• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.
OOC
Here
Characters
Here
Lore
Here
1584685550542.png Ferron turned to the flirty pair he met at the party and frowned. "I can teach him a heat resisting rune but his medical charts show he should be fine for this exercise. Aside he can work on cold forging which specific subzero worlds rely on if he wants to get one of his main degrees in crafting. Cold forgers are a highly sought after group. Anyways he's going to be fine."
Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

1587438778580.png Ragnar closely watched Nolganna's demonstration and listened to her explanation. He got a rough enough idea on how to start and he grabbed a chunk of steel and tossed it in the forge before pulling it out when it began to glow white. He slammed it in the anvil holding it still with a pair of tongs as he used brute force to draw out the metal. Ragnar had already drawn out the length of a crude sword when he heard that they should pair up. He immediately looked for Thalia but noticed she was busy with the teacher so he patiently waited for them to finish.
beeswaxie beeswaxie

1585279326196.pngnEvren enjoyed the brief respite Arlosk gave him from the overwhelming heat when she cuddled him and stroked his hair. He sighed dejectedly as she doubted the existence of a cold method for this and suggested he take his shirt off... sure why not. "You sure you can hold yourself back dear?" He teases as he rips his shirt off to reveal his bare chest, the abs quite toned from his many sessions with Arlosk. He was glad to hear they were in pairs but somewhat embarrassed when Arlosk asked for him. "I'll be fine... just going to need to use a good deal of mana for this." He says before hearing about cold forging. "Can I start that now instead??" *he says before Ferron shakes his head causing Evren to sigh.* "Alright... well let's get started dear."

DAWN

Dawn hugged Aria back and hold the elf's hands. "Come join this heat protection thingy."

Dawn observed intensely when Mr. Ferron teached them the enchantment and observed intensely again when Caspian tried to teach Nerium a heat enchantment that was a bit different than the one teached by Mr. Ferron. Observation was the basis of understanding and Dawn compared what she observed with the materials written inside her flying book.

Speaking of flying book, Morrigan pretty much avoided the forge so the book became perfect enchantment subject for Dawn. Dawn's method of enchantment was a mixture of Mr. Ferron pure heat enchantment while trying to mimic Caspian's charm-making, because she didn't want to cast it on herself for the first try. The result was her flying book turned into a portable heat-repellant. As if it was surrounded by invisible fans that keep blowing some of the heat away. It's not perfect, but not bad for her first try.

"Yes, my first magic cas-" Dawn's celebration was cut off when blood started dripping from her nose. At first it was just some drips but it soon turned into a considerable stream of blood.

She immediately rushed towards the restroom, leaving a trail of blood on the floor. Morrigan followed suit. Inside, Dawn washed her face and plugged her nose with tissues. "Damned by Pollux's asshole." She cursed at her situation.

The nosebleed was what Dawn call at her homeworld as an overload, a phenomenon that occured when a psionic use their ability more than they can handle. In this case, Dawn suspected that she was so very not used to casting magic that she literally hit her limit after that one enchantment. Makes sense for her when she considered that Titania was blocked from the rest of the world until a few years ago.

Superfly47 Superfly47 Corvid15 Corvid15 EldridSmith EldridSmith

pink girl.PNGAria eagerly joined Dawn with the heat protection thingy. “I’m glad I am friends with someone who is good with this type of thing.” The flying book caught her attention, “Wow, this is cool, where did you find a flying book?" Then Aria got to work, for her first enchantment she wanted to see if she could make her hands glow in the dark. Once she finished, she realized she wouldn’t know if it worked until it became dark.

Aria knew she should ask Ferron if she could turn the lights off, but he was busy talking to Evren. Aria was too excited to wait so she just went and turned the classroom lights off. The class went dark and Aria jumped with excitement upon seeing that her hands now glowed bright pink “So Cool!”, she said. Aria looked for her classmate’s reaction, but it was too dark to really see. Aria turned the lights back on and sheepishly said, “Sorry.”

Going back to Dawn, Aria said, “I hope I don’t get into trouble for turning the lights off, I really wanted to see if my hands would glow, and they did!” Dawn had created her own enchantment, causing her flying book to become a flying heat-repellent. As Dawn started to celebrate, Aria joined her with a hug, “I’m so proud of you.” Suddenly Dawn stopped as blood started to fall out of nose. Aria followed Dawn to the washroom and helped with the tissues to stop the bleeding. “Are you okay?” Aria said as she hugged her friend.

