• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Multiple Settings Ⱡł₭Ɇ ₮ⱧɄ₦ĐɆⱤ Ʉ₦ĐɆⱤ₩₳₮ɆⱤ [Long-Term Partner Search]

Inquieta

Always Tired
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Please don't be afraid to message me! I'm happy to chat, even if we don't end up RPing anything! <3

YOU CAN TRY TO DESCRIBE ME...
NIC'S 1X1 INTEREST CHECK

INTRODUCTION.

I'm always happy to make RP partners and friends alike, so I figured why not start a thread searching for these things?

Give the tabs a read through and if I sound like the type of person you'd get along well with, simply drop me a PM - no matter whether you're looking for an RP partner or just someone to chat with.

I will also respond to messages on this thread but keep in mind that I'll periodically delete replies on it to keep it tidy.

CURRENT CRAVINGS.

These are the plots, settings and pairings that I'm currently craving an RP with. I'll be willing to potentially do anything on the other lists, but it might take some convincing whereas I'll immediately be down to RP any of the following.

Dungeons & Dragons.

I really want to develop my characters from games outside of sessions, and would love to write them in different scenarios from their past/future/AUs. I have a number of different characters, of different genders and species and would even create a new character or two if none of them take your fancy.

I don't have any specific plots or ideas in mind just yet, but would love to hear your ideas and/or come up with a plot together with you!

ABOUT ME.

I go by Inquieta or Nic - take your pick! I'm 25, from the East of England, and prefer they/them pronouns - though I won't be offended if you call me by other ones. I'm currently unemployed due to my health, however, this gives me plenty of time to lurk on RP Nation and chat/RP with people!

I'd say I'm semi-literate to advanced, and I'm capable of writing upwards of three paragraphs per reply - it all depends on how inspired and enthusiastic I am about the plot. This means I write anywhere from 200 to over 1,000 words per response but average at about 300-400, especially during dialogue-heavy portions of RPs. Replies can be either multiple times a day, or once a week depending on my health at the time. Please be patient with me if I don't get back to you straight away!

Now, due to my health, I will admit that sometimes I get confused while writing. It doesn't happen often, but when it does, it really affects my ability to write. I might use wrong names, write something that has nothing to do with the RP, or make little to no sense at all. Please excuse me if this ever happens during an RP! Simply tell me OOC, and I'll delete it and replace it with a proper response when I'm feeling better. As I said, it doesn't happen often, but please forgive me if it ever does!

I tend to write in third person, past/present tense.

I will happily write multiple characters for the same RP - it doesn't matter if they are multiple main characters, side characters, or simply NPC/throwaway characters. There aren't normally only just the two people in the entire world, after all, so I'm willing to throw in other random characters to advance the story, make it flow better and/or give it some extra depth.

I love to chat with people OOC, and frequently have multiple DMs set up with a single user - one purely for OOC chatter, and then others for any RP(s) that we have going on. This also raises another point - if you enjoy writing with me, don't feel as though we're restricted purely to the single RP! It's perfectly OK to have multiple plots and RPs with me at the same time, I don't mind at all!

Now a little more about me in case you wanted to strike up a conversation OOC...

I love my dog. She's called Bindi, and she is an eight-year-old GSD x Border collie mixed breed. We adopted her from a friend when she became too much for her to handle, as she was originally a rescue pup. If you just want cute pictures of her, let me know and I'm happy to send some your way - I have hundreds after all, if not thousands of photos of her (and that's not an exaggeration), haha!

I play the bass guitar. I'm not in a band due to my health, but it remains a hobby of mine and I thoroughly enjoy it. I try and play at least once a day for an hour, and enjoy playing all sorts of songs. And speaking of music, my favourite musical artists are My Chemical Romance, Motley Crue, Sixx: A.M., Black Veil Brides, La Dispute, Imagine Dragons and Palaye Royale.

I'm also a massive tattoo lover! Send me pictures of your tattoos and I'll gush over them for hours! I have six of my own!

