• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kosudai High

The mouse watched the girl intently for several moments, then it seemed satisfied and crawled back along the wall and under the door. Once on the other side, it sniffed around, then squeezed itself under another door. A little later, the lock on that door clicked and Verm opened the door and walked out. The nurse looked over at him sternly, not the least bit surprised that someone she had not seen go in was coming out of a locked room.

"You're still here? You should be in class, young man."

Verm frowned and nodded. "Yes, ma'am. Right away."

Outside the nurse's office, he started off for his class, then glanced in the other direction with a crooked smirk. He spun around and headed toward the location the other two boys had chosen for their private chat. Even though he smelled like a mouse, he definitely was not as quiet as one. He was rather heavy and each step hit the floor with a loud clomp that clearly announced his approach to anyone who was listening.

@BobbyW @Grimmlock @thebrokendoll

Kira lowered his hand again, since it was still raised from throwing the knife just now. He then rested it inside his pockets and listened to Leo's response, eyeing him with a critical gaze. A witch's familiar?.. Well, i guess there could be a witch attending Kosudai this year.

He thought, raising an eyebrow slightly. "Well, i did have my reasons for keeping you alive until now, too." The boy confirmed. Although now that he found out about me being a diary owner, my plan's basically screwed... Well there still IS one option i guess... But should i really consider making use of it?.. The boy Was about to tell Leo to lead the way to the female dorms, when the sound of heavy, loud footsteps, heading into their direction echoed through the area. Seriously, you didn't have to be a supernatural being to take note of that. For a short moment, Kira turned towards the door of the room they were in, but soon relocated his eyes on Leo's seemingly friendly expression again. Toning down his voice a little, the boy calmly stated, "Sounds like someone's heading towards us. I'm just gonna assume you didn't invite anyone else to this little chat, right?"

@Grimmlock @Xylch

Verm continued clomping down the hall until he stopped beside a door. He reached for the knob, but hesitated, then shrugged his shoulders and opened the door. For a moment he stood there in awkward silence, glancing back and forth between the two boys. Finally, he cleared his throat, made a crooked grin and said, "This isn't...uh...literature, is it? I'm...uh...looking for my next class."

@Grimmlock @BobbyW

Leo looked at the door, then back at Kira, "Not that I know of," He replied in the same tone of Kira. Leo looked around a bit and seeing nothing to hide behind, just stood there as a guy poked his head, asking a question about finding his next class. Leo forces a awkward chuckle and rubbed the back of his neck. "You made that mistake too? I thought we were the only ones..." As Leo wrapped up his statement. he turned his head and looked right into Kira's crimson gaze, giving him a subtle look that seemed to be beckoning him to play along.

@BobbyW @Xylch

After Leo's response, Kira closed his eyes for a short moment and crossed his arms. The footsteps he was hearing seemed to have stopped directly in front of the door to the room in which they were currently in. There was no doubt somebody was going to enter. At this thought, the boy's eyelids shot open again, locating towards his knive which was still stuck in the wall behind Leo. I need to pull that blade out since it might raise suspicion... But as the assassin was about to do just that, a familiar face seemed to have already entered the room. Shit. Too late i guess. Kira uncrossed his arms and stuck his hands into his pockets. The young male then glanced over to the intruder, realizing who it was. It's the guy from earlier, the one i met at the nurse's office. Said person had then questioned if whether or not literature class was being held here, to which Leo replied with a little lie. It seemed like he wanted The boy to play along, as his glance suggested. Kira looked back at him, glaring at the male critically for a moment. He then closed his eyes once more for a second, but soon opened them again. This time, he locked them onto the third guy, displaying a more friendly look than previously. "Oh, you again. Well... Like Leo here just said, me and him happen to both have literature classes next, just like you. But uhh... we kinda forgot to take our schedules with us over everything that happened this morning. You've seen me carry a girl to the nurse's office, right? Yeah, it's been a pretty eventful day." The assassin explained with a friendliness in his voice which his expression matched. I'm guessing he'd had to have seen me bringing Tai to the nurse. It's the only way his statement early would've made any sense really. Rubbing the back of his head, Kira exchanged a quick glance with Leo. He then looked back at the other guy again and continued, "While we're at it, what's your name actually?"

