• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
DAWN

Dawn spent her time after breakfast reading her giant flying book in the corner of lounge, sitting on a lazy coach. Even though she still find it strange that someone decided to make a book acts like a bird but after trying to read the book she found out the reason. For someone with regular size like her, flipping the pages that big would be tiring, not only that but carrying it around would be too much of a hassle. Having the book do the tasks eliminate those inconveniences. Still, they should just separate the contents into several volumes instead of cramming all of those into one book and make cumbersome thing like this.

Since Dawn was already in the lounge, she didn't need to move anywhere when she received the announcement. The next lesson was about smithing? Blacksmithing, runesmithing and enchanthing? She didn't know much about the last two and blacksmithing was barely practiced in Titania anymore. So Dawn raised her hand when Mr. Ferron opened the opportunity to ask some questions.

"What is runesmithing and enchanting?"

EldridSmith EldridSmith

Name, Age:
Charlize Graves, 18

Race, Role:
Vampire, Student
Gender, Sexuality:
Female, Pan

Abilities
unnatural strength, speed, senses, and healing. doesn’t need to sleep, immortality, and telepathy

With: Arlosk, Nolganna, Xi-Xi, Oliver, & Ferron ( Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 , GrieveWriter GrieveWriter , Mineczka Mineczka , jinxxes jinxxes , and EldridSmith EldridSmith )
Mood: Fine

Charlie’s face sank as she watched Nolgy pick up a piece of her clothing. They weren’t meant for her… That was Arlosk’s job. Frustrated that some of her clothes were no longer clothes, but instead shredded pieces of cloth, the vampire buried her face into her hands. Before she could ask Nolganna not to try on another outfit, the door to her dorm opened and Oliver came in with books floating around him. Judging by the glare he gave the women, he was clearly not impressed. Feeling slightly embarrassed for being the cause of this, Charlie sheepishly shot him a look that stated a very expressive sorry, and then turned towards the crowd while clearing her throat.
“Okay I’m done with this, out!”

She ordered the ladies who more or less followed her command with a few groans and eye rolls. When they finally trailed out, Charlie found herself slamming the door shut and sinking onto the ground. Socializing was tiring.

~~

Charlie had spent the rest of her morning hauling back her clothes to her closet and attempting to reorganize the mess that it had become. As she finished scooping up the tattered pieces of the jacket that Nolganna tried to wear, a voice appeared in her mind, beckoning her to the lounge room. The day was not over quite yet-- but maybe she could see the golden boy who had caught her attention the day before.

Nodding over to Oliver who had also heard the message in his mind, she headed out and made her way to the lounge. A crowd was soon forming as other students responded to the message they all received. While Charlie could occasionally form words in other’s minds, she could never just outright speak to multiple people at once through telekinesis. It was something she was very weak with and it often failed whenever she tried. Perhaps the voice in her mind would help her strengthen those powers.

Once the students gathered, a rather muscly yet short man came forth and began speaking something about weaponry. Charlie rolled her eyes as if she needed to know how to do that. When he prompted for questions, the vampire took a moment to lazily raise her hand and speak out.

“What if we don’t need to make weapons or well anything for that matter?”
She asked, quirking her eyebrow at the teacher. Okay so Charlie wasn’t a prime example of a stellar student, however, the college had specifically chosen her for some reason and she figured it was a fair question. Really, it was their fault for inviting a bored vampire who didn’t really know what she was doing, however, Charlie had to admit, this experience would probably help her more than anything. It didn’t mean that she didn’t have to make it difficult though.

Name, Age:
Thalia Blackthorn, 19

Race, Role:
Human (witch), Student
Gender, Sexuality:
Female, Hetero

Abilities:
Divination (very little), Spellcasting, Necromancy, Creation of Potions & Elixirs

With: Ragnar and Charlie, mentions Caspian, Trae, and Xi-Xi ( EldridSmith EldridSmith , Corvid15 Corvid15 , YungJazz YungJazz , & Mineczka Mineczka )
Mood: Slightly Annoyed but Okay

As soon as Thalia fell onto her bed, she passed out being rather overwhelmed from the events of the day. For the first time in a very long time, she had dreamed of absolutely nothing, and it brought her some peace. The witch soon found herself waking to a voice announcing important information in her mind.

Groggily, she wiped her eyes from any gunk that appeared in her sleep before realizing that there was a half-giant hugging. Smiling from the affection, she immediately hugged the half-giant, knowing it was well needed for both of them.

“I suppose we have to go to the lounge now.”

Thalia murmured as she pulled away from the hug. Realizing she was still in her pajamas, the witch had a conundrum upon her. Should she go to class wearing her sleepwear, or would it be better to get changed? Seeing as she was wearing shorts, she figured it would make more sense to change into something else, as she had no idea what was to come. Quickly rushing into the bathroom, she grabbed a floral long sleeve blouse and another pair of leggings. This would probably do much better.

Marching out of the bathroom, Thalia smiled at Ragnar before they both headed out to the lounge with the rest of the students. She was glad Ragnar had waited for her to change instead of just leaving her behind to catch up with everyone. Friends were truly great.

As her eyes scanned the crowd, she recognized some familiar faces, as well as some others that she didn’t quite know yet. For example, one person was in a wheelchair, and another was wearing no shirt and baggy pants that ended at the knee. There was also a woman whom she hadn’t met yet who looked to be part bird. Thalia knew that she was there during the previous class, but she had yet to introduce herself.