And lastly, I'm also a bit of a gamer. Feel free to ask me for my Steam or Xbox accounts to add me over on there - I play all sorts of games! Cyberpunk 2077 is a recent obsession of mine, but I play lots of other sorts, too!

Edited to add that I also thoroughly enjoy chatting OOC over on Discord, but it's not a requirement. DM me for my tag!

LOOKING FOR.

A friendly person to write with!

People that are willing to chat OOC, as well as RPing! I find that having a friendly relationship with an RPing partner helps to give me more ideas and enthusiasm about a thread. You're also likelier to receive quicker responses from me if we talk a lot OOC.

Involvement with the RP. Please don't leave everything down to me to figure out. I'd love it if you had ideas - no matter how small - to throw into the mix. This also goes with replies - please give me something to respond to in your writing. I don't mind how much or how little you write, just as long as there is something for my character(s) to react to in your post!

Willingness to RP multiple characters, whether they be side or throwaway characters. This is so that the story can have extra depth, will advance easier and makes a little more sense. They don't have to be fully fleshed out or even have a name if they're not that important!

Someone that's patient with me and my illnesses. If you want to know what they are, you're welcome to ask. But just know that sometimes I make mistakes, have delayed replies and occasionally get confused with responses to threads. If something doesn't make sense in a reply that I've written, then please just tell me! It's likely I was having a bad bout and couldn't concentrate properly. I'll quickly change my response to make sense/alter the errors if I'm informed!

Preferably 18+, but I'm not set in stone about this. Just know that I'm very wary of doing any sort of pairings with people that are below 18, and would prefer a non-pairing thread with younger aged people. I am just generally more comfortable writing with people that are 18+, and especially if they are 20+ and closer to my age.

Someone that's LGBT+ friendly and believes BLM. This should go without saying, really. If you're a bigot, I'm not comfortable RPing or talking with you. It's as simple as that.

RULES.

Please follow the site's rules.

I have a couple of triggers, so I'd appreciate it if you refrained from going into explicit detail about topics of suicide and self-harm. Brushing over them, or mentioning them in passing/having them in backstories is fine, but I just don't feel comfortable writing about or having my characters react to it. Let me know if you have any subjects you wish for me to avoid before we start RPing!

Please don't constantly pester me to reply. I'll get to it as soon as I possibly can. Some days I may be feeling very ill, so I might not be able to respond at all. But I'll always try and respond at least once a week, no matter how long my periods of illness last for. A couple of nudges here and there are absolutely fine, but messages about replying every five minutes is just overkill.

ORIGINAL SETTINGS.

Anthromorphs

Apocalypse

Band / Musicians

College / University

Cyberpunk

Enemies to Lovers

Experiments

Fantasy

Gifted

High Fantasy

Horror

Mafia

Medieval

Modern

Mystery

Paranormal Investigators

Post-Apocalyptic

Realistic

Rebellion

Romance

Science Fiction

Slice of Life

Steampunk

Stray Dogs

Superheroes

Supernatural Creatures

Supernatural Hunters

Supernatural Investigators

Superpowers

Supervillains

Vampires

Werewolves

Wolves

Zombies

PAIRINGS.

All can be MxF, MxM, FxF or NBxWhatever!

Adventurer x Adventurer

Adventurer x Villain / Bad Guy

Assassin x Assassin

Assassin x Target

Bandmate x Bandmate

Cowboy x Bandit

Detective x Client

Demon x Human

Gifted x Gifted

Gifted x Regular Human

Good Guy / Girl x Bad Guy / Girl

Mafia Boss x Police Chief

Mafia x Rival Mafia

Musician x Fan

Musician x Rival Musician

Musician / Famous Person x Security Guard

Pirate x Mermaid

Pirate Captain x Pirate

Pirate x Stowaway

Police Officer x Gang Member

Popular Guy/Girl x Outcast Guy/Girl

Outlaw x Sheriff

Reaper x Human

Rebel x Rebel

Rebel x Royalty

Rich x Poor

Royalty x Protector

Rockstar x Classical Musician

Shapeshifter x Human

Shapeshifter x Shapeshifter

Spy x Spy

Soldier x Soldier

Superhero x Civilian

Superpowered Hero x Superpowered Villain

Survivor x Soldier

Survivor x Survivor

Vampire x Hunter

Vampire x Mortal

Vampire x Werewolf

Werewolf x Hunter

Werewolf x Mortal

Wrestler x Fan

Wrestler x Wrestler

FANDOMS.

