• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Koulwarth: The Initiation

(Wow, that was unexpected, but ok. Duly noted!)

I'm beginning to be more suspicious of the others. Let's walk with Meriel for now

Damn, I missed a very fascinating and important development in the story. If I had to guess, our relationship with mystery entity went down by at least 20 there, but it's probably in the negatives already so we aren't worrying about that too much.

I'm already looking at this thinking, "alright what's the most efficient way to get everyone's relationship up?" but of course we're going to be faced with decisions and interesting twists, and Ambrose (which is a 10/10 name) probably isn't that one popular kid everyone's friends with. Gotta do the best we can, though.

Anyway... yeah, let's walk with Meriel. For a lot of reasons. But I suspect Meriel's potential attitude will be a rather good result for us here.

Stats
Ambrose
Female Resident

Health: 90

Strength: 6
Agility: 6
Intelligence: 5
Charisma: 6

RELATIONSHIPS

Elmyra: 70

Meriel: 55

Laeroth: 45

Roran: 50

Viessa: 45

Aymer: 40

You join Meriel's stride, and she steals a side glance at you, head down. She says nothing to you, instead opting to wring her hands or play with her hair. She looks like she's contemplating, perhaps about starting a conversation with you.

You decide to:

Say hello.
Say nothing, and give her space.
Rest a hand on her shoulder comfortingly.
Ask her what she thinks about the place.
Tell her what you think about the place.

OOC
(A short one this time whoops ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R official clown business official clown business Yes, a bit unexpected indeed >:3c Also, yes, that mystery entity relationship bar! :'D The plot thickens!!!)
Voting ends Jan 16, 2018 at 9:00pm PST

:O

She will talk when she feels comfortable, I'm sure she will appreciate us giving her some space.

Stats
Ambrose
Female Resident

RELATIONSHIPS

Meriel: 50

You say nothing, with the intent to give Meriel some space. However, the further you traverse down the hall, the more she seems to draw away from you. She now actively avoids looking at you, face appearing as though she is concentrating, and perhaps hurt. You wonder if you gave off the impression that you didn't want to talk to her. -5 Relationship!

You immediately decide to:

Quickly say hello.
Start talking to someone else. This girl isn't worth the time.
Rest a hand on her shoulder comfortingly.
Ask her what she thinks about the place.
Tell her what you think about the place.

OOC
(Another short one because ~CONVERSATION~ Also jsyk ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R official clown business official clown business these next few days, posts will probably be short and/or delayed, since my play is this weekend and we're currently in tech week with 8 hour practices each day ^^; So tysm for your patience!!! <3)
Voting ends Jan 17, 2018 at 7:00am PST

(No problem, I totally understand, life comes first! Good luck on your play, break a leg!)

I think we should start things off by nonchalantly commenting on the place, bit awkward, but it will get the conversation started.

Oh man, I think we might've forgotten to drink the socially skilled ambrosia. Our relationships with a couple of these fellows and our own body are showing a negative trend here. Of course, it's best to look forward with some optimism at least.
And enjoy the play, cause it's gonna be a good one.

Alas, it's too late to consider most of these options, and the last two could perhaps come hand-in-hand, but I'm gonna keep agreeing with ViciousVip3R and give our perspective on the place.

Stats
Ambrose
Female Resident

RELATIONSHIPS

"...This is a long hallway," you say quietly, and you can see Meriel perk up, giving you a sideways glance. "I wonder where it leads to."

Meriel hesitates, as if she wants to respond but doesn't know the words to use. She glances around, hoping to find something worth conversation, but it's obvious that won't come to anything without your assistance.

As you've brought up the conversation of the place, you decide to talk about:

The courtyard.
The bedrooms.
The ballroom.
The paintings.
The strange voice.

OOC
(Aw thank you guys!! ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R official clown business official clown business And yes, don't worry! Positive times ahead!! ;))
Voting ends Jan 17, 2018 at 3:00pm PST

Last edited:
Stats
Ambrose
Female Resident

RELATIONSHIPS

"...This is a long hallway," you say quietly, and you can see Meriel perk up, giving you a sideways glance. "I wonder where it leads to."