As the new teacher introduced himself, she found herself perking up at the mention of the class. Blacksmithing. Her friend Grimalkin was a skilled blacksmith and had taught Thalia a few things, but not a lot. The witch was rather looking forward to the class until Charlie who had danced with her the night before asked a rather rude question.

Thalia frowned. What was the point in that question? Couldn’t she just keep it to herself? Sighing, the witch decided not to dwell on it and waited for the teacher to speak.

1586403599223.png

Arlosk
interaction: beeswaxie beeswaxie EldridSmith EldridSmith mention: Mineczka Mineczka GrieveWriter GrieveWriter
so yeah.. the whole makeover was a bit of a bust once Oliver walked in souring the mood greatly luckily Arlosk mood was improved somewhat by MR cult's usual invasive message to meet in the lounge being introduced to the dwarven man from there first-day Arlosk would Ferron a cheeky smile. so they where doing smithing and the like looking at Ferron once again Arlosk would place a hand on her chin for a moment "hmm so sir? will there be any particular dress code for this?" she'd ask her tone sounding half joking half like an actual question half... well considering what Arlosk was wearing sarcastic. Arlosk's attention quickly drifted to the adorable witch girl and the half-giant approaching em she'd give the pair a smile after seeing what happened to them yesterday she was kinda curious if they were ok mostly thalia "hey~ you two ya doing good after yesterday not sure what happened to ya in there but hope your feeling better" she'd say to them with a kind tone.

Name, Age:
Oliver Castro, 18

Race, Role:
Half Demon, Student
Gender, Sexuality:
Male, N/A

Abilities:
Precognition, Empathy, Telepathy, Telekinesis

Mood: Brooding

Oliver had stayed quiet since interrupting the girls time, nose buried deep in his books without sparing Charlie any further looks or comments. He was definitely mad about catching a bunch of being in their room, but at least she had sent them away right when he got back. That helped to tone it back a little. The demon figured he should probably tell her just to tell him next time so he could lock up his things, but he wasn't yet in a mood to speak to her.

And with a familiar voice reaching through his mind, making him jump from his concentrated position with his books. He snapped the book shut and made his way to meet this new teacher for whatever ridiculous class would be next. Oliver definitely thought it was ridiculous when face to face with their teacher, his more neutral and annoyed look turning into a scowl. Whatever. He'd get through this.

The first time he looked at Charlie since the incident in the bedroom was when she spoke up about what if there was nothing they needed to make. A good question, but Oliver just liked to stay mad so he tore his gaze away to glare at the teacher once again so he could just wait for another day to be over with.

Name, Age:
Asher Quinn, 19

Race, Role:
Elf/Light Elemental, Student
Gender, Sexuality:
Male, Pansexual

Abilities:
Light Absorption and Manipulation

Mood: Cheery

Since Asher had already been in the lounge, he was able to see the others showing up for their teacher's discussion on what this class would be about. Unlike some of his other fellow students, the blond seemed excited about this. While being sweet, Asher did enjoy fighting so getting into blacksmithing might be interesting. He was never one to pass up a cool weapon. He was also the type to keep at something for hours so he probably wouldn't do that bad with it once he learned actual techniques. Competitive and energetic, he'd be fine unlike tiny Oliver, who he noticed seemed pretty angry about something.

The demon's look to Charlie is what led the elf to her side though, sliding over after her question and giving her a little playful nudge. He was very glad that he had the time to dress properly today and not be seeing her in pajamas again. Additionally, he held up the extra pair of sunglasses with a wink and slid them on her carefully. They were the same color as the ones Asher was wearing at the moment, though a bit of darker lenses as he made sure the pair he was gifting would work best against his glows.

"Easy problem fix~" He hummed quietly, holding back the want to start up major conversations again since she had asked a question. But he'd been carrying those glasses all morning he just had to give them right away cause it had made him so happy.

Sun Xifeng

Fureriana.full.713996.jpg

Tags: Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 beeswaxie beeswaxie GrieveWriter GrieveWriter jinxxes jinxxes EldridSmith EldridSmith

"yeah your wearing it perfectly you look fabulous in that XI sweetie ya don't gotta be worried about it" Those were the words given to Xifeng on the outfit, which she felt was unbearable, it was hard for her to even think that this was something girls wear, with so much exposed, wouldn't they get cold quickly? Though her discomfort was still lingering in her throat, feeling nearly suffocating along with the shiver that was in her chest. Though Arlosk took note of this as Xifeng had sent a glance her way, placing a warm hand over the shoulder of the avian-woman, speaking no longer in the flirtatious voice she normally had, and instead taking a more kind and even sisterly tone, "hey Xi, I can see your not comfortable sure maybe, I rushed ya into the outfit and its a little out of your comfort zone but a lot of things around here are it seems, so why not just give it a little chance? You look amazing in that, no need to be embarrassed by it at all. So come one what do you say willing to give it a chance, okay? Don't worry, I'll be right here with ya" Those words, while kind, lost their effect the moment Charlie spoke, her voice coming in clear, and concise, with a tone that suggested anger.