@Grimmlock @Xylch

Tai, who had been sitting silently for the whole time, decided she was done waiting. She got up, and started for the door. Leaving, she could hear a voice she didn't recognize, and then Kira's response. She walked as silently as she could towards the conversation, and stopped a few yards away from a boy, most likely the voice she didn't recognize. Tai looked at the scenario apprehensively, and listened at close attention. It never really occured to her how dumb she was, just standing there in the middle of the hall, with nowhere to hide should the boys exit, and no reasonable nor believable excuse as to why she was standing there, listening in. Her thoughts were elsewhere; mostly on the conversation. She heard something about literature class, and about her being carried to the nurse's office. The mention of it turned her pale cheeks pink, but she remained as still and silent as she was capable of doing.

@Grimmlock @BobbyW @Xylch

The forced smile on Verm's face relaxed into a genuine one. "Well, actually, it's Vernon Montgomery, but everyone calls me Verm."

He swung his backpack off his shoulders and started digging through it. "Didn't think of looking at my schedule. Probably's got directions and everything right on it. And yeah, I did see you carrying her. Never saw anyone move so fast, but they say in a crisis, folks get the adrenaline they need to do stuff like that. Do you know what was wrong with her or did she just faint or something?"

@Grimmlock @BobbyW @thebrokendoll

Leo looked between the two. He remembered seeing that man when he left Tai's room, but he didn't think much of it. When Vernon went into his bag to grab his schedule, Leo looked back at the wall and quickly ripped the knife out of the wall in a surprisingly quiet matter. As a sign of a temporary true and trust, Leo tossed the knife to Kira. As he threw it to him, Leo held onto his crimson gaze and nodded to the exit, trying to hint at the earlier talk and how that had to go to Tai's room.

@Xylch @BobbyW @thebrokendoll

"Alright Verm. I'm Kira, and my friend here's Leo." The assassin stated, sporting a light smile. He also made a little gesture towards the other male as he introduced him. Then, as Vernon proceeded with going through his bag, Kira's gaze shifted towards Leo as he quickly yanked the knife out of the wall. Slightly raising an eyebrow, the boy caught the blade once it was tossed to him, tugging it into his belt and Slipping his shirt over it. The gesture did surprise Kira, but since both he and Leo were currently in this together, a temporary truce was probably for the best. While his gaze had switched back over to Vernon, the assassin did take note of the message Leo was trying to tell him. He gave him a slight nod as a response, but kept his eyes on Verm. Well, he's right. We need to continue the conversation somewhere safer... but we already told Verm that we were searching for literature class as well. So not attending would be suspicious. I guess we'll just have to make up an excuse so he doesn't expect us to follow him right away, finish our talk, and meet him at literature.

Rubbing his neck, the boy chuckled a little. "I guess i was pretty fast, huh? And yeah, she just fell unconscious out of nowhere. We were about to head to our next class together, and suddenly, it happened. Since i didn't know what was wrong with her, i took her to the nurse's office. It was pretty scary to be honest, but the nurse took care of her and now she's doing okay again." He said, changing his expression into one of concern when he spoke about Tai. Kira's gaze wandered over to Leo for a moment, then moved towards the door before eventually returning to Vernon. "So, in what room are literature classes being held?"

@Xylch @Grimmlock

Verm pulled a paper out of his pack. "Got it!" He stood up, swinging the pack back onto his shoulders but keeping the paper in his hand. As he did, he stared at Leo, or rather at the wall behind him. "Nasty crack there."

He turned his eyes to the paper and ran one finger down it. "Shouldn't rush the plastering. That's what Gramps always says. Let's see...literature...is...Room 8, Hallway 24." He twisted his mouth to one side as he looked closer at the paper. "Or is that a three? It's sort of smudged."

Looking up at Leo and Kira, he smiled. "Well, if one's wrong, we'll try the other. No problem right? Glad to hear that girl's okay. Sounds like it could be low blood sugar. That happened to Gramps once, but Ollie, that's my cousin, gave him some tonic for that and now he's fine."