Ace Cream Ace Cream EldridSmith EldridSmith

1591218534965.png Ferron turned in time to witness Dawn trying to mix two different methods together and sighed upon seeing her nose bleed. He messaged the nurse that they would be needed before sending a message to Dawn telepathically. "You're not experienced enough to try mixing together spells and charms, you don't have the knowledge for it and it often ends up leading to this. For now please stick to what you're taught, you're going to meet Mr. Salamancer soon enough, he can teach you about how that works.
Superfly47 Superfly47 Ace Cream Ace Cream

DAWN

"Don't worry Aria. I am fine." Dawn tried to reassure Aria and smiled at her. Though she looks rather rudiculous with that many tissues on her nose.

"Let's just go back to the class. I will refrain from spellcasting for the rest of the day." Dawn and Aria joined the rest of the students. Dawn observed the works of other students. Now that enchanting and runesmithing were out of her option for the rest of the day, she wanted to try smithing.

Stationed herself in front of a forge, Dawn threw several lumps of iron and then start hitting it with some hammers when it turned red. With telekinesis she was able to do the job from afar. She followed the steps teached by Nolganna but she just hit the metal randomly. The result was something akin like a burned turd made of crude iron. Dawn frowned at the result.

"Urgh. Aria, do you have forging experience?"

EldridSmith EldridSmith Superfly47 Superfly47

1591334628968.png
Telith
interaction: Mineczka Mineczka
Telith eyes would shift to a soft dark blue shade when Ferron informed him that the sword he’d made wasn’t good enough it was disappointing but it was to be expected no cheat... they were told to pair up with someone while he was going to go with asher he could see that he’d already decided to pair up with vampire girl. Leaving Telith at a lose on who he could go with... at least anyone that he would be ok with..Maybe Nolganna’s.. no he though shaking his head he’d be embarrassingly incompetent compared to her.. he’d sigh again wondering if he might as well cut his loses and work alone that might be easier... eyes shifting to orange colour when he realised that maybe that... Xifeng girl.. would be ok? shed talk to Telith before maybe she’d be ok if they partnered up? Taking a deep breath he’d slowly approach her eyes glowing bright orange as the air around Telith would begin to spark as his own anxiety built up “Umm.... errrr.... hey... umm.. remember me form.. yesterday right... was err wondering if.... maybe.... we could err... partner up... for class...” he’d ask softly stuttering constantly throughout his request hoping it would be received well.

pink girl.PNG“I’m just glad you’re okay Dawn.” Aria said as they walked back to class. “It’s fine if we can’t do more spellcasting. I already made my hands turn pink in the dark. See.” Aria extended her hands, forgetting her hands do not glow in the dark. “Oh, guess its too bright, but I’ll show you later when its dark.” Aria was very excited to show off her pink hands as they match her pink dress.

Aria began smithing, which involved hitting iron with a hammer over and over again. “Yuck,” she said, “this is going to take a lot of work.” Aria is not physically strong nor does she care for intense physical labor. “I don’t have any experience with this hammer pounding. There must be an easier way.” Aria rubbed her hand that was getting tired, “You have much experience?”

Ace Cream Ace Cream

1586403599223.png

Arlosk
interaction: EldridSmith EldridSmith
(sorry if its short wanted to get something out)​
"I'm sure I can handle myself, sweetie" Arlosk would say tapping Evren on the noise a cheeky grin on her face that quickly would turn to surprise when Ferron explained that there was such thing as a sub-zero forge "oh well that's unexpected buut definitely a welcome one, you know Evren sweetie should really keep your shirt off more often" she'd then respond cheekily "hmm~ soo lets get started then what ya thinking of starting with then?" she'd the ask

1585279326196.png Evren grins as Arlosk playfully boops him. "We'll see about that." He teases back before hearing there was cold forging, he smiled at that. "Cold is dam nwell just as good as fire." He says happily before hearing Arlosks comment. "Are you sure dear? Not worried about the other girls falling for me?" He playfully says with a smile. "Ah well something simple, maybe an ice pick or fire poker?"

DAWN

"Nope. In my place, only a very few still use hammer and anvil like this. We use machinery, and let the automatons do the labors." Dawn examined her mess of a work and threw it back into the blazing forge. She watched as the metal turns red from the heat.

"I think this knowledge will be useless for me. Still," Dawn's eyes lit up as she picked the heated piece of iron with telekinesis and placed it on the anvil. "I don't want to lose, at the very least not to myself. I will focusing myself to hold and position the metal. Aria, you handle the hammering. Hit it, just hit it. We're not going to make a sword, we're going to make something easier, a frying pan!"

Superfly47 Superfly47

pink girl.PNG“Great! Let’s have the automators do this and we can watch.” Aria was thrilled with the idea that someone else, anyone else, would do this for her. Aria didn’t care about losing, she already made her hands turn glow in the dark pink so it was a much more productive day than Ariel’s class.