“Okay I’m done with this, out!” Tucking her wings to her body tighter, Xifeng looked to the now aggravated Jiangshi, who seemed more angry the jacket was ripped up. Without thinking more on it, Xifeng grabbed her Ruqun and soon left the room posthaste, fleeing so far back into her room without realizing she hadn't changed out of the clothes that were Charlie's. Taking them off was much easier than putting them on, mostly. First the Skirt came off, then the shirt, being especially careful not to rip anything, or cause any other damages. Next, came putting on her normal clothes, as a montage of the events that could have led to Charlie's anger flashed through her mind. Was it something Xifeng did? Was she that obtuse in those garments that it offended the more modern (In our terms) Jiangshi? Or was it something else...? She knew Charlie was uncomfortable with Xifeng, thanks entirely to her fire, but to snap like that? What had she done wrong?

While tying her sash, the same intrusive voice came into Xifeng's mind again, this time not as aggressively invasive, though still loud as ever, "Hello students! I hope your all having a lovely day and enjoyed your time off, but I, unfortunately, must tell you that it is now time for class. Don't worry I'm sure it will be far more fun then miss Ariel's class so please make your way to the lounge and wait for further instructions" Gods someone please teach that man the lesson of privacy... At least knock first. But his point was made, a temporary distraction for Xifeng, classes. Stepping out into the lounge, Xifeng was greeted by a familiar scent, that of a forge, looking around, she noticed a small man, no more than four or so feet in height, and had an interesting name, Ferron. Definitely not something Xifeng would have heard in her home. As he spoke, he mentioned two trades Xifeng knew of, but not a lot about, Blacksmithing and runesmithing, something known quite well in Xifeng's home, the later was very uncommon and often were just charms and the like for good fortunes and all, the prior, Zhongguo had known since before the two-hundred--fifty-two years of war. As he asked for questions, Xifeng raised her taloned hand, her black talons extending to the sky,

"Are we learning the history of these trades too? Or just the methods and tools of the trade?" An honest question, as Xifeng had no want to learn how to make the things that had killed hundreds if not thousands of her people, but would love to learn of the practitioners, and the skills they had not only to make the instruments of death, but to make the amazing works from thousands of years ago, "If the later, I can assist with the fires of the forge, if necessary... As I am no good at blacksmithing." While Xifeng was still concerned of the discomfort she had earlier, there was one thing she knew comforted her, the warmth of a fire, heat was always a way she comforted herself.

Nerium Oleandra Birchfall

Nerium glanced around the room at the forge, concerned.

"As long as I don't get set on fire."

The tree girl was rightfully worried, she was made of plants after all. And she had never enchanted anything, most of her magic was plant summoning. Not really other magic. This really wasn't a place for her, everything was dangerous. Runesmithing could be interesting though.

Nerium summoned a few flowers that appeared to be made of razor sharp metal. When the petals were melted in with metal, it makes the metal incredibly durable and sharp. A Smith's favorite: Razor Roses.

Nerium handed the bouquet of 5 or 6 flowers to Ferron, giving a small bow.

EldridSmith EldridSmith

20200520_135544.jpg

galeb-duhr.jpgBraxton was shocked when a giant spider-lady opened the door. He was used to squashing spiders, here the spider could crush him. “Wow, those are big spider legs,” he said, “My name is Braxton.” Not wanting to socialize with a giant insect, Braxton walked past her.

Suddenly a giant Octopus magically started talking to him, instructing to head to the lounge, wherever that was. Braxton was worrying if all of this was real, or if he hallucinating.

Eventually he found his way to the lounge, just in time to hear that they’d be headed to the forge. He had never used a sword before since his giant clay hands are strong enough. “I have a question, I don’t use swords, can I enchant my hands and what would enchanting them do?”

EldridSmith EldridSmith Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

1590009173790.png Ferron turned to Charlize upon hearing her question. "If your magic gear breaks and you're along who will fix it? And if you don't need what we're teaching then you should be working instead of in class." He says with a sharp retort before turning to Arlosk. "Excellent question! Since you're all adults I will let those of you able to work in the forge experience what it's like and decide for yourself what you will wear to class. Granted if you're wearing anything you consider important to you, I suggest you change into some clothes you don't mind getting dirty. As for you Xifeng, the answer is no for this class, there are far too many worlds for this school to cover history on, unless you can process 17 billion planets worth of history I would advise against it." He declares before taking the razor rozes. "Thank you Nerium, I was just about to order more. And for you Braxton, yes you especially will enjoy this class as you can use runes and enchantments on your body since it's a composite material. Any other questions?" He asks, waiting a minute before smiling. "Alright then let's get to the forges! Nerium and Caspian don't worry I'll get you started on enchanting." He says leading them to the classroom, on the way he talks to Nolganna. "Would you be willing to cover a few basics while I get the other two started on enchanting? It won't be for long, just enough to get them started."
jinxxes jinxxes GrieveWriter GrieveWriter beeswaxie beeswaxie Ace Cream Ace Cream Superfly47 Superfly47 Mera Mera Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 YungJazz YungJazz Corvid15 Corvid15 Mineczka Mineczka

Last edited:
Telith
interaction: Corvid15 Corvid15
Things had gone ok at least in Telith mind.. though how much of that held true of everyone else at the table was.. up for debate luckily Telith was in the lounge already so he’d not exactly have to move much he would have asked a question however he’d not really gotten enough time too as the confidence Brought about by the tea had all but faded. He‘d just quietly follow everyone else though he’d make a bit of a detour to talk to nerium as she was concerned about getting set on fire “hey..l I wouldn’t worry about... buring I’m sure... the school.. understands it.. they probably have something to stop it... err think there some fire resist lotions or something out there... you will probably get some” he‘d try to sound reassuring but the stuttering of Telith voice just made it sound.. worse.