Aggretsuko.

American Satan / Paradise City.

Assassin's Creed.

Baldur's Gate (1, 2 & 3).

Beastars.

Black Butler.

Blue Exorcist.

BNA (Brand New Animal).

BNHA/MHA (My Hero Academia).

Charmed.

Cyberpunk 2077.

Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys.

The Darkness.

Death Note.

Doctor Who.

Dragon Age.

Dungeons & Dragons.

Final Fantasy XV.

Half-Life.

Heroes.

The Hunger Games.

Jurassic Park / World

Left 4 Dead.

The Maze Runner.

Mirror's Edge.

My Hero Academia.

Persona.

Portal.

Ready Player One.

Resident Evil.

Supernatural.

The Umbrella Academy.

Wretched and Divine: The Story of the Wild Ones.

...BUT YOU'LL NEVER DEFINE ME.
DM me if you're interested in anything you've read, I don't bite!

• broken-heart.jpg

YOU CAN TRY AND DESCRIBE ME...
    NIC'S 1X1 INTEREST CHECK

The smell of macaroni and cheese fills the tidy apartment in the early evening hours, a radio in the kitchen blaring the country’s current top tracks while a young woman makes her way back and forth across the room. She’s currently in the process of drawing up a sketch; a machine she would build if somehow she ever ended up rich, and flits between the papers and the stove where two pans are bubbling away.

Blue eyes are fixated on the sketch, while cherry blossom-coloured hair that easily reaches her waist is pushed back over her shoulders to stop it from falling in the food. Two red bows are pinned in her hair, while some bangs fall in her face but don’t entirely cover her eyes. She wears a pink tank top and some baggy, black sweatpants with black and red socks poking out from underneath. Her regular boots are propped up beside the apartment’s front door, while her fingerless gloves are cast aside on the coffee table in the living room.

The two pots for the macaroni and the cheese sauce are simmering on the stove. Ariel has measured out enough pasta for both her and her housemate when he returns from class, giving them both a hearty meal. Speaking of which, he is already late coming home. He must have gotten side-tracked on the way back. At least that gives her time to cook the meal for the pair of them without needing to rush.

She reaches across to stir the sauce with a wooden spoon, using her free hand, whilst her second continues to hold the pencil. Her hips are swaying in time with the music, head nodding to the beat. Ariel wasn’t trying to dance but finds herself caught up by the melody, and due to being alone in the apartment, she feels like she has a chance to without the potentiality of being laughed at. She isn’t exactly the best at dancing, after all.

Being so distracted by her three tasks, Ariel doesn’t hear the front door as it clicks closed. Entering the apartment is her housemate, Cerule - a smartly dressed man in a blue three-quarter length jacket and a red bow tie, which matches nicely with his red eyes and blue hair. He wears white trousers and black, thigh-high boots, along with a pair of black gloves, though it isn’t particularly cold outside. He’s carrying a few shopping bags into the apartment - most of them from their local food store, but one stands out from the rest.

“Hello?” he calls, and though he gets no response from inside the house, Cerule can tell that someone is home from the smell of the food and the sound of the radio. Putting the bags down on the floor for a moment, he takes off his jacket and hangs it up before kicking off his boots - lining them up against the wall beside Ariel’s.

Retrieving the bags, he makes his way into the apartment, following the sounds of the radio. As he moves into the kitchen, Cerule is greeted by the sight of Ariel dancing. She’s moving back and forth between the stove and the countertop where her sketches are strewn about; oblivious to his arrival, she’s even begun to hum along softly to the music.

