• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Kolan and The Guild Wars OOC

There is a system of magic here with a condition that what species determines how powerful you are in which branch of magic. there is a link for the lore and culture up top
I already have read that, but I think I get the jist after re-reading it. I didn't notice that Enchantments was already on the list for Exoteric Magic.
Though, it slightly confuses me. As there doesn't seem to be any restriction on which magic can cast certain spells.
There is a lot of Overlap between the two, seeing as Elemental Spells are 70% Esoteric, but Exoteric Spell casters use their magic for Elemental Magic, all the same.
Would that not mean that a Dragon's Fireball Spell is 40% weaker than a Fairy's? Since, 30% of Elemental Spells are Exoteric, and Fairy's don't use Exoteric Magic.
So can I use Enchantments no matter what kind of Spell caster I am?

I could see it fitting into the Warrior Subclass.
But do you mean like the Schools of Magic, when you say Magic type?
There is a system of magic here with a condition that what species determines how powerful you are in which branch of magic. there is a link for the lore and culture up top
I already have read that, but I think I get the jist after re-reading it. I didn't notice that Enchantments was already on the list for Exoteric Magic.
Though, it slightly confuses me. As there doesn't seem to be any restriction on which magic can cast certain spells.
There is a lot of Overlap between the two, seeing as Elemental Spells are 70% Esoteric, but Exoteric Spell casters use their magic for Elemental Magic, all the same.
Would that not mean that a Dragon's Fireball Spell is 40% weaker than a Fairy's? Since, 30% of Elemental Spells are Exoteric, and Fairy's don't use Exoteric Magic.
So can I use Enchantments no matter what kind of Spell caster I am?

Esoteric and Exoteric is more like what source of energy your magic comes from. As a human it makes To enchant esoterically than exoterically. The enchantment will be stronger like that but a dream has to do most spells exoterically since they have to little eso in them.

What I meant by magic type, and I apologize for the confusion, was like type of spells, enchanting is a type of magic, such as necromancy and water magic and so on. You could just have a mage with an enchanting speciality or a specialty in what would be closer to what you consider an enchanter.

Esoteric and Exoteric is more like what source of energy your magic comes from. As a human it makes To enchant esoterically than exoterically. The enchantment will be stronger like that but a dream has to do most spells exoterically since they have to little eso in them.

What I meant by magic type, and I apologize for the confusion, was like type of spells, enchanting is a type of magic, such as necromancy and water magic and so on. You could just have a mage with an enchanting speciality or a specialty in what would be closer to what you consider an enchanter.
Would you mind, if I made my own Family?

Family of what?
Like, for my Backstory. I was planning on having my character fleeing from her Family, and making the journey to the Raven Guild.
Just wanted to make sure, because the way i want to do her family would make them widely known, but not liked by many people.

Last edited:
Like, for my Backstory. I was planning on having my character fleeing from her Family, and making the journey to the Raven Guild.
Just wanted to make sure, because the way i want to do her family would make them widely known, but not liked by many people.
I'm not the GM but I dont believe there will be any problems with that. Dont take my word for it tho

Do et

Baron Baron
Perfect Cs!
Head right on to the armory and you may post yourself at the guild hall. I have a very good idea on hetting you aboard a ship, Which way do you want to head? potential kraken attack on route to hybridios or solving a seemingly possessed doll mystery having to pass the golemn guards of the Fae kingdom?

Hi guys, Wolf Guild is still alive!

Also, due to changes in the players, I'm retconning some stuff so just pay attention to the latest updates.

AgWordSmith AgWordSmith Are you still looking for new players?

I am interested in creating a character and joining, but seeing as there is a large amount of content to read over, I wanted to double check and make sure you were interested in new players.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back