the fight, for we shall not remain dormant as the world moves on around us. It is time to realize that is us against them, and they will not give us that which we deserve. We must take it.

La Liberté ou la Mort.

PLOT
The events of roleplay will explore the weeks leading up to and including the June Rebellion of 1832. This rebellion is featured in Les Misérables written by Victor Hugo, a novel that inspired the musical (and movie) as well. It is important to note that this is NOT a fandom roleplay. This means there will be no Marius, Enjolras, Gavroche, etc etc.

The main focus will be on the formation of the secret society and relationships between the revolutionaries (insurgents). It will culminate with the final battle on June 5-6 1832, likely with the deaths of all of our characters. I'd like to start maybe two months before that. To give us time to fully explore our characters and the themes of rebellion and freedom through the eyes of young revolutionaries.

If anything here is unclear, please ask in the comment section. I'm happy to answer all questions and I am open to suggestions.

ROLES
Although there aren't too many specific roles needed please keep in mind these types of people needed:
[*] The Leader: The head of the secret society.
[*] The Co-Leader: Likely best friends with The Leader.
[*] The Strategist: Comes up with the plans or helps to inform the Leader and Co-Leader.
[*] The Spy: Good at sneaking into places they don't belong. An information gatherer for the group.
[*] The Snake: Someone who doesn't have the group's best interests at mind. Willing to betray them.
[*] Anything else you can think of.

Roles like the strategist and the spy can consist of many characters. I'd like to keep the leader at one (of course) and co-leader to a max of two characters. Anyone who wants to play a SNAKE: your character will be heavily scrutinized by me and I will likely only allow only one of these characters.

Keep in mind that for the most part these revolutionaries were young men. Very young/old characters and female characters will be limited and need a good reason to be involved with the group.

RULES
1. Follow all RPN rules.

2. Post activity should be at a minimum of one post per week. Extended absences without informing me of what is going on will result in your character being removed from the roleplay.

3. NO GOD-MODDING. If you do this I will offer one warning before killing off your character.

4. No spontaneous dance parties.

5. .... Only 2 spontaneous dance parties are allowed.

6. I will allow up to 3 characters per player, but each should be given equal attention.

7. Preferably active OOC.

8. Communicate any and all issues you have. Even if it's something I'm doing that you don't like.

9. REAL face claims.

10. At least 250 words per post, although I understand writer's block. Just be sure to make your reply something that others can work off of and we should alright here

oh my gosh! les mis is one of my favs! i most likely won’t be able to join however, you bet your bottom dollar i’m sending all my love and support! uwu dearie!
[ tagging AnimeGenork AnimeGenork - not sure if you’re able to join a roleplay, but, i know you can appreciate this as much as me! or even more ! ]

probably going to be a small group on this one. still looking for more players of course. character sheet thread will go up either late tonight or tomorrow during the day.

in other words, bump (:

as i said i was unsure as to your interest due to you interaction on the thread. this is definitely not a command that you have to join. it was a just in case

Users who are viewing this thread

Back