Meriel hesitates, as if she wants to respond but doesn't know the words to use. She glances around, hoping to find something worth conversation, but it's obvious that won't come to anything without your assistance.

As you've brought up the conversation of the place, you decide to talk about:

The courtyard.
The bedrooms.
The ballroom.
The paintings.
The strange voice.

OOC
(Aw thank you guys!! ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R official clown business official clown business And yes, don't worry! Positive times ahead!! ;))
Voting ends Jan 17, 2018 at 3:00pm PST
I'd avoid talking about the voice to avoid giving it a reason to punish us, but all the other choices are valid. I'll start with the paintings.

"Hey, what do you know about the strange voi- I mean OH GOD MY HEART CONDITION'S ACTING UP AGAIN"

We could talk about anything but the voice obviously. I mean just lock that option in a safe or something, it ain't gonna happen.

I think we should talk about the courtyard. It's a nice looking courtyard, don't you think?

Stats
Ambrose
Female Resident

RELATIONSHIPS

Meriel: 65

"This place is really nice," you say, trying to watch Meriel's reaction without being obvious. "The courtyard was really pretty. Someone must take really good care of it."

Meriel surprises you by actually turning her head to look at you. "I thought so too," she says, a small smile on her face, though she quickly looks away. "I liked the garden by the fountain." She pauses, then looks up at you quickly, looking worried. "Oh! Y-you weren't there yet; I'm sorry!" She turns fully away from you again, face flushed.

"It's okay," you reply softly. "It sounds beautiful. I'd love to see it later, if you'd show me."

Meriel looks at you slowly, and you offer a smile, to which she smiles back. "O-okay," she mumbles. +5 Relationship!

As the conversation trails off, you quickly point out a painting on the wall. "He looks like he didn't get enough sleep," you joke, as the man's eyes are dramatically large and bloodshot.

Meriel giggles quietly into her hand, then stops to look at it closer. "His clothes are very fancy," she observes. "But his crown is on the table beside him, not on his head. Maybe it symbolizes that he doesn't want to be king. He does look very stressed and tired by it all."

You blink at her, then smile as she quickly turns to you, looking embarassed. "I-I mean... I'm sorry, I didn't mean to ramble." She wrings her hands and looks down at the floor.

"No, no!" you reply, shaking your head. "That was really interesting! I bet that's exactly what the artist was trying to say."

"...Y-you think...?" Meriel asks, looking surprised and a bit hopeful.

"Yeah! You seem really smart. Do you like painting?"

"I-I've never done it myself... well, I guess I don't remember doing it. I don't remember anything."

"Me neither. And the others as well. I wonder why?" You also absentmindedly wonder why the voice allows you to talk about some things and not others.

Meriel shrugs. "...Maybe we'll find out at the end of this hallway," she suggests, and you nod. As you finally approach the end of the hallway, you notice that Meriel is standing a bit straighter, and is smiling. +10 Relationship!

At the end of the hallway are another pair of intricately carved doors, with a lit torch adorning either side. There are no handles on either door, but there is a knocker, as well as what looks like a lever beside it on the wall.

"Should we knock?" Viessa asks absentmindedly.

"There is a knocker," Roran points out.

Aymer rolls his eyes. "Why not just push it open?"

"I wanna see what the lever does!" Elmyra exclaims.

Meriel doesn't look like she plans on saying anything, and Laeroth is staring at the doors silently, as though he is trying to will them open, or perhaps is just thinking.

You decide to:

Agree with Viessa and Roran, and knock on the door.
Agree with Aymer, and try to push the door open.
Agree with Elmyra, and pull the lever.
Ask Laeroth and Meriel what they think.
Do nothing.

OOC
(LMBO ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R official clown business official clown business yeah i doubted yall were gonna pick it but why not just have the option >;3c Also screw it I gave u guys both bc I love writing Meriel lol)
Voting ends Jan 17, 2018 at 10:00pm PST

Although the knocker sounds the most reasonable, I am curious as to what the lever will do. However, I think it is important to hear the opinions of everyone involved so let's ask Laeroth and Meriel first, as maybe they have something constructive to say. If anything, the last passage only showed how observant Meriel is, so maybe she sees something no one else noticed.