Caspian Varuna Xiloscient

They all had been summoned for the afternoon class, smithing. Thankfully for the fish, he could enchant well, so he didn't dry up. Back in human form, Caspian was surprised. Almost every space in this school was wide enough for his wheelchair. Must be part of the school's magic. No student left behind.

"I've enchanted before. Family of sea shamans, or sea witches as you land folk call us. My sister is more of the enchanter and runesmith than I am. I'm still good though. Helped enchant my wheelchair."

At least he wouldn't be penalized for not forging. Enchanting again would be nice, he hasn't done it in a while. Last time was when he was helping Della to enchant fishing nets so they wouldn't catch the wrong fish. So no dolphins or endangered creatures would be harmed.

Caspian smiled at Nerium. She was the one that gave him wasabi the other day. She seemed cool. Another elemental friend. And this clay person seemed interesting too.

Superfly47 Superfly47 (mention)

"Oh, whenever you need more, just ask. No problem. And Telith, I'll be okay. I just stay away from the flames. And thanks again for the figurine."

Well, she had never tried enchanting before. But it should be fun. Maybe she could enchant in plant poisons, or plant summoning spells. That could be cool. Oh, there's a new person made of.. clay? Well, thats nice. Nerium turned to Braxton, giving a smile.

"Lovely to meet you. Im Nerium Oleandra Birchfall."

Superfly47 Superfly47 EldridSmith EldridSmith Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Nolganna Bethernaught...241422414232131.jpg
Nolganna looked around after the dark boy's unexpected arrival, seeing that the mood had been sufficiently derailed. Xi looked uncomfortable, Charles looked angry, and Arlosk was struggling to solve the rapidly devolving gathering. Of course, the source of the sudden discomfort had to be Nolganna. Sighing, she went to follow Xi's example and began picking off the tattered pieces of Jacket when a voice interrupted her downward spiral of thoughts.

It was the starving dark guy, and within a second of speaking he quickly plucked the tattered jacket from Nolganna. She wasn't too fast in considering whether she should try to stop him. On one hand she wanted to return what was left of the jacket to its rightful owner, but on the other hand she was pretty sure he worked here so she wasn't sure if interrupting him was strictly allowed. Before she could think on the matter for too long, her confusion turned to surprise upon noting that he was putting the jacket back together.

In fact, by the time he passed it back to her almost seemed like an entirely different jacket. Looking it over, Nolganna found herself far more impressed with it than she was with its original form, something she wouldn't be admitting to Charles any time soon for fear of coming across unappreciative. But before she could thank him, Charles started angrily coercing them out. Knowing that she didn't want to cause anymore trouble, Nolganna automatically made her way out before she could ruin anything else. She wasn't even sure if Charles had noticed that the jacket was repaired, but she wasn't willing to risk pausing to bring attention to it.

Instead, she wound up back outside of the dorms, and only after sighing in relief that the ordeal was over did she realize that she still had the newly improved jacket still in her arms. She was torn, she wanted to return it to its rightful owner, but Charles seemed so agitated with their Girls' Day out that Nolganna wasn't sure if the risk would be worth it. She wasn't given much chance to mull it over, either. Not soon after the unfortunate end to their get-together, she heard some inner announcement that they were all to gather immediately for the next class. Not wanting to be late, she quickly tied the jacket around her waist and made for the lounge room.

When she arrived with several of her classmates, she was relieved to hear from the man with clearly Dwarven heritage that they'd be learning about something that was somewhat more in her wheelhouse: Blacksmithing Runesmithing and enchanting. While Blacksmithing was her clear aptitude, she knew several things about the other two that she hoped would help her keep up when they got to them. However, from the questions her classmates started asking it was clear that she probably had the highest affinity for the class out of all of them. Okay, finally there was something she wasn't definitely terrible at here. In fact, she actually knew the answers to several of the questions being raised. Wanting to display that she was't useless in this area, she began stepping forward and raising a hand only for something to wrap around it and yank her off balance.

Nolganna stumbled to catch herself, trying not to accidentally hit any of her nearby classmates by flailing too much. Thankfully, she caught herself on one knee before it could be too embarrassing, giving a breath of relief only to look up into multiple purple eyes looking her over with interest.

54453453131.jpg...and Zanma
"Oh me oh my, Miss Monocle!" Zanma exclaimed before leaning and running her eyes over the kneeling cyclops "A proposal already? I never knew your feelings were so... so damn passionate!"

"What..?" Nolganna looked herself over before shaking her head "No... I just got tripped up by something...honest"

Her movements gave Zanma a clear view of the large jacket wrapped around her waist, something she zeroed in on with perfect quickness "Now hold up, hold up, baby." she raised a hand to her face "What is that? I never knew you for the fashionable type!"

Following her multi-gaze, Nolganna's hand went down to the jacket only for her eye to widen in realization before she gave an embarrassed smile, "Oh... this isn't mine... Charles gave it to me during the... the Girl's Day out she set up with the Red Horned one... and that dark hungry guy made it my... ya know... size."