For a few moments, Cerule watches with an amused smile on his face. But when he finds that the bags are starting to feel heavier and heavier in his grip, he decides to clear his throat loudly and places all the bags - minus one - upon a free countertop. He puts the last one down on the ground beside the work surface, then turns his full attention to a - now mortified - Ariel.

She’d jumped the moment that she heard the sound of his throat being cleared, and turned to face him - abruptly forgetting about the food and the design sketches.

“You scared me! Why didn’t you tell me that you were back?” Ariel scolds, generating a small laugh of amusement from Cerule in response. She scowls at him, picking up the dishcloth from the counter beside her and throwing it in his direction.

Cerule effortlessly catches the rag with one hand, shaking his head and letting out another chuckle as he places it down on the counter beside the bags.

“I did, but you were too busy dancing away to notice,” he tells her, a charming smile on his features as he continues to speak, “By the way, you’re not half bad. With a couple of lessons, I think you’d be pretty great at it.”

“What? No, I--”

“I could even teach you. I know how to dance a thing or two,” Cerule interrupts, seeming persistent on the matter.

“I’m not going to--”

“I also got you a gift today.”

That makes her pause. Cerule crouches down to pull a shoebox out of the bag that’s on the floor, standing back up before holding it out to her. Ariel tilts her head, moving a few steps closer and taking the box from his hands.

“I think they’ll suit you,” he tells her as she opens the box, revealing a pair of black stilettos inside. Immediately her features turn downwards into a soft scowl as she shakes her head.

“Cerule, my boots are the most comfortable pair of shoes that I own, you know that. If this is another ploy between you and Russet…”

“It’s not, I swear. I honestly just thought they would look good on you,” Cerule insists, giving her another fond smile.

She sighs and decides to give them at least an honest look over. They didn’t seem to be her style at all, and she can’t help but frown as she thinks this. She’d much rather wear her comfortable pair of boots whenever she needs to go out anywhere.

Distracted by the gift, she doesn’t notice the pan for the pasta beginning to boil over behind her. It isn’t until there’s the sound of hissing as the water overflows and spills out onto the hot stove that she takes note.

Gasping, Ariel quickly shoves the shoebox into Cerulee’s hands so that she can turn back to tend to the food. She switches off the stove, removing both of the pans from the heat and giving the cheese sauce a good stir with a wooden spoon, though a portion of it is already burnt and stuck to the bottom.

“Look what you and your shoes have made me do,” she scolds, though there’s no real malice behind her words. It was just an accident, caused by Ariel’s momentary lapse in concentration and they both know that.

Cerule watches as she strains the water from the macaroni in the sink, then tips the pasta into the pan with the cheese sauce. Giving the food a good stir to combine it, Ariel then pours the finished meal into two separate bowls that were laid out on the counter, before putting the empty pans in the sink and turning back to face Cerule.

“You know that I don’t do well in heels. They’re definitely not my style.”

“Well, at least try them on for me, to see if they fit?” he asks now that she doesn’t have their meal to worry about, “When I take them back, I’ll get something that’s more ‘you’. But I need to make sure I got your size right, I’d hate to return things twice…”

Letting out a long sigh, Ariel nods, abandoning the bowls of food on the side for the time being as she steps closer to her friend. She takes the shoebox and makes her way to the couch. Sitting down, she takes one of the shoes from the box and reluctantly pulls it on.

“It fits,” she tells him, already moving to take it back off.

“No, no, you have to try them both on. One foot might be bigger than the other.”

She gives him a look, raising an eyebrow.

“It’s very common in people, actually,” Cerule informs her.

Rolling her eyes, Ariel takes the second stiletto and slips it on, looking up at him with an expression that easily reads ‘are you happy now?’ Immediately, Cerule breaks out into a mischievous grin, reaching out and taking hold of her hands to pull her up to her feet. She lets out a small noise of surprise, stumbling slightly from the new feeling of wearing heels. It was very, very obvious that Ariel isn’t used to it, but Cerule keeps a firm grip on her hands - not about to let her fall.

“Cerule!” Ariel laughs, trying to pull back from his grasp so that she could sit back down, though he held onto her firmly; “I never said I was going to walk around in them!”