Hmm, the knocker will probably reveal the residence's host, the lever opens the door, and ViciousVip3R has already provided sound reasoning to consider Laeroth and Meriel's thoughts.

Stats
Ambrose
Female Resident

RELATIONSHIPS

Meriel: 64

"Let's listen to Meriel." You turn and look at her. "What do you think we should do?" you ask, and Meriel freezes, face white and eyes wide in horror as the others turn and look at her expectantly.

"...I... um... I... I don't... know..." she mumbles, tripping over her words as she rushes to get an answer out. She doesn't seem to be the biggest fan of being put on the spot (or in the spotlight).

You notice this, and mutter a quiet "Sorry!" to her so the others won't hear. She nods to you in forgiveness, and while it's evident she doesn't take it personally, she still looks a bit shaken. -1 Relationship!

"What about you, um... Laeroth, was it?" You turn to the boy, who is still staring at the door with his signature wide eyes.

"The door," he says, without looking at you. "There's a button on the door." He slowly lifts a hand and points at the door.

You follow his gaze and observe the intricate design on the door: two gnarling trees coming together and combining into one. You don't see a button, however. "Where?"

"On the door."

You sigh. "Yes, but where?"

"The side facing us."

"Where on the side facing us?"

"The middle. On the fruit."

"...Fruit?"

"Where the trees merge."

You search the door, and after a moment, find the fruit. "Oh! There! You're right; I think that is a button!"

"A button? Where?" asks Viessa, raising an eyebrow.

"On the door," Laeroth responds.

"There's a fruit in the design," you explain. "It's a button!"

"Ooh!" Elmyra squeals. "Buttons and levers! We should push both!"

"Let's decide in the group first," Roran says plainly.

Your vote goes to:

Knocking on the door.
Pushing the door open.
Pulling the lever.
Pushing the button.

OOC
(I love your guys' commentary!!! ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R official clown business official clown business It means a lot that you're really putting thought into the answers/options ;w; )
Voting ends Jan 18, 2018 at 10:00am PST

Ooh! A shiny button!...Um, I mean, we should push the button as there must be some reason the designer has gone to such great extents to conceal it. Plus, I trust Laeroth. Each of us was chosen for a reason, so we should learn to trust their skills if not the person itself.

You see, this is what a team can accomplish. Some of us are able to discover things others simply don't see at first. Excellent work, Laeroth.

It's time to push that button. We're going in!

Another option involves all four at the same time... naaah, we don't want to try that.

Stats
Ambrose
Female Resident

RELATIONSHIPS

Laeroth: 50

Aymer: 35

"I say we push the button," you suggest. "It was hidden for a reason. Good job, Laeroth."

The boy slowly turns and looks at you, then looks away again, lips twitching slightly. +5 Relationship!

"Maybe it's a test," Roran says softly. "To see how observant we are. I agree with Ambrose."

"Yeah, okay, let's do it," Viessa agrees.

Aymer grunts, rolling his eyes at you. "...Whatever." -5 Relationship!

Meriel nods, smiling at you. "O-okay..."

"Works for me!" Elmyra cries, before jabbing her finger onto the button.

A moment passes.

Then two.

Then three.

You all stand there, waiting for something to happen, but it seems that nothing occurs.

"Good one figuring that one out, you guys," Aymer mutters, but nobody responds.

Another moment passes.

And another.

...And another.

Viessa sighs loudly. "Well, this turned out to be a terri--"

The door swings open, startling the group of you and forcing you all to jump a few steps back.

"--rrific idea!" Viessa corrects herself as light streams into the hallway, blinding you all for a good moment or two.

You shield your eyes, and when they adjust to the light, you see a large room with a circular table. Around the table are seven seats, and at each place is a plate of something. It smells delicious, and you all move into the room.

"Breakfast?!" Elmyra exclaims, dashing to the table. "I'm so hungry!"