"Aw! You guys had a day out without moi?" Zanma shook her head before wagging a finger "And here I was trying my hardest to make good impressions. Tell me just who you guys were inviting if not lil' ol' me?"

Not noticing the way Zanma's eyes narrowed with interest, Nolganna hummed to herself as she scratched at her cheek, "Besides the ones who set it up? Uhhh... pretty sure it was just Xi-Xi and I..." she was silent for a moment before lowering her hand and snapping a finger, "Oh... there was Charles' dark roommate with the red eyes, but I don't think he wanted to join us... seemed busy with all those books he was carryin'..."

Zanma's grin widened at that, "Really now? Well ain't you perceptive for someone with Mono-vision like that?" tapping a finger to her lips in humored thought, Zanma mulled it over for a moment before turning back to Nolganna and taking hold of her face "Thank ya, beau!" she said before leaning in and pressing her lips to the side of Nolganna's face. The Cyclops leaned away in confusion, not really understanding if that was just a weird form of greeting or not, but Zanma hopped back and began following the rest of their classmates with gleeful skips before she could question her on it.

Wait a minute...

Realizing that the rest of her classmates were moving already prompted Nolganna to scramble to her feet and hurry to not be left behind. Only once she caught up did she slow down, her long legs managing to keep her from trailing despite her lumbering gait. Only once she didn't have to worry about getting left behind and lost in the massive school did she reach up to wipe the side of her face clean, not exactly sure if trying to clean the spot Zanma had pressed her lips was like... culturally insensitive or not.

It was during this time that their Teacher, Nolganna was pretty sure she remembered his name as Ferron or something, approached her asking that she go over the basics while he was busy teaching other students about Enchanting. Zanma's unexpected questioning had left her unable to prove herself while everyone else was asking questions, but now here another opportunity was being offered right up to her.

Straightening out, she nodded to Ferron as they reached the classroom, "Just the basics? Well... you got it, Teach. I'll do... I'll try my best."

b78191fffd6db3be06291feb778c0dcf.png
Entering the classroom, Nolganna was impressed to find that it resembled a regular Blacksmith's... just, a lot of them in one room. There must've been some kinda space magic wonky stuff going, because the room didn't seem too big from the outside, but inside there were enough Anvil&Forge combo stations for several Blacksmiths to work at once. Approaching the nearest one, Nolganna kneeled beside the anvil and ran her hands over it, inspecting it for a moment before looking over the Forge in a similar manner.

Once her inspection was complete, she turned back to her assembled classmates and coughed into one hand before lowering her gaze and speaking up, "Okay so... I was asked to give you all a rundown of the basics in case some of you weren't exactly familiar with Blacksmith work so... that's just what I'm gonna... do..."

She went silent for a moment, rubbing at the back of her neck as she examined the tools set up near the station she was at. During this period of silence, a voice called out through the crowd.

"Ya doing great hon!" Zanma's unmistakable overly-enthusiastic voice sounded loud with glee "Go and show us how it's done you honey-glazed beefcake of a woman!"

Shrugging, Nolganna kneeled beside the Anvil and patted it "Okay well... since we're dealing with basics I won't have to worry about teaching ya about the real technical stuff."

Raising her other hand, she lifted four fingers, "Stages o' Blacksmithing can be boiled down to Heating, Holding, Hitting and Shaping. Ya need some specific temperatures for each different metal or alloy ya want your thing made of, especially if we're talking about those rare alloys which may even require enchanted furnaces to get malleable. Gotta be careful with those in the holding stage because regular tongs, vices, and clamps won't be enough to hold them steady during the Hitting process."

As she spoke up, she lit the forge up and took hold of a slab of metal nearby before looking it over.

Without missing a single beat, she pulled the shaft of her Hammer from the hook on her belt and the head of it expanded to its full size as she hefted it in both arms. Lifting the head up to look it over, she hummed to herself for a few seconds before shrugging and continuing her spiel, "You'll need all kinds of hammers depending on what you want done, most specialize for certain pieces or parts of the work."

"Now despite how it might sound... the hitting process is probably one o' the more delicate stages. Ya want to hit with accuracy instead of force if ya want your piece coming out sturdy in the proper shape, otherwise it'll just come out all weird n' wonky and easily breakable, and that's no fun unless ya just want to practice your swings. Luckily we have all the help for shaping right here."

Lowering her hammer, she nodded to the anvil beside her, "These things are built specifically to make the job a lil' less difficult by controlling the rebound on your hammer during each strike, and most tend to have other tools built into them for other uses but I'm sure teach'll get on that later so let's just get on to Shaping."

Now leaning against her hammer, she raised three fingers "I guess we could simplify Shaping into the three fundamental forces: Drawing Out, Upsetting and Peining. Now Drawing Out is when you extend a piece by hitting it on its sides, gotta be careful that ya don't make it too thin in one area or it'll break easy. But if ya got the metal to work with and steady strikes-"

Zanma was impressed, the Cyclops had spoken more in this one lesson than she had throughout the entirety since their arrival. Somehow during the process she'd even lost that stumbling method of speaking, the words flowing from her lips far more easily than they had before. As she spoke, she even started automatically heating up a piece of metal to work on. About halfway through her explanation on the fundamentals of Shaping she pulled out the glowing metal with a pair of tongs before hefting her hammer. The head of the hammer shrank somewhat to more match the piece it was being used on. Soon she was showing an example of the shaping methods whilst using them.