He turned to leave and asked, "You guys coming?"

@Grimmlock @BobbyW

(Just gonna jump in and post since i feel like there isn't really anything for @Grimmlock to reply to.)

Kira watched as Vernon found his schedule, swinging his backpack back on. He raised an eyebrow once said person seemingly shifted his gaze over to Leo, remaining there for a moment. Then, as Verm commented on the damaged wall behind the male, Kira shot a quick glance at Leo as well. Phew...

At this point, it didn't take the corpulent fella long to find information regarding literature class. Since the paper was a little hard to read, it wasn't 100% clear in which room the searched lesson was being held, but Verm announed nontheless what it looked like to him. Then, as he turned towards the exit, Kira rubbed the back of his head. "Uhh... Actually, i was just thinking that it would probably be best if me and Leo made a quick trip to our dorms, before heading over to class. We're gonna need our own schedules for the rest of the day, after all. Right Leo?" The boy said, glancing up at the male. With his eyes, he was trying to tell him to agree.

@Xylch

Verm nodded. "Yeah, that makes sense. See you l.." He was interrupted by Glenn Miller playing Chattanooga Choo Choo. "That'll be Ollie checking up on me."

He waved to Kira and Leo, then walked away, talking on his phone loud enough for anyone nearby to easily overhear him.

"I'm here....Really, that's the first thing you think of? If you've got to know, yes, there are cute girls here....Gramps and Gramma brought me....Mom, wouldn't come anywhere near this place. Thinks it's full of, I don't know, demons or something....One girl like us in the cafeteria, but mostly just normal kids."

@Grimmlock @BobbyW

Tai stood, her face crunched into an expression of confusion. I wonder why... her thought was interrupted by the exit of the boy, and her face promptly turned red as she realized what an idiot she was for having just been standing in the hallway. She then noticed that he was talking on his phone, and so she decided to just stand there in the hopes that he wouldn't notice her. However, that plan was pretty much foiled when she felt her throat constrict. What the bloody hell?! I was just in the nurse's office for this! They gave me blood! Why the hell am I so thirsty?! she wondered as she felt her fangs slide from their sheaths. She hated when they did that; it often scared off potential friends. She backed into a wall, and tried very hard to ignore the smells of people's blood around her. Closing her eyes, she pretended that she was alone, in a dark room with no one else. It didn't seem to be working, because the panging of her hunger continued.

(mentioned) @Xylch @Grimmlock @BobbyW

As Kira followed along with his plan, Leo had to force back a grin. This might actually work. he thought, nodding at Kira's statement about having to grab our own schedules. "Yeah. It was kind of a stupid mistake on our parts I guess." Leo agreed. A moment later when Leo heard a song coming from Verm's pocket. A phone call? Leo though. A moment later, Verm pulled out a cell phone and answered Leo's question. As Verm continued to talk on the phone, he exited the room and left Kira and Leo alone in the room once again. Before either of the two males could say anything, Leo exhaled fairly loudly and squatted down, leaving him sitting against the wall with crack in it. "I've never realized how much talking to strangers wears me out." As Leo took a moment to catch his breath he noticed that the storm of chaos that was his power, starting to calm and become usable again. Leo wanted to test it out quick by pushing it to his brain and heighten his senses. As he gain superhuman hearing, Leo heard Verm getting further away, but he also heard a strange thud like someone fell on the floor or hit a wall. It was a strange thing to hear, now that all the kids were in classes and the faculty were all busy planning the first day of classes. Leo's brow furrowed and he looked over at Kira. "I'm sorry to have to interrupt the conversation we were just about to get back to, but this could be important." Leo said, walking out of the door at to the place where he heard the thud. Leo was led into a dark, stuffy room. "Hello? Is anyone in here? Are you okay?" Leo asked in a calm tone.

(I didn't specify, but Kira can come with Leo if he wants.)

@Xylch @thebrokendoll @BobbyW

(kay thanks!)

Tai's hands clenched into fists, her nails digging harshly into the palm of her hand. L-Leo.. she took an involuntary step forward, her throat tightening as the smell of Leo's blood wafted towards her. She took another step, even as her brain screamed Stop! She cringed, and choked out, "G-get away... P-please!" Another step forward, and the pain grew as the blood red of her eyes shined even brighter with bloodlust.