“You’re not walking - I’m going to teach you to dance in them,” he responds, watching as she wobbles on her feet once again, “I’ve got you. Don’t throw your weight forward like that; stand up straight and relax.”

“Talk about throwing me in the deep end, Cerule,” Ariel complains light-heartedly, though straightens her back slightly like he’d told her to do.

“There you go! Now remember that it’s heel-toe when you step, not your entire foot at once,” he continues to teach, stepping back and gently pulling her with him. Ariel tries her best to follow his instructions, taking a clumsy step forward and laughing once again.

However, as she puts her heel down before the toe of the second shoe, she finds herself able to keep her balance mostly by herself. Cerule looks proud, loosening his grip slightly though still keeping hold of her.

“There you go! Now we go backwards…”

He takes two steps forward, and Ariel instinctively takes two steps back, falling into step with him. She looks up from where her gaze had been on her feet, meeting his gaze with a faint grin - which he happily returns.

“And I thought you said you wouldn’t take dance lessons from me?” Cerule says cheekily, which prompts Ariel to tut.

“You didn’t give me a choice!” she replies, continuing to move back and forth across the living room floor with him - quickly realising that he was keeping to the rhythm of the music from the radio.

After a little while, Cerule pulls back slightly, letting go of one of her hands. He raises her other above her head, carefully spinning her underneath their arms and receiving a soft laugh from her. Ariel stumbles slightly but quickly regains her balance as she returns to holding onto both of his hands.

The pair continue with this playful routine until the third song ends, at which point Cerule can tell that Ariel was starting to get tired. He releases his hold on one of her hands again, taking a step back and giving her a regal bow.

“It’s been a pleasure, m’lady,” he tells her charmingly, though that mischievous grin is still plastered across his features. Ariel simply rolls her eyes in response, knowing Cerule far too well by this point.

“Can I take these things off now?” is all that she questions in response. Her friend nods, leading her back across to the couch and helping her to sit down; it is at this point that Cerule finally lets go of her hands, leaning against the arm of the sofa as he watches her remove the shoes and place them back in the box.

“At least I know that they fit you. Now we have to find an event for you to wear them at,” Cerule muses, pretending to look thoughtful. Ariel reaches over and gently hits his forearm with the back of her hand, scowling playfully at him.

“You said you’d take them back and get me something different!”

“Did I?”

Ariel sighs melodramatically, closing up the box before passing it across to him. He takes it, propping it up under one arm.

“Want to watch a movie? A new horror movie just got added to that streaming service we have,” Ariel suggests, motioning to the television across the room opposite from the couch.

Cerule moves over to grab the remote and sits down, placing the box on the floor beside the couch and turning the television on, giving her a smile and a nod.

“Sounds good to me.”

As they’re waiting for the streaming service to boot up, a sudden realisation hits Ariel; she jumps up, quickly moving back to the kitchen. Cerule watches her, slightly confused before he remembers that she had been cooking when he returned home.

Ariel quickly grabs the two, now semi-cold bowls of macaroni and cheese from the counter, moving to reheat them to a more pleasant temperature.

While she waits for their meals to reheat, she gets to work putting away the shopping that Cerule had brought home, finding that most of it is easy to fit in the cupboards and the fridge. Almost the moment she finishes up doing so, the timer goes off, and she moves to retrieve their bowls of food, bringing them out into the lounge-area and placing them down on the coffee table.

“Dinner, dancing and a movie - I can’t imagine a better way to spend the evening,” Cerule smiles, picking up his bowl and beginning to tuck in, while Ariel sits down on the couch beside him. She places a pillow on her lap, putting the bowl on top of it and using it as a makeshift tray.

“It’s only mac and cheese, Cerule,” she tells him, not seeming as impressed as he is.

“But it’s your mac and cheese, which means that it tastes like heaven.”

She chuckles and presses play on the television remote, shifting her attention back toward the screen.

The rest of the evening was spent eating good food and hiding behind pillows to protect themselves from the events taking place on the screen, and they were more than glad that they shared an apartment together.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back