Dawn first suggested the automatons, so Aria wasn’t sure why Dawn now wanted to do the work themselves. Since Dawn was Aria’s friend, Aria decided to do it even though she would prefer to just quit. “A frying pan would be more fun than a sword, I can keep bacon on a frying pan. What do you like to cook on a frying pan Dawn?”

After Aria began hammering, she figured out a good motivating strategy to keep going. “The key is to pretend the metal is Ariel’s face and I’m smashing it.

241422414232131.jpgNolganna Bethernaught ...and Zanma
"-is to not get upset if ya wind up breaking the blade. It sucks, but even a broken weapon can be reforged as long as ya got some metal left over." Nolganna continued while lifting a piece of heated metal in front of her with a pair of tongs. She was about to continue, when she noticed a hand getting raised. Her words trailed off as her eye tracked that hand down to some rock guy who started asking about if he could make himself a hammer. Nolganna blinked a few times before realizing that she'd been rambling. Completely missing the way he called her professor, she focused instead on the question he'd proposed.

"Oh... uh... yeah," she said while dunking the heated metal into a small barrel of water nearby "make what works for you..."

As steam puffed up from the barrel, Nolganna set aside her hammer and rooted around a bit before pulling out another piece of metal. Looking it over a bit, she set it onto the anvil before raising her own hammer.

"People can work with all kinds of weapons... some of them are harder to shape than others." she noted while looking over her hammer, her eye then looking back towards the rock guy "But a hammer's probably the easier types, as its less about cutting and more about impact distribution. With making a good hammer its more about using heat treatments to make whatever metal your using harder... but we can still make a good one whilst stickin' to the basics."

She paused to look over the metal before her before setting aside the now-cooled weapon she'd been working on and looking around her. The school's forge had plenty of stations to work with, and she'd already gone over the majority of the truest basics. She couldn't exactly dip a toe in the other fundamentals of Blacksmith work unless they all had the basics down, besides the teacher guy had only asked her to do that. Nolganna gave a confused hum as she thought for a moment, but it was then that she took note of a glowing light off to the side. Turning, she found the source of that light to be from one guy who was making a sword... just not in the manner she anticipated. When he showed it to her for examination, Nolganna's mouth immediately snapped shut.

"Uhhh..." her one eye locked onto the sword whilst she struggled not to just blurt out the first thing on her mind "Its... fine I guess... but..."

What this boy presented her had to be the most standard sword Nolganna had ever seen in her life. She couldn't even say it was like the mass-produced swords that she'd seen some rank and file soldiers wield, even those had specific styles from their creators that one could notice and appreciate. This... this thing before her was a different terror all together. But she'd made folks mad by explaining her views on their underwhelming weaponry before, something that she was fairly certain Mr. Ferron wouldn't appreciate.

There had to be something that she could say she liked! Focus!

Her eye narrowed, lip stretching tight as she stared hard at the sword, "Maybe... no no.... Uhm..." swallowing anxiously, she tilted her head with distress "It's... uh..."

Before she could potentially ruin the momentum her explanation had given her, Ferron returned and stated that they were to pair off and get to work. More importantly, he answered the Sword-Boy's question for her with professionalism that Nolganna was positive that she couldn't bring to the table. With him salvaging the situation for her, Nolganna was more than willing to sneak away back to her smithing station. Well, perhaps it would be better to say she attempted to sneak away as well as someone of her size and general sluggishness.

Sitting back down at her station, she released a sigh of relied before her eye wandered back to the tools on offer. Without even considering the idea of looking for a partner, Nolganna stuffed another bit of metal into the forge and readied her hammer whilst waiting for it to heat up. As far as she was concerned, her lesson was over and she could just do what came naturally. A Smithing station was her home no matter where it was, with resources and tools provided she pretty much had everything she needed to automatically get to it.
54453453131.jpg
But as she stared into the forge waiting for the metal inside, something dipped into the corner of her gaze. Her pupil slowly traveled over to the hair now hanging in front of her gaze, blinking in confusion right as an eye split open on that hair. Confused, Nolganna glanced to the side to see Zanma leaning her head over her shoulder.

"So what we working on now, partner?" she asked with a grin as she drummed a hand on the Cyclops' shoulder, Nolganna glanced behind her to find that Zanma was standing atop her anvil in order to do so.

Nolganna blinked extremely slowly before tilting her head, "... what?"

Zanma wrapped her arms around her head and pulled it against her chest, "Well its only natural that gals as close as us should pair up, right baby?" she cooed before looking to the ceiling and sighing "After all... we're practically sisters by now~"

"But..." Nolganna looked away as she let her gaze drift down to the Forge, unwilling to let herself get distracted from her work "the.. the teacher said partnering... it was... supposed to be for folks who can't... ya know, do the common stuff."