@Grimmlock

Leo's eyes widened in surprise. "Tai?!" He said, nearly shouting it. He jogged over to where he heard Tai's voice originate from and and up to her and put his hand on her shoulders. As soon as he touched Tai, Leo knew something was wrong. Her muscles felt tense and her breath was uneven. Leo wasn't going to ask why she was out of the nurse's office while she was in this condition. "What's wrong, and how can I help?" Leo asked, dead serious.

@thebrokendoll

Tai's face contorted in pain; the willpower it was taking to resist his blood was enormous. Even with all that, it wouldn't be long before she collapsed and lost control of her sanity from the bloodlust.

"L-Leo, p-please... g-get away before I..." she was cut off as her eyes flashed again, and as her throat's dryness became a scorching desert. She stood up on her tiptoes, not able to control her actions. Before she could warn Leo again, or do anything, all she felt was his neck pressed up against his neck. Her face relaxed, as well as the rest of her. There was just something about Leo's blood that was so satisfying... it went way beyond taste. She sighed lightly against his neck, her eyes shutting in bliss.

@Grimmlock

Verm had been too engaged in his phone call to notice the girl lurking in the hall. He continued his conversation as he went through the school until he finally came to Hallway 24.

"Got to go to class now, Ollie. Talk to you later."

He stopped outside the third room and was about to open the door, but first he checked the schedule once more. After staring at the number for a while, he put it back in his pack, then went on to the eighth room, which did turn out to be his literature class.

@thebrokendoll

a tiny smirk spreading across the assassin's lips now as well, Kira relocated his gaze towards Vernon again after hearing Leo agree. Just as the corpulent fella was about to say his goodbyes, his phone suddenly rang off in form of some kind of old school sounding song. According to Verm, the person ringing through was most likely Ollie, who he explained to be his cousin earlier. As a response, the boy gave him a single nod, accompanied by a slight wave with his hand. "See you in class!" Kira added to the gesture with an up-beat tone of voice as the other male left the room.

Now since that was finally over, a sigh of both relief and exhaustion escaped his lips. The assassin's body went into a more relaxed state now as well. The boy didn't realize how tensed up he's gotten because this unexpected visitor just now. His eyes shot over to the crouched down Leo, to whom the encountern seemed to have had a similar effect on. sliding his hands back into his pockets, the young male didn't say anything in response to the other's statement, although he did think to himself,
You can say that again. It's been a while since something exhausted me like that...

After a moment, Kira noticed how Leo's expression suddenly changed, almost as if he just noticed- or became aware of something. This caused the boy to raise an eyebrow, especially after seeing how the other male stood up to his feet again in order to head out of the room.

"I'm sorry to have to interrupt the conversation we were just about to get back to, but this could be important."

Obviously confused, the young assassin watched as the supernaturally inclined walked through the door, only to follow him shortly after.

"What are you talking about?" Just like Leo, Kira also had to manually concentrate his power in order to heighten his senses. Therefor, the boy wasn't aware of the 'thud' that the other one heard. Well, he went after him anyway and they eventually entered a dark, stale-aired room. At this point, the teen decided that the situation did actually call for a use of his abilities. His crimson eyes started emitting a soft glow as he focused his energy at them. Immediatly, the whole environment became a lot more visible to him despite the lack of light. Kira now went ahead and analyzed the area. His gaze proceeded with scanning his surroundings, not taking even a single step further into the room without knowing that there weren't any potential threats.

This process was soon cancelled though, as he heard a familiar voice call out to his current 'partner in crime'. Kira's eyes shot towards the source of this sound immediatly, only to be greated by an unusually grim looking Tai. This caused a change of expression for him as well, as his eyes widened in a surprised manner at this unexpected sight.
Tai? What the hell is she doing in here? He thought to himself.