As you near the table, you see, indeed, a large and hearty breakfast, with eggs, ham, bread, and even what looks like a salad.

"There's a note here," Roran says, plucking a piece if paper from the table. "It says to sit down and eat. And its signed by 'K'."

"That's who wrote the notes in our rooms!" Elmyra gasps, already leaping into a seat.

"I guess we should eat, then," Roran shrugs, taking his seat as well.

You are the last to sit, and are placed in an empty seat between Viessa and Aymer.

You decide to first eat:

The eggs.
The ham.
The bread.
The salad.

OOC
( ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R official clown business official clown business Kind of a lame choice lol but it's important I promise! Also, interactions with Viessa and Aymer ahead >w>)
Voting ends Jan 18, 2018 at 11:00pm PST

What? I don't understand how this choice is lame. We're about to figure out what kind of food catches Ambrose's eye the most (or simply the order in which she dines) - which is no small decision. Sure, it's not exactly Waffles VS Pancakes, but it may as well be from what I'm thinking here.

So we'll probably save the best stuff, the eggs and ham, for last - though these could each be so good that there is no best one. Still, I think bread and salad are the current contenders for our first choice of food.
I believe the salad should be the first choice. Sure, this might be the salad that could go in just about any position on the list, but I feel like putting it first is good. Like it's the starter, or the appetizer; a good omen for what's coming up next.
The bread would go afterwards, since I think it might go pretty well with the eggs and ham (doesn't matter which order for those two) that'll be right after it. But first, salad.

This all goes through Ambrose's head in a matter of mere seconds, by the way. She's serious about food in this house, though no one would ever notice that fact about her.

(That's the beauty of Quest Logs, you never know what sort of implications each choice will have!)
I'm going to trust my gut instinct and go with the salad.

Edit: Sweet! It agrees with Jakelads choice. Great minds think alike! ;)

Stats
Ambrose
Female Resident

Intelligence: 6

RELATIONSHIPS

You dig into the salad first, something you notice Meriel and Roran do as well. You aren't exactly sure what kind of salad it is, but it's absolutely delicious, and as you eat it, you feel as though your mind is cleared. +1 Intelligence!

You notice many of the others are in conversation, so you decide to join in. As they are closest to you, you decide to speak to:

Amyer.
Viessa.

OOC
( ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R official clown business official clown business You guys are so in sync lol :'D And Im glad you guys are taking this so seriously pfft ;w; )
Voting ends Jan 19, 2018 at 8:00am PST

Aymer is a shithead.

Now, if you've been around a shithead or two (the cool kind) then you know that such people can add to the diversity of a group in positive ways we can't imagine at first. It's just a task of getting to know them, understanding them, and most importantly, preventing that Relationship from dropping so low that Aymer just starts actually being a dick to us.

With that said, let's talk to Aymer and see what he has to say. Good food will surely have lifted his spirits at least a little.

Aymer is a shithead.

Now, if you've been around a shithead or two (the cool kind) then you know that such people can add to the diversity of a group in positive ways we can't imagine at first. It's just a task of getting to know them, understanding them, and most importantly, preventing that Relationship from dropping so low that Aymer just starts actually being a dick to us.

With that said, let's talk to Aymer and see what he has to say. Good food will surely have lifted his spirits at least a little.
I see no reason to disagree.

Aymer it is then.

Stats
Ambrose
Female Resident

Intelligence: 6

RELATIONSHIPS

You decide to speak to Aymer, the grumpy boy who seems to really dislike Elmyra (and, well, everyone else). He is eating the ham and eggs, a bit messily, as though he was quite hungry and would gobble it down faster if no one was around. He isn't looking at, much less talking to, anyone else.

To begin conversation, you decide to:

Say hello.
Ask him what he thinks about the place.
Tell him what you think about the place.
Say nothing. He'll notice you staring and surely begin the conversation himself.

OOC
(YALL TALKING ABOUT AYMER IS SO FUNNY :'D official clown business official clown business ViciousVip3R ViciousVip3R I love the commentary!!! <3)
Voting ends Jan 19, 2018 at 11:00pm PST

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back