While Zanma wasn't one for crafting in this method, she did know a little bit of the smithing arts. Even with that fact, she began taking mental notes as Nolganna's run down of Blacksmithing continued. Not so much on the lesson at hand, and moreso on the reactions of those the lesson was being aimed towards.

1585279326196.png Evren was NOT happy, he had found a few... ingredients for spicing things up with Arlosk when he was told he had to do BLACKSMITHING. He HATED the heat and being forcefully subjected to it irritated the ice out of him. He immediately clung to Arlosk in the lobby to try and calm himself down but it didn't help much. "For the love of everything holy there has to be a cold method for this or I'll flip my shit." He confides to Arlosk. His frown deepening as soon as he felt the wave of heat in the room hit him. He angrily began dropping the temperature around himself to try and equalize it to something tolerable. The cyclops girl was good at explaining the basics despite his hatred for the heat he listened and watched as the teacher talked to the two kids who got passes... lucky bastards.
Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 (Mentioned: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter )

1584685550542.png While Nolganna did an excellent job at teaching class in his stead, Ferron pulled Nerium and Caspian aside. "Now you're not fully excused from forging. I'm going to teach you how to protect yourselves from the heat today and by the next time we have class I need you to have mastered it, so this is homework. If you're having trouble I'll gladly help along with any other teacher here. Now how much personal experience do you have with enchantment?"
Corvid15 Corvid15

DAWN

"I have no prior experience in enchanting." Dawn chimed in between Mr. Ferron and the two students. While Nolganna's explanation was by no means lacking, ever since the teacher explained about runesmithing and enchanting she already set those two subjects as her main interest for this class. So she just followed the teacher despite Ferron only addressed Caspian and Nerium. Before, she didn't know the reason of why Mr. Ferron exclude those two from the rest but now she knows the reason, at least for Nerium. She still didn't know Caspian's reason though, she didn't think using a wheel chair makes one more prone to heat.

"Heat protection sounds interesting for my first enchantment."

EldridSmith EldridSmith Corvid15 Corvid15

galeb-duhr.jpg

The creatures at this school were a very odd set. Braxton had expected everyone would look similar, all variation of clay people. Earlier he met a giant spider and now he is talking to a tree, “Nice to meet you Nerium. I am Braxton. Is the reason your last name is Birchfall is because your family is descended from birch trees?”

Ferron left the class and a giant one-eyed lady started to teach. She looked about the same age as other students, so Braxton figured she must be really smart to be a professor at such a young age. Braxton didn’t find the specifics of crafting to be very difficult. While he didn’t think he needed a sword, a giant hammer could come in handy back home when forming mud homes.

Braxton raised a hand to ask a question, “Professor Cyclops, if I want to make a big hammer instead of sword, can I?”

GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Corvid15 Corvid15

pink girl.PNGAria eventually made it to class. While Aria wasn’t excited about forging, she figured it couldn’t be worse than Ariel’s class. Ferron seemed nice, he did look like a miniature Ragnar. Dawn was in class, so Aria went up and gave her a hug, saying “Hi, I feel like I haven’t seen you in forever.” After getting settled, Aria said, “Heat protection would be pretty cool, I just hope I don’t accidentally get part of my dress on fire, that would not be good.”

Ace Cream Ace Cream

Telith
interaction: GrieveWriter GrieveWriter
Telith was dumbfounded by Nolganna’s explanation on how to make a weapon it sounded very complicated but he trusted that she knew what she was talking about... she seemed to speak like that anyway just all the hammering and the mixing of the metals, as well as the heating, just made the whole idea of blacksmith terrifying so much could go wrong.... and well if it did no doubt you would draw way too much-unwanted attention to yourself.. and Telith wasn’t exactly that confident, to begin with. then the idea struck him why threat about making something with all those things that he had no clue about how to do when he could just.. make one in a less traditional way. looking around for a second then back to the anvil then back to Nolganna, like a few times before Telith raised his clawed hands up the multicoloured energy following off them and onto the avail making some vague shape after a while of more drastic hand movement form telith the energy slowly but surely it would form into a sword, that wasn't great nor bad it was unsettlingly average, PERFECTLY average. “Umm... so... does this work?... err..” teluth would ask somewhat sheepishly while raising his hand

Name, Age:
Thalia Blackthorn, 19

Race, Role:
Human (witch), Student
Gender, Sexuality:
Female, Hetero

Abilities:
Divination (very little), Spellcasting, Necromancy, Creation of Potions & Elixirs

With: Ferron & Ragnar ( EldridSmith EldridSmith )
Mood: Focused

As students either surrounded the teacher or went to their own smithing stations, Thalia decided that she would put her own knowledge to work. Sure, she wasn’t the greatest blacksmith, but Grimalkin had taught her enough to know how to make a sharp blade. Eyeing the materials that were given to the students to work with, Thalia knew to avoid iron as it would make her magic weakened. It was what witch hunters would use in her home town to capture them and bury them with. If they lined a 6-foot hole with iron and salt, it could keep a witch in forever. While iron was a typical go-to metal for building knives, the witch wanted to find a material that was just as hardy. As her eyes wandered, she began to think of non-ferrous metals that would work, but she wasn’t entirely sure. Sure, she knew what metals had iron, but what ones didn’t? She had no idea.