Zanma's face rubbed against hers, "Which is exactly why I'm goin' for the absolute bestest option there is~!" she practically sang before cooing as she pressed against the Cyclops harder "Come on, dearie. Just work that magic of yours and teach me how to be a productive little lady. Been a while since I've handled tools as hot and weighty as these."

(@ jinxxes jinxxes @ EldridSmith EldridSmith @ beeswaxie beeswaxie @ Ace Cream Ace Cream @ Superfly47 Superfly47 @ Mera Mera @ Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3 @ YungJazz YungJazz @ Corvid15 Corvid15 @ Mineczka Mineczka )

Dinner was a similar spread to much yesterday there was a lot of various meals from across the many planes. However Mr cult was also there for some reason. "Hello students after a certain incident today in the library... we have decided that we should... rush a certain... event as I would call it as it's procedure in such a event we shall be requesting your parents and or guardians to come to join us here in the next few days.. I'm sure considering how strange everything had been you would all appreciate it no?" He'd announce to everyone in his usual happy tone.

DAWN

"Patty, I want to cook patty on the frying pan!" Aria's and Dawn's hammering shone brightly as the metal finally took the shape they had been aiming for... A metallic bowl with a handle on it. The polishness of the pan was rather underwhelming but at this point Dawn didn't want to complaint about that. She drowned the pan in the cool water then spin it mid air.

"Wow. The edge of the pan looks very dangerous. You can chop meat and then fry it with the same utensil." Dawn chuckled at their finished product. After that Mr. Ferron told them to left their project and go for dinner.

Dawn sat and immediately gulped down two bottles of her melon soda. Smithing and enchanting really drain her even though the only thing she did was holding metal with her telekinesis and casted minor spell. She grabbed a Big Big Mac and wolfed it down. Mr. Cult's announcement almost made her choke though. Library incident? Parents gathering?

"Is it, uhh, mandatory?" Dawn raised her hand and asked the principal.

Superfly47 Superfly47 Huntertabbysandshark3 Huntertabbysandshark3

Last edited:
Mr cult
interaction: Ace Cream Ace Cream
Mr cult would turn his atteion to dawn in the eldrich entities usual happy demeanour “yes... it’s fairly mandatory... mostly because I miss-placed... and umm spilt coffee on the rest of this weeks schedule.. besides I’m sure some of you are a little homesick already...” he‘d answer akwardly to dawn before turning back to address everyone again “unless there are any other questions enjoy the rest of your day students”

pink girl.PNGAria was so excited at her and Dawn’s creation, “That’s so cool,” Aria said. After Dawn was done playing with it, Aria moved it around like it was a flying. When dinner was announced, Aria thought they could use the new fry pan. “We don’t get to use it? I wanna make food with our new toy.”

Looking up, Aria noticed that Dawn was leaving for dinner. Not wanting to get lost, Aria put the pan down and rushed after Dawn. “Thanks for helping me make that, I would be lost without you,” Aria said as she gave Dawn a quick hug.

Aria looked over all the food, not sure what to take. Then she saw a bowl of gummy worms, Aria almost dove across the table to grab them. She started to quickly eat them down when the Principle interrupted to announce that parents would be coming. Aria was stunned, she completely forgot about them. Aria worried about how her parents would react if they learned she got an F on her first assignment, Aria didn’t even know how to explain what that assignment was.
Ace Cream Ace Cream

galeb-duhr.jpgAfter having completed a giant hammer, Braxton had to resist the urge to test it out by whacking it against the classroom walls.

Upon arriving at lunch, Braxton looked over the table full of exotic foods and got angry. Lots of meats, fish, vegetables, fish, sandwich and more. Seemingly every type of food was there, except what Braxton ate, dirt. He began knocking food over in frustration. He grabbed vegetables, tossed them around expecting that dirt would be underneath the vegetables. He got mad when he discovered all the dirt was gone, “Where’s the dirt? Who took my dirt?” Braxton yelled.

When the principal announced that parents would be coming, Braxton thought it must be a reaction to his outburst. Was this a test? he wondered, to see how he would react to no food for him but lots of food for everyone else?

DAWN

Dawn winced at Mr. Cult's answer. As much as she miss her realm, having both of her parents come here would mean world war #47. They've divorced due to different... ideology, and Dawn learned that her father was a very busy man that he would likely not even be able to attend so it should be safe-ish, as long as her mother didn't try something weird. Dawn slumped back on her chair and continue eating her Mac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back