While the assassin was still positioned near the entrance, Leo, obviously concerned for the girl, rushed to her at once. Unfortunately, it was only now, after taking a closer look at the female, that Kira noticed something odd about her eyes. A dark bloodlust was displayed from them. He then lowered his gaze to her mouth and noticed a pair of vampire-like fangs. This set off his alarm bells but before he could say anything, Tai already sank her teeth into her boyfriends neck.

The look on his face turning dead serious, Kira's eyes started glowing even brigher. In a moments notice, the young assassin shot forward and took a hold of Leo with his right hand. He pulled the male back, while forcing Tai away from him with his left hand.

The demon stared the girl straight in the eyes.
"Sorry, but i'm going to need him at full strength for the rest of the day. Can't let you have him just yet." He stated, his lips twisting up into a slight smirk. If i want everything to play out according to my new plan, i'll need Leo to be capable of fighting tonight. I can't have her drain him of his blood.

@Xylch @Grimmlock @thebrokendoll

Last edited by a moderator:
Tai glared at him with her now deadly red eyes, before her face seemed to relax. She blinked a couple of times, and said, "W-what?..." She closed her eyes for a moment, and fished around in her pocket. After a moment's realization, her eyes snapped open, and she said, "Oh! Kira, do you know where my d- er, phone is?" Idiot! Don't go around announcing that! she mentally kicked herself over her slip.

@Grimmlock @BobbyW

Leo wasn't taken by surprise as much as some sort of strange relief that she would be alright soon. He tightly wrapped his arms around Tai's waist and tilting his head, leaving his neck for vulnerable for Tai to feed off of. Leo lost track of how much time has passed, when all of a sudden Kira had intervened, pushing Leo and Tai away from each other. The simple shove would have been easy to recover from, but because of the blood loss, Leo fell back, flat on his ass due to the dizziness. A moment passed before he had remembered about his returned powers. Leo took his power and focused it into his chest to produce some more blood. In just a minute, Leo was totally recovered from the sudden feeding from Tai. By this time, he was just in time to catch Tai's question. Leo quickly glanced over at Kira and sighed. "Tai, you don't have to keep your diary a secret from Kira anymore... It's a long story, but the short version is that Kira is a diary owner as well and has most likely known that you were one since last night."

@thebrokendoll @BobbyW

At hearing this, Tai's mouth threatened to drop, before she regained her composure. She took a slight step back from Kira, the deadly glare back in her eyes. "...So, Kira," she started. "...Planning to kill me, or what? You know, knowing this actually makes me feel a bit stupid. For a while there, I thought you were genuinely a nice person. Now all I see is that you're just a wolf in sheep's clothing." She crossed her arms, and then glanced at Leo. "Oh, and I'm sorry for taking your blood, Leo," she said, her face softening for a moment, before returning her attention to Kira. This brought the steely glare back, and she was silent.

@Grimmlock @BobbyW

"Ha, that's a nice way of putting it." The young assassin stated, his usual smug attitude expressed through his voice. He was referring to the 'wolf in sheeps clothing' comment of Tai. Her sudden change of expression, from the previous one to a look of surprise and shock over to the cold face she made after Kira separated her from Leo. It made the boy's smirk grow a little wider. He pulled hs hands out of his pockets and crossed his arms. The young male kept his eyes steadily locked onto Tai, just the way she did with him. They only swayed away over to Leo once the girl did so as well, but soon returned to their previous position. Eventually, Kira decided to comment on the assumption she made in her first statement. "So, just to make this clear: Until now, i had PLENTY of opportunities to take both you and prince charming over here out." He said, tilding his head over to Leo. "Like for example when i found your diary in your dorm room under your pillow. So no, i'm not gonna harm you two. Actually, the opposite is the case." The assassin shifted his gaze over to Leo, before returning it back to the girl, and closing his eyes for a moment next. "I'm sure you can already guess that i didn't save you today just from the kindess of my heart. No, i need you guys alive for my own reasons... Remember the one that attacked you yesterday? The stalker? I'm after him, and i'm sure that he's going to try and finish what he started yesterday, tonight." While speaking, Kira's expression turned from smug over to a more serious state. "Well, and the only way to get to him is over you, Tai. So, in other words, we three have a common enemy."

@thebrokendoll @Grimmlock

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back