Finally, she came up to a crate that was labeled as ‘Titanium’. Carefully picking up a bar of the metal, the witch proudly took notice that it held no effect on her. Perfect. The witch then went on to melting the titanium bricks. This was quite a tedious task, as it took a while for titanium to melt and become a liquid substance that she could work with. It was during this wait that she let her eyes wander about the room. Her eyes caught the large silhouette of Ragnar, who often stood out in a crowd as he was taller than most. Thalia found herself thinking about how great of a friend the half-giant was when she suddenly remembered that she was dealing with hot liquids. Tearing her gaze away from him, she turned her complete attention back to the task at hand.

The rest of the work was fairly easy, although Thalia felt as though she was forgetting some steps. Her Gran would probably be laughing at the young witch, telling her she didn’t need to be perfect at everything. Bless her Gran, she always found a positive in any situation. It wasn’t long before Thalia was waiting for her not-so-straight blade to cool down. It wasn’t perfect and had a few dents, but this was the first time the witch had attempted to craft a weapon without Grimalkin and her Mam watching over her shoulder. Proudly, Thalia decided to wait until the teacher was not with a student before calling him over to see her weapon.

Name, Age:
Charlize Graves, 18

Race, Role:
Vampire, Student
Gender, Sexuality:
Female, Pan

Abilities
unnatural strength, speed, senses, and healing. doesn’t need to sleep, immortality, and telepathy

With: Ferron, Asher ( EldridSmith EldridSmith & jinxxes jinxxes )
Mood: Delighted

Charlie rolled her eyes at the teacher’s sharp comeback. In what situation would she need to use magic gear? Suddenly she was nudged by the boy who could light up a room with his smile, literally. He had slyly slid over a pair of sunglasses, which Charlie raised an eyebrow at with an impressed grin. Holding them up, she studied them carefully, as if deeming whether or not they would be worthy of her presence (They were of course.) She gave him another look before sliding them over her eyes and then gave Asher a grin.
“I don’t normally wear protection, but these are pretty neat. Thanks, dude.”

She commented, her voice filled with approval. The darkened lenses had actually made looking around the room less of a headache, as there were heaps of molten lava for melting down metals and whatnot. Thinking about how well the sunglasses looked on her, the vampire suddenly knew what she was going to make. She could make some sort of protective jewelry. That would probably be good enough for the class, right? This magnificent idea was all due to Asher thinking about her and giving her something. It warmed her heart.

Charlie looked Asher up and down as if checking him out. Well, she was checking him out, as she had done the first time she had seen him. He was still as attractive in normal clothing as he was in pajamas.

“So what are you going to make?”
She asked him, nudging him back and playing with the ends of her ponytail. It was something she had always done subconsciously-- although Charlie was sure everyone with hair had subconsciously played with their hair. Why else was it so long?
“I wonder if we could work as a team?”
She suggested suddenly, not wanting to part from her blonde friend just yet. Despite only meeting the day before, Charlie could feel herself gravitating towards Asher as his bubbly personality attracted and intertwined with hers well. Besides, she hadn’t any sort of interaction like this in years and she was craving it like a drug. Her eyes wandered over to the teacher and she suddenly found herself regretting that she had spoken up. Whatever, she would work with her golden boy one way or another anyways.

Name, Age:
Asher Quinn, 19

Race, Role:
Elf/Light Elemental, Student
Gender, Sexuality:
Male, Pansexual

Abilities:
Light Absorption and Manipulation

Mood: Excited

Asher lips became a tight line as he fought a visible reaction to that 'protection' comment she made. He couldnt tell if that innuendo had been on ourpose or accident but he had to choose to slide around it to not die in the middle of class. Did not need to be getting those types of ideas right now. Yet her gaze over his body at least kept a bit of redness to his cheeks as he continued with normal discussion.

"I'm not too sure~" He started, not seeming worried about that at all though. "Would be cool to maybe get a good sword going and get some enchantments on it~" despite being so sweet he did love a good fight, the pride of making his own sword would only fuel him further to boast. Charlie did miss out on asher getting flung around by ragnar, because he was so eager to fight.

Though no matter what he was making, Charlie suggesting possibly working together made him light up a bit. He wasnt nervous about letting it out as charlie had her new sunglasses on in protection. "I dont see why we couldn't, its all a learning experience!" interlocking his arm with hers as Nolganna led them for her substitute lesson on the basics. Even with watching he didnt release his hold of Charlie yet, just enjoying the closeness of his smithing buddy.

It seemed pretty simple in nature as he listened to the Cyclops speak, though mastering it would be the difficult part. But Asher loved a good challenge.

Sun Xifeng
Fureriana.full.713996.jpg

Tags: EldridSmith EldridSmith (Ferron, Interact), GrieveWriter GrieveWriter Corvid15 Corvid15 (Mentions)

Oh. They were not learning of-- wait, seventeen-BILLION? Is that how many universes there were? Xifeng's mind raced for a moment, as the realization set in, she was no more a grain of rice within a much larger field. That thought was put aside though, as the learning of how to work metal and runes came first, walking with her class, Xifeng steadied her thoughts, and calmed her breathing, she was to aid in the forges, with the fires of Zhongguo to aid those whom seek to form the element of metal into their desire.

Entering the smithy, Xifeng watched Nolganna step up, speaking from experience of the smithy process, which Xifeng still had an idea of, though not in the great detail that was shown by Nolganna, who explained the basics of each tool. In the meantime, Xifeng noticed the new person, Caspian, and Nerium were taken aside for heat resistance training of sorts. Xifeng wanted to help, and she had an idea. Stepping forward again, she approached Ferron, speaking in a gentle tone, hoping she didn't come off as a slacker of sorts, but heat was something she knew all too well, being of fire and all,

"U-um, Laoshī Ferron?" She would ask, ra her hand to about head height for her, "M-Might I ask to aid those who are susceptible to the heat? A-as a Fenghuang, I am often seen with fire..." Her words trailed off again... Translating to this language was hard, and Xifeng knew that all too well, though that did not stop her, "There are techniques from home I could teach, which could help, along with having full control of the heats I produce. Which would make it much safer for me to help in that endeavor." Finishing that thought, Xifeng would wait for the response from Ferron.

In the meantime, the fire bird took another breath, Yahui's teachings were going to leave Zhongguo, and take flight in a new world, or at least that was what would happen should Xifeng be given the task. Otherwise, she would simply be the fires of the forge,likely teaming up with Nolganna once again. A blacksmith and Fenghuang, that would definitely be interesting, as Nolganna would have quite the easy time not having to maintain the fire. Though, that thought crept away, as a tickle came through her nose, likely some of the soot that often lingered in the air, "A-ah-Tzi!" With a squeaking sound, a small burst of fire emerged from Xifeng, who shuttered away from everyone else due to this explosive action, gods she hated sneezing....

1584685550542.png Ferron turned to Xifeng and smiled at her. "I appreciate the offer but they need to learn on their own how to handle the heat as they won't always have a crutch to use." He says with a smile before hearing her offer to teach causing him to frown slightly. "While I know you mean well some teachers will get upset if you try to teach over them. Do keep in mind we have more knowledge and experience with magic than you students, the more prideful teachers don't take well to that. Anyways it's best you get started. " He says before returning to the two susceptible to heat and teaching them the enchantment to do so. He soon returns to the class "Thank you for the assistance Nolganna." He says before looking out to the students, some already forging or at least trying to. "Ah please pair off as you wish, it's a safety precaution until you reach the ability to create common items." He says began remembering they haven't been taught the tier system yet... ah next lesson they should just enjoy themselves today. He turns to Telith who materialized a sword. "That is indeed a method if crafting however by doing that it becomes incompatible with runes and enchantments until the residual energy is gone, and the stronger the magic and the bigger the item the longer it takes. The reason for this is that the energy inside the item isn't stable and causes runes and enchantments to fail due to energy fluctuation." He says with a smile before turning to Thalia. "Ah you're not supposed to melt the metal, that's for second year magical fabrication for more complex crafting. Hmmm you seem weak to metals. Well luckily for you I can teach you how to overcome that weakness if you're interested. Ah well for now please try hand forging." He says before noticing her looking at Ragnar. "Perhaps you should partner up with him for now since he looks strong enough to assist you with the rough forging." He says with a smile.
jinxxes jinxxes GrieveWriter GrieveWriter beeswaxie beeswaxie Ace Cream Ace Cream Superfly47 Superfly47 Mera Mera Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 YungJazz YungJazz Corvid15 Corvid15 Mineczka Mineczka

Last edited:
Caspian Varuna Xiloscient &

"We should practice the enchantment together, that was if we make mistakes, we can correct eachother."

"Perfect."

Nerium and Caspian went over the enchantment, practicing. Mostly it was Caspian helping Nerium. Caspian had done this kind of enchantment before, sort of. It was for sun protection, more against evaporation than the heat itself. And fire retardent charms weren't all that hard.

Slowly, the room was becoming more and more tolerable. Sure, Nerium was still worried about her plants. If she created something, would it catch on fire or retain her fire resistance? Would Atropa be okay? For Caspain, it was still dry in the room, but it wasn't too bad.

"Can you create a couple flowers, just to test?"

Nerium created two roses, and they each enchanted one to test their skills. Caspain held them near the forge. They both worked well, not perfect, but it worked very well indeed.

1586403599223.png

Arlosk
interaction: EldridSmith EldridSmith
Arlosk would end up being assaulted by Evren clinging to her she'd, of course, hug him back gently stroking his hair as he complained about the heat prompting Arlosk to frown, tail slowly wrapping around Evren as she did so "awww Evren sweetie I don't know what to tell you but I don't think there is a cold way... hmmm maybe you could try not wearing a shirt that might help?" Arlosk would offer some advice her tone being genuine on the shirt part, after all, it was the easiest way to cool off was just to wear less clothing. Ferron would then inform them that they would need to pair off Arlosk smiling "well sweetie i think i already know who I'm paired with" she'd say with a bit of a giggle she'd then look back at Ferron raising one hand "excuse me mister Ferron buut Evren here is noooot the best with heat part ice elemental sooo if there any chance we could maaaybe just work with enchanting? and get something to deal with the heat a little please" she'd ask in her usual sweet honeyed tone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back